Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Hydrocodone withdraw. Help
    Sdc9409 is offline Junior Member

Default Hydrocodone withdraw. Help

I posted yesterday, and my post was taken down.
    I'm not sure why.

I am now 24 hours into detox, I was taking 7.5-10mg Hydrocodone everyday about 10-13 a day or more was my limit or I was vomiting.

I have no way of getting anymore so I'm thrown into detox which isn't a bad thing. I need to get off of them.

A few things, my back is killing me, like I can not stand it!!!!
    Last night was the twilight zone foreal. Like I felt like I was in a daze I got up twice to take hot bath it helped just a little but in a few minutes the back pain was back the sweating hot and cold flashes, running nose, tossing and turning.
    It was like I would fall asleep but not really be asleep waking up every 10-15 minutes. It was horrible, but I've heard it only gets worse from here and I'm not going to lie I'm suicidal, and I don't think I can do this.

Please help me, I can get a script from my doctor tomorrow for xanax I think. Because I suffer from chronic depression and anxiety, but without the Hydrocodone I feel weak, I can't do anything, nothing is entertaining, I can't watch movies or anything in fact I went all day yesterday without even touching my phone and was in a twilight situation.

I'm scared, I'm worried, it's not I have a choice here, because even if I wanted to "cave" and relapse I would have to physically get up and find someone to serve.
    I just can do that, this was all RX opiates.
    I feel like this depression, this feeling of nothing will ever be better, get better, or feel as good as it does on Hydrocodone.
    I'm weak, I've been in a dark room for 2 days.
    I took my last dose around 10-11pm on Friday night:

I just don't know what to do, I can't even get out of bed, my back hurts so bad.

asp44 is offline Member

Unfortunately your symptoms are just the normal withdrawal symptoms after stopping opiates. Expect these symptoms to continue over the next 2-3 days. Then things will slowly get better. Not great by any means but there will be small improvements. Take it hour by hour. The worse for me was the rls. Taking walks helps as does hot baths.
    Esoren31 likes this.

asp44 is offline Member

If you really are suicidal then seek help immediately!!! Just know that your symptoms are probably peaking right now. In a couple of days you will be through the worst of the physical stuff. There will be lingering symptoms but not nearly as bad as they are now.
    Xanax as well as others like it might provide you with a few hours of sleep but in my opinion not worth it. You dont want to end up with a benzo addiction! Soon you will be feeling a lot better and healthier. Push thru. You can and will be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by asp44 View Post
    If you really are suicidal then seek help immediately!!! Just know that your symptoms are probably peaking right now. In a couple of days you will be through the worst of the physical stuff. There will be lingering symptoms but not nearly as bad as they are now.
    Xanax as well as others like it might provide you with a few hours of sleep but in my opinion not worth it. You dont want to end up with a benzo addiction! Soon you will be feeling a lot better and healthier. Push thru. You can and will be a success.
    No RLS here, just some beastly back pain I'm taking Tylenol and naproxen, no help AT ALL.
    Yes im suicidal, I feel like nothing is worth SH*T anymore, my life is in shambles.
    I can't figure a way out , he'll I can't even think straight right now 8 months of this and about 2-3 months on the h train. This is bs.
    I've read about Imodium helping ease withdraws. Have you or anyone else heard of this? Is is whack or true?

Svetochek is offline Junior Member

Hang in there! Just stay in bed if you have to. Hydrocodone withdrawals lasted only up to a week for me and I was also suisidal. Never thought it would get better but after day 4 I saw the light at the end. Find one good friend who can either move in with you or who you can call at any time to cry to. This helped me. Once I had to get up in the middle of the night and drive to the next town to see my friend and all he did just held me in his arms and let me cry. Day 5 was better for me, day 6 I finally had a feeling I can do this and day 7 I actually felt happy! Hang in there!
    This was about 6 months ago and I'm in a different situation now.... believe me, please, no matter what people say to you please do NOT take suboxone to get off opiades! Do NOT take it!!!! This devil has got me now and withdrawals from suboxone are so horrible and last forever!!!!!
    Love to you and please know, there is Hope for you!
    Esoren31 and Stopplaying like this.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
    I think the worst part about this is the mental, and the back pain and I'm not looking forward to not sleeping. How are you doing currently? I've heard the horror stories about subs I wouldn't dream of ever getting on them.

