Okay so I want to start off by saying that I had no idea that you aren't supposed to take more than one emergency contraceptive in a six month/year period when I took it.

The first time I took it was between June 9-15. My partner and I had protected sex but I was paranoid because I was also ovulating, so the next day I took a generic Plan B (called Take Action). The second time I took it was the same day that I got my period - June 28 - and this time it was because of unprotected sex.

Now it's August 1 and I'm 3 days late. I've had my normal PMS symptoms for about a week and a half now (bloating, super hungry, the usual cravings, some nausea, cramping, irritability, fatigue..) and other than spotting on July 24, I've not had any blood. I took a pregnancy test (Equate version of First Response) either the day before or the day after my period was supposed to start, but I'm pretty sure it was a dud as there was a strong vertical line in the control window and a faint horizontal line in the test window (a vertical line should show in the test window if it detects a pregnancy). I took another test today (Clearblue) and I got a strong negative.

My cycles have always been every 29, sometimes 31 days. The cycle when I took it the first time ended up being ~28 days with a period that lasted 8 days instead of 5. Right now, I'm on day 35.

I don't know what to do. What would I even tell a doctor? I've never been before and I was going to go after my period for an exam as well as to get on actual birth control.

Part of me feels like something is wrong, and part of me feels like I'm just having another irregular cycle.