Help! Converting Clonazepam 1mg to 100 ml of water
    annebubbles is offline New Member

Default Help! Converting Clonazepam 1mg to 100 ml of water

I've never tried to to titrate medication. Hope someone out there can Help. I'm trying to wean off Clonazepam (Klonopin). I am currently taking .5 morn, noon and night (Total 1.5 mg daily). I want to know how to convert 1mg

froggy_069 is offline Member

Hi Anne,

I see this is your second thread about trying to taper down your klonopin. It would be best for you to stick to tour original thread. By keeping everything to one thread we will have your background and current information in one place. This makes it much easier for other members to keep up with you.

As we've discussed previously, tapering your klonopin or any benzo for that matter is a very slow process if done correctly. There is no secret or immediate solution for this. I may have mentioned this before but you can try using a razor blade and cut a very small portion off one of your pills daily. The piece can be small enough that you may not even notice the difference. Do this for as long as it takes to feel stable at that dose and once you are comfortable with it, start cutting off a little bit bigger of a piece and just keep repeating this process until you are off the kpins entirely. Remember, there is no hurry here and trying to rush the process will do you no good. The key here is to go very slow with very small drops in your dosage.

What have you tried so far? Have you gone to your doctor and explained your situation and the difficulties you are having? If you explain the problem, your Dr may very well have another solution for you. There are probably many ways to approach this and as long as you don't give up, I'm sure your Dr won't either. It may take several attempts to find something that works, but in the end I'm confident you will be successful as long as you remain persistent.

Please let us know what kind of difficulties you are having and what you have tried so far.

Don't give up!