Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Vbbrcis
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 4 Post By Gwen Olsen
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Vbbrcis
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Vbbrcis
Me too. I need people to talk to. Withdrawal.
    Vbbrcis is offline New Member

Default Me too. I need people to talk to. Withdrawal.

Short story. Drank most of my life. I'm 49 now. Drank because of depression from a very young age. Been sober from alcohol for 7 years. In the last 4 years I've picked up another addiction. Oxycodone....I get a script from my osteo doctor every month and I take them in about 2 weeks. Then withdrawal. Its been going on for so long my life mentally has become a wreck. I want / have to do it alone for multiple reasons. I'm on day three now and the restless legs are over. Its the mind fog and depression that are really getting to me. I'm just looking for a few people I can reach out to and be honest with. Thank you in advance.
    OKC-26 and gomphrena like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey vbbrcis. Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on day 3. We can definately help you get through your withdrawls. But I gotta ask what are your plans moving forward? Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Or are you just biding your time until your next appt? No judgements either way. But you have to really want this for yourself. More than anything else in the world. It's gonna be tough, but it is doable and I can tell you for a fact that being clean is waaaayyyyy better than I could have ever hoped for, and now I'm actually in less pain than I ever was when I was using. The pills lie!!

Welcome again!! Keep posting and reading, it really helps!!
    Beef
    ForMe30 and gomphrena like this.

Gwen Olsen is offline New Member

Hi, I am a new member and came here to find people in a similar situation as me. Congrats on making the decision to get sober! The first week is hell, not gonna lie. You will get through it and you're already 3 days in! When I first got my Rx, I did the same. I'd go through a month of meds in 3 weeks, suffer for a week and start over. After few years of this, I forced myself to ration them better and that's what I did for the next 12 years. I've been on opiates for about 15 years (I'm 52). I'm not going to list all of my diagnoses here, but I have a lot of pain issues in my neck, back, shoulders and hips. March 29 was my last day taking my opiate prescription and had the usual W/D symptoms that almost everyone else does. After a week, I started feeling better. It's been a month and my body feels like it is finally, truly, free of it and it's starting to return to normal. It's scary being out here without the crutch. I don't really want to be around other people and some days I have energy and motivation and others I could sit on the couch all day and do nothing. I'm hoping with more time, I have fewer of those days. My husband doesn't get it, he's never been addicted to anything so I can't really talk to him about it. The key for me, at this point in my recovery, is drinking a lot of water, massage, sauna (portable/collapsable one from Amazon...worth the money to help detox and well being) and walking. I'm motivated to do most of these things except going out to walk. Even though I know it helps, I don't feel like it. It seems like a huge chore. Hang in there, we'll get through this and come out much better for it on the other side. It's a journey...lol, but I believe it's one worth taking!

I feel like I did when I got sick and tired of alcohol. Meetings suck for me but I knew the tools I learned at AA were priceless. So yes....I am ready. Big time. Today at midnight will be 4 days. Brain fog and heaviness along with a little depression is where I'm at now.

Thanks Gwen. The pill merry go round has had such a grasp on me. I want to beat that demons ass. That how I was taught to look at the alcohol addiction. A little demon inside me and when not active he's working out just getting stronger and waiting for a slip up. Again...thank you very much.

Congratulations on another clean day. I know you're in the thick of it right now. Just get through one day at a time. Have you seen the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal? Give it a google. Everything there will help you on this journey. Minus the benzos unless you're already taking them under a doctor's supervision. Hot baths/showers, heating pads, bananas for rls. Eat a protein rich healthy diet with lots of veggies, and hydrate!! Water and gatorade, as much as you can handle. It will help to flush the garbage from your body. Get up and get active!! Walks, jumping jacks, anything to get the endorphins flowing will make you feel better. Sleep will be an issue for a while. But there's a few things that may help. I made a strong cup of sleepy time tea and washed down 2 valerian root capsules or 5mg of melatonin. Sometimes it would induce sleep, sometimes not. But it would relax me at the least. There's also u nisom and other non prescription sleeping aids you can try.

Keep a positive mental outlook and just know that we are here for you and this is all normal and part of the process and it will pass in time. We didn't get here in one day, so it's gonna take some time for our bodies to heal.

Keep up the good work!!
    You can do this!!
    Beef
    OKC-26 likes this.

Ok..day six and I've been doing pretty ok. I finally got some good long sleep over the weekend. Restlessness is all but gone. My craving is still around but I'm staying on top of it. I took my dogs for a walk yesterday. First time in months. The sunshine was so nice even though it was under 40 degrees still. Thank you all for your support. V
    ForMe30 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Day nine. It's ok if I'm writing to myself. Lol...my energy is returning. My brain fog is starting to lift. Mornings(which are actually evenings because I work night shift) have gotten way better. Usually getting out of bed was a nightmare. My dogs are enjoying me feeling better due to a few walks I gave them. I was wondering if anyone has tried Valerian root? I still have waves of anxiety before I go to work and was wondering if Valerian root may help that..
    .thanks...Vince

faith346 is offline New Member

Vbbrcis, congratulations on day 9. I'm dat 10 and I think my energy is better today. I to feel better in the mornings. I know nothing about the Valerian root.

Congratulations. Things starting to get a bit better I see. That's great. I took Valerian Root during my detox to help induce sleep. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. But at the bare minimum it would relax me and calm me down. I've read it has anti anxiety effect similar to valium but it is not addictive or habit forming. Give it a try, see if it helps the anxiety. It's definately worth a shot!!

Have a great day!!
    Beef
    thefigurehead likes this.

Day 11....

Darn...I just wrote a nice long post and I lost it some how. I'm at day 11 and I am doing well. I still have the urge for that immediate high, but the urge is way less stronger. I went fishing today for the first time in years. It felt amazing!!!! My poochies are loving the walks. There's been like 5 walks. Now....what I know I need is getting to some meetings. I'm going to go to AA because I have friends there and the idea is the same. Thank you all for your support....Vince
    JustAnotherAddict and OKC-26 like this.

Well done Vince, 11 days is awesome. It’s great that you’re feeling so much better. Not suggesting it’s been easy for you at all but you’re really lucky to be feeling so good so soon. Never take a chance again. When you get those cravings just take a look at some of the horror stories of people struggling to quit. I’m one of those people. I wish I was where you are now. I’m going to do my best to try and get there. I’m on Subs and am finding things quite difficult. Anyway, it’s always good to read a positive story, it gives me hope.