Not sure I was in the right place earlier so I'm reposting.

Fentanyl patch weaned over a month from 25 mcg every 2 days to 1/4 patch=6.25 mcg every 2 days then stopped with MD's guidance. WOW! This is my first experience with withdrawals and it's NOT fun! I'm 48 hours in and honestly expected it to not be bad because I weaned to such a low dose. Every time I think I'm through the worst of it, a new symptom strikes. And what's up with the continuous sneezing? I thought I was getting a cold on top of it until I read that's yet another w/d symptom! Weird! I'm not worried about the sneezing though. It's the shakes, chills, sweats, nausea, stuff crawling on my skin, not sleeping, unable to be still, raw feeling at the base of my brain, and pain that's the problem. I'm supposed to wait 4 days and start Belbuca (buprenorphine oral patch). Here's my questions:

1. I think the w/d must be so bad from my weird metabolism and maybe I'm not clearing the Fentanyl very quickly, but I was on such a low dose surely there can't be that much actually left in my system. How long do most people have w/d?

2. Why do I have to wait 4 days before starting Belbuca? If they are both opioids, it would seem that when enough of the Fentanyl had cleared to not cause OD that starting Belbuca would alleviate w/d. What am I missing? Why can't I start it after 72 hours?

Thanks for your thoughts.