My painkiller addiction solution
    nadina is offline Junior Member

Default My painkiller addiction solution

I have been on this forum for about a year. I read so many posts and found so much helpful information I can't thank enough people here for sharing their experiences. Some words got stuck in my head and some I even wrote down in my journal for my weaker moments wnen I craved pills. So i could read some great words and dig deeper into my soul.This past year when I look back at it was a struggle between quitting and learning to live without pills. I'm glad I was journaling because I know I grew a lot and learnt so much about painkiller addiction and seeing on paper how I felt then putting everything into perspective.I quit for a month back in April.and I was on this ovum then.i slipped 3 times after that.This October it started all over again for me .I got problems with my back and was getting vicodins from my doctor It didn't take long before I started abusing them again.3 weeks ago I kept calling my doctor for prescription and I couldn't get any for 2 days So I started w/d and got very sick Since I quit so many times before I used the Thomas recipe and went through the physical hell of it.I read this forum and took advice from all the wonderful people who gave me hope.a lot of vitamins,salads juices.i never knew this was the way to he other side. Little bricks every day building the wall of my life back .im getting stronger every day Working out helped me a lot and when the w/d symptoms passed I got into working out more intensely.I was so lucky to become friend with a girl who is a yoga instructor and is really into meditation,chakra balancing and meditation.That was it for me. I started meditating and read a lot of helpful books on the subject and I've got to say that I don't crave painkillers that much as I did when I quit before.meditation is about mindfullness and painkiller addiction is exactly opposite.When I was on pills eventually they took over all my life interests and I was auto piloting without thinking I lived in a fog and didn't see the end of it. meditation teaches you to be aware of the moment and live your life with open eyes. I understand the meaning of one day at a time much better now.But this forum was a start for me and I'm so grateful for that.Knowledge is a powerful tool.I recommend to read this amazing book by Jon Kabat-Zinn "Wherever you go there you are" and I just wish good luck everyone out there who made the first step of coming to this website Wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and keep helping each other every day with the kind and worm words and warm

nadina is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nadina View Post
    I have been on this forum for about a year. I read so many posts and found so much helpful information I can't thank enough people here for sharing their experiences. Some words got stuck in my head and some I even wrote down in my journal for my weaker moments wnen I craved pills. So i could read some great words and dig deeper into my soul.This past year when I look back at it was a struggle between quitting and learning to live without pills. I'm glad I was journaling because I know I grew a lot and learnt so much about painkiller addiction and seeing on paper how I felt then putting everything into perspective.I quit for a month back in April.and I was on this ovum then.i slipped 3 times after that.This October it started all over again for me .I got problems with my back and was getting vicodins from my doctor It didn't take long before I started abusing them again.3 weeks ago I kept calling my doctor for prescription and I couldn't get any for 2 days So I started w/d and got very sick Since I quit so many times before I used the Thomas recipe and went through the physical hell of it.I read this forum and took advice from all the wonderful people who gave me hope.a lot of vitamins,salads juices.i never knew this was the way to he other side. Little bricks every day building the wall of my life back .im getting stronger every day Working out helped me a lot and when the w/d symptoms passed I got into working out more intensely.I was so lucky to become friend with a girl who is a yoga instructor and is really into meditation,chakra balancing and meditation.That was it for me. I started meditating and read a lot of helpful books on the subject and I've got to say that I don't crave painkillers that much as I did when I quit before.meditation is about mindfullness and painkiller addiction is exactly opposite.When I was on pills eventually they took over all my life interests and I was auto piloting without thinking I lived in a fog and didn't see the end of it. meditation teaches you to be aware of the moment and live your life with open eyes. I understand the meaning of one day at a time much better now.But this forum was a start for me and I'm so grateful for that.Knowledge is a powerful tool.I recommend to read this amazing book by Jon Kabat-Zinn "Wherever you go there you are" and I just wish good luck everyone out there who made the first step of coming to this website Wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and keep helping each other every day with the kind and worm words and warm
    I'm really sorry for all the mistakes I forgot how to post here and I was a little scared I gotta admit.It was always hard for me to talk about it and that's why I never really posted

cheeky is offline Member

good on ya nadina, what a great post. you have some great words of wisdom yourself, i like the one about '''wherever you go there you are'''', so true. so true....

keep up the good work, what a great gift to yourself for 2013, woo hoo.

oh and ps. dont be scared or shy. its cool. you are one of us...

ARTIST658 is offline Advanced Member

Glad to hear you're on the right path, Nadina; these are very positive tools you're picking up. Give yourself every chance at success and get involved with a 12-step program and regular meetings, as well. A lot of us have tried to create our own path into long-term recovery, and found that our success was short-lived. The 12-steps are the roadmap out of addictive thinking and addictive behavior. I pray you'll add NA or AA meetings to your toolbox to combat this disease - as you deserve success!

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.