Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 68
Like Tree44Likes
Methadone taper
  1. #1
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default Methadone taper

    After struggling with a relapse I made the conscious decision to get help. Rehab was not really an option between work and school and also not really wanting EVERYONE knowing I had relapsed. I debated my options and decided to go the methadone route using a clinic. My highest dose was 80mg once a day, which to some may not seem like a crazy amount but methadone is methadone. I had made the decision that at my 6 month mark I would begin a regimen taper, as long as I was mentally stable with no relapse behaviors. Six months came and I knew I was ready, even though the little voice in the back of my head was scared to stop having something to depend on daily, but I bit the bullet and decided to start my taper. I did the math behind the half life of the methadone in my system and figured out, what I believe to be the best way to taper. Every 21 days I drop 3 mgs. By allowing 21 days to go by with each drop it gives my body 1 week to actually get to the 3mgs lower, then gives me one week to stabilize on the lower dose and then one week for my body to recover and be ready to drop again. I am currently down to 9mgs once a day and I can honestly say I have not felt any withdrawal symptoms with the drops. Once I get down to 3mgs I will do 3mgs for 21 days, then 2mgs for 21 day and finally 1mg for 21 days and then off completely. I can't comment on what it will feel like when I finally get down to 1mg and then drop off but I can says doing the 3mg drop every 21days from 80mgs down to 9mgs today has been 100% ok and comfortable!! I also know that if you are on a much higher dose like 200mgs you can drop more mgs at a time but still wait 21 days between the drop and should be ok but once you get to a lower dose you need to go down a smaller amount once you get to a lower base dose. The best advice I can give is take your time, don't be in a rush to drop and don't start your taper until YOU are ready otherwise you will set yourself up for failure. I hope this post gives someone hope that methadone can help you and you can come off comfortably if you are mentally ready and do it right. My prayers to all those still suffering and those who have lost the battle. God bless!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  2. #2
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Update: I am now currently at 6mg's once a day. I have felt slightly off with this 3mg drop. However, I also have colitis and celiacs and had a bad flare up a week prior to the drop, so I believe my feeling off is more so from the colitis than the drop. Definitely nothing compared to intense withdrawal, i just feel a little low on energy. No cold sweats, nausea, loose bowl movements etc. Just a bit fatigued. I will try to update with each drop to hopefully help someone who might be wanting to detox off the methadone or for those who are still fighting the good fight of sobriety and want to go the methadone route but are afraid of then coming off the methadone. If you're reading this and have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  3. #3
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Update: After being on 6mgs for 21 days I began to feel withdrawal symptoms abou t 12 hours after dosing getting worse towards the morning. The w/d symptoms were pretty mild though. Basically slightly sweaty palms, goosebumps here and there, some fatigue and feeling a bit antsy...nothing nearly unbearable. If c/t off opiates is a level 10 discomfort I would place this at a level 2-3. I am now down to 5mgs, I decided to alter my taper to 1mg every 21 days for the remaining time. I also found out that I am not longer testing positive for methadone at the 24hour mark...which a counselor said "congrats!!" to lol. I will continue updating with each drop. As a side note I just ordered a supplement called "vitadone" I had never heard of it until now but it's apparently specifically for those using methadone. The biggest reviews are that it stops the excessive sweating and fatigue...I am excited for it to arrive and try it! If anyone has used vitadone please tell me about it!! God bless
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  4. #4
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Update: I dropped down to 4mgs once a day on 2/23/18 (friday)..first day i did not notice much of a difference. The second day I was having difficulty sleeping, manly because I couldn't shut my brain down and had a little discomfort in the middle of my back. Sunday and Monday I experienced heightened anxiety and my hands were clammy....uncomfortable but no where's near the discomfort of cold turkey w/d! Tuesday i began to feel more normal again and was able to sleep decently. Today is Wednesday 2/28/18 and I seem to have officially stabilized on the 4mgs. I'm hopeful that the same will be said for my final jump off of 1mg because I can definitely handle this! I also want to add that I have not touched any form of drugs or alcohol, other than my daily methadone dose, in two years. I am not utilizing any form of narcotic drugs to aid in the taper. The only things I've been taking is *vitadone (supplement) and the past two nights I took *vistorol to help with anxiety and sleep (prescribed by my doctor...it is basically benadryl lol). I don't know if anyone is reading my posts but I'll keep posting in hopes of helping myself stay focused and hopefully to help ease someone's mind at some point.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  5. #5
    arwen1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Hey Wordsofhope as long as you taper slowly it will make the withdrawals less intense. I have had no done for 4 days I jumped off at 5 mls. I struggle daily but it's all worth it for the end result being free from methadone. You can do this read some of the other inspiring stories on here it always helps me. Good luck and stay positive you can do this.

