Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Impossible to get better and get good advice/help when no one responds!!!!
    StayingHopeful90 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Impossible to get better and get good advice/help when no one responds!!!!

Hello. I have a bitter sweet feeling on here since I have posted a million threads and got little to no feed back. I have been using pain pills for the past 3 years. About every day. I take 3-4 at most of 10mg perks. Idk how to taper off- does withdrawl ease work? Or how about suboxin? I bought one today and figured I would taper that down for one week and then Just jump into it. I take pieces so small that I need to pick it up with a tweezer. Im up to other suggestions besides the Thomas recipe because I don't feel shakes and healthy foods would help me. I just want to get better as quick and painless as possible. Any feedback or advice would really make a difference. I also have been taking zanex steadily for about 3-4 years and can range from anywhere to 1-4 1mg a day. I know cutting this out cold turkey can cause seizures but I cannot tell my parents. Anyone that knows a good way to taper off? And a quick way? Because I don't have many left. Please help! I need this guidance so I can start seeing light at the end of this tunnel.. I am also going back to seeing my therapist and talk about issues im facing and will attend meetings. I just need help and advice working through these physical symptoms first. Any suggestions??? Please.

I am sorry you have gotten no replies, and I am of no help here as I have done none of these drugs, but DO keep posting! It keeps your thread at the top and someone will be along to help.

This is not a huge site, but it is wonderful help when you make some "friendships".

Good luck, Catherine

StayingHopeful90,

I don't know about tapering opiates. I tried and really couldn't do it. So I ended up CT quitting. What I can tell you is the withdrawals are usually 1000 times worse in our minds than they will actually be (opiates not zanax).
    I've actually weaned myself off of zanax before. You have to take that very slow. I saw that you said you don't have many left. Please be careful with the zanax. I would break the 1mg pills in half and take half in the morning and at night. Staying on that for 4 days. Then I would break the .5 halves in half again .25 in the morning and at night for 4 days. Then try to only take it once in the middle of the day .25 for a week. And slowly get down to zero. After a week at .25 one a day, I would start trying to either break that in half or try to wait as late in the day as possible before taking it. Then try to skip a day. If you feel too much anxiety stay at .25 or half of that for another day. When I got to zero and felt anxiety, I would take melanin. It really did help to calm me down. I'm not a doctor, so please be careful. I'm just stating what helped me. I never had seizures. But, I also never took them for years either. I had only taken them for a few months and only at bedtime because they always put me to sleep. I did wean off though for fear of seizures.
    I'm sorry you aren't getting much response on your thread. I'm pretty new to this site. You can do this. I'm finally free of all addictive substances (after 6 years) and I feel so much better. I didn't know how sick all of the opiates had made me until I quit. Hang in there. You have to be strong! AND you have to WANT THIS more than anything else in your life! You will have to dig deep for the strength, and FIGHT this!
    (((((((Hugs)))))))
    Living
    Catherine1208132 likes this.

Thank you! I really appreciate the advice. Should I get more Zanex to taper
    Off over a longer span of time or just try it this way? There was a time when I was really bad in my teens with it(zanex) and just stopped and never had symptoms.. But if not I will try that taper method. I really Dont want this for myself anymore. I can't live my life like this any longer.. I started to mask my feelings because I lost my boyfriend/bestfriend from drugs. He didn't die but I basically already buried the guy he once was.. So I started to play around when I couldn't and didn't want to face reality.. I always was so addicted to his addiction and making sure he was ok rather than worrying about myself.. So I lost myself in the process- and now Im here. (Go figure) ..
    Catherine1208132 likes this.

relapsed2015 is offline Junior Member

hey!
    if you have been taking xanax for over a few years, you should always taper off xanax.
    unlike certain opiates, certain Benzos can cause seizure if stopped abruptly.

for opiates, in my opinion, it is best to just go ct over tapering off.
    in most cases, i think, tapering ONLY works if you have strong support around you (whom you have been 100% honest with) and if you really can keep to that schedule. towards the end of tapering off, the wd WILL mostly likely happen.. technically less severely but will last longer...
    all these above are ALL theories because technically all human beings are different. some just have it easier than others and you can never tell if yours will be worse than others.
    PAIN is something that's subjective... so is anxiety.... RLS... etc etc because those aren't things that you can measure.. what you might feel as tolerable, i may think i'm dying.

just keep writing even if there are no responses...
    that's what i did, and that's what i do.
    it helps... even if you are talking to yourself.

just the fact that you are taking this first step inspire me.
    i hope the fact that i'm going through 4-5 days of my withdrawals inspire you the same.