Unfortunately your symptoms are just the normal withdrawal symptoms after stopping opiates. Expect these symptoms to continue over the next 2-3 days. Then things will slowly get better. Not great by any means but there will be small improvements. Take it hour by hour. The worse for me was the rls. Taking walks helps as does hot baths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetochek View Post
    Hang in there! Just stay in bed if you have to. Hydrocodone withdrawals lasted only up to a week for me and I was also suisidal. Never thought it would get better but after day 4 I saw the light at the end. Find one good friend who can either move in with you or who you can call at any time to cry to. This helped me. Once I had to get up in the middle of the night and drive to the next town to see my friend and all he did just held me in his arms and let me cry. Day 5 was better for me, day 6 I finally had a feeling I can do this and day 7 I actually felt happy! Hang in there!
    This was about 6 months ago and I'm in a different situation now.... believe me, please, no matter what people say to you please do NOT take suboxone to get off opiades! Do NOT take it!!!! This devil has got me now and withdrawals from suboxone are so horrible and last forever!!!!!
    Love to you and please know, there is Hope for you!
    Sorry my last message was to you, still trying to figure out how this site works.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Good Morning,

I left a post on your original thread and I don't know if you saw it or if that thread disappeared first. I won't rewrite the entire thing but ask questions if you have any. I essentially told you that your symptoms should be peaking or have already done so and they won't get worse. The aches will stop quite abruptly around Day 5 so you're almost there. Trouble sleeping is likely going to hang around for a while longer but at least you'll be comfortable and should be able to be still and to rest. Hot baths helped me too but the relief only lasted for a few minutes after I was out of the tub. Try using heating pads set on low. I used one beneath my legs and they soothed the rls (thankfully you don' have that--it's horrendous!) and another one on my back moving it around from time to time and it did ease the aches.

These five days of detox are certainly no fun and it's hard but things will begin to turn around after that. We all know how hopeless we feel, how drained, and how certain we become that we can never be happy again with our pills. Well. I have to tell you that that's a load of malarkey. All those what if's. Even worse, newly clean we believe that feeling dismal is the price of being clean. Malarkey again. Are you going to try meetings? I know, I know! Please consider it.

Keep posting and ask questions if you have any. I'll try to help.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes and Leah987 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning,

I left a post on your original thread and I don't know if you saw it or if that thread disappeared first. I won't rewrite the entire thing but ask questions if you have any. I essentially told you that your symptoms should be peaking or have already done so and they won't get worse. The aches will stop quite abruptly around Day 5 so you're almost there. Trouble sleeping is likely going to hang around for a while longer but at least you'll be comfortable and should be able to be still and to rest. Hot baths helped me too but the relief only lasted for a few minutes after I was out of the tub. Try using heating pads set on low. I used one beneath my legs and they soothed the rls (thankfully you don' have that--it's horrendous!) and another one on my back moving it around from time to time and it did ease the aches.

These five days of detox are certainly no fun and it's hard but things will begin to turn around after that. We all know how hopeless we feel, how drained, and how certain we become that we can never be happy again with our pills. Well. I have to tell you that that's a load of malarkey. All those what if's. Even worse, newly clean we believe that feeling dismal is the price of being clean. Malarkey again. Are you going to try meetings? I know, I know! Please consider it.

Peace,

Cat

Good afternoon cat,

I did see your post but it was taken down for some reason.

I'm 25 hours in, it feel like I'm dying.
    Although my back, head, and overall sense of wellbeing is what's getting to be the most, the anxiety. I'm starting to remeber how it all feels without the pills, how anxious I felt, how stuff seems to always go wrong.
    Now it's all rushing back into my head, I'm not in the most ideal situation, I am blessed though.
    A house and bed to detox a roof over my head and no rush .
    I put some pain cream on my back to help, oh my it's helps just the slightest bit... how I wouldn't love to get that perfectly packaged pill, and inhale.
    I have a love for the feeling in my nose.
    The sense of "wow I'm good" immediately after.

