• 2 Post By Jollysgurl
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 3 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 1 Post By Jollysgurl
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
I have Lupus & quit hydro CT 26 hours ago...in hell
    Jollysgurl is offline New Member

Default I have Lupus & quit hydro CT 26 hours ago...in hell

Hello, I am 46 and been on oxy or hydro everyday for 3 years thanks to pain management. I'm tired of constantly worrying about pills so I gave up and quit cold turkey. It's been 26 hours 55 mins since my last dose. I couldn't sleep last night for all the same reasons as everyone else and today has been rough. I'm sad and scared and feel alone and pretty much don't want to exist right now. Please tell me it gets better....this is my first time posting on a forum as well.
    Thanks
    DravenDomnq and CHRIS-TINA16 like this.

froggy_069 is offline Member

Hi jollysgurl and welcome to the forum!

I've been exactly where you are now many times in the past and know just how it feels to be scared and alone all too well. Please keep posting because you are not alone here. There will other members who will drop by to check on you and offer support and advice. I'm so happy you decided to post because this an amazing place with wonderful people and we are all here for you.

Congratulations on taking the step to put those pills behind you! It may not feel like it now but cold turkey is honestly the best way to go. Yes! This absolutely will get better! You should be over the worst of it in 3 days or so, after that it will get progressively better. Drink plenty of fluids like Gatorade or water and try to be up and moving around when you can. Immodium will be your best friend right now. Are you taking anything else to treat your symptoms? Try Googling "the Thomas recipe" and get what you can from the list if you are able, it will absolutely help. Benzos are on the list as well but I do not recommend them unless you are already prescribed them by your Dr.

Please post and let us know how you are doing. I'm so excited you made this decision for yourself, so will be so much better off!

Thank you for responding and for the encouraging words. I'm having trouble figuring out how to post replies so help! I think i finally got it. Let's see....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Ok, i think i figured it out. I typed this long response earlier and it wouldn't post.

Sorry you lost your post, it happens from time to time but it looks like you have it figured out now, good. How are you feeling today?

I'm feeling a little better than expected after yesterday actually. Spent most of it on the crapper

Its only posting part of my replies...what am i doing wrong?

I want to say so much more but it only posts part of my responses...ughhh

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey jollysgurl. Sorry about the posts. I know for me sometimes with the longer posts it either cuts them off, deletes them or asks for approval from a moderator. And most of the time if it needs approval it won't get posted. Just stick with it. Don't get discouraged. It seems to be a bit spotty for the most part. We are all here for you!!

Beef
    Jollysgurl likes this.

Perhaps it's worth a try to write smaller posts if you are losing the long ones? It's definitely happened to me in the past as well.
    Jollysgurl likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Jolly, welcome to the forums! I've had trouble here or there with my posts as well, so would just try to break them into smaller posts. The other thing I'll sometimes do if I plan on making a longer post is writing it out on word first, then doing a copy and paste to a reply here. That way if I lose it I'll be able to try it again.

Keep at it, and keep letting us know how you're doing. There are lots of people here for you!!
    Jollysgurl likes this.

Forceout is offline Member

Hello jolly,

I just wanted to chime in and say great job making the decision to stop the pills!!!

It gets better I promise!

I’m 50 plus days further along than you after a grueling taper.

5 freakin’ urs I did the pain management thing! The pills lie!!!!!!!

You are on the best path!! Keep working to get through each hour at a time however you can. All of the sudden, you will start getting little glimpses of freedom. Then those glimpses get closer together and the clouds lift and change to sunshine.

Please stay the course!! You can’t imagine the freedom you will feel omg!!!

Listen, Gatorade and water!! Multi-Vitamins. Protein bars. Rest when you can but take brisk walks anytime you are able. The exercise is so important as you first come off the meds.

Hang in there. The reward of thinking clearly and not worrying about that Dr appt. or the pill bottle is priceless!!!!!!!!!

You got this!

All it takes is mindset. The darkness passes! I swear it does.

You will be so dang glad you did this.

It is 90 % Mental!

Forceout
    Jollysgurl and DravenDomnq like this.