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

Really?.......
    Heres the truth my friend .this is an online board. It can be a tool for u but it cant be what u base ur whole recovery on....stomping and posting red headlines for people to come help u now is not the way for anyone to get clean...No one CAN deliver recovery to u at ur command like the dopeman can deliver PILLS...thework is yours to do....honestly speaking.
    We all are addicts here and we got into the belly of the beast by demanding instant gratification...... We wanted to feel better we took a pill. ...didnt end up so good for me.
    What I did was read alot and comment and ask questions on other posts at first. I didnt tell my whole background til I made my own thread. The best advice I can give u is to do some research and see what others have done. Sitting here demanding that other struggling addicts help u right now is pure addict behavior and honestly u r not going to get what ur looking for that way. U mentioned therapy and meetings. VERY GOOD IDEAS. People here have used the thomas recipe and other things for comfort meds. I see u have been advised not to ct off benzos. All important advise.
    I dont come here to chastise u for poor behavior. I come because ur situation is life or death. YOU need to be fighting for ur life. Not waiting for peeps on a forum to come to u. Yes its that important that you do the work. the life u save will hopefully be ur own. Good luck my friend. Chase ur recovery like u chased the dopeman. thats what Ido. Its bought me 4 Months clean. It can happen for you Too. Dont ever give up!
    Ilovemtndogs7 likes this.

Thank you relapsed2015!! That does inspire me and motivates me to want to start immediately. I will deff taper off of the zanex I just need to know a proper taper.. And I have a few friends to confide in and have been going to meetings so I think that does some good. I just can't bring myself to tell my parents. I got myself into this and want to get myself out.. Any natural remedies that worked for you coming off of opiates?

Melina, with all do respect- I am reaching out for help and everytime I posted sometning it would delete.. And if they didn't delete I would never get a response. I have been on this forum for months and months just reading and googling things and then asking questions.. Then recently I decided to post on here. This website is about other addicts helping and relating to eachother no? So yes I voiced that I need help because not only do I want it but I need it! Nothing wrong at all with putting red headlines because I've gotten the most support this way thus far. I know I need to put in the work and I've already started. Im well aware of that and Im not expecting anyone to deliver recovery to me. Im simply reaching out for help/guidance/experience so I can deliver that to myself!! I didn't demand anyone on here to get me help I ASKED FOR HELP as Im sure you did when you were struggling. I don't think I will get what Im looking for if negative people like you comment and all of a sudden tell me I won't get what Im looking for if I do it this way or I don't have a right to post in red headlines. You say you didn't come here to chastise me for poor behavior yet that is exactly what you did. And you know what? It isn't poor behavior. It's someone struggling and maybe as a recovering addict you of all people should realize and know that. Don't tell me I need to work on my life when I ALREADY KNOW I DO!! Hence the reason Im on here!! You don't know my life my story or how many people in my life that don't know Im struggling. So this forum is sometning that I would like and hope to be a good resource for me. Maybe you are the one that won't get far if you look down upon people that are still struggling and expect that I won't succeed because I didn't do it "your" way. I won't ever give up and I won't ever stop posting. Because I DO want help and don't need to be questioned for my headline in red letters.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Hi Catherine1208132, thank you for your kind words and understanding. I most definitey will continue to post and ask questions etc. And yes I am looking forward to developing some friendships along the way to people on here that can relate to where I am coming from and knows how it feels to be in this situation rather than judge and chastise me because they have some clean time. (Unfortunatley some people are like that and lose sight of when they were once in my shoes).. I wouldn't wish this addiction on my worst enemy and can only stay positive and move up from here. Good for you for not doing any of these drugs! That is great. Is there anything you are having a problem with or struggling with? Im here to talk or listen!

