Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
Dogluver - can you share your success?
    Nanuq is offline Junior Member

Default Dogluver - can you share your success?

Hi, I have been reading this forum again after a year or so "sabatical" from this forum trying to apply Robert's taper schedule and guidelines on my own. I was at a place a year ago where I felt the reading was just becoming more a hinderance and felt (for me) I needed to stay active to be successful at getting off sub so although I would peek from time to time, eventually stopped reading here altogether. Anyway, my current situation is I am struggling with tapering Suboxone films below 1mg and was hoping to reach out to DogLuver on this forum because I recognize her name as being one that was struggling on this very forum when I was first here. To read she is finally off, I am mixed with joy and sadness because I am still struggling after all this time.

Anyway, I started reading on this forum again to refresh my memory of the taper schedule that worked so well for me in the beginning (25% every 4th day, etc.) and was hoping to be inspired by new success stories (a year ago there was very little success stories on this forum that I could find). Seems there is more people posting these days of successfully tapering so I have been more aggressive to find a plan.

I got caught up in the "Karen" or "SD" drama thread and kept reading mostly because I was enjoying Cheeky's responses as I felt she is the kind of wisdom and no nonsense truth I need to get myself to drop again. She always says "never go up" and that is what I have consistently done each time I have tried to go lower.

As I was reading, I noticed Dogluver posting and as I read her first post it became clear she is the same one that posted to my thread a year or so ago and my secret "taper buddy" even though I just followed her thread, not so much we were working together. We were both around the same level and struggling. Anyway, now it is over a year or so later, I am at 1mg...still. I had recently cut the films and got myself down to what I think was about 6mg but then did the one rule I should not have and went back up. I am so discusted with myself as now I can't get the momentum to go through what I did again. I have been on sub now for about 2 years, maybe 2.5 by now. I do want off.

Personally, despite the fact I am very grateful for Sub (I would do it again to get off of Tramadol) and feel it was a true right decision, I feel I am not myself to continue indefinitely on it. I have periodic swollen ankles, agitation beyond what I believe is normal (snap at my daughter, feel inpatient, annoyed alot), I want to sleep all the time too (whenever I can). When I do cut back more on the 1mg, I find I get very listless and all the positive things I do in my life like exercise becomes increasingly harder to do. Then I get depressed when I dont exercise and feel worse all over again, then end up going back to the 1mg to get myself productive again. Its a rollercoaster for sure.

I am sorry for the way I am reaching out but dont understand this forum on how the heck to email someone aside from posting threads?

Of course, any help from Cheeky or others is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

To summarize my reason for the post above is to reach out to DogLuver to find out how she managed to get off of Sub below 2mg. I remember her story was every time she tried to go below 2mg it became very difficult for her. That is my story below 1mg. I am just hugely curious how she did it finally? I feel there is a certain connection to the folk's that we feel are in the same boat and although DogLuver may not remember me at all (we only interacted I think a couple times) I did follow her to some extent and used her taper as motivation to keep mine up.

My primary schedule for me is .5 in morning and .5 after lunch. I take 1mg a day (twice a day). I have read that taking it twice a day helps especially when you get lower and my original plan was to "micro-taper" using the liquid method where you can have more exact doses all the way down . That way take your time. The liquid allows you to split your tiny doses too. But now I am thinking maybe just jumping would be my best bet since tapering only goes so far with me then I get frustrated.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Nanuq: It's great that you are posting. The fact is that the longer you are on subs, the harder it's going to be to get off. I see that dogluver's last post was in January, she may see your post here

Are you on the pills or the films? Do not jump from 1mg. of sub. Someone here may be able to help you with your taper much better than I can.

Peace,

Iloerose

Hey, Nanuk you still out there? Even if dogluver isn't here, we can help you. Cheeky's around somewhere. I will post to some people that can help you.

Hi Iloerose, I am so grateful to you reaching out to help me. Thank you. You are another one I have valued reading your responses and feel extremely grateful you have responded (to me) and so quickly. I would love to hear from you or Cheeky or anyone you put in touch to reach out to me. I would very much love a plan and would be forever grateful for support.

I tend to be online more times during week since I am online for work (weekends I may not be online as much). If someone does want to help me and prefers me to check online at a certain time of day to communicate more efficiently, just let me know what time of day you are usually on here and I most definitely will plan around that (I am USA East coast time zone). As stated before I tend to get bogged down reading too much so I may not be online as much as others but please dont take that as me not taking this seriously. I really would appreciate support and advice.