Now I'm real again like really real.
    Nothing is masking this, I can feel something hear something, smell something and I'm set off.
    Everything is surreal, ENHANCED!

I'm only 24 hours in and I feel like doodoo.
    How in the heck am I going to get through another weeks of this.

I'm just so uncomfortable, my anxiety is crazy. I smoke a cigarette and I'm jittery, but I don't want to go through opiate and nicotine withdrawal at the same time.

I haven't eaten since yesterday morning.
    I can feel the stomach cramps coming on, 8 months on and I may went to the loo 1-2 times a week, needless to say I'm impacted most likely. And on top of that I already have IBS. I'm so not okay with all of this. I just want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning,

Peace,

Cat

Also, I never considered meetings. O be honest with you, i don't think I will need them.
    I just want to get over this and be done.
    Although my suicidal tendencies have me scared.
    I have nothing to live for.

Alright, I'm just writing to write because if I don't I'm going to go crazy.
    I'm currently in a hot bath.
    Idk how I'm going to through the rest of this. I hear stories of people not getting better for months and months I just can't do that. With my depression and anxiety I'll end up dead.
    I'm not too too bad right now. But I know it's coming and I'm scared.
    Last night was horrible Idk how much longer I'll deal with that.

Yes, the worst part is mental! I agree with you there! My anxiety and depression are very very bad. And from what I've read suboxone withdrawals are similar to hydrocodone withdrawals except suboxone withdrawals take way way longer than opioids. I'm going to tell you what I'm starting to do and maybe it'll help you. I do have HUGE anxiety first thing in the morning when I get up and I can't even get out of bed! What I do is turn a very calming music and try to breathe very deeply and slowly. Once my heart stops pounding I get in a hot tub. It takes forever for me to get moving in the morning but once I do get up and move around it feels somewhat better. Then I'm trying to schedule as many social visits with friends as I can in the morning and throughout the day. None of my friends are addicts. They all had some kind of life crisis but none are users. When I get out my house and go meet with a friend or two I do feel a bit more better and more desire to live and not kill myself . So , trust me I know how you feel! I'm there now too. I'm probably just like you on the internet all the time obsessively reading about withdrawals symptoms. I'm coming to the conclusion that this is the worse thing you and I can do right now. I'm in bed right now just trying to relax and get rid of my headache that I had for two days now.
    Keep us posted and don't give up!!!!
    Lana

Melaihdren is offline New Member

The Suboxone withdrawal is much worse than the pain pill withdrawal. At least everything hits you at once and the worst is over after 3-5 days. Na meetings are very helpful if you can find a small group. Gatorade and vitamins help a little. Getting out of the house will help the most. I would avoid coffee for a few more days. I was on Lts for a few years and on Suboxone for a couple years and am 20 days clean today. It is so much better once you come out the other side. Just have to keep telling yourself it will get better because it will. I would try and get 2-3 benzo or gabapentin to get you to sleep for a few days. Wouldn't take anymore so not to trade one addiction for another. Good luck, you can do it. Just keep strong

Yes, the worst part is mental! I agree with you there! My anxiety and depression are very very bad. And from what I've read suboxone withdrawals are similar to hydrocodone withdrawals except suboxone withdrawals take way way longer than opioids. I'm going to tell you what I'm starting to do and maybe it'll help you. I do have HUGE anxiety first thing in the morning when I get up and I can't even get out of bed! What I do is turn a very calming music and try to breathe very deeply and slowly. Once my heart stops pounding I get in a hot tub. It takes forever for me to get moving in the morning but once I do get up and move around it feels somewhat better. Then I'm trying to schedule as many social visits with friends as I can in the morning and throughout the day. None of my friends are addicts. They all had some kind of life crisis but none are users. When I get out my house and go meet with a friend or two I do feel a bit more better and more desire to live and not kill myself . So , trust me I know how you feel! I'm there now too. I'm probably just like you on the internet all the time obsessively reading about withdrawals symptoms. I'm coming to the conclusion that this is the worse thing you and I can do right now. I'm in bed right now just trying to relax and get rid of my headache that I had for two days now.
    Keep us posted and don't give up!!!!
    Lana

Hey Lana,

Thanks for the spirit boost.

