Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By B3An0N
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By B3An0N
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Looking for Catrina. Posts keep disappearing...
    B3An0N is offline New Member

Default Looking for Catrina. Posts keep disappearing...

Cat,

I am so glad you posted a thread back! It appears to have been deleted...? I lost so much hope not being able to find my thread and didn't have the energy to even say everything again... You're such a savior, thank you! I'll have to admit, your subject line is the first thing to put a smile on my face all day!

It's currently 5:40 PM and I'm going to take the 2mg dose now. Tomorrow I'll take the 1mg at 8 AM and again at 5 PM after work. I've felt very week all day and barely had the energy to even take my dog on a walk... Poor guy... I used to spend hours outside with him and could barely last 10 minutes... Having to go through this is definitely a motivator to never touch opiates again.

I'll continue to keep the thread updated as I go through this journey. It means a lot to have you and the forums support, I can't thank you enough, thank you!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by B3An0N View Post
    Cat,

I am so glad you posted a thread back! It appears to have been deleted...? I lost so much hope not being able to find my thread and didn't have the energy to even say everything again... You're such a savior, thank you! I'll have to admit, your subject line is the first thing to put a smile on my face all day!

It's currently 5:40 PM and I'm going to take the 2mg dose now. Tomorrow I'll take the 1mg at 8 AM and again at 5 PM after work. I've felt very week all day and barely had the energy to even take my dog on a walk... Poor guy... I used to spend hours outside with him and could barely last 10 minutes... Having to go through this is definitely a motivator to never touch opiates again.

I'll continue to keep the thread updated as I go through this journey. It means a lot to have you and the forums support, I can't thank you enough, thank you!
    Please don't let some of the glitches around here discourage you. Find my thread if all else fails and post there. (Catrina's Journey). I'll see it and respond. Do you know to watch the "notification" tab that will have a number appear under it if someone "likes" one of your posts?. It's at the top of the page on the bar with tabs labelled: "Welcome. Your name. Notifications". It's a simple way of knowing if someone has read and probably responded to you. If you click on it, it'll show the specific thread and if you click on that, it'll lead you right to that spot. Posts and threads have been disappearing for the past couple of days and it is annoying especially when you're in the spot you are right now and looking for someone to say something that might help. Anyway, we'll do whatever we have to keep track of one another. Who knows? Tomorrow there may be no issues at all around here.

OK. So you've decided to try and stay put at the 2mg even though you're still symptomatic? I really would encourage you to add just a little tomorrow, like 1/4 of a mg. If you decide against that, then you'll probably continue to feel like you do now for a couple/few days and it might take you longer than the 4 days that we hope for before you'll be ready to begin your reductions. DO NOT reduce until you are stable/symptom free. This again is your choice whether you want to take a little more or stick with the 2mg and push through until you feel better. That 1/4mg isn't much and it'll make things easier and that's why I suggested it. You would likely be ready to begin reducing sooner too because you'll get stable quicker. If you'd rather deal with things, that's OK just don't get in a hurry. Hold on tight and wait until you feel well. OK? Keep checking in and be sure to let us know how you're feeling. There is absolutely no sense in being sick when you're taking subs. That's the entire point. So even if your dose is a smidgen more than what you had hoped, it will extend your taper by perhaps a week or less. A small price to pay to avoid as much of the ugliness as you can. Yes?

Are you all set and know how to divide your doses so that they're accurate? I know I already asked that and sorry to repeat but it's important. There are ways to get even the smallest of doses close to exact and it's so important. How you feel, how much you should reduce, and when you should reduce all depend upon getting stable on a particular dose and if you are guessing even just a little, you'll be all over the place in no time. Get in the habit now of being as consistent as humanly possible with every part of dosing.

Some of this will be up to you while there are other things with the Sub taper that must be followed exactly. I'll try to be firm and let you know which are which. For now, your choice is to either feel a bit off and push through until you stabilize or increase your dose by 1/4mg tomorrow and feel better sooner. Right now it's your choice but all the rest of what I've shared really has to be followed carefully for your taper to go smoothly and be done with this mess as quickly as possible without putting yourself out of commission with being sick. If I, or anyone else, says something that confuses you or you don't totally understand, ask for clarification.

These first few days are the hardest and trickiest part of the Plan. Once you get stable and begin your reductions, you'll know what to expect and how you should be feeling. If I didn't already say so, be sure to check in regularly. It will help you to journal and be able to track your progress and you'll get lots of support and advice. Don't even hesitate to ask questions, to whine, to celebrate, whatever the spirit that's moving you.

Peace,

Cat
    B3An0N likes this.

LOL B3ANon. Bacon. Close enough. LOL Not even. Sure glad you figured it out though. Kinda like smoke signals!
    B3An0N likes this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-22-2017 at 02:27 PM.

I couldn't edit my previous post so here I am posting again...