At any rate, thank you Iloerose for reaching out and I hope to hear more from you or anyone with advice to help me with what to do next .
    dago77 likes this.

Ilberose, I forgot to answer your question, I am currently on the Suboxone "films". I have 2mg films I cut 4 ways to get my .5 strips. I take 1- .5 in morning (usually around 4am) then my second .5 after lunch.

I recently moved over to film after almost 2 years on the 2mg Subutex pills. I became so aggrevated with the pills. There is only one generic subutex pill that our pharmacy distributes and it was extremely difficult to cut evenly without exploding into dust. I know Robert is a believer in crushing the pill when time to micro dose (below 1mg) however the pill I had literally was such a fine dust it was not existent. It literally evaporated before I could get it under my tongue. So I moved over to Suboxone films. Still struggling getting those cut evenly - its laughable what I have attempted to do over the last few months to come up with a plan of even dosing..

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

hey there. glad you still around and want to get off...

first off, can you lemme know why you are dosing at 4am.? its pretty darn early mate....

and after you get to 1mg and below, its a LOT EASIER, to dose once a day and get it over with. i only ever dosed once a day thru my whole taper and i beleive it is much better. *(just my opinion, but it worked for me)

perhaps if you could make the switch to once a day dosing, around mid morning, this might be something that can help you breakthru this barrier you are at...

see when you are on .5 twice a day, its damn hard to split that dose even any more. lemme know how ya feel about that anyways. ok?

i didnt use the crush method either, i had 2mg pills, and i would cut them, break them with my nail, all sorts of ways to just get the tiny bits, i would have a wee bottle full of tiny bits, and i would use the largest to smallest, so it wasnt exactly scientific, but going from larger to smaller was logical anyway, and like i say, it worked for me...

so if it was me, i would try and get my dose to once a day, for the first step... that way when you are stable on that. we can easily take a chunk off. and for you instead of trying 25% which would make your next dose .75 we could make it .80 just a little less of a reduction seeing as you are having trouble...

how do ya feel about that. im in nz as you probably know, so im on a lot in the middle of the night for you guys, its 12.36pm right now as im writing this, on monday. so you can see im bout 16 hours ahead of most in the states... anyway i will check your thread next time i check in.

you can do this tho... slow and steady WILL win the race, eventually, so dont worry.

oltom is offline Junior Member

subs are half measures. if you want to quit opiates try the thomas recipe. everyone wants the easy way out. you wanna hear sucsess. monday i ate my last 12-10 mg oxys (I broke my back in car wreck 15 years ago and have relapsed a few times) anyway tuesday morning i'm out of oxys,ok great. i have a script of 30 5 mg valum from dr who prescribes me 200 oxy 10 every 25 days 8 a day.Tuesday my first day isnt the worst so i took 4 v's. Woke up at 3am rls insomnia you know the routine.Look out the window to find 5 inches of snow on ground,last ????in thing I needed. I own a plow business. Turned on coffee pot took 5 v's and out the door i went,plowed 78 driveways in 5 hours came home to mans best friend,Chase my little loving Rat Terrier,colapsed on the floor and cryed like a baby for 20 minutes. Got up took 5 more v's and the hotest bath I could stand,and crashed on the couch for 6 hours. Now mind you I'm sicker than a Mfer.cramps stomach,I took another hot bath as soon as I woke up and 3 more v's that was wed. Woke up thursday at 330 am can't sleep rls the whole bit. Took 5 v's with coffee and a hot bath,I was getting better,praise the lord. I must mention I had banannas in the house and eat as many as you can the potassium really helps with the leg cramps,RLS. I felt good enough to go to health food store for the rest of the recipe. I took b6 and mega muti minerals zinc copper phosphate and a few others,as soon as I walked out of the store. came home ate chicken soup and 3 more v's. Ok its friday i got about 6 hours of sleep and felt halfway desent. had 1 valum left so I took it.and my vitamins and minerals, the rest of the day was not bad. I slept pretty good. woke up yesterday morning and the wds were gone. Thats when I started taking the L tyrosine. Slept from 830 last night to 330 this morning.(i'm on a funny sleep schedule from plowing) Well here I am typing this feeling really well, and this is day 6. Its hard but if you want something bad enough you have to work hard to get it. Whats the point in subs? I don't get it? Sometimes you just have to man or woman up and pay the price. I have detoxed cold turkey in the past and thats a living hell. I'm extremely grateful for Thomas,his recipe worked for me. To everyone out there you can do it it hurts but you can do it.By the way I'm 53 in the beginning stages of serocous of the liver,and I haven't had a drink in 24 years

Not trying to come off like a jerk but sometimes people really need to hear the reality of our disease.