Today I woke up from getting no sleep.
    Such an oxymoron.
    All I did was toss and turn, waking up laying there. Then sleep, but no "rest"
    I'm tired, I feel nauseated today, but suprislying didn't have cold sweats last night, which I had major anxiety about.

I took Benadryl, and 2 melatonin. My whole body hurts.
    I feel like today I feel somewhat better, but I'm trying not to jinx myself.
    I'm praying, and trying not to let this defeat me.
    Right now I'm craving, and I can't stand food.
    I have zofran which might help with the nausea.
    Idk.

45 hours into withdrawal.
    Last night didn't have barely any cold sweats, I'm nauseas, irritable, cants keep still, no sleep,body hurts, I feel like I'm vibrating.

I hope this is over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaihdren View Post
    The Suboxone withdrawal is much worse than the pain pill withdrawal. At least everything hits you at once and the worst is over after 3-5 days. Na meetings are very helpful if you can find a small group. Gatorade and vitamins help a little. Getting out of the house will help the most. I would avoid coffee for a few more days. I was on Lts for a few years and on Suboxone for a couple years and am 20 days clean today. It is so much better once you come out the other side. Just have to keep telling yourself it will get better because it will. I would try and get 2-3 benzo or gabapentin to get you to sleep for a few days. Wouldn't take anymore so not to trade one addiction for another. Good luck, you can do it. Just keep strong
    Thank you, I must say I feel a TAD bit better today.
    I just want this to be over with.
    I can go to the doctor and get xanax but I really don't want to, cause I know if it makes me feel better I'll want to stay in them. I have a highly addictive personality. Plus I used to use bars for recreational use.
    I'm trying my best to beat this the old school way.
    I hear that at 72 hours symptoms get way worse but I feel kinda okay right now (crossing my fingers behind phone)'
    I need to get better so I can help someone I love get better, I can not preach this to someone else while I'm snorting pills to try and make my own self feel better.

I need to get my life back on track and figure some things out.

I appreciate your response.

I don't think hydrocodone symptoms get worse at 72 hours. They can last up to 72 hours. Its suboxone withdrawals that I'm dealing with get worse at 72 hours mark. If you already feel just tiny bit better then you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    If you were using any other prescription meds recreationally I'd recommend to stay away from them. Just stay strong and cry if you have to. Crying actually gets your emotions out and helps to become just a bit more stable. At least it helped me.
    Keep posting, please!

I don't think hydrocodone symptoms get worse at 72 hours. They can last up to 72 hours. Its suboxone withdrawals that I'm dealing with get worse at 72 hours mark. If you already feel just tiny bit better then you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    If you were using any other prescription meds recreationally I'd recommend to stay away from them. Just stay strong and cry if you have to. Crying actually gets your emotions out and helps to become just a bit more stable. At least it helped me.
    Keep posting, please!

I will keep posting for you dear.
    I'm holding on, for dear LIFE!!!

Funny tidbit here.
    *goes onto internet to job search*
    -is motivated to find job now that off dones.
    *accidentally types Hydrocodone into search bar, instead of job search....
    Jesus, the cravings are real!!!

I'm not going to lie, I'm still feeling pretty okay.
    I did take Imodium yesterday, I heard it helps but it's been well over 18 hours and I'm still going strong.
    I'm sorry I must of been confused because I heard it peaks at 72 hours then subsides from there.
    Here I am trippin the Fck out thinking I'm going to be in horrible condition. When I think I'm nearly over it.

UPDATE: back pain still obvious but not near as bad.
    What I did to help the SEVERE BACK PAIN.

Took 3 naproxen,
    3 Tylenol,
    Took hot bath,
    Immediately rubbed bengay into back.
    This helped tremendously.

