• 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By New_beginnings
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 3 Post By Ricky71
  • 3 Post By Ricky71
Help needed. Need to talk
    pepperslove is offline New Member

Default Help needed. Need to talk

My other threat disappeared. Been using pain meds for 4 or 5 years. Now I've been taking oxy ir 15/20 and hysingla 60/80. Oxy 6x or more a day hysingla 1x. Most of the time more than recommended. Lost my doc cuz I was dumb enough to see another pain management doc. I haven't taken the oxy in a maybe 2 weeks and last night my last half hysingla. When I ran out of oxy I had withdrawal symptoms, not very bad but still. Right now I'm starting to cramp in my legs. I have some meloxicam, which I hope will help my restless legs. I take melatonin to help me sleep every day and hope it'll help me sleep thru the night. I might be seeing a new pain management doc next week maybe Monday; but I have to get my last doc appt paperwork from 3 different docs. I hope the last 2 will be sufficient, since one of the doc was major drama. Idk if I want to get back on the meds, all depends on how I'm doing with the withdrawal. Please help me thru this. I ordered some kratom, which I hope will help. I'll only use it if needed.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-12-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Anonymous Guest

Hi, Congrats. Two weeks off oxy with little WD. Run as fast as you can and don't look back. I heard Kratom is addictive and not good but I personally don't know the details but know someone that got addicted to that. So I would research it. Good luck coming off the other med. Hope it's as smooth as the oxy.

Thanks for taking the time to write me. What was your journey like? I do not plan on taking kratom daily. Just needed for pain or if I become very bedridden. Then it's only to take care of my pup and do some chores. It's very difficult when my parents are very hateful and think I'm just lazy. Told them I was getting sick but they do not care

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Read this new thread regarding kratom - https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tle-73592.html

Default Shhhhht

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Read this new thread regarding kratom - https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tle-73592.html
    It's my 2nd day. The night was stressful, I little slept 2 hrs total. I do not think I could've .are it without the meloxicam. My legs were killing me. I ran to the bathroom a few times but that was okay. Reading all this stuff about kratom makes me nervous. It's already ordered but it's only a small bag. Idk what I'm I'm for....

I'm having a hard time pulling thru the hours. I can nap a little here and there. Run to the restroom. I'm exhausted. Reading all the stuff on here worries me. Cable/satellite isn't working so sadly do not have this distraction but Netflix. Every other minute I loose hope

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pepperslove View Post
    My other threat disappeared. Been using pain meds for 4 or 5 years. Now I've been taking oxy ir 15/20 and hysingla 60/80. Oxy 6x or more a day hysingla 1x. Most of the time more than recommended. Lost my doc cuz I was dumb enough to see another pain management doc. I haven't taken the oxy in a maybe 2 weeks and last night my last half hysingla. When I ran out of oxy I had withdrawal symptoms, not very bad but still. Right now I'm starting to cramp in my legs. I have some meloxicam, which I hope will help my restless legs. I take melatonin to help me sleep every day and hope it'll help me sleep thru the night. I might be seeing a new pain management doc next week maybe Monday; but I have to get my last doc appt paperwork from 3 different docs. I hope the last 2 will be sufficient, since one of the doc was major drama. Idk if I want to get back on the meds, all depends on how I'm doing with the withdrawal. Please help me thru this. I ordered some kratom, which I hope will help. I'll only use it if needed.
    Pepperslove, Welcome to the forum,and thanks for coming to my thread, you are welcome there anytime! I had read this thread earlier, but I didn't reply because I don't know anything about oxy or hysingla, and didn't think I could help you much. As for my being strong....that's not how I feel. I feel so weak in the face of this whole drug thing. If I am strong, you are strong also. Stay away from doctors you are not supposed to be seeing, and see the ones you are supposed to see. Withdrawals suck,I know. I......know! I would be leary of the kratom....just one more thing to worry about getting hooked on. Come to my thread anytime, I can lend a sympathetic ear, if nothing else!
    .....Ryka-Leah

Time isn't going by whatsoever. I do not work. Cannot to outside since it's 100 in the shade. I can barely make it downstairs let my pup outside, and make it upstairs before I'm too weak. Anyone else felt that way? Dis anything work to make you fall asleep? I can barely make it 20 mins

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey pepperslove, yes we all have felt that way. Everything you are feeling is all part of your journey. Remember we didn't get here in one day it takes time for our bodies and brain to heal... Don't just lay there get up get excersise, start slow, I would walk to the mailbox box felt like a 5k run.. proud of you keep up the good work... Stay Strong for Today...

