• 1 Post By Tko500
  • 2 Post By arwen1
  • 2 Post By Tko500
  • 3 Post By ChiefChe
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
Jumping off at 2.5mg methadone, can not wait to be finished
    Tko500 is offline Banned

Default Jumping off at 2.5mg methadone, can not wait to be finished

Hi everyone. I have been on methadone for 7 years now and have tapered down to 2.5mg a year ago and been sready on that dose since. This weekend i will be saying good bye to methadone and undertaking the arduous process of withdrawl. My spirits are good, i am doing this from a place of strength and it is my own decision. I am informed and have been preparing for this in many ways, including but not limited too, diet, vitamins, clean living, excersise, and having support of my wife and having time off of work to handle this. I have detoxed off all opiates at one time or another, but this is my first and last methadone detox. I am finishing one last job at work before i jump, should start saturday. Its finally time for me to head into the metaphorical underworld to face the dragon.
    I hope that during my process i can chime in and post and dialouge with the community. I have spent alot if time reading many of the posts here concerning methadone detox.
    Just wanna say thank you to all how have shared thier experiences and have done this before me. Your info has really helped.look forward to chatting more!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey tko. Welcome to the forum! Congratulation on getting rid of the handcuffs. And on tapering down to 2.5mg. I don't know much about methadone but i know it's a beast. I tip my hat to you sir! You sound great and ready to start your clean life. Stay hydrated and active. Keep that positive mental outlook. Keep your head up and keep posting. It really helps to get it all out. We are great listeners.

Congratulations again and welcome!!!
    Beef

Have you seen the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal? Everything there will help you on your way. Minus the benzos unless you're already taking them under a doctors supervision. Here's a link

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...ent-35169.html
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Tko, welcome to the forum you have come to a great place for support. Congratulations on tapering down I know that takes a lot of strength. Methadone is a beast sounds like you have a great positive attitude. Drink plenty of water try to keep active try to avoid caffeine sugars.. Did I say drink plenty of water you definitely don't want to get dehydrated. I went cold turkey off the garbage at over 150mgs a day. I just couldn't taper its possible I'm now clean almost 16months with all the support here. If you have stomach issues I used liquid imodium as directed was a life saver. Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you.
    Again welcome to the forum...
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Tko500 is offline Banned

Thank you for your reply, as well as the link. I did read about and did research on the thomas recipe. And have procured the neccessary items.. Beyond the Thomas recipe I have been flooding my body with all it needs heal, mulitple supplements and multi vitamins, as well as several herbal supplements. I did stock up on bananas and potasium, as well as epsom salts and immodium. Plus i have been drinking gallons of water last week or so. Prior to this last week i have remained active in excersise thru work and yoga so should be set. And my diet has been nothing but good protien and lots of healthy veggies. Besides immodium i am doing this withdrawl drug free, barring unforseen conditions. Btw beefaroni is a great name!

Hello Tko, check out this thread some good stuff there...

https://www.drugs.com/forum/members/...e-1155696.html

Tko500 is offline Banned

@lvg nghtmare ty for the reply, and the info. I am very grateful. I cant believe you jumped at 150mg, that sounds like agony. Congratulations on your 16 months. Truly a gift for you to have earned and been blessed with! The best things in life are worth working for. Jumping off when you did, how long without sleep during your process?
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Hey Tko, it takes a long time for the body to get rid of the methadone for me all I did was stay in bed for way to long. Drink plenty of water and get and keep moving.
    Stay positive just think about it like you have the flu and can I promise you that This too shall pass. Keep posting here on support you.

Yes being clean is so much better than the chains no more running chasing that garbage. You can do this!!

Feelingit76 is offline Junior Member

You can do this!! It's a huge step just to decide that you want to get clean !! Great days are ahead!!!

Tko... You are truly an inspiration to me.
    Wow your posts to others here are so amazing..

Thank You....
    Tko500 likes this.

Tko500 is offline Banned

Thank you Lvg nghtmare. I appreciate that!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

You all keep me going...
    Thank you...

arwen1 is offline Junior Member

Tko500 your constant positivity and words of encouragement have helped me so much. Knowing you are going thru withdrawals yourself but are still able to be so positive. I'm sure your posts are helping many people.
    Feelingit76 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Tko500 is offline Banned

Hey arwen thank you. I am now 6 days since last dose and 5 days no dose. So def in it for sure. Part of my outlook is I reLly wanna be off methadone. Its been 7+ years for me. In that time i habe lived an average sober life, with family and hobbies and lots of good things, its a far cry away from my late 20's when my opiate addiction was severe. Going to by H everyday, while holding a job and struggling to make responsibilities, I suffered greatly back then. Methadone gave me a hand up and out on to stable legs. After year i started tapering, on no particular schedule, just every few months i stepped it down.
    Now a few years later the drug has no real effect or holds on my emotions anymore. And it hasnt in awhile. What kept me.on it this long was fear of change and fear of pain. Remembering H withdrawal did not help lol.. 2 weekends ago i did a 2 day practice run of stepping off to see what would happen. I had chills, sweats, intestinal trouble by the 2nd day. Went back on methadone, it was monday so i went back to work, and on tuesday decided i wanted off asap. There where multiple factors in decision, number 1 was doimg it when I wanted, on my decision, and not from unforseen circumstance, 2nd i was just ready. Now friday was my last dose and my symptoms have been easier than my test run the weekemd before. My conclusion is my mental state and fear created the withdrawal on during my test run. I knew it was temporary and i was going back so I fret about it and got myself sick.. pretty sure anyway.
    Now since i knew this was it and it was what i wanted symptoms have been suprisingly manageable. My sleep is shot to hell lol but i dont seem to mind so much, it is only temporary. So my positive outlook is because i really want this, i know im not alone on this forum, and i did it from a place of strength and was my choice. Just going thru a process. Walking a path step by step. No fear, no worry, just keeping busy, and cross x's of the calender.
    Lastly reading your story and others def makes an impact. Strength in numbers!
    Lvg nghtmare and Feelingit76 like this.

ChiefChe is offline Member

Did someone say metaphorical trip to the underworld to slay a dragon?? Hold up- let me grab my popcorn! I'm all about the underworld & the anticipation of this smack down has me on the edge of my seat. Thank you!! I mean that sincerely, Thank You for taking us along on your journey.

Light & Luv,

❤️
    Che
    Lvg nghtmare, Tko500 and arwen1 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey tko. I've been lurking in the shadows and keeping up with your story but haven't posted yet. I don't really know much about mdone other than its a real monster. For that I tip my hat to you!! You sound great and have an amazing outlook and and motivating and inspiring many with your posts to others. Keep it up and keep slaying the Dragon my friend!!!

*Grabs a handful of CC's popcorn when she's not looking.*

Have a great day!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare and arwen1 like this.

arwen1 is offline Junior Member

Hope your doing well Tko just checking in to see how your feeling? Stay positive reading your posts is always inspiring.