• 3 Post By GoodDaysAhead
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Forceout
  • 1 Post By Janettt39
  • 1 Post By Leah987
My daughter hates dressing warm
    Janettt39 is offline New Member

Default My daughter hates dressing warm

It gets very cold where I live so in the wintertime I make my daughter dress warm. I have her wear thick, insulated snow pants, waterproof winter boots, a fleece jacket, a puffy coat, and a warm winter parka. She also wear gloves, a warm hat, a woolen scarf, and both her hoods up. She gets very upset that I make her bundle up, especially when she walks to school.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey janett. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got her all bundled up. What can we do to help??

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    Hey janett. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got her all bundled up. What can we do to help??

Beef
    I was just seeing if anyone had advice on dealing with the tantrums. It’s always an ordeal when she had to bundle up.

How old is she? Is she old enough to make her own decisions?

How old is she? Is she old enough to make her own decisions?
    She is 13 years old, I think she’s old enough to make certain decisions but not when it comes to winter clothes.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

You're never too old....my gf still makes sure I button my jacket up in the winter

Lol. I'd agree with that. My fiancee still kinda dresses me a bit. Asks me "Are you sure you want to wear that?" Maybe try compromising with her. Make sure she still has on layers but let her get involved with what she is wearing. Maybe that will help??? My 15 year old girl is as stubborn as a bear. But sometimes they don't know what's the best for them as is the case with most teenagers.

Who knows with these crazy kids now days???

Beef
    GoodDaysAhead and DravenDomnq like this.

Forceout is offline Member

JFTR

I'm 53 and my mom always gives me a hard time if I don't seem to be dressed warm enough. I would not dare through a fi, though.

Seriously, maybe you can just have a sit down at a time other than the "dressing time" so to speak.

Maybe in her comfy spot like in her room or another place she like and feels at ease. Just visit like buddy's a little bit about cold weather and clothes. Maybe a tiny bit at first.

That's how I deal with employees that get out of bounds or when they are not being safe on the job.
    It's about 50/50 on how receptive they are. Lol

Probably a lot like kids..

My two cents.

Welcome Janettt39
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDaysAhead View Post
    You're never too old....my gf still makes sure I button my jacket up in the winter
    I do the same thing with my husband lol

Lol. I'd agree with that. My fiancee still kinda dresses me a bit. Asks me "Are you sure you want to wear that?" Maybe try compromising with her. Make sure she still has on layers but let her get involved with what she is wearing. Maybe that will help??? My 15 year old girl is as stubborn as a bear. But sometimes they don't know what's the best for them as is the case with most teenagers.

Who knows with these crazy kids now days???

Beef
    What do you mean by get her involved in what she’s wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Forceout View Post
    JFTR

I'm 53 and my mom always gives me a hard time if I don't seem to be dressed warm enough. I would not dare through a fi, though.

Seriously, maybe you can just have a sit down at a time other than the "dressing time" so to speak.

Maybe in her comfy spot like in her room or another place she like and feels at ease. Just visit like buddy's a little bit about cold weather and clothes. Maybe a tiny bit at first.

That's how I deal with employees that get out of bounds or when they are not being safe on the job.
    It's about 50/50 on how receptive they are. Lol

Probably a lot like kids..

My two cents.

Welcome Janettt39
    That’s a good idea, I gave it a try. My daughter just told me that she feels uncool when she’s bundled up in snow pants plus a heavy coat and parka.

Beliefer is offline New Member

Aren't her friends bundled up too? I'm sure their parents do the same to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beliefer View Post
    Aren't her friends bundled up too? I'm sure their parents do the same to them.
    Most of her friends are so underdressed I don’t know how they don’t freeze.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Geeze, Janett, your situation with your daughter seems kind of weird to me. When I was a teenager, I didn't own a coat. Or gloves. Or a scarf. Or a muffler. Or earmuffs. Or a sweater. Or a hoodie. Or boots. Not that I didn't ask for them, because it was cold as antartica,but my dad's idea of winter clothing was putting on a long-sleeved shirt over your t-shirt and shivering until your buttons fell off ....because it was cheaper. A kid not wanting to be warm....wow. Tell her she's lucky to have a mom who cares.....
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    .....Ryka-Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Geeze, Janett, your situation with your daughter seems kind of weird to me. When I was a teenager, I didn't own a coat. Or gloves. Or a scarf. Or a muffler. Or earmuffs. Or a sweater. Or a hoodie. Or boots. Not that I didn't ask for them, because it was cold as antartica,but my dad's idea of winter clothing was putting on a long-sleeved shirt over your t-shirt and shivering until your buttons fell off ....because it was cheaper. A kid not wanting to be warm....wow. Tell her she's lucky to have a mom who cares.....
    She definitely doesn’t appreciate the hundreds of dollars I spend on her winter outerwear. When I was a teenager my parents would give my older sister’s winter coats.