Day 5
    needtodothis is offline New Member

Default Day 5

I am new to posting here but I have been lurking on other people's posts and have found everything very encouraging and useful. I am on day 5 off of 60 MG of oxy a day. I have been using L-Tyrisione (sp?), a multivitamin and Xanax. My husband has been AMAZING but today is the first day that he is not here to help with the kids (10,8 and 1 1/2) . I didn't realize how much I depended on him being here until today when he is 2 hours away working 8 hours. I was going to not take any Xanax today because I don't want to be dependent on those but I just caved and took one, the anxiety of knowing I had to do all the work really got to me. Between the baby and our 1 year old husky/lab mix it is almost non stop around here. I need to do this for myself, my kids and our bank account. I do NOT want to take any pills anymore except of course a vitamin and my thyroid meds that I need. Going into day 5 I thought it would be better but I actually feel worse than I was yesterday. Maybe it is just knowing that I'm here alone and will be again tomorrow. I live in the Midwest and I have been in the house since Wednesday, I would love to take the baby for a walk around the block but it is only 4 degrees out so that can't happen. I think I'm just rambling now but wanted to post to get it n off my chest!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Welcome!! You have made a great decision on being free and no longer having to be a slave to the pills. There are few of us moms around here and know how hard it can be. You will be coming out of the worst and physically start feeling better soon. I can't tell you how so many of us post about our hubbies being our rock...and we all get stressed when they have to leave. You will get thru this. The energy will take a little while to come back and exercise will help even if you are just doing jumping jacks inside. Stay strong!!!

How long have you been using? This weather is starting to get to many of us. We will be in spring very very soon. I think we are 24 days away!! Stay close to this board and post as it helps to be able to get it all out...the good and the bad.

needtodothis is offline New Member

I started using in August, just 1-2 Norcos a day then it became more often and I would get the oxy to hold over until I could get RX filled. I have been on just oxy since November. I did tell my work about this so I need to go to a program and complete that until going back to work so I will be going in for the evaluation on Monday or Tuesday. I k sometimes think it was a mistake to tell them because now my paycheck will be gone for however long the Dr thinks I need but I work in hospice and didn't think I should be taking care of patients while going through this and today proves it's true!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

I can understand the hospice as you would be around them all the time. It sounds as if you have only been on them a very short time and that will be good. You will bounce back shortly and will be back to your old self in no time. The paycheck thing is a downer for sure. Maybe the program will be good and can offer help. Have a good night and sweet dreams.