Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
Lost my written prescription
    CRob44 is offline New Member

Default Lost my written prescription

went to the doc yesterday to refill my clonozapam, i take half a milligram once a day for RLS.
    I also got my first script for testosterone cypionate. I was going to get the prescription and then have the nurse
    on monday inject it. I guess thats why i was slow in not filling it when i got the script thursday afternoon.
    I layed it on the lower dash in the middle of the car.
    I worked 10 hours friday and then went to a tennis match. I drove home and noticed the scripts were not there.

Now what do i do. Do I call the pharmacy or the doc or both. The doc won't be back in until monday. Will I need to make another visit because clonozapam is a narcotic?

Ive never had any problems before and for whatever reason, I see nothing when i google lost prescriptions. Only thing i see is people trolling people

If stolen, why would anyone steal it? It has my name, my doc name on it and I think even has rite aid on it, but not sure about that.

Everything i fill a script, My doc asks my name, and then for my birthdate. Everyonce in awhile he will ask for ss number.

So there is a zero chance it was stolen and filled?

Im hoping thats the answer so my doc will give me another script especially since Ive never lost any before and he trust me, i think.

Sorry if i didnt word everything right, im tired and ready for bed.

Im on wellcare in kentucky and i think the test was even gonna be covered. I heard if i get a new script, it won't be, but not sure.

I already know the clonozapam is. I still think its stupid i need to make a visit every other month just for that also, but thats not my main purpose of this post.

My mom is currently screaming at me asking how i can be so stupid to leave the script in the middle of the car.

It's simple, i leave my keys in, and even other items, never had anything stolen before. Alot of better things to steal in my car than a prescription that I don't think they can fill.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

People would steal those for the clonazepam itself as it has street value. You could try the pharamcist and ask him to see if anyone has filled it. Call your doc. How long have you been on the clonazepam? Are you out? You need to contact your doctor concerning this.

Good luck,

Peace,

Iloerose

well my pharmacist personally knows me so no he wouldn't fill it for anyone else
    plus he always asks last 4 digits of ss number and date of birth regardless if he knows me or not.

No im not out and not worried about needing to be on a med.

Just worried about it being stolen, if it is even stolen.

Not sure if that script can be taken somewhere else by someone or not

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRob44 View Post
    well my pharmacist personally knows me so no he wouldn't fill it for anyone else
    plus he always asks last 4 digits of ss number and date of birth regardless if he knows me or not.

No im not out and not worried about needing to be on a med.

Just worried about it being stolen, if it is even stolen.

Not sure if that script can be taken somewhere else by someone or not
    If your date of birth and address was on the script, then it would be easy for someone to fill it. They'd simply memorize your DOB and address and give it to the pharmacist when asked. I'm not saying that happened but it's possible. My doc used to always put my DOB and address on all my scripts. If your script was stolen, they could tell the pharmacist they're "picking it up for you".

Just tell your doc what happened. I'm sure it will work out.
    Kat

grrr, no my dob is not on the script or address

im saying someone could have the script and fill it anywhere

im being told on other forums, u can take a script anywhere and get it filled as long as they know the dob of the person

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Don't worry about someone else filling it ..
    That is not your problem..
    If someone presents as you and gets it filled..
    You are not responsible for others actions..
    Unfortunately you lost it or had it stolen..
    Whichever they believe that is where your responsibility ends..
    You can't control others behavior..

It would be like you dropped it on the street and if someone turned it in or filled it ..
    Their behavior is on them.
    One is criminal
    One is not..

You can file a police report ..
    That would solidify everything with your insurance..
    Iluv2

not again,

I don't have insurance

I just called the doc,

clonozopam and testosteron cypionate are both controlled substances and I can't get a new prescription until april 1st. He will lose his license if he did and was found out. Just what Im told

I will go to some overseas place online and buy it i guess.

I have 5 pills left and i cut them in half . I take clonozopam for restless leg syndrome and i believe noone in the world has rls worse than me.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRob44 View Post
    not again,

I don't have insurance

I just called the doc,

clonozopam and testosteron cypionate are both controlled substances and I can't get a new prescription until april 1st. He will lose his license if he did and was found out. Just what Im told

I will go to some overseas place online and buy it i guess.

I have 5 pills left and i cut them in half . I take clonozopam for restless leg syndrome and i believe noone in the world has rls worse than me.
    Well that's just absurd. If you've never had an incident like this happen before, I don't see what the big deal is. Your doc could check to see if you filled it and realize you didn't. It's very dangerous to stop taking benzos suddenly. There is a high risk of seizures. I assume your doctor knows this.

I can't believe he's gonna let you go cold turkey. That's outrageous. And lose his license for what exactly? For helping a patient who had a script stolen?! Come on. That's silly.

I'm really sorry this happened.

Kat

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

File a police report that it was stolen. Ur doc is prolly paranoid due to the crackdown on controlled substances. U left it in ur car, its gone. Same as stolen. The dr seems unusually skittish, he could have checked on the state database to see if it was filled. Thats exactly what the cops will do. Goingcold turkey off benzos after a long run can be FATAL my friend. Hope this helps

how can a doc check to see if its filled????

no they can't or at least he can't.

maybe things are different in kentucky.

You have to go to the doc every month to get a script for clonozopam.

Now your acting like I will die. I don't know what to do now.

got a funny feeling, the receptionist didnt even talk to the doc, just looked up something her self . No idea, just guessing.

I don't want to do a police report. If i did, then what? Call doc office and said i did a police report, now fill it?????

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Yes
    If it was stolen file a police report than the dr is coverered too..
    I had to do this with methadone.
    Kentucky is no different

Btw

No one is telling you you are going die..
    I don't get why you are being rude to the people you asked and are trying to help you..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-02-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Yes
    If it was stolen file a police report than the dr is coverered too..
    I had to do this with methadone.
    Kentucky is no different

Btw

No one is telling you you are going die..
    I don't get why you are being rude to the people you asked and are trying to help you..

This is your absolute best advice.... Get a police report. Take it ( don't call ) to physician. " iluv2smile" is correct. You have done the right thing, the physician will see this with report. And he is covered as well. I would be very surprised if he didnt write you another. The Police report is what's going to make the difference...............5 years ago. He maybe would have just written you another. But times have changed. The country wide epidemic with narcotics has pretty much closed the lid on writing scripts. What is sad. Is that those who really need these meds to function. Are being treated like drug abusers. And for the most part physicians do not care.