Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Elsie22
  • 2 Post By Longroadback
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
help with taking subutex, desperate working mum
    Elsie22 is offline New Member

Default help with taking subutex, desperate working mum

hi, i have had >>>>>> addiction for many years. i am 52. i have only ever chased it, NO IV, thank goodness, but i cant go on like i am, no one knows, got no one to talk to at all. i have a teenager. i have got my hands on some subutex, i also have a stash of methadone, but hate that stuff.

i want to try getting of the gear using the subbies, and want to know the best way to go about it, how quickly i can do it, how many subbies will i need etc. i am just finishing off last bit of gear. please, someone, help......
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Longroadback is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie22 View Post
    hi, i have had >>>>>> addiction for many years. i am 52. i have only ever chased it, NO IV, thank goodness, but i cant go on like i am, no one knows, got no one to talk to at all. i have a teenager. i have got my hands on some subutex, i also have a stash of methadone, but hate that stuff.

i want to try getting of the gear using the subbies, and want to know the best way to go about it, how quickly i can do it, how many subbies will i need etc. i am just finishing off last bit of gear. please, someone, help......
    Elsie,

I just wanted to say Hi, I'm new to the forum and 5 days into CT, I have a different doc than you but wanted to send you good thoughts, I don't have the knowledge to help with the subs but wanted to assure you someone will be by shortly to help...it's a great supportive community here...wishing you best of luck!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Elsie. Welcome!! Congratulations on taking your life back. Have you seen the suboxone taper plan?? It's the first thread marked "sticky" in the suboxone treatment sub forum. Give it a read. I'd do it twice. You need to be good and sick before you induct on subs. Otherwise you run the chance of precipitated withdrawals. Have you seen the COWS worksheet? Give it a Google. You need to score a 26 on the scale to be sure you can safely induct. Be honest and conservative with your scoring. Do it right so you only have to do it once. I promise you P/W are no joke and there is nothing you can do for them except wait it out.

You said you have so.e subutex pills. What strength and how many do you have? Have you thought about going in to see a sub doctor?? The complete taper takes around 6 weeks from induction to jump day.

Subs are crazy stong, and have a very long half life. Therefore you want to induct on the lowest possible effective dose. Which will probably be somewhere between 3-6 mg. So when you're ready to take your first dose start with .5mg yes point 5mg. Wait an hour then take another .5mg. Then continue taking .25mg increments every hour until you are stable (no w/d symptome) and that will be your initial dose.

I'll be back in a little bit. Be sure to keep posting and let us know how we can help you further. You couldn't have found a better place!!!

Have a great day, and again welcome!!
    Beef
    Longroadback likes this.

OKC-26 is offline Member

I’m currently on day on of cold turkeying off of oxycodone. I can’t help you much with the sub. I’ve had only very little experience with them. The one thing I can say is DO NOT take it to soon. I’ve been through a handful of opiate detoxes/withdraws and precipitated withdraw from sub was quite a bit worse than anything else I’ve been through. Beefaroni has already given you some pretty good advice. I’m sure there will be more people posting shortly to help you out. Sorry I can’t offer much other than support. I know it’s rough. Keep your head up!