Incoming Suboxone withdrawal, advice?
    Neal121 is offline New Member

Default Incoming Suboxone withdrawal, advice?

I was taking 5.4mg zubsolv a day which is the same as 8mg Suboxone a day. I was discharged from aoda counseling which then ended my time with Suboxone.

I'm supposed to go from a full pill to 1/2 for 5 days then 1/4 for 5 days then jump.

I've been on Suboxone at this dose for 4 or 5 months now.

Since I've heard nothing great about sub withdrawal... What sort of hell am I to expect? Including working 40 hrs a week at a computer in a cubicle..

I also have horrible anxiety, which led me to opiate addiction, so I know this will be magnified... My anxiety already is pretty bad at the thought of withdrawal due to all the withdrawals I've had in my life during my opiate addiction.

Ideas to ease this withdrawal? I won't have any access to anti anxiety medication other than Cymbalta (which I'm supposed to start next week). I might be able to refill my Lyrica... Psych took me off it but I've heard it's helpful for withdrawal.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neal121 View Post
    I was taking 5.4mg zubsolv a day which is the same as 8mg Suboxone a day. I was discharged from aoda counseling which then ended my time with Suboxone.

I'm supposed to go from a full pill to 1/2 for 5 days then 1/4 for 5 days then jump.

Since I've heard nothing great about sub withdrawal... What sort of hell am I to expect? Including working 40 hrs a week at a computer in a cubicle..

I also have horrible anxiety, which led me to opiate addiction, so I know this will be magnified... My anxiety already is pretty bad at the thought of withdrawal due to all the withdrawals I've had in my life during my opiate addiction.

Ideas to ease this withdrawal? I won't have any access to anti anxiety medication other than Cymbalta (which I'm supposed to start next week). I might be able to refill my Lyrica... Psych took me off it but I've heard it's helpful for withdrawal.

Hi Neal -

To have the least amount of wd symptoms when tapering off suboxone/zubsolv you really need to taper slow and steady and get your dose down to at least .25mg per day. Lower is even better to soften the landing. Our taper plan used here by thousands successfully has you reducing your dose by 25% every 4-7 days. Here's a link to the plan below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip down to the tapering section if you want. You don't reduce any dose if you aren't stable with little or no wd's because symptoms will follow you the rest of the taper. The plan really works!

As for the Lyrica, be very, very careful with it. I personally wouldn;t use it at all because I know for an absolutely fact it can be addictive. When I couldn't get my drug of choice and wd's were beginning to hit hard I could always get some Lyrica and it would always stave off the wd symptoms. If I took it longer than a week I would have wd's from the Lyrica. Not what you want. Just be careful if you do use it.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Neal121 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Neal -

To have the least amount of wd symptoms when tapering off suboxone/zubsolv you really need to taper slow and steady and get your dose down to at least .25mg per day. Lower is even better to soften the landing. Our taper plan used here by thousands successfully has you reducing your dose by 25% every 4-7 days. Here's a link to the plan below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip down to the tapering section if you want. You don't reduce any dose if you aren't stable with little or no wd's because symptoms will follow you the rest of the taper. The plan really works!

As for the Lyrica, be very, very careful with it. I personally wouldn;t use it at all because I know for an absolutely fact it can be addictive. When I couldn't get my drug of choice and wd's were beginning to hit hard I could always get some Lyrica and it would always stave off the wd symptoms. If I took it longer than a week I would have wd's from the Lyrica. Not what you want. Just be careful if you do use it.

Randy
    Thanks for the reply. I guess it's sort of tough to determine the exact dose when I split the pill. A 1/4 pill is probably around 1.4mg since the pills are 5.7mg. Since they are so small and delicate, a sliver of that 1/4 is going to be pretty tough. And I have no option for getting a refill of a smaller dose. I have now 4.5 pills left. Just took the first 1/2 today to start this fun time.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Nkoeing is offline New Member

Default Im on day 15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal121 View Post

The jump is pretty scary but i knew it had to be done i had been on suboxone for almost 4 years at 2mg a day. then tapered to .5 over many months finally got a week off of work and made the jump. First 5-6 days were pretty rough but after day 7 i could definitly see the light. Each day a little better but it has been a slow process in my case finally day 14 i felt well enough at work and had to take engagment photos with my beautiful fiance. My mood still swings alot but it is good more than it is bad. now today on day 15 was really fatigued at work but i can tell its only up from here.