  6. #6
    ChiefChe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Hey Words,

    Dropping by to let you know I'm reading! I'm so proud of what you have accomplished & I know you are too! It makes all the difference in the world when you take charge of your own sobriety. It ain't easy but Holy cow is it so worth it.

    Keep steppin one foot in front of the other. So excited for you!

    Much Luv & Respect,

    ❤️
    Che
    Lvg nghtmare and arwen1 like this.

  7. #7
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi Arwen, that is so awesome that you're 4 days off!! I'm really looking forward to being off..not so much because I'm "tied to the clinic, because I have not had one dirty urine since starting at the clinic so I have monthly take homes..but because I just don't want to be locked into anything! I just want to be free! I think right now the hardest part is being scared of the final jump, soley because I fear I'll have some unbearable w/d lol. I've tried looking for some success stories but I get discouraged because people either talk about how hard and painful it was or they talk about utilizing some other drugs to get through the withdrawal of the methadone. It's so great to have a reply on here, I was starting to think I was just talking to myself lol. Would you mind telling me about your final jump? How fast you tapered? How you're feeling etc? You're absolutely awesome for getting through 4 days!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  8. #8
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi Che, thank you so much for you're words of encouragement, it means more than you know to have someone reading and tracking my progress. I can't begin to say how proud of myself I am, I've been pushing through and sticking to my plan. From day one of my taper until now I haven't allowed my my or emotions to get in my way. I've dealt with a career change, the death of my grandfather and just daily stresses without turning to drugs or using those things as a "reason" to stop my taper or up my dose...to those who aren't addicts that might seem like nothing..but for those of us who are, we know that's a big step forward in being in control and in a good head space! I've thought many times about just trying to jump off now but I feel like that's the my addict "instant gratification mind" so I've decided to stick to my plan and follow through how I decided to from the start. I hope all is well with you and thank you again for your words!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  9. #9
    arwen1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I tapered 2.5 every 3 weeks. I jumped off at 5. I think the hardest part is the mental side of things and trying not to psych yourself out. I tell myself everyday I can do this and push myself. The withdrawals are intensnse but if you keep a positive mindset it's helps so much. I have been on and off methadone since I was 19 I am 37 now. I have struggled with addiction for 20 years. But for 2 years I have not thought about using and still don't even though I'm going thru withdrawals. You can do this stay strong. Don't fear the withdrawals I feared them so much it stopped me from getting off methadone for years. I have tried before but this time is different. I really want this and it sounds like you do to. Sending lots of positivity and strength your way. Keep going and the end result will be so worth it. You should be so proud of yourself.

