Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
Methadone to suboxone
    Troopant is offline New Member

Default Methadone to suboxone

Hello all,
    I have been on methadone for 11years now highest dose 210mg down to 70. I had privelages but recently lost them because they started testing for alcohal. I do have an alcohal problem. I went to see a doc a about suboxone and he wants me to go 5days clean from methadone. I read alcohal will take the methadone out of my body very fast so to stay at my clinic just in case I dosed 60mg yesterday (Fri 10am) and 40 today I dosed myself. I drank some vodka today, hoping to get the done out faster (probably excuse) I plan on no dose tomorow untill Wed morning no done or alcohal. He gave me cholnidiene 0.1mg 2 at night. gabapentin 300mg 1@ 3 times a day and at night as needed. Also a blood pressure med and my suboxone for day of visit. So if I do this right dose 40mg today. Sounds dumb but I drank (not with any of these pills) maybe that helps pull the done out of my body. So total of 96 hours after last dose. Any knowledge on this. I read alot about being on 30mg before doing this. He said if it gets to bad take my done and he will calculate a oxycodone dose comparable to my done dose for 3days, then try the suboxone. My biggest problem so far without major wds is anxiety. It's been along time since I been in full blown we. Any advice or input would be great. Reading some of these stories kills me. Addiction is a >>>>>.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello troopant welcome to the forum. Grrr Methadone is an awful drug. You have been on an extremely high dose for a good amount of time. I will tell you there's no magical pill to get you through the withdrawal process. Like you said Alcohol an excuse you bet for me I'm an addict any mind mood altering chemicals I want more I have no self control how I ended up here. What's your plan moving forward? Sub taper to be free and clean from drugs and alcohol... keep reading and posting we are all here to support you...

Hello thank you for the reply I had about a quarter of what I would normal drink and dumped it. I'm loading up on water greens bananas and chicken before this kicks in hard . Doc have me those pills so I will try those when it gets bad. I have methadone in the house I'm having someone pick up to get it out of here. I will have 96 hours till my induction on to suboxone if I can. Follow this plan. From 70mg. Today only 30 tomorow no done. Thank u for caring. It means alot
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey there, I've been trying to figure out how to send you a link to Robert subtaper plan and the cows worksheet have no idea how to do that I'm sure someone will be by to help support you. You can go to the sub forum there's a sticky on top. I do know you have to be in withdrawals before induction if not you will be sick. Methadone stays in the system a very long time. Hang in there weekends are slow here but there will be others stopping by to support you.

thank u it's slowly starting to creep up. I believe I'm supposed to be down to 30 mg I took less and less last 2days and I have all those other meds to get to Wed morning
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

942 am I woke up every few hours sweating in aches took a gabbapentin helped a little but I know there is methadone in my system still. It's starting to hurt now like I'm sawaying while I'm having a cig. Full on aches havnt hit yet

Hey there everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process. Believe me it took me a very very long time to rid my body of the Methadone. So accepting that fact try to take a positive attitude I know you are saying I have no idea how you are feeling but I do thought I was dying. I whined and complained here to everyone thank God for this forum it passed like a kidney stone but this too shall Pass I promise you..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Did u do the switch to subs?

No I quit coldturkey from massive amounts of methadone and diluads.. I'm not sure if I had to do it over I might have tried to taper as not to be such a shock on my system,but I really don't think for me I'm an addict I couldn't have done it. I felt I should first try to quit coldturkey and I can say just for today 15 months free and clean off the garbage... Ohhhh soooofree from the chains that held me down for 30 years.... if you dare read my thread.. as awful as it was today I'm clean and alive I'm just Living Life no handcuffs...

Read some threads here Randy's is one of the first threads I read he went from Methadone to subtaper to now years clean. Another I read was dopesicks thread but he had dropped off. There are many here that did Roberts subtaper plan with success if Done Correctly.. so it's really where your head's at ya know.i also believe you will benefit from face to face support... Keep reading and posting...I'm sure Randy will be by soon to share his experience strength and hope...

I couldn't imagine cold turkey after 30 years of all that I'm at 12 years. I will read some more threads. I'm ready to do this but definitely need the anxiety meds. This methadone has messed up my brain for so many years.

Congrats I don't think I can do it cold turkey, that's amazing. I'm scared to read your thread maybe the end the good part. Lol

Yes it's sooo worth it. Don't get anxious really Honestly now looking back for me the withdrawals was the easy part it's the Mental journey was tough that's where face to face other addicts that could identify will all we go through. It's like the bad flu you will survive I sure did get on here whine and complain we have all been there. I will tell you that you need to quit the alcohol and any other mind mood altering chemicals if you want to be clean, healthy... let me know what you decide...

Hang in there Draven will be by to send you the link to the threads..

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey Troopant, welcome to the forums! Good on you for wanting to get control of your life again. I'll leave a link at the bottom of this post to Robert's Sub taper plan that Lvg mentioned, and also see if I can find a link to the COWS worksheet for you. If I can I'll leave that as well.

The Sub taper plan has worked for so many people, so hopefully it can help you as well. Know that you'll get a lot of support on here, we've all been through it in some way or another, so are here for each other. Keep posting and letting us know how things are going!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

I think you'll just have to google the "COWS worksheet" and it should come right up for you. I can't find it on here, and don't think we can leave a link to another site. When I google it though it comes right up, so I'm sure you can find it that way!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Really starting to get shoulder pain. I usually am in full withdrawal but I think the meds he have me are helping. It's slowly getting worse. I read the sun taper plan. I'm hoping 96hrs from last dose is enough. He made it seem like I'll be in and out of his office in 30 mins. I pray 96 hrs is enough off of 70mg. Thank u for the support.