Are you planning on staying off the opiates for good or are you just looking to get by until you get a new pain management doctor? If you plan on staying clean which I definitely recommend you do then don't touch that kratom when it comes in! If I were you I'd flush the kratom as soon as I got it! You can read through this thread, here's a link -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...ans-73372.html

This thread will give you a time line on what to expect in the next couple of days. There is also some information on a few things that may help you with the withdrawal symptoms, there's also a link to the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal as well. Read through that thread and others to help pass the time? Hang in there, it does and will get better! I wish you the best of luck... God bless us all!
    Catrina likes this.

Yes I went out and ran some errands. I was so proud of myself and just took a bath. I hope I can get some sleep. Thanks everyone for encouraging me!!!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Pepperlove and Welcome,

I have much the same things to say as Ricky and I have a couple of questions too. Kratom is addictive. Don't go there. Really. I know you said that you intended to use it only occasionally when you really needed it. Honey, I'm an addict and so I can say this to you and hope you don't take offense. You have crossed the line into addiction and if you could control the Kratom, you would have been able to control the oxy. I'm not familiar with the other drug you are taking but I'll look it up so that I understand.

May I ask why you began taking pain medication in the first place? Just so I can try and get a handle on what's going on with you. Please be honest because that's really the only way we can help you. No one will judge you, we just want to help. I took my first pain pill for something very legitimate but in no time at all I was taking them for every reason and no reason at all. I became addicted and addict behavior became very natural to me. Ricky asked and so will I. What is your goal? To get through this week and hopefully find a new pain management doctor or are you going to try and get through this and begin the work to stay clean? Oh how I hope that you commit to staying clean. You sound young and it breaks my heart to think that you might stay on this awful cycle. In the blink of an eye decades pass without even realizing it. You can turn your entire life around beginning with today. What are your dreams? A career, family? What? I think I read somewhere that you're alone in this. I was too. I have family but they were disgusted with me after so many years and detoxes and far too many relapses. I was too ashamed to ask for help and I didn't feel like I deserved any anyway. I didn't blame them.

When was the last time you took that other drug you are taking, hy****?? Is that a narcotic too? You are well into Day 2 and your symptoms should be peaking right about now. They shouldn't get any worse but they won't get any better either for the next three or four days. The aches and any restless legs you have now will abruptly stop. You will probably still be making frequent bathroom trips and I'm afraid that sleep is going to take a bit of time to get back to an acceptable level. Probably around three weeks. Even then, you are apt to have good nights and some that are not so good but when you do begin to sleep better, you'll get more and more good nights.

I know you don't want to, but laying in bed is the worst thing you can do. Of course, you'll want to lay down because detoxing does take it's toll on us but as often as possible get up and just walk around. If it's too hot outside, walk around the house, do some light chores, anything to move your body. Are you drinking plenty of water? Be sure to eat even if you don't feel like it. High protein is best. I made protein shakes using almond milk, berries, raw honey, half of a banana and protein powder. Throw it all into a blender with ice cubes. It's yummy and good for you. Easy to get down and it will help to keep your strength up.

I'll check back later to see if you've posted and answered the questions I've asked.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes likes this.

I read a few horror stories. Idk if I want to stay clean or not. Thanks for taking the time to help me out

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

OH. I never did find anything to help me sleep. Sorry. Melatonin, found at most any grocery store, pharmacy, or GNC will help to relax you a little and it does help some to get some sleep. Sleepy Time Tea brewed very strong might help too. You can probably expect no better than short cat naps especially over the next few days. I'm sorry. Just being honest. The best thing to do is to just accept this fact and to not allow it to frustrate you. If you can't fall sleep, get up and do something. Anything. Log on here and read and post. Find a book. ANYTHING. Trying to force yourself to sleep will only make you feel worse.