Catrina,

I came across a few of your threads regarding your stories of quiting "cold-turkey" without the use of Subs and I must say, good job! This is exactly what I want! I hope it isn't too late considering I'm on my 3rd day of Subs but I just want out! If I need to go through a week of the flu and hell so be it! I do not want to take this Suboxone any longer, it is not for me whatsoever and has almost exacerbated every issue. I'll be taking the 1mg at around 6 PM and from there what do you recommend to get away from this as quick as possible? I already feel the need to take a Sub considering my symptoms but I'm going to wait as long as possible to get my blood levels somewhat stable.

I'm just worried I won't make it through.. Last Thursday night was absolute hell; I've never seen myself run around the house like that to get rid of the kicking feeling... Sitting down for 10s only to jump right back up and continue running around... The restless and crawling is absolutely brutal for me and gets me everytime...

Thanks!
    Catrina likes this.

I couldn't edit my previous post so here I am posting again...

Catrina,

I came across a few of your threads regarding your stories of quiting "cold-turkey" without the use of Subs and I must say, good job! This is exactly what I want! I hope it isn't too late considering I'm on my 3rd day of Subs but I just want out! If I need to go through a week of the flu and hell so be it! I do not want to take this Suboxone any longer, it is not for me whatsoever and has almost exacerbated every issue. I'll be taking the 1mg at around 6 PM and from there what do you recommend to get away from this as quick as possible? I already feel the need to take a Sub considering my symptoms but I'm going to wait as long as possible to get my blood levels somewhat stable.

I'm just worried I won't make it through.. Last Thursday night was absolute hell; I've never seen myself run around the house like that to get rid of the kicking feeling... Sitting down for 10s only to jump right back up and continue running around... The restless and crawling is absolutely brutal for me and gets me everytime...

Thanks!
    This is up to you. I think that you're having trouble because you need just a little bit more of the sub. So, that would be option one. You can try an extra 1/4mg and if it helps but you're still not feeling well, you can add another 1/4mg. This isn't the end of the world. Even if you had to go up to 3 or 4mg/day that's still a good starring dose.

You've read enough of my posts to know now that I'm a cold turkey advocate. Always have been. If you want to give that a whirl, then you should stop the subs immediately. Unfortunately, even though you've only taken them for a few days, it's going to delay your cold turkey detox. While usually going cold turkey from short acting opiates will find your symptoms peaking somewhere between 18 and 24 hours. Now that you have some sub in your system and even if you stopped right away,I don't think that your symptoms are going to peak for a couple of day. They'll kick in quickly enough because you haven't been taking the subs for long and thankfully, at a low dose. It's going to take a couple/three days unfortunately before your cold turkey symptoms are going to peak. From that point, you're going to feel like total cr*ap for around a week.

The worst symptom for me was the RLS. OMG It's horrible. You can try a potassium and a magnesium supplement. There's also a product out there called Hyland's Restless Legs or another called Calm Legs. Some people report that it helped them and others report it didn't. I didn't try either so I can speak to them myself. Frequent hot baths/showers is about the only relief you'll probably be able to find so spend as much time in the tub as possible. I also used two heating pads set on low on or around my legs. I'd move them around and put one on my lower back every now and again to soothe the aches. THAT did help me. Not perfect but it did give me a little relief.

Immodium, of course and get the liquid form because it seems to work better. Drink, drink, DRINK. Plain water, vitamin infused water, Gatorade, anything but avoid caffeine for a little while. It's easy to become dehydrated while detoxing and those symptoms mimic some of the detox symptoms and will make everything worse. So important--drink constantly.

Eat a protein rich diet. I had zippo for an appetite but I made protein shakes. I used almond milk, a little raw honey, berries, a banana, protein powder and ice cubes. Toss that all into a blender and you'll have a healthy meal that is easy to get down.

In 5-7 days, and in your case I'd count on being closer to the 7 because of the subs, the restless legs and aches should stop abruptly. You'll be left tired, lethargic, you'll still be needing the Immodium for a little longer too. And the sleep. Dang. During your week of detox, hide the clocks! They are your enemy and we can't resist constantly looking at them to see how much time had passed. I have no idea why that should be important, but it seems everyone does this. Prepare yourself to have little to no sleep. Get your Netflix ready, DVDSs, or binge watch some of your favorite series. I would spend hours during the overnight hours just sitting in front of my computer and reading thread after thread after thread. I'd post constantly. It just helps to unload even if it's to complain. We all know the drill around here and while you're detoxing if nothing else, you are completely entitled to whine and complain as much as you want to.

So what now? Let me know what you decide to do and I'll be on board with you for the entire ride. Decide quickly though because the more days you use those subs, the longer your detox is going to take. I'll be watching for your post and hope I see something tonight. I'll be around and checking.

Peace,

Cat
    B3An0N likes this.