God Bless and good luck to all.

Oltom, your story is truly inspiring and you are amazing, but this is a long term sub habit. 1mg of sub and 2.5 years of sub use is a lot. That 1 mg. of sub having been taken as long as it has, is he?? to jump from with the Thomas Recipe.

Although, nanuq, you may need to listen to some of that advice as far as vitamins, etc. No benzo though on subs. Listen to what cheeky tells you, nanuq. She'll walk you through this thing.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Kikker likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Welcome..........My opinion.......if you can get to .05mg.........even if it's twice a day.......do that for awhile.......maybe a week......then make sure you don't have any huge things you need to get done for about a week to 10 days.....and jump off that junk!!! I jumped at approx. 1mg a day......and am on day 12 in a few hours!!! You gotta try as best you can to still excersise though!!! I have made the gym about 5-6 days out if my first 11 days clean!!! You can do this......but won't be without some pain!!! I'd be happy to share more with yoy... But I gotta try and get some sleeep myself????? Keep posting....take a look at my thread if you feel like it.......Stay Strong!!!!
    Nanuq likes this.

oltom is offline Junior Member

I apologize if I spoke with ignorance about suboxon. As mentioned in my post I have always just gone cold turkey,until this last week. I'm amazed at how well the Thomas recipe worked for me. I started on the L-Tyrosine yesterday and immediately(well in 3 hours felt much much better. I'm starting on the treadmill this morning and i played with some dumbells yesterday also. My motivation to post here is to try to help others learn what worked for me. All I'm sayin is from what I read about subs is they are worse than oxys. I know a young girl thats my neighbors daughter,thats on subs has been for almost 2 years,She's worse now than before. Hell I was scared ????less when I desided enough was enough.I thought about subs my Dr would give me them in a minute,but after reading about subs on here,I think the cure is worse than the illness.Just my opinion. Also can you educate me on why you can't take valum after subs?

Thanks and stay clean with whatever works for you.
    iloerose likes this.

Hi Cheeky, wow, THANK YOU THANK YOU for reaching out to me. First, I might want to clarify as I know my screen name is confusing, I am a woman (approx 50yrs (ugh), work full time, have a 17yr daughter, own my home and have a 90lb white Lab and 2 cats). The reason I say that is to help you get to know me. "Nanuq" is just my screen name - it is actually the name of my dog...lol. I know it is weird but when I signed up I couldnt remember my last screen name from a year ago and that was all I could come up with at the time.

I started the 4:00am dosing when I was waking up around 3:00am (ish) and couldnt get back to sleep. It was actually a slip up when I did it the first time (as I was initially taking my morning dose at 6:30am when I got up). However it helped me fall back to sleep and seemed to make a huge difference for me waking up without the harsh feeling I was run over by a truck. I still have hard mornings..mornings are always tough for me (never feel good) but it took the edge off to be able to calm down those last couple hours. That is how I got on that schedule and just kept up with it.

Cheeky, I was on 1x a day a looonnng time ago when I first started Tramadol. I agree with you (again). Its funny, I think the reason I am drawn to your posts even though you are a success and I am still struggling is I can relate to how you think. I always thought moving to the 2x a day, however easier it made me to balance the drug in my system, (that it does), I knew deep down it was only going to make it harder to quit. I agree that when the cold sweats start to come when you are detoxing off of a drop having that dose done with just allows you to focus on other things and work it through when you are the busiest which usually is day. I just have become so used to that second dose..I look forward to it now. But I will do what you ask, I want this I really do. I just know that is one huge hurdle for me - atleast initially. Funny, I just saw my doctor this past Saturday for my every 2month visit and she also recommended I go to 1x a day. She actually said just drop that second dose and go on the .5 only. Not ready to do that yet...but after reading Dave's post..he inspires me so...it is tempting!