Peace,

Cat

I've been taking melatonin and will take some benadryl for my bad allergies. Hope tomorrow will be a better day

New_beginnings is offline Junior Member

Please do not take kratom. I was very addicted to pain medication and managed to get clean. 2 months after I got clean, I was in some pain and a friend Rec kratom. Said it wasn't addictive. I didn't do enough research and started taking it. At a good enough dose it will give you that same euphoric feeling. So in other words you will trade in one addiction for another. I am currently trying to get off of it. It is hell. The rls is way worse with this than regular opiates in my opinion. Btw: I suffered from chronic rls since I was a child and have been prescribed gabapentin for 6 years now, well before I ever had any problems abusing anything. My gabapentin won't even touch my rls right now. Usually a hot bath can relieve them some. Not now. They are even twitching in the bathtub. Plus kratom turns into an expensive habit. If i could go back and do it again, I would've never of touched Kratom. The best thing to do would be to fight through this. It will get better, I promise. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    Elcey and somo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperslove View Post
    Time isn't going by whatsoever. I do not work. Cannot to outside since it's 100 in the shade. I can barely make it downstairs let my pup outside, and make it upstairs before I'm too weak. Anyone else felt that way? Dis anything work to make you fall asleep? I can barely make it 20 mins
    Yep, Peppers. ....Been there. Nothing helped me sleep for the first 6 or 7 nights, and I wasn't able to even take a nap during that time. After that, allergy meds and melatonin and valerian root helped some. Once my sleep started coming back, I felt MUCH better. Hang in there....you can do this!
    .....Ryka-Leah

Anonymous Guest

Hi Pepperslove. Insomnia and exhaustion went hand in hand during my withdrawal. Even after the brutal nights my first week, sleep was erratic, but it returned mostly to normal in a few weeks. I don't know if I'd try Kratom, it looks like it might help but swapping one drug for another? I could have asked for a refill on the fentanyl I was taking but I just felt done with it all. I hope you find peace tho. There is a path through withdrawal, and while it seemed intense and infinite for a bit, the pain of it subsided pretty quickly... a week, a few weeks. Stay as strong as you can and be kind to yourself!
    somo likes this.

Peppers - the last time you posted was on Ryka's thread about 43 hours ago! I sure hope that kratom didn't come in and you've started using it? I hope everything is okay? Update as soon as you can and let us know what has been going on? God bless us all?
    somo, New_beginnings and Leah987 like this.

somo is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Peppers - the last time you posted was on Ryka's thread about 43 hours ago! I sure hope that kratom didn't come in and you've started using it? I hope everything is okay? Update as soon as you can and let us know what has been going on? God bless us all?
    Why the question mark after God bless us all? Are you doubting the Great "I Am"'s ability to bless multiples at the same time? Questioning someones worthiness to be blessed? Doubt there is one who can "Bless us all"?

Sorry, you know I am teasing only! It is kinda funny tho how one punctuation mark can open up one of the greatest debates of all time!

Hope you have a great day Ricky, and I hope and pray that pepper is ok also.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-16-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somo View Post
    Why the question mark after God bless us all? Are you doubting the Great "I Am"'s ability to bless multiples at the same time? Questioning someones worthiness to be blessed? Doubt there is one who can "Bless us all"?

Sorry, you know I am teasing only! It is kinda funny tho how one punctuation mark can open up one of the greatest debates of all time!

Hope you have a great day Ricky, and I hope and pray that pepper is ok also.
    Leave an opening for somo and he'll come a running to chime in with his quick wit! LOL...

I must of been typing too quickly and/or not paying close attention? I always use an exclamation mark after that statement! Be well somo... God bless us all!
    somo, Leah987 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Peppers, how are you doing?
    .....Ryka-Leah

Peppers? ....Where arrrrrrrrrrrrrre you?!
    .....Ryka-Leah