Like Draven said Google the cows work sheet. Believe me you don't want to go into precipitated withdrawals you will be sick.

You should not be taking all the comfort meds gaba, alcohol oxys?
    Read the threads here your doctor doesn't sound like he knows what he is doing. I'm no doctor but I know that combo is going to throw you into awful withdrawals. You need to be off all that garbage before your induction... please read some others here.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troopant View Post
    Really starting to get shoulder pain. I usually am in full withdrawal but I think the meds he have me are helping. It's slowly getting worse. I read the sun taper plan. I'm hoping 96hrs from last dose is enough. He made it seem like I'll be in and out of his office in 30 mins. I pray 96 hrs is enough off of 70mg. Thank u for the support.

Hi Troopant -

I'll let you know right up front that MOST of these Suboxone doctors haven't a clue what they are doing. They haven't taken subs, and all they need to do is take a very simple 8 hour course and they are then allowed to prescribe Suboxone freely. Big Pharma comes in and instructs these doctors to put patients on huge doses of sub and attempt to keep them on it for years, and the rest of the patients life if possible. It's a huge money maker for these doctors. And I'm sorry to say but it doesn't sound like your doctor knows what he/she is doing here.

First of all you always want to be using the Cows score as Draven mentioned. It doesn't matter one bit how much TIME you have waiting in wd's to induct. The Cows lets you know when it's SAFE to take the sub and not go into precipitated wd's which you want to avoid at all costs. Here's the link to the Cows...

https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/defa...rawalScale.pdf

Once you've completely stopped taking the Methadone and wd's begin, you score your symptoms as per the Cows. When your cumulative score reaches at least 26 or higher you know you are all set to go ahead with the induction. Take the sub too soon and you could be sicker than you can possibly imagine in PWD's.

Draven also provided the link to our Suboxone Therapy Plan for you to read over. I highly recommend you do that as that is what we follow closely. And one thing that is of the utmost importance here....During the time after you have stopped the Methadone and waiting in wd's so you can take he sub you DO NOT want to be taking anything that would make you feel better. The entire point of this is to be sick enough in wd's so you can induct safety. If you take any meds or supplements that hold off the wd symptoms it will unnecessarily delay your Cows score and make you suffer longer than you need to. So no Tylenol, Motrin, Clonidine, etc, etc, etc during this very important time.

Read over the sub plan and take a look at the Cows. If you follow the process closely you'll do fine. Ask all the questions you have. I'll do my best to be around.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Stop the chonidine and the anxiety meds? I will stop them see how much worse I feel. I know by Wed I'm gonna be a 26 or higher. I get what u are saying I did read that I'll try to stop talking the meds see how I feel. I'll keep u posted. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-14-2018 at 06:41 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey troopant. Welcome to the forum. I know I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to say congratulations and not to worry about this. You have recieved excellent suggestions from lvg, Randy, and Draven. Subs are a great tool IF USED PROPERLY. Just like the sub taper plan recommends. Follow that plan and listen to what these amazing people tell you and you'll have no problems. You only want to do this once.

I got on subs around 5 years ago to help me get off a nasty oxy habit. At first I thought it was a miracle drug. It allowed me to function and not worry about pills. I didn't know anything really about it though. I was prescribed 16 mg/day. Which is ridiculous. No human being needs 16 mg/day. But like Randy said, that is what most of the sub doctors do. And not once in 5 years did he ever talk about tapering me down. So I started tapering myself when I was sick of the subs running my life. I got down to 1 mg/day and I thought I was good to go. I stumbled onto this site on day 11 of my w/d wondering why I wasn't feeling better. I hadn't seen the taper plan yet and had no idea how strong the subs are. So I rode out the storm, it was a grueling journey with a lot of ups and downs but I made it through. On Tuesday I will be 4 months clean!!! It's the best thing I have ever done!! And it keeps getting better every day.

I will tell you for certain that the taper plan works. Follow it and don't look back. You'll be so proud of yourself. I'm already proud of you for taking that first step to free yourself of the handcuffs. It has helped thousands of members get clean. There are so many great threads on here to give you some perspective and strength. Check out uncleleo's thread. Randy's is another great one to read. Ooh and Ming, that's another good one. I read most of the threads on here still active during my detox. It helped keep my mind occupied on those long sleepless nights.

Again welcome, and keep posting to keep us updated on your progress

You can do this

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank u I will keep posted I'm restless I took the pills doc gave me so it miserable but tolerable now. I'll post at 48hr mark. Thanks everyone

Flying by to check in on you...

I took video of friend dumping all my methadone down the toilet. My house is a disaster and I'm sick but the gabapentin is saving my life

Your not the only one who took pics of the funeral.. we are crazy addicts eh.
    Good for you I'm proud of you my friend.. keep me posted....

Honestly I told my doc I took half hose for he pushed me back insisting I need 5days for the switch
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

It's been since saturday 30mg, I been taking alot Of the gabapentin and some larazapan and cholnidiene. My legs and back were shooting pain you guys know flipping around kicking legs last night so I took ibuprofen and another gabapentin. I know I shouldn't be taking these but I'm going to have 5 days since last domes. I won't take them the day before I go thurs

Thanks for looking out for me, means alot

It's a shame they put kids on methadone. 18yr kids and 1st time I was 16 they put me on it in tucson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast