My story, please offer help/advice!
    Jbeyoutiful is offline Junior Member

Default My story, please offer help/advice!

Hello...i have finally figured out how to make my own thread! Lol I've been following these other threads on oxycodone addiction for a long time! Ive typed a few things but they never seem to post? Maybe i just didn't know what i was doing and i hope i do now! Lol

Alrighty ... ive been battling my addiction to oxycodone for 3 years now. I was up to 50mg a day, then found out i was pregnant and quit cold turkey. I couldnt sleep, was extremely emotional, hot cold spells..the whole nine yards. Anyway eventually i was ok. I still thought about them all the time, but i didnt touch them for my babys sake. I had a beautiful babygirl March 2016 by c section & guess what comes along with that? Norcos....i was given 20 and haven't stopped since then.
    I have seen roberts taper method and i have aquired a few amount of subutex 8mg pills. I would go cold turkey but now im up to about 150-180 mg of oxycodone a day and i have 2 little ones whom i cherish and love dearly thay depend on me. Even in my darkest hour being sick i always just bit the bullet for them and their needs. Im so guilty all the time and can't live like this anymore. My babies deserve a better me, .....I DESERVE A BETTER ME. i cant save a dime and im tired of putting all my happiness into a pill.cold turkey isn't an option, i have no help or support from anyone and my kids need me.
    I got myself into this mess, i gotta get myself out

Okay so last August i went to my local sub treatmemt center. Was rxd the strips...he suggested 8 mg twice daily, but i knew better and only did 2 mg twice daily. I never got my dose right and had constant headaches and fatigue, and craved like a SOB. I only lasted just short of a month. I hated the way the strips made me feel.
    Im hoping the pills will alleviate these symptoms. I just don't know how to take it, do i crush into powder and put under tongue for best effect? How long should i leave it there?

Right now I'm up with goose bumps, upset stomach, beginning of rls, can't fall balk to sleep. I only took 120mg yesterday, last dose being 30mg at 830 pm last night. Its been 12 houts already. Im.so sick of those pills that i dont care if i feel sick from them, better than not feeling anything. Please help with any advice.

Are there any tricks to having energy while on sub?

Thank you for anyone who has time to read, i know there are many other threads, but i just need support and advice that im doing this right, i plan to attend meeting and groups that lifts my spirits knowing im not alone.
    Thanks, Jai
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-26-2017 at 07:38 AM.

grandma -bk is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbeyoutiful View Post
    hello...i have finally figured out how to make my own thread! Lol i've been following these other threads on oxycodone addiction for a long time! Ive typed a few things but they never seem to post? Maybe i just didn't know what i was doing and i hope i do now! Lol

alrighty ... Ive been battling my addiction to oxycodone for 3 years now. I was up to 50mg a day, then found out i was pregnant and quit cold turkey. I couldnt sleep, was extremely emotional, hot cold spells..the whole nine yards. Anyway eventually i was ok. I still thought about them all the time, but i didnt touch them for my babys sake. I had a beautiful babygirl march 2016 by c section & guess what comes along with that? Norcos....i was given 20 and haven't stopped since then.
    I have seen roberts taper method and i have aquired a few amount of subutex 8mg pills. I would go cold turkey but now im up to about 150-180 mg of oxycodone a day and i have 2 little ones whom i cherish and love dearly thay depend on me. Even in my darkest hour being sick i always just bit the bullet for them and their needs. Im so guilty all the time and can't live like this anymore. My babies deserve a better me, .....i deserve a better me. I cant save a dime and im tired of putting all my happiness into a pill.cold turkey isn't an option, i have no help or support from anyone and my kids need me.
    I got myself into this mess, i gotta get myself out ������������

okay so last august i went to my local sub treatmemt center. Was rxd the strips...he suggested 8 mg twice daily, but i knew better and only did 2 mg twice daily. I never got my dose right and had constant headaches and fatigue, and craved like a sob. I only lasted just short of a month. I hated the way the strips made me feel.
    Im hoping the pills will alleviate these symptoms. I just don't know how to take it, do i crush into powder and put under tongue for best effect? How long should i leave it there?

Right now i'm up with goose bumps, upset stomach, beginning of rls, can't fall balk to sleep. I only took 120mg yesterday, last dose being 30mg at 830 pm last night. Its been 12 houts already. Im.so sick of those pills that i dont care if i feel sick from them, better than not feeling anything. Please help with any advice.

Are there any tricks to having energy while on sub?

Thank you for anyone who has time to read, i know there are many other threads, but i just need support and advice that im doing this right, i plan to attend meeting and groups that lifts my spirits knowing im not alone.
    Thanks, jai
    i wouldnt even touch the subs...all its gonna do is prolong the w.d....if you want this bad enough it can be done...put your big girl panties on and march thru this, for the kids sake...take it one day at a time...ive tried all home remedys, and nothing but time and healthy eating and lots of water and moving, even if its 5 min walk, will help...dont wait 20 yrs like i did...the longer you use the longer the w.d,s will be....get out now...it,ll be so worth it...im on 10 month clean and just starting to feel good...dont wait as long as i did....good luck...you can do this ...

blondie50ish is offline Member

OK so I have never been on subs and don't know anything about them. I'm a little confused - are you on subs now, or are you on pills? Pills I can help you with, although my usage was never as high as yours. I have seen people here with that level of usage though, and I've seen them come to the other side. People likely a lot older than you are, using for a longer period of time.

I can tell you as a mother of adult children - those years go by fast. In the blink of an eye, your babies will grow up. It doesn't seem like that now since they are babies and your life is in such chaos but trust me time marches on and waits for no one!

OK, now that out of the way. How much and what are you on? How many do you have remaining? Do you have an active script from a doctor or buying from a dealer? The first thing you need to do - if using pills - is cut off the supply. Call the doctor and tell them no more, if using a doctor. Almost every doctor worth their weight will offer to help you. If getting them from another source, you have to be strong and cut ties. If you want this, it can be done. You can taper with what you have left, or you can flush and start the process now and be that much closer to freedom. Give us some more details. If I misunderstood and you are using subs, there are people here with experience. Someone will come along to help. In the meantime, stay strong. You can do this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Disregard this thread! This member already has the exact same active thread in the "Prescription Drug Addiction" forum. If you would like to reply then do so at the following thread -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...0-a-73655.html

Yeah if you want to go to my thread in prescription drug addiction. I was confused on how to make treads. Im currently on pills, well as of yesterday. I started 4 mg of sub today. Still feeling sick. Idk i just hate this. Im so emotional can't stop crying i just want to be better

Quote Originally Posted by grandma -bk View Post
    i wouldnt even touch the subs...all its gonna do is prolong the w.d....if you want this bad enough it can be done...put your big girl panties on and march thru this, for the kids sake...take it one day at a time...ive tried all home remedys, and nothing but time and healthy eating and lots of water and moving, even if its 5 min walk, will help...dont wait 20 yrs like i did...the longer you use the longer the w.d,s will be....get out now...it,ll be so worth it...im on 10 month clean and just starting to feel good...dont wait as long as i did....good luck...you can do this ...
    I have another thread in prescription drug addiction if you want to follow me there. I was going to do a taper with the subs over 6 weeks. I have no help with my babies and work like crazy i.dont know how i would be able to meet their needs and work. If i didnt have anything to worry about id check myself into rehab. Im just struggling and so emotional and weak right now. I appreciate your words thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blondie50ish View Post
    OK so I have never been on subs and don't know anything about them. I'm a little confused - are you on subs now, or are you on pills? Pills I can help you with, although my usage was never as high as yours. I have seen people here with that level of usage though, and I've seen them come to the other side. People likely a lot older than you are, using for a longer period of time.

I can tell you as a mother of adult children - those years go by fast. In the blink of an eye, your babies will grow up. It doesn't seem like that now since they are babies and your life is in such chaos but trust me time marches on and waits for no one!

OK, now that out of the way. How much and what are you on? How many do you have remaining? Do you have an active script from a doctor or buying from a dealer? The first thing you need to do - if using pills - is cut off the supply. Call the doctor and tell them no more, if using a doctor. Almost every doctor worth their weight will offer to help you. If getting them from another source, you have to be strong and cut ties. If you want this, it can be done. You can taper with what you have left, or you can flush and start the process now and be that much closer to freedom. Give us some more details. If I misunderstood and you are using subs, there are people here with experience. Someone will come along to help. In the meantime, stay strong. You can do this.
    No prescriptions. I have no oxy since yesterday. Told everyone to lose my number and have 15 8mg subutex. You made me cry with your words. My kids are everything to me and i dont want to lose any more time. I am very active with them all day. We do all types of things together but they deserve a sober me.

blondie50ish is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeyoutiful View Post
    No prescriptions. I have no oxy since yesterday. Told everyone to lose my number and have 15 8mg subutex. You made me cry with your words. My kids are everything to me and i dont want to lose any more time. I am very active with them all day. We do all types of things together but they deserve a sober me.
    OK that is a very good start. Huge step getting rid of the source. I am sorry I really don't know enough to give you advice on subutex, are you getting help in the other forum? I know there is an exact science to tapering down off the subs - and you do NOT want to take the high dose that a doctor would recommend. You want to start much lower, and then very slowly taper down. You are not going to feel like you did on the opiates, so get that out of your mind right away. You aren't going to be high. Those days are over. Put that out of your mind. You want a clear head for your babies. I know it sucks right now thinking of It. In a few weeks it will be SO MUCH EASIER. It's not going to be smooth sailing though, whether you go C/T or taper down then off using subs. You didn't get this way overnight and it's not going to change overnight.