Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Forceout
Missed pill count. Now what? Help
    Thecarlyg is offline New Member

Default Missed pill count. Now what? Help

I was on my to see neurosurgeon and PMC called at 1pm for me to come in THAT day and count. I said im on my way to the surgeons (they sent me to) but i had to get a ride cause truck in shop. But if i can get a ride ill be there. I said what about 8 am tomorrow when you open ? She said has to ask dr. Shed call me back. NO RIDE after surgeon. Bf was at work till 7. NOTHING. I call 1st thing this am and NOPE. HAD to come in yesyerday w 4 hr notice. Then tells me my drug screen had norco in it(i rx percocets) which i had from 3 yrs ago frm my primarydr. Which i took for a broken tooth. Now they say im discharged. Sending papers and new pain drs...did i get screwed or what ??? Please help would LOVE some advice...thanks carly!!

Forceout is offline Member

Welcome to the forum!!'

This is a wonderful place to get advice, encouragement, and just generally let it all out.

Sounds like you got a surprise that wasn't very welcome. It was a chain of events similar you yours that made me start thinking about leaving the opiates behind and starting to live a new way. The Doctors and pain management and all that was a major part of my life for 5 long years.

I've had 10 or 12 surgeries that left me pretty miserable with post procedure pain. I thought the meds were the answer. I am trying a different approach. If you might be interested in a life without opiates, Pain Docs, constant hassle, expense, and not to mention, feeling like a slave of the medicine, .......you have wondered in to the perfect place.

Glad you came. You are very welcome here even if you just want to check it out.

I am 35 days completely free of pain meds after everyday Norco for 5 years never missing a dose. It is possible and we can show you how we all got through to the other side.

It is very sunny and bright where I am now!! A wonderful place free of the self imposed cage I was living in for so dang long.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you!! Keep coming back. This place grows on you
    Beefaroni7272 and Randy35 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thecarlyg View Post
    I was on my to see neurosurgeon and PMC called at 1pm for me to come in THAT day and count. I said im on my way to the surgeons (they sent me to) but i had to get a ride cause truck in shop. But if i can get a ride ill be there. I said what about 8 am tomorrow when you open ? She said has to ask dr. Shed call me back. NO RIDE after surgeon. Bf was at work till 7. NOTHING. I call 1st thing this am and NOPE. HAD to come in yesyerday w 4 hr notice. Then tells me my drug screen had norco in it(i rx percocets) which i had from 3 yrs ago frm my primarydr. Which i took for a broken tooth. Now they say im discharged. Sending papers and new pain drs...did i get screwed or what ??? Please help would LOVE some advice...thanks carly!!

Hello!

Unfortunately these doctors have heard every excuse in the world about why an addict can’t come in for pill counts, or why they may miss an appointment. I believe every word you said, and your reasons for rescheduling may be valid, but to these doctors it means very little. According to the office policy you missed a pill count and that’s all that matters to the doctor. Could they have listened with sincerity to your plea to reschedule, yes, they sure could have. But most are quick to discharge for any rule violation.

Try going in to the office, don’t call, make a personal appearance, and beg if you have to and ask if they would please reinstate you. Be nice and ask to speak with the doctor personally. If they won’t allow you back start searching for another doctor.

Hope this helps and you get back in.

Randy