Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Help detox off Suboxone (yes I know, another one)
    DaphneD is offline New Member

Default Help detox off Suboxone (yes I know, another one)

Okay so here it goes... I've read tons of these threads and all of them still leave me dumbfounded. Everyone has their own back story so I don't know what to do. You know their own situation, so that leaves me with my own recovery. Sorry this is my first time I am really nervous. Okay so I've been on Suboxone for three years. Before that I liked pills but wasn't really addicted. Like I didn't lose everything to get them and so on. It's just that I've been in a lot of car accidents which left me with a deteriorating back and if I could afford the pills I would get them and if they were around. Now alcohol was my thing. But since I've been on Suboxone I haven't wanted any and my depression has turned around dramatically. I'm a whole different person. But I can't be on this pill forever and I can't depend on another doctor, going to that place week after week anymore. Which I don't. I haven't been back there. It was like a bunch of high schoolers running the place and the doctor was only there once a month. I have 6 pills left and I'm starting to freak out. I was going to start the Naltrexone pill program thing but the stories I've read are making me almost have a panic attack which are or were very frequent for me before the Suboxone pills. And my body hurts so bad that I can't get out of bed in the morning. It takes me 10 minutes, after I pee myself. I'm in a lot of pain even worse now then before I started these. But if I take my daily dose of 3/4 of a pill (that's what I'm on) I'm okay through out the day. So is there anyone out there that can give me any advice please.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Daphne. Welcome to this amazing place. We can definitely help you get off the subs for good. In the suboxone therapy sub forum there is a taper plan that has helped literally thousands of members get clean. It's the first thread marked "sticky". I'm not tech savvy enough to drop a link on my phone but I'm sure someone will swing by and pick up my slack. Give it a read. You can skip the induction process because you're already taking the subs. This plan will help you get clean with the minimal amount of discomfort.

What strength pills do you have? Are they the 8mg? I know you said your daily dose is 3/4 of a pill. Subs are crazy strong and there is a big difference in even a 1mg sway either way.

Is there any way you can get more subs to do a proper taper? If you're on 6mg, then I would definately not recommend jumping from that strength. You'll be in for quite a ride, that I can assure you. I know you said you won't go back but if you can get another script it will be beneficial to you.

I know you said you've been reading threads, I did too, every one I could find to help me get a better understanding of what I was up against and those stories gave me a renewed determination and inspired me to never let the subs or any other drug run my life.

Keep posting there are so many great people on here who will inspire and motivate you. I'm sure that more will be by later. Weekends can be a little slow around here sometimes with it picking back up on Sunday night so don't get discouraged.

Congratulations on taking that first step!! I can tell you for a fact that being clean is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. Let us know what you plan to do moving forward.

Have a great day and welcome!!!
    Beef
    DaphneD likes this.

DaphneD is offline New Member

Hey thanks Beef! It took me a minute or two to find this thread. Geez my mind is in a blur today. Yes I'm on 8mg-2mg. But today I've taken a fourth of a pill (.25) and I'm feeling it. I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to take another fourth in a little bit because that's a big drop and I am feeling it. Yes I am trying to get into another doctor for another script. I know I'm going to have to jump hurdles for them to. There's isn't any places around here where I live so I know I'm going to have to travel, but that's okay. I'm just really hoping that I can find one in time. I did read some threads on the breakdown of tapering and I don't understand it. All I really get is 3/4, 1/2, half of a half and so on... And I have the old traditional pill cutter. But thank you for all of your words, caring and trying to help me they really mean a lot. I shouldn't have waited this long, but I get so nervous to think about doing it that I don't think about it until it's too late. Back when I first started taking these meds there wasn't this much information on Suboxone as there is now and if I only knew then what I know now. You know. Thanks again. Looking forward to that link on tapering.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Daphne, welcome to the forums! Here's a link to Robert's Sub Taper plan that Beef mentioned in his post.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Basically it calls for a 25% reduction every 4-7 days until you're stable at .25 mg. Yes point 25. If you have a pill cutter than you could cut the pill in half crush it with a spoon and divide it into 4 equal piles those would be 1mg each. From there you could split those four in half and you have 8 piles of .5 mg each and you can continue splitting the piles in half to get the doses you need. Then you can pick up the dose you need with a piece of paper or a credit card, put them in tin foil and fold it over and label them so you get the proper dose. Seems like a lot but it's not that bad.

I was on subs for 5 long years at 16mg/day. I tapered down to 1mg a day and jumped almost 5 months ago. Torus me you definately want to taper as low as possible with subs. They are crazy strong (30 times stronger than morphine) and have a long half life (24-72 hours) so they stay in your system for a long time after you stop taking them. I didn't really know muchabout the timeline or how strong they are either. Sub doctors see them as a long term solution and they definately should not be. But thats what tthey're taught by big pharma.

I stumbled here and found this site on day 11 of some crushing w/d and it took around a month and a half to get back to normalish. But if you taper down you will be just fine. There are some members in the suboxone sub forum who are almost through with their tapers, I think you posted to wavision's thread earlier. And thefigurehead is already done with his taper and on day 9 of being clean and doing great. So as you can see it is possible. And doable, Dont be afraid, get excited!! Youre taking your life back!!!!

Keep reading it helps so much.

Beef