Dental work and taking suboxone Need help
    Cjs247 is offline New Member

Default Dental work and taking suboxone Need help

I am currently taking 2 8 mg sub lingual suboxone every day 1 at night and 1 in the morning .I'm trying to get some dental work complete so I can get a partial but I'm kind of scared not knowing what will happen can someone enlighten me on this. Are you allowed to take pain medication meaning tremadock all I'll be proven or do you have to stop taking suboxone a couple of days prior to it.?

Cjs247 is offline New Member

Tramadol and ibuprofen.... sorry I misspelled it.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cjs247 View Post
    I am currently taking 2 8 mg sub lingual suboxone every day 1 at night and 1 in the morning .I'm trying to get some dental work complete so I can get a partial but I'm kind of scared not knowing what will happen can someone enlighten me on this. Are you allowed to take pain medication meaning tremadock all I'll be proven or do you have to stop taking suboxone a couple of days prior to it.?
    Hey CJS.....I don't think being on Subs will impact your Dental work....But....I can't say that with complete certainty??..Maybe someone else will have a 100% Yes or No answer! I Do want to say this though..... NOBODY needs 16 mg of suboxone a Day!!! I don't know what your taking them for?? All I DO know is.....That;s TOO much!! Good luck to You!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cjs247 View Post

Cjs, as dave has already mentioned, no one needs 16mg of Suboxone a day, that's way too much! In fact, Suboxone has a ceiling effect around 8mg meaning that anything over 8mg does absolutely nothing, it's a waste! You should consider using the Suboxone therapy/taper plan that is used here on these forums, we can discuss more of that with you when you are ready?

As for your question, tramadol will most likely not work while you are on Suboxone! The Suboxone (buprenorphine) that you are taking will block the effects of the trams! Tramadol works on the same opiate receptors as the Suboxone! You would need several days of not taking the Suboxone in order for the tramadol to work. In addition, you have a quite a build up of sub currently in your system so it could take more than just a couple of days off the sub before the tramadol would have any effect?

In my personal opinion, tramadol is not very good for pain relief anyway!

Let us know your thoughts and concerns going forward? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!