I do feel that just getting the dose over with will help my mind lose that "routine" of taking something later. I actually believe I am addicted in different levels. Emotionally as well. Just like if you eat at a certain time a day, you start to anticipate hunger around that time. One fear I have and only telling you this so you understand where my head is, another reason I split my dose is I have actually had times in past when I went off my routine and for whatever reason "went up" ..usually when I have been trying to reduce..or stressful situations...and so I had more in my system. I still took my exact same dose the next morning to get back on schedule (for me, skipping days is too drastic and I was /have not been that disciplined) so I just "resumed schedule" the next morning to get back on track (these were usually just one day explosions off my regular dose track and I only have done this random times in past). But, technically that morning dose after was "more" sub in my system than normal and figured I would be so much more "affected" that next morning atleast until I level out again. However, I felt just as bad later that morning as I normally did. If anything, it wasnt until I took the afternoon dose I felt better. It tends to be that way even now on my normal schedule, I feel much better in afternoon dose (mornings tend to just get by even though it is same dose). I have often wondered if my afternoon dose just affects my body differently?

Anyway, to be clear, (Cheeky if you can confirm I am reading you right) you want me then to move my dose to later in morning and take the full 1mg all at once? Level at that for a few days and then work down when you say its ok to start reducing and reduce to .8 instead of .75? I just want to be sure I am hearing you right.

I am ready to do this!!! Thank you again.
    Please confirm. And THANKS AGAIN Ilerose for contacting Cheeky and thank you Dave and Oltom for your posts. I value your support.
    dago77 likes this.

Hi Dave, wow, I feel so blessed to have you post on my thread too. I have been following you on your other threads and its your posts that have encouraged me to consider "jumping" when it makes sense. I see truth to what you are saying...I really do. I fell into the camp of believers in the micro-dosing tapering awhile back and convinced myself with Sub (not normal opiates) but Sub the best way to do is taper.

I couldnt taper on Tramadol to save my life but that drug had me so encased there was no way to jump off of that one since I was taking so much (it affects you as a narcotic but also a anti depressent) and I actually had a grand mall seizure on it. I tried to taper even despite but felt as though I jumped cold turkey with the most mild reductions. When I came onto Sub I felt the difference. I didnt feel "inside out" like I did on the Tramadol when I tapered so convinced myself Sub was so different. I "could" taper.

BUT, since I have had so many repeated issues trying to get below 1mg..I have tried the liquid method, the "hole punch' method (using a hole puncher with the films to get more exact doses), I have tried cutting. folding, curshing, using a razor - ) you name it but still can't get my doses stable. But most, I tend to not be one that can identify when it is ok to take a "sliver" as Robert's taper schedule allows. Once i feel the need to go off schedule I go full blown want to feel better (all or nothing). That is why I feel maybe I am not one of those "taper" people and similar to how I agree with Cheeky..just get the one dose and work through the rest the balance of day..I felt maybe do the same by just stop getting so annoyed trying to micro manage the doses and just eyeball it and be done with it.

I think for now (since I tend to be in somewhat of a negative place still since it was only recently I got down to .6 and then went up..Im still trying to get my head balanced from that). I am leveled again at 1mg but still kind of spooked from that expereince. I will give it a go with Cheeky's recommendation atleast to see if I can get to 1x a day and work my way down to .5.

Then I will examine where/how to go from there.

I would prefer (just for my own sanity) to micro dose down to .01 (laughable I know considering I cant get below 1mg) but that makes so much sense to me in my head to avoid as much pain. However from my experiences I can see that if I have a hard time at .6 may be worth it just to jump and get it all over with. I have felt in past that just taking that next dose (despite how small) just prolings my withdrawal to have to go through it again all over. So I hear you in what you are saying and will definitely read through your thread in hopes to gain more of your infectious positive and hopeful attitude. You and Cheeky gave me so much hope to say "I can do this". I have been reading everyone elses success stories..it would be great to be one myself.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

wanted to just post this link to help you:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Also, wanted you to know we are all rooting you on.. All my best, Reid

HI Oltom, Thank you for writing and I am humbled and grateful that you are trying to help me. I know of the Thomas Recipee well from my Tramadol days. Before I discovered Subutex that was the main tool recommended by most Tramadol users to help taper and/or jump off of that drug.