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

I definately understand the anger and desperation of withdrawal,as we have the same drug of choice, opiates.... I was trying to do for you what the oldtimers in the rooms did for me. I attempted to show u the perils of victim mentality and demands for instant gratification. I got it and no it wasnt painless, and it definately wasnt overnight. It was one of the greatest gifts of my recovery. If u look at my thread and the threads of others I have talked to u, will see I have helped and been helped many times. I totally get where u are now. I was there not so long ago. I agree that Im not the type to feed soft responses and enabling behaviors. I dont do it to hurt, I honestly feed raw truth because of the severity of the disease. Ive lost and continue to lose friends via OD. Many of us do, its a searing epidemic of our times. I am sorry u are not at at place to receive the message I wanted to give, but i do get it. I definately understand trying to beat this disease while hiding it from my family and friends. I did it for many years. It never worked for me.
    Lastly I will say Ill never be here solely to gain friends and feed people what they want to hear. Im here to try to help people save their lives. This is truly a disease that can take us out of life, out of freedom, out of everything we hold dear. If we dont find recovery,the only end results are jails, institutions, and death. I totally understand if u are in a space this isnt what u want to hear. My true intention was to refocus u to the vital issues that could save your life. Good luck and I truly wish u all the best. Mel

Hey relapsed2015, thank you! Congrats on 6 days that's awesome! I don't think the Thomas recipe will work for me .. What about something for restless legs? Or withdrawl ease? And thank you for the zanex taper.. So your saying decrease .5mg a day and keep it at that amount for 3 days and then reduce another .5 for the next three days and so on? Do you think I should try that or go to my primary physician and see if he can help me out? I can't tell my parenfs or anyone so help from here and Google and some friends is really the only advice I can get at this point. What were your taking and how much? How did you cope with it? - keep up the good work! It gives me motivation for sure!

h84
    h84 is offline New Member

personally I'd take care of one thing before the other. You go into wd for both xanax and oxycodone it will be a hellish overwhelming ride that might force you to give in. 30-40mg oxy isn't that big of a deal it's the xanax wd that might be a problem and I'd deal with that first. look into the herb valerian and gabapentin is another molecule that I heard works for benzo wd.

Thanks H84. I was thinking about tapering off of the opiates with one sub film (may not even use entire thing but just to keep me off the opiates) as far as benzos i am a little scared I use to take them in my needs and just stopped.. No symptoms no nothing.. And. I took more back then! But now I am scared and do need to focus on that - where can I buy those supplements above? And what was your experience with what you took?

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    I agree I would take care of 1 thing at a time..
    The opiates 1st ..
    That way the benzo can help with that and you can do it quicker..
    That being done will empower you to continue with the opiates..
    It is tough ..
    Just treat the symptoms as they come up..
    They are usually worst in our minds than in reality..

If RLS is your worst withdrawals
    Hylands restless leg OTC helps..
    The supplements on the Thomas Receipe on here do help.
    For a couple of reasons .
    1st replace nutrients that were not being absorbed through your intestine before because of the opiates.
    2. Helps the neurotransmitter refuel that and exercise will help your body start to create the endorphins that your body hasn't had to make because of the opiates..
    It really does effect everything down to the cellular level..
    Drinking water is probaly one of the most important things.
    Not only to flush the toxins out but it helps with Head aches , legs cramps and all around health to the cells..

Welcome and if you have to
    Hide your clocks because time seems to stand still during withdrawals ..
    Take care
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-02-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Iluv2smile, I will start with he opiates like you said. I will also then begin the zanex taper.. Any certain amount of time in between until. I focus on zanex? I feel like the Thomas recipe is to much.. Any substances from there in particular that helped most? I will get the ones most effective. And have you ever tried withdrawal ease? How does that work?

I still can't say anything about Xanax, never having had it, but one thing at a time is a good idea.

Re: the Thomas recipe...I think we all look for miracles, and there are certainly things within that recipe that work, but what helped me most with the Hydrocodone was the exercise. Yes, I know it is the LAST thing anyone wants to do, but even if you get up and wash a dish, or walk around for a few minutes etc. it helps. I was too restless to stay put at anything the first few days.

And the hot showers. Think I would have lived in it if I had had that much hot water...

Thank you Catherine! Can you tell me what things in the Thomas recipe worked best for you? Im making a list of all great advice and ideas I am getting from people on here and then want to start immediately. First thing is to deff kick the opiates.. And then I will see a physician if I have to if Im finding it difficult to taper of the zanex. But again, any remedies or sleeping medicine or anything that helped you, I would really appreciate to know!

I just wanted tell you real quick .
    I have to go to my workshop.
    I have used withdrawal ease when I got off methadone..
    A year ago.
    I was going to get it again during my sub taper but really didn't need it..
    It does work.
    It is about 70.00 a month .
    There is a day time pill and a nighttime pill.
    It has a money back guarantee..
    So really no risk..

Check out the website..
    It has almost all of the suggestions on the thomas Receipe which can be costly too..
    I took it for a couple of months before during and after the worst parts..
    I started taking single vitamins during my sub taper and have continued to do that.
    I have been clean from the methadone and alcohol 1 year
    And the sub 3 months..
    I am grateful for that..
    I will be back later
    Bette

Thanks Bette! So I can get this over the counter or order it or? And are they addictive? I was thinking about starting out with getting off opiates by taking sub instead. (Just taking half of a strip and making it smaller and smaller until it's so tiny I have to pick up the pieces with tweezers, then throw the other half out. Then if I still felt sick maybe try the withdrawal ease? What do you think? Is that a bad idea or could that be a good way to get off these things. Hope to hear back later!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Hi staying. The wd ease needs to be ordered online so if you are already there it maybe better to get vitamins and stock up on the thomas receipe. I think it depends on what symptoms you are trying to deal with most as to what you want to items get. I tapered off hydros and also helped another friend with a tapering schedule with Xanax so if you have specific questions with tapering I can try to be of help. Sorry I never took subs so can not offer too much advice in that area.

Everyone is different and I think recovery can be different. What I think is most important is you get to the finish line and don't look back. Staying strong just one day at a time is what matters. A poster referred this to a journey which to me is a great way of looking at things. Getting off drugs and staying off them is a journey in it self and we all can have a different journey. What helps me may not help you. The thought of any wds was way to much for me and I had no problem tapering off opiates with out the help of other drugs but that is just me. Just my opinion but I would try and get off opiates first and then tackle the xanax later if possible. I am not sure if I offered any helpful info that was not already given. I really just wanted to offer up supoort and let you know I am cheering for you. I am sorry about stuff getting deleted I know that can be fustrating. Making the decision to get clean and following thru and doing it is huge so congrats on getting this far. It may only be a baby steps but even the smaller steos will get you to the finish line in time.

I would venture to say most addicts can not taper off their drug of choice..
    Off course their are exceptions to that and if you can do it
    Go for it..
    I choose to stay on the sub 9 months and then used the taper here..
    For a few reasons but it can off corse be done quicker.
    That is just the time I took and needed to make some changes.

Yes the withdrawal ease has to be ordered .
    I did it because it was simple..

But it will only help with opiates and you are going to have the Xanax.
    I think you will be ok..

I have never tapered off benzos so I don't know the best way to do that..
    I will check back later.
    Take care
    Bette

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by StayingHopeful90 View Post
    Hello. I have a bitter sweet feeling on here since I have posted a million threads and got little to no feed back. I have been using pain pills for the past 3 years. About every day. I take 3-4 at most of 10mg perks. Idk how to taper off- does withdrawl ease work? Or how about suboxin? I bought one today and figured I would taper that down for one week and then Just jump into it. I take pieces so small that I need to pick it up with a tweezer. Im up to other suggestions besides the Thomas recipe because I don't feel shakes and healthy foods would help me. I just want to get better as quick and painless as possible. Any feedback or advice would really make a difference. I also have been taking zanex steadily for about 3-4 years and can range from anywhere to 1-4 1mg a day. I know cutting this out cold turkey can cause seizures but I cannot tell my parents. Anyone that knows a good way to taper off? And a quick way? Because I don't have many left. Please help! I need this guidance so I can start seeing light at the end of this tunnel.. I am also going back to seeing my therapist and talk about issues im facing and will attend meetings. I just need help and advice working through these physical symptoms first. Any suggestions??? Please.

Hi! Sunshine is the taper master! She got me
    down on my Xanax pretty quick as I was in the same boat as you, not a lot left!! IMO Xanax w/d's are worse then opiate but once again my opinion. The slower you can go the better. Coming here and posting as much as you can and reading always helps too! Welcome and we will be cheering you on!

Quote Originally Posted by StayingHopeful90 View Post
    Melina, with all do respect- I am reaching out for help and everytime I posted sometning it would delete.. And if they didn't delete I would never get a response. I have been on this forum for months and months just reading and googling things and then asking questions.. Then recently I decided to post on here. This website is about other addicts helping and relating to eachother no? So yes I voiced that I need help because not only do I want it but I need it! Nothing wrong at all with putting red headlines because I've gotten the most support this way thus far. I know I need to put in the work and I've already started. Im well aware of that and Im not expecting anyone to deliver recovery to me. Im simply reaching out for help/guidance/experience so I can deliver that to myself!! I didn't demand anyone on here to get me help I ASKED FOR HELP as Im sure you did when you were struggling. I don't think I will get what Im looking for if negative people like you comment and all of a sudden tell me I won't get what Im looking for if I do it this way or I don't have a right to post in red headlines. You say you didn't come here to chastise me for poor behavior yet that is exactly what you did. And you know what? It isn't poor behavior. It's someone struggling and maybe as a recovering addict you of all people should realize and know that. Don't tell me I need to work on my life when I ALREADY KNOW I DO!! Hence the reason Im on here!! You don't know my life my story or how many people in my life that don't know Im struggling. So this forum is sometning that I would like and hope to be a good resource for me. Maybe you are the one that won't get far if you look down upon people that are still struggling and expect that I won't succeed because I didn't do it "your" way. I won't ever give up and I won't ever stop posting. Because I DO want help and don't need to be questioned for my headline in red letters.
    Girl I love you already!!! You will get good advise here, just remember what works for one doesn't work for the other. Lots of people told me to take L-Tyrosine during w/d's and it just made me really anxious and jittery. Hylands for rls is good as is long hot bath soaks for aching muscles. If you can get a few somas they help at night or just plain old NyQuil. Sleep is hard in the beginning but treat your symptoms like you have the flu. Lots of people told me to stay active and try and walk etc but for the first week all I could do was lay in bed. I watched a lot of TV and movies, anything to make time go by. The only advise I can give you is give up one drug at a time. I tapered way too soon off Xanax after my norco jump and it as a living He** if your dr can help you out in the department and get you through another month or so is best to tackle one beast at a time.

Anything else just ask, Sunshine, Dave, Mommy, Hope, MsDogs and myself are all full of love and support! You got this girl and a whole lotta support from people who have been right where you are! No judgement here!

Tiger
    Sunshine1112 likes this.

Hi sunshine1112! Thank you so much for the advice. Can you tell me the taper method you gave your friend from the zanex? And with the opiates, what did you take to taper off of it? How much were you taking and for how long? I would appreciate any advice!- I want to do this as soon as possible! Thank you

Hi Bette, yea I just could never bring myself to taper off of these things.. I will try to maybe taper off of subs and take it for like two weeks and then stop. Or I will order the withdrawal ease. Thanks for the help! I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes!

Hi tiger! Aw thanks so much! I really appreciate your feedback. Ugh are the withdrawals really worse than opiates? Which did you get off first? And how often and many were you taking for both Zanex and opiates? Im scared and don't have any family to really talk to so im hoping Im strong enough to do this on my own. What remedies or medication did you take to get clean? I was thinking taking sub to come off of the opiates but I don't want to get addicted to that.. But maybe if I only take it for a week to 2 weeks tops I'll be ok? I don't know! Sorry for a million questions! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for reaching out!

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Staying you want to taper real slow off the xanax. Slow and steady wins the race. I would stay at each amount dose for a week or 10 days try to cut your amounts down by a quarter percent each time. Do you have enough xanax to stay on an extra month or two? Tiger tapered from 2 mg to .5 in 5 weeks. She only had so many to work with. Can you wait to get off opiates first? I tapered off hydrocodone and Tramadol over a six week period. Every 5 days I lowered my amount. Subs are different and I don't know how they work. Randy has great advice on that as well.

My doc was norcos but >> basically pacman any pill I could get my hands on. I'd try and stick to 1 or 2 norcos a day but it would always end up more. I jumped off norco cold turkey! It was hard and it sucked but I was on here allllll the time and had lots of support. I didn't tell a soul so my only confidants were here on this board. You can read my thread (if you are bored) I jumped first then did the Xanax taper. If I had a choice I wouldn't have done the x taper so soon after my jump. It's a LOT to go through emotionally at once. Sunshine ^above^ figured out my taper so she's your gal. As far as the subs go I don't know much besides A: don't go near them unless you really have to. B: there are other people here that know a lot more about subs!
    Imo jumpIng was the only way to go. I couldn't taper off opiates if i had a gun pointed at my head! If you want to taper talk to sunshine or read her thread!

Thank you both! (Sunshine and Tiger)- tomorrow will be my first day so I will let you know how it goes. I will also try and get more xanax so I can stretch it out it a little longer if I have to. Thank you for the support/advice. It is greatly appreciated!

Right on! Let is know how you are doing. We're here to help and answer any questions you have! I don't know if you have monthly scrips or how you get your supply but I'd delete all those numbers now before w/d's set in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast