Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree27Likes
Day 2 of Withdrawls from Oxycodone
    OnTheWay is offline Member

I am hanging in there. A lot of crying today. What is funny is, the interview will distract me. If I have business to do, I am able to go right into the mode.

I will say that anxiety is 90% of my withdrawal. Hopefully due to my low dose and time doing. My stomach is upset, but that is really the only physical symptom. The anxiety is almost overwhelming. Especially with the realization of what I have dome to my marriage and finances. I have to put that to the side for a few weeks before I can deal with that. When those things come into my mind I start saying to myself... block out, block out, block out,. I focus on a spot in the room and block out those concerns right now. I have to get better first.

geez_again is offline Member

I hear ya. I do the same thing. I think that's why I work so much. Well, firstly to support my habit (who am I kidding?) ans then bc it keeps me busy. Keeps me occupied. When I'm not working I almost don't know what to do with myself. Even if I have something to do or go, its almost like im uncomfortable. So I get that. Same thing for me to the realization of my life, my relationships and finances, I block it out, I cannot deal with it ( I feel) right now, until I'm "well" Glad to hear ur hanging in there, I don't like to make promises I can't keep but I'd like to promise you that the way u feel right now or the past few days will not last forever. It is indeed a huge part of the WD symptoms as well as trying to live and deal with life without those nasty pills! It will get better, it will get bearable and then one day ur gonna say to urself....wow, I feel somewhat normal or wow no anxiety today, it may take time but it will not last forever. I'm sure of it. Happy for update. keep up the good work! Just took my mom out for her birthday dinner, feels good to be there for her. It really does. Feeling drained tho and trying to not dose until morning...….we shall see. Have a great night!

Thanks. About to go to bed a beg God to let tomorrow be much better.

i'll pray for u as well and hope u hv a good night sleep. im exhausted.

Well, thanks to Ambien Cr, I made it through the night. It is amazing that for the first few minutes after you wake up, you feel fine and BAM, the massive anxiety hits and lets you know it will be with you all day.Had to take .75 Xanax this morning. Hate to do that, but I have a job interview in a few hours as well and I need to be calm so I don't sweat through my suit.

Well I think at this point as long as don't take an oxy to get to job interview then it's better than that! I know what u mean though. Hope ur interview went well. Hope ur anxiety is better. Do u still feel anxiety after u take the xanax? I know in the past u have said that it really doesn't? Which surprises me. That stuff knocks me out! I wouldn't be able to get thru an interview on that!! Keep staying strong!

Quote Originally Posted by geez_again View Post
    Well I think at this point as long as don't take an oxy to get to job interview then it's better than that! I know what u mean though. Hope ur interview went well. Hope ur anxiety is better. Do u still feel anxiety after u take the xanax? I know in the past u have said that it really doesn't? Which surprises me. That stuff knocks me out! I wouldn't be able to get thru an interview on that!! Keep staying strong!
    I hate taking a .75 because at that dose, it stops anxiety butt cold HOWEVER, you are sleepy. HOWEVER, once in the interview I was keyed up and it was a non issue. If it didn't have the sleepy side effect and addictive nature, that would have been perfect. I had almost zero anxiety for about 4 hours. At this point, relief for that long was better than an oxycodone high. It is mid afternoon and I am home now because I am freakin drained. I think the physical stuff is over again and I have moved into the Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety PAWS stage (will probably be there exclusively by Sat.).

Can any of you guys give me an educated guess based on my average of 30mgs a day for 7-9 months as to how long it will be before I feel normal again? 2019? End of November?

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheWay View Post
    I hate taking a .75 because at that dose, it stops anxiety butt cold HOWEVER, you are sleepy. HOWEVER, once in the interview I was keyed up and it was a non issue. If it didn't have the sleepy side effect and addictive nature, that would have been perfect. I had almost zero anxiety for about 4 hours. At this point, relief for that long was better than an oxycodone high. It is mid afternoon and I am home now because I am freakin drained. I think the physical stuff is over again and I have moved into the Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety PAWS stage (will probably be there exclusively by Sat.).

Can any of you guys give me an educated guess based on my average of 30mgs a day for 7-9 months as to how long it will be before I feel normal again? 2019? End of November?
    Hey OTW....In My Humble Opinion.....Feeling pretty Normal might take a few months....give or take?? I'm not sure where your at again.....after your little relapse???..Like How Many Clean Days?? Feeling "Normal" is a term that I'm not sure fits here.....I would say....you should feel pretty good after a month to 5 ...6 weeks of being Totally Clean!! For me....I am finishing up day 37....and for the most part....I'm feeling pretty good......still a little more tired than I would think I should be.....as the day gets later...?? But.....other than that.....stomach is good......anxiety is ok....depression is not bad.....But.....I was coming off of Subs.....Not Oxy! But I also think coming off Subs is tougher.....That's just My opinion.....having come off of both....More than once!! Keep fighting the fight......Just remember.....your winning......even if you don't feel like it!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Except for my 3 day relapse, I was clean for over two weeks. Have been clean for 4 days now and today is the first day my anxiety isn't trying to finish me off. I did take another .75 of Xanax because I don't have the luxury of sitting at home today and healing. I can do that tomorrow and Sunday and that's it. Monday I have to perform at 100% (fake it until I make it) level 10. Physically I feel fine except for fatigue. The relapse didn't really cause any physical symptoms except for the first day (stomach, chills etc). It is 90% mental unless something changes from here on out (except fatigue).

With regard to my healing time, I have only found 2 other cases of someone taking as little as I was. Everyone else (with due respect) was taking WAY more. I never had RLS or joint pain or that much diarrhea. I have had a lot of burning in my stomach, however, I do have GERD and have been taking handfuls of supplements and my other meds that don't help that situation. It is possible that the oxy was numbing that pain and now it is back. That is my theory.

Anyway, I have to believe that I will be ok by the end of November.. I wasn't even really taking a moderate prescription dose and find it hard to believe it will be like this even much past the new year if that. I just hope my optimism backed up by logic plays out. Because, I am tired of this feeling.
    davepeerson likes this.

Had the strangest thing happen around 11 am. My appetite has been getting better. I have lost 20lbs since I started this on October 4th. I went to see my therapist (she knows nothing, I don't want this on my medical records at all). We had a good session but when I left, I started sweating and felt like I was having diabetic shock or something. I went to the gas station and stumbled in trying not to pass out. Got a 32 ounce Brisk Raspberry Tea, 2 Skor candy bars and a Kellogs cereal bar and woofed all of it down as fast as I could. 2 hours later I much better, but Jeez that was scary.

Except for my 3 day binge, I am clean a total of 26ish days. 99% of physical stuff is gone. Anxiety is down 50%, but now the DEPRESSION. More than anything, the DEPRESSION is making me want to relapse SO bad. I have been fighting hard today. I am scared about how much the DEPRESSISON can push you to relapse. WAY more than physical withdrawls and even the anxiety. God, I hope that subsides soon. I can see every single day being a fight if I feel like this.

Hang in there. As u know, every day will be different. You thought the anxiety would stay but it hasn't it's down 50% which is awesome! I know it's not how u would like it but there is progress and improvement. This will not last forever. Are u busy during the day? I know it's hard keeping busy when ur depressed. Can u at least talk to ur therapist about ur depression? I hope so. U gotta hang in there. Anything u can do like read, walk, anything to take ur mind off things.....hang in there, try talking it out and keep posting. As Dave says, push thru this. It is worth it. Keep up the good work on staying clean. As long as ur clean, things will improve.
    davepeerson likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Except for my 3 day binge, I am clean a total of 26ish days. 99% of physical stuff is gone. Anxiety is down 50%, but now the DEPRESSION. More than anything, the DEPRESSION is making me want to relapse SO bad. I have been fighting hard today. I am scared about how much the DEPRESSISON can push you to relapse. WAY more than physical withdrawls and even the anxiety. God, I hope that subsides soon. I can see every single day being a fight if I feel like this.

OnTheWay, the depression and anxiety are the very worst symptoms for me too! The depression that is caused by opiate withdrawal is absolutely awful and I would never wish that upon anyone! It will get better but it takes time for your brain to produce all those feel good chemicals again? In the meantime you can take the DLPA as I mentioned before, try 3000mg/day? 1000mg 3x/day, take it on an empty stomach at least an hour before a meal. Also, if you can get some exercise in, that will help with endorphin production? Are you following the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal? Those vitamins and supplements in the recipe can help you feel better especially the L-Tyrosine taking with B-6! Stay well hydrated, plenty of water and Gatorade! I hope you feel better soon? God bless us all!

PS
    Everyone heals differently so it's difficult to say when exactly your symptoms will ease up or go away all together? The last time I got off opiates it was a good couple of months before the depression lifted and I started to feel normal again? Just stay strong and hang in there because I promise you that what you are going through right now is only temporary!
    davepeerson likes this.

I came very close to relapse today. Drove around, did what I had to do. I know I will hate myself if I relapse

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

I came very close to relapse today. Drove around, did what I had to do. I know I will hate myself if I relapse
    Hey OTW....Please Don't give in to that "ANIMAL"....Sure ….There will be hard days...Of Course!! But....You Made it!! You won't regret it.....I Promise!! You are getting So Close to having way more Good days than Bad!! Like I said...Push through the bad Ones....Just like you did Today!! And Yes.....You would HATE Yourself if You messed up Now...The worst is Behind You....Keep Up The Good Fight!! I Can Guarantee You WILL NOT Regret It!! It is for Your LIFE!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Don't relapse. I'm struggling really bad myself. Very tough time. Managed to get a few xanax but they are not putting me to sleep as they usually do.
    Yes ur thoughts are there but u can do this. It'll get better. Me too, I hope.

Well, I relapsed and took a total of about 21mg on Thursday. I am glad I did. Reason why? It is true, the more you stop and start, the more horrid withdrawals are. I spent all night Thursday and yesterday throwing up, anxiety and feeling worse than I EVER have since I started. Today, I am pretty much back to where I was before the relapse. It was like a 33 hour hell and then back. Not worth it at all to get high for a few hours. The more you relapse, the more severe withdrawals are. I am not a sadist, but I think I needed to get smacked around some to see it is not worth it.

Not worth it. Stay away from those things n it'll get better. Listen to urself. It's not worth it. Those things are a lie. They just lie and take. Screw that. Don't give in to it. The longer u stay away from them the sooner and better u willfeel. I kno how hard this is. I just don't have any desire to use thank god. I'm not giving in to that lie. The last 7 days I am not going thru again. Ain't happening. But wishing u well. Update us.

Still Here. I had another one day relapse, but did not take enough to make me super ill the next day. I am realizing with every relapse that it hurts worse. Problem is, I hate PAWS. The depression and anxiety are horrible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234