Liberateuroots????
    roshambo is offline New Member

Default Liberateuroots????

I am a retired nurse. Been on Suboxone for over a decade. Lost my wallet with subs in it along with credit cards, license and miscellaneous items. Docs office was terrible about it. Had to go in for daily meds. Then see a new doc. Then was given a new rx for 2 weeks with no refill (have to call for one) instead of a month like I was originally on. I take 16 mg a day. I'm really wanting to be done with this BUT, I'm so scared of WD's! Especially after reading. . . I'm afraid I might have to use alternative meds or something else not legal in UT as back up or I won't make it. Bad attitude. I know. What do you think? ..... Addicts need to be careful using drug's like Lyrica or meds of the like when withdrawing because these meds are addicting as well. Anyway,, give advice please....thx much.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roshambo View Post
    I am a retired nurse. Been on Suboxone for over a decade. Lost my wallet with subs in it along with credit cards, license and miscellaneous items. Docs office was terrible about it. Had to go in for daily meds. Then see a new doc. Then was given a new rx for 2 weeks with no refill (have to call for one) instead of a month like I was originally on. I take 16 mg a day. I'm really wanting to be done with this BUT, I'm so scared of WD's! Especially after reading. . . I'm afraid I might have to use alternative meds or something else not legal in UT as back up or I won't make it. Bad attitude. I know. What do you think? ..... Addicts need to be careful using drug's like Lyrica or meds of the like when withdrawing because these meds are addicting as well. Anyway,, give advice please....thx much.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to be straight with you and tell you that absolutely NO ONE ever requires 16mgs of Suboxne daily. That's a fact. These sub doctors drive me mad. They have no idea what they're doing in almost every case. They are clueless and all they want is your money. They just take an 8 hour course and that's it. They are then allowed to prescribe Suboxone. Big Pharma instructs these doc's to place patients on as much s as possible and keep them on it for years. Disgusting.

Besides that Suboxone has a ceiling effect to it. Once you reach that ceiling taking more sub won't do a thing. You're wasting sub and wasting money. That ceiling differs in all of us, but is around 8mg. Once your blood levels reach that amount you're at the ceiling. Another reason 16mgs is a waste.

We have a taper plan used here by thousands successfully. Used it myself and it works great if followed closely. Here's the link to our plan below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post436333

Skip down to the tapering section. Basically you reduce your dosed by 25% every 4-7 days until you're down to at least .25mg daily.

IF I were you I would IMMEDIATELY reduce to 8mgs daily. You will not even feel the drop. And if you do it's just your head messing with you. Suboxone is one strong drug with a real long half life. A tiny bit goes a long way. Once you've tapered down to 1-2mg you'll discover that it will keep you'r wd's away just as the 26mg has. You'll see.

Save all your extra subs. You'll soon have enough to finish the entire taper and never have to see that doctor again!

Get started to getting off those sub by dropping to 8mg tomorrow. You'll be glad you did.

Randy