Hey jollysgurl,

How are our feeling today? Good to hear that you felt better than expected! Keep in mind that those good feelings may come and go, it's definitely a process. Trust me that each day will get progressively better. You got this!
    Jollysgurl likes this.

Thank you all soooo much! It does help to hear the encouraging words of people who have been there! This is day 3 and I've taken yalls words to heart and I'm doing again better than expected. I'm hurting yes, I'm tired yes but the uncomfortable feeling is getting better every hour. I already feel the relief of not constantly thinking/counting/taking the pills. Today i am working on mustering up the energy to get a shower, brush my teeth and make a run to the store. (The little things are sooo hard). I know i can do this. I WANT to so bad! I will check back later today to let you all know how much i actually accomplish. Much love!
    Jolly
    Todays a new day and I'm gonna be OK!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

I made it out and about today. The hardest part was getting a shower and getting ready! I thought of every excuse not too but forced myself and did it. Once i was out it seemed to help and i felt better moving around. I did get gatorade and protein drinks like you suggested. And picked up some multi vitamins. Hope that all helps. I haven't wanted to eat much at all. You are so right about the pills lie! I feel like I've been someone else the past 3 years and I'm starting to see glimpses of my old self. Looking forward to being free again. One day at a time.....
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Hey jollysgurl. Keep up the good work. It's so rewarding I promise. Bananas help a lot also. I ate two a day during my detox. I know for about two weeks I couldn't stomach any food. You may want to pick up some ensure or protein shakes. Gotta fuel your body during this process. And stay hydrated. Water and Gatorade, as much as as you can. It helps to flush you out. Keep a positive mindset and stay active. For me it helped to get up as soon as I woke up. If I laid in bed for an hour it just sucked me in and I didn't want to move after that.

Just keep doing what you're doing!!
    We're so proud of you!!
    Have a great day!
    Beef
    DravenDomnq and Jollysgurl like this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Jolly, GOOD on you for getting out of the house! Anything you can do to move around will just get those endorphin's flowing and will help. Even just walking around your house, stretching etc. Keep at it because you're doing great!!

Thank you beef, draven and froggy for your words and checking in on me. Today is day 5 and I've had those nudging thought's of where can i get some.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Just recognize it as a craving and move on. You're stronger than this. Day 5 you should start to be on the down slope of this and start gradually feeling better. Keep your head up! You're doing this!! I'm so proud of you!

I promise you it's so much better on this side of the fence!
    Have a great night!
    Beef
    Jollysgurl likes this.

Day 6...I'm making it but still feel very tired. I know alot of that is the lupus so nothing i can do there. I do have a question/concern that i need help with. I also have bulging discs in my lower back and an ulcer. I will be having surgery to fix both sometime within the next couple months. I'm worried about having to take pain meds again for those and have to go through this again. I DON'T. want too! If i have to take them briefly after surgery, will i have to deal with the WD again?

Day 7 and WD are pretty much gone but RL still keeps me awake half the night. Even with benadryl. Everyone's gone ghost on me....

Hey you. If you got the restless legs there's a couple things you can try. Hylands restful legs. And for sleep Id take a long hot shower and take some valerian root with a strong cup of sleepy time tea. Give it a shot. Hope all is well.

Beef

Good to hear your withdrawal is almost gone. The RLS is definitely enough to drive you batty, been there done that, lol. Like beef said, there are things you can try to help alleviate the RLS. Hot baths work and I even tried a heating pad while trying to get to sleep and it definitely helped. Try Googling 'opiate induced rls' or something along those lines and I'm sure you'll find a Plethora of ideas you can try. Some work better than others, you may have to experiment a little.

Congratulations on an awesome job getting this done, I'm very excited for you!

Keep up the great work!

Forceout is offline Member

Hello Jolly,

I was just wandering around and found your thread. Congratulations for getting here!!! What you have done is miraculous!!! So happy to see this story! Omg. Anytime someone managers to break the vicious cycle I am extremely happy! Awesome job.

Hang in there and keep up the hard work. It’s the best thing you ever did for yourself.

Forceout