Ohhhh here goes the crazy train again hahaha.... With the way I already feel I'm just counting down the minutes to feel the Suboxone freight train hit... Now I'm really wishing I didn't start the Subs in the first place and I would be feeling better by today... The anticipation of waiting for the withdrawals to hit is going to kill me. I need to function around people I work with as good as possible!

I have not taken any Suboxone in over 24 hours and already feel terrible but nothing like Thursday night which caused me to take Suboxone in the first place. I really hope I can get through the RLS because in all honestly those are what caused me to call it quits and take the Subs.

Earlier tonight I went and bought some good food and drinks, Tylenol, Hylands Restful Legs, and A LOT of bananas. Basically, I'm doing everything I can to keep the RLS at bay as much as I possibly can...

It's really quite demoralizing knowing I need to wait even longer until I even start to feel the real peak of withdrawals again but I'm telling myself I NEED to get through it. My desk job is going to be incredibly hard because out of all the symptoms; RLS is the devil to me.

I can't thank you enough Cat for all the support and advice so far! I'm going to keep a log start now with days clean and how I feel... Come day 3 I probably won't be doing very well but I can only hope it gets better from there!

---

Day 1 - 24 Hours w/o Suboxone

Have been depressed all day, very tried, and starting to feel anxiety and restlessness. I seem to get RLS quite frequently and I can already feel it. This symptom drives me the most crazy.... Not looking forward to the next 3 days considering how bad I already feel... Here we go!!! I can do this!!!

Ohhhh here goes the crazy train again hahaha.... With the way I already feel I'm just counting down the minutes to feel the Suboxone freight train hit... Now I'm really wishing I didn't start the Subs in the first place and I would be feeling better by today... The anticipation of waiting for the withdrawals to hit is going to kill me. I need to function around people I work with as good as possible!

I have not taken any Suboxone in over 24 hours and already feel terrible but nothing like Thursday night which caused me to take Suboxone in the first place. I really hope I can get through the RLS because in all honestly those are what caused me to call it quits and take the Subs.

Earlier tonight I went and bought some good food and drinks, Tylenol, Hylands Restful Legs, and A LOT of bananas. Basically, I'm doing everything I can to keep the RLS at bay as much as I possibly can...

It's really quite demoralizing knowing I need to wait even longer until I even start to feel the real peak of withdrawals again but I'm telling myself I NEED to get through it. My desk job is going to be incredibly hard because out of all the symptoms; RLS is the devil to me.

I can't thank you enough Cat for all the support and advice so far! I'm going to keep a log start now with days clean and how I feel... Come day 3 I probably won't be doing very well but I can only hope it gets better from there!

---

Day 1 - 24 Hours w/o Suboxone

Have been depressed all day, very tried, and starting to feel anxiety and restlessness. I seem to get RLS quite frequently and I can already feel it. This symptom drives me the most crazy.... Not looking forward to the next 3 days considering how bad I already feel... Here we go!!! I can do this!!!
    Yes!! You absolutely can do this. I promise you can. Get your head in the right place and get out that bring it on attitude. Keep reminding yourself that the only way to get to the other side is is walk straight through it. I wish there were, but there's no short cuts. Believe me, if there were, I would have found them..

Take care of yourself. Right now, this is all about you. Every second, every minute and every hour. All about you. I know that none of us want or can't take time off from work but honestly, this is too important so if the choice is to either relapse or call out and stay home then stay home! The world won't end. If you got sick tonight with a bad case of the flu, then you'd stay home and your co-workers would be glad you did. No harm in using this little white lie. Cough, cough.

I'll be sure to keep checking in on you and you be sure to keep updating. Here we go! One week from tonight you're going to be past the RLS (thank God!!). I agree that that's the single most brutal symptom and was most often the reason I relapsed. Funny thing (no haha) is that we keep hoping that it will begin to subside after a few days and it's so discouraging when it doesn't. Every single time I detoxed cold turkey, that was one of the symptoms that didn't resolve gradually. It was brutal and would have me near tears and then on the morning of Day 5, it just disappeared. Gone! Just like that. So, remember that. Just because you aren't seeing gradual improvement doesn't mean that you aren't making progress. Quite literally, one minute it was in full force and in the next, it was gone. After that and for a few weeks, at night I would sometimes get the sensation that it was going to kick up again but within just a few minutes it passed and never did reappear. Whew!

The train is leaving the station. Hang on tight. Even though it won't feel like it in the coming days, put things in perspective. It's going to be around one week of being sick but at the end of that, you'll be back in control of your life and can work on staying clean.

I guess I have to say this: I'm glad that you made this decision. You won't be sorry Well. Maybe for the next few days you're going to be sorry that you're feeling so poorly but after that, instead of having to face weeks of a taper and possibly not feeling all that great anyway, you'll instead by squeaky clean and ready to take on the world to be sure that you stay that way.

Peace,

Cat