I respect your experience and I agree with Ilersoe (sorry if I am spelling her name wrong) that you are doing great and am so happy to see that has worked for you. I have never been a huge believer in vitamins. I have convinced myself despite how good a particular vitamin/mineral is that once it gets to a pill or mass marketed the nutritional value is less than nill . That is ONLY my belief and many of my friends take vitamins and swear by them, they just havent done much for me in my experience (and believe me. as a teenager and being the impulsive/compulsive personality I have experienced the vitamin craze for myself personally. At around 17, I went on a vitamin binge in an attempt to be the perfect "woman" inside and out). I learned early enough, it didnt change me much (atleast what I expected..lol) , made me feel bloated and lethargic and so gave up on that obsession. I have tried different new(er) remedies over the years..here and there..but came to similar conclusion. But thank you anyway. I just believe I am sensitive to alot of what is in those pill vitamins for whatever reason and feel better without them. I do tend to eat as healthy as I can but surely can do better in that arena.

I hear you on the sub debate however I am actually ON Subs already and have been for some time. From my experience I do not regret Subs at all. They were my Godsend to get off of Tramadol. I do not believe I could have ever tapered or jumped from that drug. Sub has done tremendous good for me in helping me rebuild my brain to some extent. It is hard to explain for those not experiencing sub but I can tell the difference when I exercise for example, that there is a part of my brain "more of me" and not drug induced. From what I understand it is because Sub is not a full antagonist so it doesnt absorb me compeletly (inside and out) it only prevents me from falling - hard to explain. My workouts are more me then when I was on Tramadol. I can feel a part of me getting healthier if you will.

Yes, you do have to get Sub as they are an opiate too, but its just getting the right plan that works for you. It is NOT the same as tapering off of a full agonist at all. To me, people can be full of horror stories on just about anything. I have found in my experience it is mostly due to lack of knowledge. Personally, I have a friend who believes her receptors are fried and that she needs to take sub for life. She told me a story of her taper schedule she tried (once) that was given to her at a Rehab clinic she was at.. She is convinced she did everything right since it was dictated and monitored by a Rehab. Basically she jumped at 2mg on "their" plan?? That is crazy? Scared her so much what she went through she has convinced herself she cannot deal without Sub and that she believes some whack that told her it was because her receptors are completely destroyed?? I am living proof you dont have to be on such a high dose..Robert's plan got me down to 2mg within a few weeks and I was told by my initial doc to be on 16mg a day when he first gave me the pills. I had done my homework. You just need to find out as much information as you can. It is not scary to me anymore. Just right now I am stuck for myself getting a good plan for me.

Thank you so much for writing and I hope you continue to keep me posted on your success. Just reading your concern helps so much and I will keep you in my prayers for yourself as well. I have many good friends that work hard like you do and can relate to how you described your day.

One of the reasons I want off is to help her see through me you CAN do this and her receptors are not fried. It scared her so much what she went through she has told herself this lie to make her feel better to hold on to her crutch.

I always knew I would have to deal with Sub withdrawals so that doesnt bother me. It is the good it did for me that makes it still a drug I believe in. All you have to do is read through the success stories, like everything else, you still have to come off the drugs period.and Sub is a drug. But to me it is so much better than cold turkey or tapering from Tramadol.

The fact I am at 1mg and my friend is still on some huge dose like 12mg a day (she has been on for about 10 years) I know it can be done. Never did I think I could survive the way I do on 1mg. Im just stuck that is all. Just need the right plan and encouragement.

Thanks you so much Reid. I will definitely read that link. BTW, you are AMAZING. I have seen your posts to Winged Eagle (who I also value as amazing) and you truly are one of the most insightful people I have been blessed to have the fortune to read on. Thank you for your encouragement. I love how you talk about the loving yourself completely. Anyway, sorry for all the rambling..got carried away on some of these posts. I usually dont type so much..too much coffee.

