Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sg91
  • 1 Post By Catrina
How does it affect the way you think? Do you speak the truth or a pack of lies?
    sg91 is offline New Member

Default How does it affect the way you think? Do you speak the truth or a pack of lies?

Sometimes my boyfriend calls me over and he snorts cocaine in front of me and starts rambling all sorts. When it hits him, he becomes emotionally abusive and points out flaws in me which makes me feel like an incompetent partner. I'm not sure whether it's because he's going through issues with himself and taking it out on me. I'm not even sure whether his rants are all true or just complete nonsense.
    I asked him whether he takes in regularly....he said he rarely does it. Part of me thinks this is a complete lie. Anyways I found out he cheated on me with a woman who is ten years his senior and he thinks it's going somewhere yet he states that he doesn't love her but feeds him etc. He wasn't loved as a child....so maybe he's looking for that motherly love.
    Then I messaged him on the same day to see if he was okay and whether I could come over to look after him. He objected and said that he need to change and saying things like it's over and he's seeing someone (that older lady).

It seems like he's been doing cocaine for a while and, at the same time, he's been going through a lot of >>>> and put the blame on me.

My question is..........how does the drug affect your judgement, thinking, mind. How long does it affect the way you think? A couple of hours, a few days?
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg91 View Post
    Sometimes my boyfriend calls me over and he snorts cocaine in front of me and starts rambling all sorts. When it hits him, he becomes emotionally abusive and points out flaws in me which makes me feel like an incompetent partner. I'm not sure whether it's because he's going through issues with himself and taking it out on me. I'm not even sure whether his rants are all true or just complete nonsense.
    I asked him whether he takes in regularly....he said he rarely does it. Part of me thinks this is a complete lie. Anyways I found out he cheated on me with a woman who is ten years his senior and he thinks it's going somewhere yet he states that he doesn't love her but feeds him etc. He wasn't loved as a child....so maybe he's looking for that motherly love.
    Then I messaged him on the same day to see if he was okay and whether I could come over to look after him. He objected and said that he need to change and saying things like it's over and he's seeing someone (that older lady).

It seems like he's been doing cocaine for a while and, at the same time, he's been going through a lot of >>>> and put the blame on me.

My question is..........how does the drug affect your judgement, thinking, mind. How long does it affect the way you think? A couple of hours, a few days?
    Oh boy! I don't know this man but coke messes with your head in a big way. Of course, it's at its worst when he's high but it can cause long term damage. One thing I can say for certain is that active addicts are incredibly selfish and manipulative. I am a recovering addict so I'm not slamming someone about something that I haven't done myself. I've never used coke but that part doesn't make much difference. He going to say and or do whatever he needs to be able to continue to use and that's the bottom line. Coke will absolutely effect his judgment and it will be long lasting if he abuses enough and for long enough.

Don't let him take advantage of you! If he's involved with another woman you don't need to live that way and you shouldn't want to. Right now it sounds like he's entirely into himself and whatever he wants. I'm sorry and I know that this must hurt you terribly. Really consider if you want to continue in this relationship because it doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it and who wants to be be someone who's cheating on them? Not me! And I have to certainly believe you don't either.

Peace,

Cat
    sg91 likes this.

sg91 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Oh boy! I don't know this man but coke messes with your head in a big way. Of course, it's at its worst when he's high but it can cause long term damage. One thing I can say for certain is that active addicts are incredibly selfish and manipulative. I am a recovering addict so I'm not slamming someone about something that I haven't done myself. I've never used coke but that part doesn't make much difference. He going to say and or do whatever he needs to be able to continue to use and that's the bottom line. Coke will absolutely effect his judgment and it will be long lasting if he abuses enough and for long enough.

Don't let him take advantage of you! If he's involved with another woman you don't need to live that way and you shouldn't want to. Right now it sounds like he's entirely into himself and whatever he wants. I'm sorry and I know that this must hurt you terribly. Really consider if you want to continue in this relationship because it doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it and who wants to be be someone who's cheating on them? Not me! And I have to certainly believe you don't either.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. A part of me thinks he's indirectly crying for help. I don't think he's happy at all. I told him that we should talk properly and to let me know what he wants and get back to me. He responded saying tomorrow maybe. Turned out he went out late then stayed up the whole night probably doing the same thing. I think I'm going to give him some space.......let the drug wash over and get himself thinking straight.