Help! On Klonopin Want to Get Off???
    annebubbles is offline New Member

Default Help! On Klonopin Want to Get Off???

Reply to. Lvg_nightmare: I'm on Clonazepam name brand Klonopin and have tried weaning off this nasty med and ended up at the hospital with severe panic and depression. They said to start taking it again and I hate it. What can I do. No one to help me. My Dr put me on effexor XR and Buspar but I want to get this nasty Benzo out of my system!!! Tried skipping doses, breaking it down into smaller doses slowly Cold Turkey! Please anyone and everyone who has Stopped taking this awful Drug, Tell me how??? Help if you can. God Bless

froggy_069 is offline Member

Hi Anne, I'm not sure if this will help or not but my ex was on klonopin as well at one time after being on different Benzos for many years. The Dr tried to ween her off but she always had some sort of issues or complications with it. She wanted off so decided to do things her own way. What worked for her was a very low very slow taper. What it boils down to was she made very small drops in her dosage over a very long time. She was on it for so long that there was really no hurry and in the end it worked very well and she's been off the benzos ever since.

I wish I had a better option for you and hopefully someone comes along soon who does.

I wish you the best of luck and, oh yeah, merry Xmas!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Anne! I stopped Klonopin cold turkey, but was hospitalized at the time. It was not pleasant but I survived. I’d not recommend stopping it suddenly without medical help.

It took about a week of panic attacks, palpitations, extreme anxiety, sometimes what felt like near seizures and generally feeling lousy to get through it. I still have panic and anxiety but that first week was a long and, frankly, brutal experience.

The hardest part was knowing I wanted to quit but not wanting to go through the wicked withdrawals. They gave me Lyrica and some other meds in the hospital which helped a bit.

I know what it’s like, God bless you! Please don’t try to quit cold turkey without medical help!

Thank you for responding froggy_069. I have tried weaning off by small doses and also tried to get through quicker by cutting a dose out. That seemed ok at first till the withdrawal symptoms started. Major anxiety panic and depression. I want this drug Klonopin out of my system. It started when the Dr prescribed Celexa to be used for Chronic pain, not sure why an antidepressant would be used, but I trusted my Dr. Then she added Xanax because I started having constant Anxiety and panic attacks. Xanax stopped working so she said I needed a longer acting med and that's when I was prescribed Klonopin. After starting to feel better I asked my Dr if I could stop these meds. She responded why fix something that isn't broken. Now she retired and I've been taking this awful med for at least 10 -15 years. Your ex slowly cut her does by how much of her daily total? If you happen to know how much she was taking? Thanks again for reaching out to offer your help. Have a Safe, Happy ☺ and Blessed Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMojo View Post
    Hi Anne! I stopped Klonopin cold turkey, but was hospitalized at the time. It was not pleasant but I survived. I’d not recommend stopping it suddenly without medical help.

It took about a week of panic attacks, palpitations, extreme anxiety, sometimes what felt like near seizures and generally feeling lousy to get through it. I still have panic and anxiety but that first week was a long and, frankly, brutal experience.

The hardest part was knowing I wanted to quit but not wanting to go through the wicked withdrawals. They gave me Lyrica and some other meds in the hospital which helped a bit.

I know what it’s like, God bless you! Please don’t try to quit cold turkey without medical help!
    Thank you for for offering help MajorMojo. I wish I could survive cold turkey and just get through getting this awful Klonopin out of my system. Been on it for so long I have withdrawal systems without taking it and also seen to have weird side effects even when I do. I looked it up and it's called tolerance syndrome. Thanks again for trying to help. Have a Safe and Blessed Merry Christmas.

froggy_069 is offline Member

Hi Anne. I can't be sure how much she was taking but I do know that she was on them for years. As far as her drops in dosage I do know that she was cutting them with a razor blade so it was nothing drastic like cutting them in half. I think she would remove a small sliver and take what remained. She did that for a month or so and then cut off a little more and just kept going that way. Like I said, it was a very slow process and she only removed very small bits at a time.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Anne, Sorry we have not been around for you. Absolutely do not cold turkey off the benzos. It could be fatal if you do. I'm sure Randy will be by your thread soon to share his advice for you. Hang in there just alittle slow here on weekends and Holidays. Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you..

You can also go to top of page drugs.com type in the effxor read up on the medication. Hope that helps you for now.

Hello Anne, just checking in on you. Update when you get a chance..be well..

Anonymous Guest

Hi Anne! Hope you’re ok. Let us know how you’re doing!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMojo View Post
    Hi Anne! Hope you’re ok. Let us know how you’re doing!
    Hi MajorMojo I'm still looking for help on how to get this nasty Clonazepam out of my body. The Dr should have explained what she was prescribing me and how difficult it would be if I tried to stop. Unbelievable. Warning to others out there. Please be aware and do your research before considering to start taking a benzodiazepine. Still looking for help if anyone has any suggestions. God Bless Happy New Year.