  10. #10
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arwen1 View Post
    I tapered 2.5 every 3 weeks. I jumped off at 5. I think the hardest part is the mental side of things and trying not to psych yourself out. I tell myself everyday I can do this and push myself. The withdrawals are intensnse but if you keep a positive mindset it's helps so much. I have been on and off methadone since I was 19 I am 37 now. I have struggled with addiction for 20 years. But for 2 years I have not thought about using and still don't even though I'm going thru withdrawals. You can do this stay strong. Don't fear the withdrawals I feared them so much it stopped me from getting off methadone for years. I have tried before but this time is different. I really want this and it sounds like you do to. Sending lots of positivity and strength your way. Keep going and the end result will be so worth it. You should be so proud of yourself.
    Fearing withdrawal is worse than the withdrawal itself in my opinion! Have you tried *vitadone? I've been taking it for a couple weeks now and it's helping a lot with the sweating from the methadone and the minor w/d. Thankfully even though.im not sleeping great I am also not in severe discomfort. It's crazy how 4mgs is so low that I'm no longer testing positive for methadone after 24hours. I was actually scared I would lose my take homes because of it, I thought they'd think I wasnt taking my dose but my counselor said it's normal. As for my history, I was using opiate pills from 18-20y/o then went to rehab for the first/only time stayed clean for 6 years then at 26 had emergency surgery took pain meds and started back for pills for 1 year then switched to H for 1 year (by God's grace I never did IV) and then at 28 decided to do methadone maintaince. 6 months in I began my taper off from 80mg and now I'm 30 y/o and down to the 4mgs! Time moves so damn fast!! Besides feeling awesome about working my way off the methadone I'm also down 28lbs since I started my taper...woop woop! Methadone causes such weight gain!! Please don't let anything derail your progress it is so amazing that you're putting days together of being clean of everything! Especially having jumped off at 5mgs, thats no small feat. I am proud of you and am rooting for yourself success, you got this!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  11. #11
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    Wow wordsofhope, Hope that's what you are sharing... I'm so inspired reading your story. I wish I could have read it on my day one. I'm sorry I missed your posts I hope all on this forum read your words truly amazing.
    Thank you...

  12. #12
    ChiefChe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    615

    Default

    WordsofHope,

    Funny you should say that, matter of fact I Do know how much more than it means to have someone reach out. Takes one to know one, right?? Us addicts, all tell ya (wink). Seriously thou, this journey can not be done alone plus there's strength in numbers.

    I wanted to Thank You for Your inspiring words to me. Your name represents you perfectly coz u certainly have a way with words. I actually saw bullet points it was so step by step accurate. Identifying all those little trigger monsters, pick them off & keep steppin. The true success comes when your mind, body, & soul are all aware of & in agreement on the process getting clean. Keep it comin'!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  13. #13
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Wow wordsofhope, Hope that's what you are sharing... I'm so inspired reading your story. I wish I could have read it on my day one. I'm sorry I missed your posts I hope all on this forum read your words truly amazing.
    Thank you...
    Lvg, thank you so much for your kind words. Your posts gave me tons of inspiration especially because through all the pain you were feeling you still found way to remain humble and honest, as well as, finding a little a humor in the dark hours. If you were able to go cold turkey at such a large dose and live to tell about it, I surely have to be able to get through my small drops and then off 1mg! I wish you could have read my post on your day 1 too because that would mean this whole thing would be long behind me by now lol! But hey, stories, people, memories, thoughts, etc never come random. They come when their supposed to, in my belief as a message from God, to guide us or to remind us of why we are where we are and to help us find solace in questions we might be struggling with. I pray life keeps getting better and better for you!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  14. #14
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    WordsofHope,

    Funny you should say that, matter of fact I Do know how much more than it means to have someone reach out. Takes one to know one, right?? Us addicts, all tell ya (wink). Seriously thou, this journey can not be done alone plus there's strength in numbers.

    I wanted to Thank You for Your inspiring words to me. Your name represents you perfectly coz u certainly have a way with words. I actually saw bullet points it was so step by step accurate. Identifying all those little trigger monsters, pick them off & keep steppin. The true success comes when your mind, body, & soul are all aware of & in agreement on the process getting clean. Keep it comin'!!!
    I am trying hard to document exactly how things are as I'm going through it in hopes that my ending story will be as positive as my beginning. When I first started researching successful methadone tapers/detox they were very far and few between and someone told me "that's because people like to spread negativity and look for pitty, they rather blame something rather than push through. A lot of people who successfully make it off methadone or drugs just put it behind them so you are left with the scary posts instead of the positive" That thought really stuck with me and I decided on day 1 of my taper when I got low enough I would start documenting so I never forget my journey and can hopefully help even one person. Addicts can be selfish by nature, even when it comes to their own sobriety and success..we sometimes forget to share things even though they're OUR things lol. I'm trying to break every addict behavior I know I have and with that I'm breaking ones I didn't even realize I had! I have 11 weeks to go until my final jump, so this story is still far from over but the end is finally somewhere in sight !
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  15. #15
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    Good Morning wordsofHOPE, yes people come into our life just when we need them. Something bigger than me for sure. You and all the members on this forum is why I still keep coming back. I couldn't do this all alone this forum saved me. My new family. Your post and reading your journey reminds me through all that pain I'm alive today and happy today. Such a gift my friend. I may not have everything I want in life but I have everything I need today. Thanks for reminding me of the miracle today. Your strength and perservance will get you where you need to be. If I can figure out how to copy a link to a thread there's some great info here on this forum. Keep posting and reading we are all here to support you my friend....

