Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Judy3755
I need support
    Judy3755 is offline Member

Post I need support

Please someone help me 20 years on metadone 4 months later and Subutex and I'm doing terrible sick every day I need someone to tell me it's gets better

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judy3755 View Post
    Please someone help me 20 years on metadone 4 months later and Subutex and I'm doing terrible sick every day I need someone to tell me it's gets better

Hello Judy, welcome to the forum!

We can certainly help, but we require more info to be able to do that. Can you tell us how much methadone you were on at the highest, and what your dose was when you inducted to the subs? Also how did you induct on the subs? What dose of sub are you on now? Any additional info you can provide will help us to provide a plan to hopefully get you feeling better. Thanks.

Randy

Thank you for responding at the highest I was taking 40 mg of methadone I had tapered down to 10 mg after one year and I started the Subutex after no methadone for 3 days and I'm on 10 mg of Subutex thank you

Just a little more info I have been on the methadone for 20 years

Thank you for responding at the highest I was taking 40 mg of methadone I had tapered down to 10 mg after one year and I started the Subutex after no methadone for 3 days and I'm on 10 mg of Subutex thank you

Thanks for the info. Please tell me how long you've been taking the Subutex? Need to have all the facts so I completely understand the situation. Thanks.

Randy

5 months of Subutex

Anonymous Guest

Is she sick from withdrawal, or sick from the Subutex?

What are your symptoms Judy? Could you share why you were on methadone, and why you switched? Randy might want to know this too.

I won't be able to help with advice like Randy, but I am reading your posts. I'm sorry you're sick.

I wanted to stop the methadone I had been taking for so long if I could not get them I would get so sick they weren't prescribed to me and I had to stop. I'm 60 years old and it was time. I go to a doctor that prescribes me the Subutex and he says he never had anyone not get help from subutex but I don't. The anixety is the worst the addication doctor also prescribes me ambien clozepam and gabapentin. It seems like everyday I'm getting worse. I can't go to work and I'm going to lose my job if I don't start going , this is almost 5 months later after I stopped the methadone and started everything else. I would be grateful for anyone's help. Thank you
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-09-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Describe sick. You said anxiety. What else? RLS, sweats, or is it something else?

Just asking. There is no wrong answer.

One thing I need to say I had no idea I was switching one drug for another I knew nothing about Subutex I just thought I was getting help to get off of methadon the doctor I went to says I could stay on it the rest of my life this is not what I want to do I feel so lost I don't know what to do it seems like the doctor just wants my money and tells me not to read these websites that they don't know what they what they are talking about help

No just bad bad anixety and feeling like I have a bad flu and I am so so tense all the time

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

One thing I need to say I had no idea I was switching one drug for another I knew nothing about Subutex I just thought I was getting help to get off of methadon the doctor I went to says I could stay on it the rest of my life this is not what I want to do I feel so lost I don't know what to do it seems like the doctor just wants my money and tells me not to read these websites that they don't know what they what they are talking about help
    It's definitely the other way around. Most sub doctor's don't know what the medicine is. They just have to take an 8 hour class taught by big pharma, and then they can prescribe it widely at insanelylarge doses. I was prescribed 16mg/day for 5 years. And only when I found this site on my 11th day of brutally crushing w/d did I begin to learn about this medicine. In the 5+ months that I've been bouncing around here I've learned so much about suboxone/subutex, it blew my mind as to how in the dark I was.

About the anxiety, have you always had anxiety? Have you been prescribed anything for it? What other meds are you taking other than the subutex?

We'll figure this out.
    Beef

Hi Judy -

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I have a very busy life with a very demanding job so having time available for the forum is precious to me and I do care about you. I'll do my best to get you back on track, and I hoping you will agree to follow a few suggestions.

Just so you know I've been an addict a long time. I abused every drug known to man for over 18 years. Went on Methadone for many years and my dose ended up well over 200mgs daily. Horrible, horrible drug in my opinion and a bear to get off. I eventually made the switch to Suboxone and it saved my life without a doubt. I tapered off the subs and will have 4 years clean this coming July. So I know what you're dealing with and also know you can get on track and do it too Judy.

Most doctors haven't a clue how subs work, how to prescribe them, or how to keep patients informed. They take a simple 8 hour class and that's it, they are then licensed to prescribe subs. Big Pharma reps instruct these doctors to put patients on huge doses of sub and attempt to keep these patients on it for years, including the rest of the patients life in many cases. It's nothing more than a huge money-maker for these doctors.

I'm telling you that coming from Methadone it almost always takes more sub to get someone stable and feeling good. But 10mgs is a whopper of a dose and I'm suspecting much more than you need. Also concerning to me is the fact that this doctor has also placed you on Ambien, Clonazapam, and Gabapentin. Those drugs combined with the Subutex DO NOT mix well and almost certainly are the cause of the way you're feeling. I would bet the farm on it.

First of all I'm no doctor, and what I'm going to suggest you do is probably not what your doctor would advise so it's up to you if you want to take my advice or not. But the doctor speaks from non-experience most likely with the sub, and maybe the other meds, while I speak from experience with all of them. So if I were in your shoes I would immediately begin reducing the Subutex down to 8mg daily. You will not even feel that dose reduction I promise. The goal is to get your dose down to a respectable level without causing any wd's. The high dose of Subutex along with the other meds is making you sick.

Please let me know what doses you are taking of the Ambien, Clonazapam, and Gabapentin, and how long you've been taking each of them. We may have to begin lowering those doses depending on the circumstances. If we do that it would need to be done very slowly over time.

I hope this all makes sense to you. You won't feel better immediately, but you'll begin feeling better very soon once we get that Subutex dose down a little. Let me know what you think. Take care.

Randy
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Omg, another moderation. WTF? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Beef. You said a lot of what I said in my long post that I just wasted 20 mins typing. Ughhhh

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I wanted to stop the methadone I had been taking for so long if I could not get them I would get so sick they weren't prescribed to me and I had to stop. I'm 60 years old and it was time. I go to a doctor that prescribes me the Subutex and he says he never had anyone not get help from subutex but I don't. The anixety is the worst the addication doctor also prescribes me ambien clozepam and gabapentin. It seems like everyday I'm getting worse. I can't go to work and I'm going to lose my job if I don't start going , this is almost 5 months later after I stopped the methadone and started everything else. I would be grateful for anyone's help. Thank you
    Whoops. I guess I missed this post. Sorry about that.

Anonymous Guest

Yes, what Randy said.

Even 2 mgs of Subutex made me very sick, but I'm a lightweight. Doc didn't want to hear it either.

You'll get more info here IMO than a five minute visit with a doc who has a vested interest.

Judy, I'm 51 yo female, btw.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-09-2018 at 01:19 PM.

I didn't have anixety before as far as I know but I've been taking the methadone for twenty years besides the Subutex I'm taking the gabapentin 300 mg clozapine once a day clonidine twice a day for blood pressure and ambien 5 mg for sleep

Randy,
    How should I take the 8 mg should I take 4 mg every 8 hours? I don't know if this matters but I've los 50lbs sine I tapered off the methadone and started the Subutex

I have learned so much on line, when I told the doctor some of the things I read he said I should not read anymore like I didn't need to be on such a high amount of Subutex and that I didn't need to be on it for the rest of my life. Thank you for responding

Randy,
    How should I take the 8 mg should I take 4 mg every 8 hours? I don't know if this matters but I've los 50lbs sine I tapered off the methadone and started the Subutex

We usually suggest splitting the dose of sub when over 1mg daily. Once down to 1mg and/or under you should go to once daily dosing. So yes, I would take 4mg in the am and another 4mg later in the day about 8-10 hours after the first dose. After you've spent 4-7 days on 8mg you should reduce that dose by 25% down to a Total of 6mg daily.

I wouldn't tell the doctor you're taking advice from someone on a forum. Just keep it to yourself. And I wouldn't tell him you're reducing your sub dose either. He may get quite upset at that prospect.

That's a lot of weight you've lost. Wow, but if you been ill for several months that could explain it.

Have you been taking the Ambien, Clonazapam, Clonidice and Gabapentin for a while? How long approximately?

Randy

the clonidine I've been taking for 20 years for blood pressure the ambien I have been taking a year and the gabapentin and clonazepam I've been taking 5 months

the clonidine I've been taking for 20 years for blood pressure the ambien I have been taking a year and the gabapentin and clonazepam I've been taking 5 months

Thank you for that information. We shouldn't mess with any of those meds for now Judy. Keep taking them as directed by your doctor. Lets work on getting that Subutex dose down and I bet you'll begin feeling much better once you do.

Randy

Thank you I will do what you about the Subutex and I will let you know when I'm at 6mg , thank you so much for your help
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-09-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Randy35 likes this.