Anway, thank you again. and would love to hear more of your wisdom for me should you wish to share more.
    caughtagain likes this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

I will be right there are you continue your own journey.. If I can do it, anyone can! Post as much as you want, this is your journal... When I was going through this, I would just sit in my office and type as much as I could... It worked out a lot of the mental cobwebs.... Welcome... All my best, Reid
    Nanuq likes this.

hey there. im glad to hear you want to try the once a day thing.... i will share something else with you.... when i was on .25, and yes you can get there too, i tried to skip days, the anxiety was incredible, so i would just try to go longer and longer before taking my dose. well i couldnt get to do a proper skip day. just couldnt.... so i sat and sat at .25 mg, (or thereabouts)

in the end a really good friend was speaking to her dr friend, who is a shrink and addiction specialist and she said ''she just needs to do it.. she is just prolonging the pain'''' and i was like omg, really i am just doing that...

so when my head was good and ready, i jumped off .25mg, no skips, just jumped.... i made it bout 3 days and dosed one more time, i was up at night thinkin ''what do they know, they arent here with me right now feeling this pain, im gonna do it''' and i did...

well that right there was my last dose of subs EVER. and im so glad i got that piece of advice. im not saying it was easy, but compared to regular withdrawls it was fine... it really was... much less intense and i was able to handle it...

you can too mate....

so first goal, is to dose ONCE A DAY.... and then we can slowly go from there. i truly beleive thats the way to go for you, and remember i dosed once a day thru my whole taper, so its not hogwash or anything. i KNOW it works and it holds you ALL DAY... in fact when i first went on subs i was told some people dose every second day due to the long half life... i could never understand roberts protocol of twice a day, seeing as the stuff lasts longer than methadone and ive been on that numerous times as well...

you can do this mate. oh and also, if it were me, i would dose FAR LATER THAN 4am.... is it coz thats the start of your work day ? coz if so, take your dose with you if you can, and have it as late in the day as you can. i took mine around morning tea time,,, bout 10-11am.... then, when i was having trouble sleeping, i switched my dose time to evening, that way i got to sleep, and when i was at work and busy, i didnt have as much time to obsess about how i may or may not be feeling...

remember a whole lot of this is also in our heads. it really is... fear holds us back. it did for me anyway..

Thanks so much Cheeky. Received!!! I will start tomorrow. I will take the full 1mg as late in morning as I can. BTW, see above on my initial response how I started the 4:00am. I do not work that early (Thank God) but I started taking the 4:00am when I messed up one night ..was experiencing some withdrawal at night, couldnt sleep, I needed to get up early the next day (maybe I was just overly anxious that night too) so took my dose early (I started out taking it when I woke up around 6:30am). Dosing at 4:00am ended up helping my mornings go smoother for me. It allowed me to get those remaining 2 hours sleep (the ones we all pine for as we toss/turn all night then finally fall asleep that last hour before its time to get up). It made such a difference to waking up not feeling like such a train wreck I kept that schedule. I still would take my 2nd dose after lunch which was a surprise. I initially thought I would be needing my 2nd dose earlier since I took my morning so early. But kept my after lunch schedule.

I gotta tell you it makes me nervous going to 1x a day since I have had that routine so long but its time. You make so much sense to me. Its just I have incorporated that 2n dose in to my work day..and other. I know, I need to break the routine.

I will post how it goes tomorrow. It may take me a day or two to find a good "consistent" time to take it. I think 10 or 11 would be good for me too however I work out in mornings so may need to take before I workout (that is my first obstacle on timing as I am not sure I will have the motivation to work out without taking the Sub first). My mornings I feel like a train wreck even dosing at 4 (just less a train wreck). I have to get my daughter to school, read (I read morning devotions) then I generally check in at work on computer then I go for my 1hr walk (which is about 3.5 mile hike) with my dog. I NEED my walk For me, it sets the stage for my day and is the ONE good thing I have kept up to help rebuild my receptors since starting Sub . I would love to push that dose out especially since you will need me to push that 1x a day closer to bed time (ugh) then I will have to do my walks and entire mornings on my own..ugh. But we will cross that bridge soon enough.

But for now, this does scare me..I just dont want to feel so bad I blow off my walk as then I will start to unravel.

I will start the 1x a day first thing tomorrow, Tuesday, 2.26. Thanks so much and I will write back soon.

Hey, Nanuq, doesn't your dog walk you? Mine does, LOL. He's getting antsy right now and bored. You will get stable on that one dose. You will get this done. I totally have faith that cheeky and the rest will get you there.

Peace,

Iloerose
    caughtagain and Nanuq like this.

LOL..Iloerose..yes, you are so right. All 90-95lbs of him!!! I have a big, male white lab. He loves his time out. We both do. Thank you so much for all you have done for me. I know you are the one responsible for the folk's responding to my thread. I am very blessed. THANK YOU again so much. And thank you for your belief in me. It helps!!!!