  16. #16
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsofhope View Post
    I am trying hard to document exactly how things are as I'm going through it in hopes that my ending story will be as positive as my beginning. When I first started researching successful methadone tapers/detox they were very far and few between and someone told me "that's because people like to spread negativity and look for pitty, they rather blame something rather than push through. A lot of people who successfully make it off methadone or drugs just put it behind them so you are left with the scary posts instead of the positive" That thought really stuck with me and I decided on day 1 of my taper when I got low enough I would start documenting so I never forget my journey and can hopefully help even one person. Addicts can be selfish by nature, even when it comes to their own sobriety and success..we sometimes forget to share things even though they're OUR things lol. I'm trying to break every addict behavior I know I have and with that I'm breaking ones I didn't even realize I had! I have 11 weeks to go until my final jump, so this story is still far from over but the end is finally somewhere in sight !

    **Not the end my friend This is the beginning of your new way of life...**
    Wordsofhope likes this.

  17. #17
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    I'm not sure how to send the link just search Iluv2smile..
    Give it a read.

  18. #18
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

  19. #19
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arwen1 View Post
    I tapered 2.5 every 3 weeks. I jumped off at 5. I think the hardest part is the mental side of things and trying not to psych yourself out. I tell myself everyday I can do this and push myself. The withdrawals are intensnse but if you keep a positive mindset it's helps so much. I have been on and off methadone since I was 19 I am 37 now. I have struggled with addiction for 20 years. But for 2 years I have not thought about using and still don't even though I'm going thru withdrawals. You can do this stay strong. Don't fear the withdrawals I feared them so much it stopped me from getting off methadone for years. I have tried before but this time is different. I really want this and it sounds like you do to. Sending lots of positivity and strength your way. Keep going and the end result will be so worth it. You should be so proud of yourself.
    Hi Arwen, just checking in, I hope you're still pushing forward!! I realized that you said you dropped off at 5mls, isn't that equivalent to 50mgs?? If my math is correct that's a big jump and you should really be so proud of yourself because I couldn't drop off at 50mgs. My dose in MLS must be somewhere around 0.4mls..I've read it's 1ML=10MG and I'm at 4mgs. I'm sending some positive vibes your way!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  20. #20
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    I have been browsing through her threads, they are helpful although I get a little lost when it becomes about suboxone because I haven't used that. But the positive vibe is always helpful!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  21. #21
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    I didn't go the sub route either. Positive vibes my friend...
    I guess it really doesn't matter how we get there as long
    as we do eh. Keep to your plan your doing amazing. Cheering
    You on my friend...

  22. #22
    arwen1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Sorry hun it was a typo I jumped off at 5mg. Last time I tried to jump of at 10mg but it didn't happen I folded and got back on the done real quick. This time is different my mind is strong and I have lots of support. You are strong willed you can do this. Because your tapering down so low the withdrawals won't be as bad. For me there bearable but on the days my mind feels weak they seem to feel worse. The power of the mind is an amazing thing. Just keep being positive and you will finally be free of methadone.
    Wishing you strength and positivity.

  23. #23
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    I didn't go the sub route either. Positive vibes my friend...
    I guess it really doesn't matter how we get there as long
    as we do eh. Keep to your plan your doing amazing. Cheering
    You on my friend...
    I know a lot of people have dropped low on methadone and then switched to suboxone and then finally taper off suboxone but I feel like some discomfort in inevitable so I don't want to prolong it by going the suboxone route. But if it works for others more power to them!! I keep remembering that you're posts you always quoted "one pill is too many and a thousand is never enough" and that's how I feel and keep telling myself! I don't want to continue the cycle of switching one thing for another thing. That's why your posts were so powerful because even when people were pushing clonidine etc you stuck your ground the way you planned!! I'm thankful for your friendship on here!

  24. #24
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arwen1 View Post
    Sorry hun it was a typo I jumped off at 5mg. Last time I tried to jump of at 10mg but it didn't happen I folded and got back on the done real quick. This time is different my mind is strong and I have lots of support. You are strong willed you can do this. Because your tapering down so low the withdrawals won't be as bad. For me there bearable but on the days my mind feels weak they seem to feel worse. The power of the mind is an amazing thing. Just keep being positive and you will finally be free of methadone.
    Wishing you strength and positivity.
    You are doing great and since your dose was pretty low I'm sure it won't be as long and drawn out as dropping off cold turkey from like 100mgs...you're probably close to starting to feel better!! I've def noticed that on the days I'm off from work I tend to notice my dose isn't holding me but days that I work im pretty much fine....says a lot about how our minds play a big part in the w/d's. Keep pushing through because you deserve to feel great! I truly believe that like 95% of us addicts are the smartest and most intellectual amazing people we just have to break our dark cycles so we can live in the light and show others our greatness!

  25. #25
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsofhope View Post
    I know a lot of people have dropped low on methadone and then switched to suboxone and then finally taper off suboxone but I feel like some discomfort in inevitable so I don't want to prolong it by going the suboxone route. But if it works for others more power to them!! I keep remembering that you're posts you always quoted "one pill is too many and a thousand is never enough" and that's how I feel and keep telling myself! I don't want to continue the cycle of switching one thing for another thing. That's why your posts were so powerful because even when people were pushing clonidine etc you stuck your ground the way you planned!! I'm thankful for your friendship on here!
    *I'm in no way perfect or unique *

    We all here are fighting this demon in our own way. I know the post well you are referring to ref:the clonidine ughhh my biggest regret on this forum. Sure I stuck with my plan but he was trying to help me through a really dark time. Humble humility open minded that was not me than but today I'm a different person. "sorry Nick if your still here lurking I wish you nothing but the best" keep reading and posting here to support you....

  26. #26
    arwen1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsofhope View Post
    You are doing great and since your dose was pretty low I'm sure it won't be as long and drawn out as dropping off cold turkey from like 100mgs...you're probably close to starting to feel better!! I've def noticed that on the days I'm off from work I tend to notice my dose isn't holding me but days that I work im pretty much fine....says a lot about how our minds play a big part in the w/d's. Keep pushing through because you deserve to feel great! I truly believe that like 95% of us addicts are the smartest and most intellectual amazing people we just have to break our dark cycles so we can live in the light and show others our greatness! ������
    Hey Wordsofhope hope I'm starting to feel better. Still have symptoms no sleep headaches and my stomach are the worse at the moment. But honestly I worked myself up before jumping off telling myself it would be so much worse. Once I changed my mindset and started to think about it differently it made a world of difference. I'm done with methadone even though I still am not feeling 100% I feel so much better than I did on that stuff. My mind is clear it's honestly like I'm seeing life thru a new set of eyes. I'm so much more aware. I feel so much more I don't just want to sleep the day away like I used to. I want to get out there and live my life with my beautiful family and not have to constantly go to the clinic. Stay strong you will get thru this. Just as many people have before us and many more will after us. Wishing you all the best in your journey ☺

  27. #27
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arwen1 View Post
    Hey Wordsofhope hope I'm starting to feel better. Still have symptoms no sleep headaches and my stomach are the worse at the moment. But honestly I worked myself up before jumping off telling myself it would be so much worse. Once I changed my mindset and started to think about it differently it made a world of difference. I'm done with methadone even though I still am not feeling 100% I feel so much better than I did on that stuff. My mind is clear it's honestly like I'm seeing life thru a new set of eyes. I'm so much more aware. I feel so much more I don't just want to sleep the day away like I used to. I want to get out there and live my life with my beautiful family and not have to constantly go to the clinic. Stay strong you will get thru this. Just as many people have before us and many more will after us. Wishing you all the best in your journey ☺
    So glad to hear you are starting to feel better, that's what it is all about!! Advil Cold and Sinus works great for pressure headaches and mild migraines. I've suffered from cluster headaches long before using and still do. When I was a teenager the doctors tried me on several different migraine medications, none helped, but Advil cold and sinus worked great. The only thing I will add is it does contain pseudoephedrine. I personally have and always have had an extreme aversion to any form of stimulants...the thought of being sped up, completely wigs me out...I don't even drink caffeinated drinks lol but depending on someone's history of use and drug choices, I would venture to say for some Advil cold and sinus could be a trigger, maybe, I dk? I did just briefly research and it says pseudo is not physically addictive or withdrawal causing...but since I don't know your history I just wanted to add that. Also, you should really check out vitadone, even though it's marketed towards people on methadone it's a great daily vitamin with minerals, which lord knows we all need especially now! Since taking the vitadone my headaches are less often and not nearly as intense. Keep putting days together, I'll be there putting them together with you soon lol
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  28. #28
    arwen1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I can't drink anything with caffeine either really sensitive too anything like that. I get my husband to massage my neck and temples and peppermint oil rubbed into the temples really healps with headaches. I'm in Australia I don't think I can get vitadone here. Heard lots of good things about it though. Never been into uppers my body can't deal with anything like that. I was on methadone for using >>>>>>. But over the years after seeing my oldest daughters father pass away from an overdose, me going to jail losing people I loved dearly to drugs,hurting the people I cared for most. The want for that drug faded as it had cause me and my loved ones so much pain. I really had to hit rock bottom before that happened though. You are going so well with your taper keep it up and before you know it you will be of the methadone for good. Can't wait to read about you racking up days of no methadone. You have already done what alot can't tapering is not easy that's why alot jump off higher doses. Stay strong and keep taking positive steps forward like you already are

  29. #29
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Update: Hey guys, today I dropped down to 3MG 1xdaily. It's too soon to update on how this drop affects me but I wanted to update about something else. Shortly after beginning methadone maintaince my thyroid T4 came back extremely elevated and I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid *under active thyroid*. For the last 1.5 years I have been on 50mcg of synthroid daily to correct my thyroid. The previous update I posted I talked about how the first 4-5 days I was dealing with increased anxiety, i assumed it was due to the drop. I started doing research and noticed that the symptoms I was experiencing were identical to HYPERthyroid so I decided to stop my thyroid medication and I felt much better an stabilized on the new methadone dose. Three weeks off the thyroid meds I had blood work done to test my T4 level with no medication and my numbers were perfect, meaning the thyroid meds were now making my thyroid over active. I did a lot of research and there have been a few studies linking methadone maintaince to increased T4 levels (hypothyroid). I wanted to make others aware that if you were diagnosed with underactive thyroid while on methadone and are now starting to come off, you should have your thyroid checked monthly because your thyroid could be going back to normal causing the medication to do more harm than good. I will update in a few days when I know how this methadone drop feels!!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

  30. #30
    Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Update: I dropped down to 3mg once a day on 3/16/18 and today is 3/23/18. The only real symptom I have felt with this drop is lack of sleep. I don't know the best way to describe why my sleep hasn't been good but basically instead of restless legs I have a restless back lol. The middle of my back kept getting a tight tingling feeling forcing me to keep turning over through out the night which is why my sleeping hasn't been good. As of last night, I was finally able to sleep relatively decent so I am going to assume I have stabilized on this dose. I do want to add that I am not the best sleeper regardless so for someone dropping who sleeps great normally, they might not experience this! I will update with the next drop in two weeks!! Keep fighting the fight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Methadone taper
    By Bkbaby93 in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 12:35 PM
  2. Methadone- How much can I taper?
    By Tattynutnut in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22