Kratom got its claws in me again
    NoMoreTomBomb is offline New Member

Default Kratom got its claws in me again

So after 5 months of being kratom free and being absolutely 100% clean of everything, I stupidly decided kratom would be a nice weekend addition, as I don't want to drink or do any other drugs...bad idea. I used previously for a year and a half of heavy unregulated use. Withdrawals were pretty nasty.
    I'm going on three weeks now, about 9g a day, and I'm getting paranoid about the hell I'm going to face. It's no where near the length of time or amount as last time, but if its anywhere near it I couldn't handle it in my current situation. I work 5 days a week 8-4 and am in my final semester of college...just picked up my cap and gown a couple hours ago. Obviously I don't have the time to go through a nasty withdrawal right now, but I also don't want to continue taking this stuff. I'm aware I'm probably psyching myself out by reading horror stories, but I decided to post here because frankly I just wanted to get it off my chest. And comments of support, suggestions, or even name calling are welcome. Three weeks isn't that long but if anyone had a similar usage pattern could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it. I feel so stupid thinking I could handle it haha but it's just how my story goes I guess.

Wavision is offline Member

Are you able to taper off of it?

How long did the wd last for you last time?

How much were you taking a day before and did you just stop cold turkey?

I mean I can taper but it's tough for sure. I was taking upwards of 30g a day for sure...didn't measure just scooped and rolled with it. Way too much though. Withdrawal last time was >>>> for a few days then just fatigue and depression lingering a while..probably what eventually got me to relapse.

froggy_069 is offline Member

Seems to me that tapering or CT may be your only two viable options. There are other ways you can handle this but they would not be ideal or in your best interests. I've had some experience in the past using kratom to come off other opiates but not enough to have to deal with withdrawal or anything like that.

I am curious though. Can you effectively taper off kratom? From what I thought I understood about it, it's at higher doses that it starts working on the mu receptors having the same effects as a true Opiate including dependency and withdrawal. I would think you could only taper so low before it stops behaving like an Opiate.

Anyhow, like I said, I don't have much experience with it. I've heard all sorts of stories however. How was your experience with withdrawal from it? I would imagine at higher concentrations for an extended period of time it wouldn't be much different from an Opiate withdrawal.

It felt a lot like opiate withdrawal. I was unable to do anything for like 5 days then just stuck with depression for a while after It got better gradually but it lingered for a long while. Hard to say because I've always had a little depression and anxiety issues. I had rls. Aches, depression, anxiety through the roof, zero energy, zero motivation, and even shortly contemplated suicide. I honestly don't think it will be as bad this time. I do think it's still gonna be a real bad time though.

OKC-26 is offline Member

Hey no more. I don’t know very much about kratom. So I can’t help you out much there. What I do know about it withdrawal though.. unfortunately haha. I think this is my 5th REAL attempt. There were tons of other 1-3 day attempts that I wasn’t real serious about. This one was sorta different for me than the previous. I’m not scared. I wasn’t scared. I won’t be scared. I’m welcoming it. There was never one single doubt in my mind that I wouldn’t get through this and there still isn’t. I’m not worried about feeling bad. I’m not worried about not sleeping. I could go on and on here but this post wasn’t meant to talk about me, it’s to let you know how important having a positive attitude and keeping your eyes on the prize is. Who cares if you feel like >>>> for a hand full of days? That’s a small drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your life my friend. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and take your life back!

I feel ya man. How long have you been done? I used only 6g today so far and quite honestly I feel better than I did yesterday at this time being at 9g. Going for 4 tomorrow 3 Friday and jumpin after my morning Friday dose. I just gotta man up ha it's the fear
    Of it that's probably going to be worse than the reality of it. Just got done with an insane workout...100 pullups 250 bodyweight squats and 105 burpees in 20 mins. Once my natural endorphins were flowing I felt unstoppable. I dunno I hope I don't regret this tomorrow haha. I'm an avid gym goer but these past few weeks I've been slacking on workouts and diet. That changed today... ate normally and worked out and I feel better. Thanks for the reply man and telling me to man up ha I'm doing just that.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-04-2018 at 09:26 PM.