[deleted- formatting causing errors]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Nanuq, A lot of your nervousness is simply due to changing habits. Cheeky has a good plan. What you will have to do is to work it. Take it slowly and follow how your body feels, but give the once a day a chance to work. Then like she pointed out you can decrease a bit slower, with a smaller reduction than normally recommended because you've been on so long. Like Cheeky pointed out: slow and steady wins the race. You may not go totally symptom free, but you can treat and manage those symptoms. What works best is a positive attitude and determination.

Yeah, my dog just walked me. We went star gazing and I let him run a bit. Got a whiff of "black and white kitty" and it was leash all the way! He got sprayed on the side of his face once and that was enough. He kept rolling in the left over snow piles face first. But he got off easy. I have no wish to bathe a 55 pound chow/golden mix at 10:00 at night. .

Rose
    caughtagain, Nanuq and Kikker like this.

That is too funny.."black and white kitty". LOL. Well I have held off and it is 8:02am thus far. I am going to try to do my walk before I take the dose. I have been in/out of feeling ok. I woke up not so good, then felt good, then not so good, then good. In/out. I have alittle clammy sweaty feel right now. I just want to get my walk over with. I am tempted to take it now to enjoy my walk but I agree the later in day if I am going to be at 1x a day I need to get it as late as possible.

Question, I will not do this unless Cheeky said it was ok, but just a question, would it be ok to take .5 right before my walk (which is usually between 8:30/9:00am (ish) and then after lunch - I am moving the morning dose up 5 hours almost just giving me some juice to get out of the house?

I realize the goal is to get comfortable being off, not on so I will not do that unless Cheeky says ok. For now, it will be only 1 dose at the full 1mg unless she reports back differently.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

Hi Nanuq, I don't know if you already went on your walk or not.

Try going on the walk first. Break a sweat and get your endorphins kickin. Excersise helps all that anxiety and feeling down.

You might even be able to stretch it out a few hours longer after you go.

If you can get used to one dose as late as possible...you will be in good shape. You should have enough sub built up in you...1mg should carry you until tomorrow. Excersise if you start feeling bad.

It's hard to get through this with out feeling some symptoms. You can do it, Beleive me. You have to push yourself.

Try to stay positive and remember what this little bit of pain is all about, you're getting off drugs! You're going through this to get your life back. You can do it, I promise.

Ryan
    Buckeye13, cheeky and Nanuq like this.

Wow, Ryan, THANK YOU. I am just reading this so it is after my walk. I did take the dose all at once (1mg) before my walk this morning..ended up being around 8:39(ish) and then walked about 20min later. However, after reading your post, I am going to do my best to walk FIRST tomorrow and extend out as much as possible. I have been following your comments helping Dave. You are so encouraging and I hear ya on the working out. That is my "emotional" save and one true love I have that isnt addictive and isnt considered a vice (lol) - except when I choose (sometimes) to go on hikes on Sunday mornings instead of Church ( guilt)...

Ryan, I totally agree with you dosing AFTER my workout . I'll try again tomorrow. THANK YOU.

Today was alittle emotional with the adjustment of the withdrawals hitting me so strong right when I took my dose..I was mixed with dread, fear and then regret. Then positive. Had a slight crying spell. Then had a decent day. Go figure.

Cheeky, if you are out there, I took my dose 1x today - first day it ended up being 8:39a but tomorrow will try to push out later if possible.

Thanks.
    dago77 likes this.

seriously, ryan is right. try walking first.... gettin those endorphins goin....

but gettin you dosing once a day is the aim mate. and remember a lot of this is fear....

you can do it... and at 1mg a day, it WILL hold you all day. it really will...

give it a go

oh and p.s... when you were takin it at 4am, did you set your alarm..?? coz that in itself is not good....

work thru it, and you can do this.... you DONT need juice to get out of the house. that is going to be a great start, to get on with your day WITHOUT the need for a helper....

you can do this mate, WE KNOW YOU CAN... now you need to beleive you can as well
    dago77 and Buckeye13 like this.

Wow....something is up with my posts.....getting deleted off your thread now too!! So, I will just say...I will be here for you...on somebody's thread.....I hope???? Maybe I did something wrong???? Anyway's ..pray'in for you Nanuq....Stay Strong!!!

Default Talk to me....whoever is deleting my posts??????

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    What is causing these errors??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast