Has anyone cured their anxiety with CBT?
    aaron182 is offline New Member

Default Has anyone cured their anxiety with CBT?

I've had severe anxiety for the past 6 years so the point where I am housebound. I'm 20 and its the hardest thing to watch all your friends go on with their lives. I've tried various medications and several different therapies. I'm currently seeing a CBT therapist at the moment but just feel like I'm getting nowhere. Does it work? Am I giving up too easily?

Every night I lay there in bed wanting to die because it just feels like I'm trapped and being suffocated. Like I'm a puppet being tortured for someone's enjoyment.

Any advice or positive stories would be really helpful right now.

Leah987 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaron182 View Post
    I've had severe anxiety for the past 6 years so the point where I am housebound. I'm 20 and its the hardest thing to watch all your friends go on with their lives. I've tried various medications and several different therapies. I'm currently seeing a CBT therapist at the moment but just feel like I'm getting nowhere. Does it work? Am I giving up too easily?

Every night I lay there in bed wanting to die because it just feels like I'm trapped and being suffocated. Like I'm a puppet being tortured for someone's enjoyment.

Any advice or positive stories would be really helpful right now.
    Hi, Aaron, welcome to the forum... I know that trapped, suffocating feeling very well....my anxiety is pretty well controlled by my lexapro. Are you on depression meds?

aaron182 is offline New Member

I'm slowly coming off Citalopram as it's giving me withdrawal symptoms. Hoping to try 5HTP when I get off.

Leah987 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaron182 View Post
    I'm slowly coming off Citalopram as it's giving me withdrawal symptoms. Hoping to try 5HTP when I get off.
    Aaron, I'm not familiar with CBT or 5HTP either....but hang in there, I'm sure someone who is much smarter than I am will come along and help. Keep checking back!