It's also good to note that I have a huge pain tolerance, and I was crippled by this pain.
    This seemed to help lots.

I don't think you had correct information about 72 hours peak of withdrawal. Again, not for hydrocodone. So, you might be out of the deep forest at this point but next question comes up... can you stay clean and don't take anything from now on? That's the main challenge for all the addicts, me included. I know this time I will stay clean because the only way of getting any kind of S**t pills like this was from my ex and I have no desire to contact him or give him power back over me. I'm not around people who are using at all! Never has been before. Only when I was married my ex was hanging around different type of users... but as I said, it's done.
    It doesn't mean that people who use are bad people. I don't judge anyone. It's just the fact that you probably will have to change your lifestyle and who you hang around so you won't be tempted and can stay clean.
    Keep posting about your progress!
    Lana

I don't think you had correct information about 72 hours peak of withdrawal. Again, not for hydrocodone. So, you might be out of the deep forest at this point but next question comes up... can you stay clean and don't take anything from now on? That's the main challenge for all the addicts, me included. I know this time I will stay clean because the only way of getting any kind of S**t pills like this was from my ex and I have no desire to contact him or give him power back over me. I'm not around people who are using at all! Never has been before. Only when I was married my ex was hanging around different type of users... but as I said, it's done.
    It doesn't mean that people who use are bad people. I don't judge anyone. It's just the fact that you probably will have to change your lifestyle and who you hang around so you won't be tempted and can stay clean.
    Keep posting about your progress!
    Lana

Lana,

I stated previously I have a really bad addictive personality.
    That being said, the only thing that's driving me to take any is the fact that I'm anxious, depressed, and I don't like this "real" feeling.
    Everything I touch, hear, smell, see... all enhanced.
    It drives me to have MORE anxiety.
    Earlier today I was okay, genuinely great.
    Now that time has passed I'm more depressed.
    I'm just thinking of the feeling, and how much of my life was covered in a "film", and now I'm wishing I had that feeling back only without the dones.

I keep telling myself I will get better but hopelessness and that sense of well being is gradually getting to me.

I do understand your depression! I felt like there is nothing to live for either! And thought I will always be like this and have no happiness. I was like this not only because of withdrawals but also because my ex put a thought very deep in my head that no one in the world would want to be with me, love me or spend the rest of my life with me. I don't understand why another human being would want to put a thought like this in someone's head! It's really a mean thing to do but he did it to me.
    I haven't had a addiction problem before I came to the United States and married him. I'm not blaming him .. what I'm trying to say is that I might be not same as you when it comes to addiction but I do understand your depression and anxiety! Can you find something you absolutely loved doing before you stopped taking these pills? Something that made you very happy before?
    I know what it is for me but I can't have it right now ... just don't have a right person in my life. What you need to do is to try to find something to give a boost to your brain with a pleasure chemicals. Not the synthetic chemicals but the natural ones.
    I'm forcing myself to get up and go to the gym.. it's not really my thing but I know eventually it'll help
    Keep me posted and do not take any pills please!

I do understand your depression! I felt like there is nothing to live for either! And thought I will always be like this and have no happiness. I was like this not only because of withdrawals but also because my ex put a thought very deep in my head that no one in the world would want to be with me, love me or spend the rest of my life with me. I don't understand why another human being would want to put a thought like this in someone's head! It's really a mean thing to do but he did it to me.
    I haven't had a addiction problem before I came to the United States and married him. I'm not blaming him .. what I'm trying to say is that I might be not same as you when it comes to addiction but I do understand your depression and anxiety! Can you find something you absolutely loved doing before you stopped taking these pills? Something that made you very happy before?
    I know what it is for me but I can't have it right now ... just don't have a right person in my life. What you need to do is to try to find something to give a boost to your brain with a pleasure chemicals. Not the synthetic chemicals but the natural ones.
    I'm forcing myself to get up and go to the gym.. it's not really my thing but I know eventually it'll help
    Keep me posted and do not take any pills please!
    Hey.

