Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By desperatelyhangingon
help..

Default help..

Ive made it the longest ive ever made it clean. Im on day 5 days cold turkey off codiene. i was taking about 8-14 a day..

its been rough but im doing my best.

my issue today is that the reason this cycle began was for chronic pain issues. now my condition is acting up im feeling horrible and would normally need a toradol injection and percocets at this time.. what do i do? ive passed out and had my bodygo into shock before..

lost..
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by desperatelyhangingon View Post
    Ive made it the longest ive ever made it clean. Im on day 5 days cold turkey off codiene. i was taking about 8-14 a day..

its been rough but im doing my best.

my issue today is that the reason this cycle began was for chronic pain issues. now my condition is acting up im feeling horrible and would normally need a toradol injection and percocets at this time.. what do i do? ive passed out and had my bodygo into shock before..

lost..
    Hello!

You started a different thread than this, didn't you? I only ask because while I recognize your user name, I don't recall why you were taking codeine in the first place. Sorry. This is one of the reasons we ask that folks stick to one thread so that we can easily scroll down and remind ourselves of a bit of your history.

OK. I will try to address this particular post. There are many of us who started out taking pain pills for legitimate medical issues and it got out of hand and became a full time job. I'm certainly one of those. One of my first posts after I had successfully completed my cold turkey detox was to ask what I was going to do now for the pain I had been experiencing all along. The answer I got, and I'm about to give to you is that with some clean time under your belt, you will very likely be able to get relief with over the counter nsaids or other prescribed non-narcotic pain medication. I know. I didn't believe that either but it's true. A part of this (and I didn't want to admit it!) is that our brains are still screaming for our opiate whether we want it to or not. This is a period of mourning for what was such a big part of our lives and we are facing saying goodbye forever. Trying to imagine that we can't take these pills anymore is a lot to come to terms with but you will if you give it a chance and if you're really committed to it. It's no fun dealing with daily pain but if you can find a way to struggle through this and put just a little more time behind you, I hope that you like so many of the rest of us do find a way to deal with your issues without narcotics.

Stay strong. Time. OH how I hated to hear that! It's the truth though. Best wishes!

Peace,

Cat

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hello!

You started a different thread than this, didn't you? I only ask because while I recognize your user name, I don't recall why you were taking codeine in the first place. Sorry. This is one of the reasons we ask that folks stick to one thread so that we can easily scroll down and remind ourselves of a bit of your history.

OK. I will try to address this particular post. There are many of us who started out taking pain pills for legitimate medical issues and it got out of hand and became a full time job. I'm certainly one of those. One of my first posts after I had successfully completed my cold turkey detox was to ask what I was going to do now for the pain I had been experiencing all along. The answer I got, and I'm about to give to you is that with some clean time under your belt, you will very likely be able to get relief with over the counter nsaids or other prescribed non-narcotic pain medication. I know. I didn't believe that either but it's true. A part of this (and I didn't want to admit it!) is that our brains are still screaming for our opiate whether we want it to or not. This is a period of mourning for what was such a big part of our lives and we are facing saying goodbye forever. Trying to imagine that we can't take these pills anymore is a lot to come to terms with but you will if you give it a chance and if you're really committed to it. It's no fun dealing with daily pain but if you can find a way to struggle through this and put just a little more time behind you, I hope that you like so many of the rest of us do find a way to deal with your issues without narcotics.

Stay strong. Time. OH how I hated to hear that! It's the truth though. Best wishes!

Peace,

Cat
    desperatelyhangingon - like Cat said, it's best to stick to one thread because of the confusion it can cause by not having all your information in one place!

Here's a link to your original thread - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...elp-73436.html