Last night and this morning is hell, I didn't sleep at all, I feel sick, not well.
    My back pain is back, and I don't know what to anymore, it hurts so bad I'm crying in tears.
    I mean, I thought I was through the worst, but I feel like I'm dying right now.
    I'm sorry I can't write much, in so sick right now.
    Praying to god to help me.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you are in pain! If you have a bath at your house, run you a hot bath with some Epsom salt and just sit there as long as you can. Hot water always helps me. Are you on your own or do you have family or someone who lives with you?
    I'm praying that the Lord will remove all your pain and give you strength to get through this tough time! But you have to keep it together and don't think about going back to them devile pills. You will get better. Keep telling this to yourself! I'll be checking here often through the day so write when you get a chance
    Piece ,
    Lana

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2017 at 05:27 PM.

I'm so sorry about your pain!!! I wish I could do more to help you! If XRay doesn't reveal anything than you will know it's just your body is screaming for more pills and at the same time is trying to clean itself from whatever is in your system. It sucks!!! I know it does! Just keep posting here. It makes you feel like you do have someone to talk to and knowing you are not alone in this.
    Just be prepared that there might be a chance of the XRay being completely normal but again it doesn't mean that you don't hurt! I've been there myself where my heart rate would be over the roof and any other medical devices would show that there's nothing wrong with my heart except a high heart rate.
    I don't know if you believe in God or any spiritual life but for me that's the only thing that's left right now that I'm truly believing of helping me...

DerekMo is offline New Member

Did you try to call rehab centers to cure pain killers addiction?

I'm so sorry about your pain!!! I wish I could do more to help you! If XRay doesn't reveal anything than you will know it's just your body is screaming for more pills and at the same time is trying to clean itself from whatever is in your system. It sucks!!! I know it does! Just keep posting here. It makes you feel like you do have someone to talk to and knowing you are not alone in this.
    Just be prepared that there might be a chance of the XRay being completely normal but again it doesn't mean that you don't hurt! I've been there myself where my heart rate would be over the roof and any other medical devices would show that there's nothing wrong with my heart except a high heart rate.
    I don't know if you believe in God or any spiritual life but for me that's the only thing that's left right now that I'm truly believing of helping me...

I do! I do! Believe in god, so deeply. In fact the past 7 months I've been crying to him for help. I think the barrier between us, was that I was an addict. I needed to clean up.
    Those X-ray should something or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMo View Post
    Did you try to call rehab centers to cure pain killers addiction?
    Hey Derek, welcome to sdc9409 pain from hell forum, stop by any time.
    No I didn't reach out to a rehab, my detox is pretty much over besides the CHRONIC and I mean CHRONIC ANXIETY AND BACK PAIN.
    I could stand 3 days if it and the. Gone, like it were another symptom, but dang it. Day 4 and I'm working yo tears. I have a high tolerance for pain, and this is crushing me man.

Do you have any insight?

That is definitely a barrier and you are working to remove it! Great job! I know it's hard! But give yourself a huge credit for trying and not giving up!
    I don't have chronic pain but I know there are pain clinics around... not sure if they have alternative methods for pain besides giving out pain medication.... you definitely don't need that! How are you doing besides your pain?

That is definitely a barrier and you are working to remove it! Great job! I know it's hard! But give yourself a huge credit for trying and not giving up!
    I don't have chronic pain but I know there are pain clinics around... not sure if they have alternative methods for pain besides giving out pain medication.... you definitely don't need that! How are you doing besides your pain?

X-ray came back normal, they are serious about MRI due to surgery years ago, maybe a sciatic nerve situation, or degeneration of vessles and nerves ending around my lower lumber.
    Hopefully will get relief soon, happen to get clonazepam and xanax, trying to see which one helps. NO INTENTION OF RELAPSE.
    Side note, since I was a wee girl, I suffer from chronic anxiety and depression. Such s young age they figure "oh well" see how it goes no treatment, I'm not in my 20's and can barely even stand up because the carpet feels weird, sun is too bright, suicidal, and just panic attack after panic attack all set off from nothing. But on hydros I was Coolin, like super chill. And now I'm dealing with it all. So blessed to have these bentos or I wouldn't if made it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast