Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Need help & advice getting off hydrocodone
    Better2018 is offline New Member

Default Need help & advice getting off hydrocodone

I have been taking hydrocodone for a few years now. Every day I take them & sometimes up to 15+ a day just to feel “normal”. Only I don’t feel “normal”. In the beginning they gave me energy and I was in a good mood and was taking care of everything. Now if I don’t have them or take them it’s HORRIBLE. I’ve never been out for long because if I run low I ration them until I get more. I am SO embarrassed of this addiction and want to quit so bad. I’ve tapered before and I think the lowest I got to was taking 6 in a day. But I already felt so much better and more like myself. Then slowly but surely I was right back to taking a higher dosage. They are very expensive and I’ve spent so much $ on them. I want to quit for so many reasons. I researched how to detox and was hoping I could flush my sytem for a somewhat easier detox but nothing really worked. I have bought all the vitamin supplements to try to help as well but they don’t seem to help. I have an amazing husband and children as well as a great family and no one knows about this. I feel like if I don’t get it under control soon everything will fall apart. I need to get my life back in order & I want to as well. I’ve read on here many times and try to take people’s advice and decided I would just create an account and get advice for myself. When I go without them I feel like the worst Flu ever. My whole body aches, heart pounding and terrible anxiety. I can’t sleep even tho I am so tired. I have pills but I honestly think they are fake. I also have oxycodone so I was thinking those may help to taper bc I don’t like the way they make me feel so I don’t see myself getting addicted to those. But just enough to take to keep the edge off. I had a horrible night and finally at 6 am I decided I would take one and see if it would let me sleep and it did. It’s like when the symptoms are at their worst I can’t take it. Please give any advice. I know my story is so similar to others. I have access to them most of the time but my will to get off has to become stronger!!!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Forceout is offline Member

Hey there Better 2018,

Welcome to the forum!!

I know you said you’ve been reading on here but the is a certain feeling having your own thread!! So glad you are here!! Knowing you have a problem and facing it head on is a big step! Congratulations for making the decision to get your life back!!

I, too, was taking hydrocodone. 5 long years every single day. The cycle is relentless and such a waste of time, money, and the experience of “really living”.

There is another way to live, though. It takes wanting to be clean from the pills more than anything else in the world. The reward is huge, however. Clear thinking, bright sunny days, the real you again to potentialize for yourself and your family like was meant to be.

This place was a miracle for me. The people here came out of the wood Work to inspire me, Encourage me, and prove to me it could be done. I’m a couple days shy of 60 days with zero pills. Nada. None. It was not easy. It took a lot out of me but after a week or so, I started getting stronger and “smarter” and way way better feeling physically. Now I feel like a can do anything I’ve ever done in my life. I’m a 53 yr old engineer. Several major serious surgeries. And I have found I feel much better with none of that garbage in me.

More people will come talk to you soon. And I will be around checking up on you, too. My thread is in “Need to Talk” under “Forceout needs community to get through”. It may help to read it. Another thread that helped me was called “Tapering from 120 mg hydrocodone “. By Gunny Ty. It’s older but you can find it on a search.

Reading threads on here helps somehow. Words of hope. To see it happen for real. To beat the demon. It is a battle worth fighting. A righteous battle of will that you WILL win if you want it bad enough. Be excited and proud to get it done.

Whether you taper, quit cold turkey, or whatever, just make your mind up and let us know because you know have your own personal team of support. You have to decide to do it and when. We can tell you how to beat the thing once and for all.

What is the alternative, Better2018, ......a constant downward spiral for the rest of your life? No way!!!!

Use this time and place to make the best life you ever had happen!!!!

I did and wow!!! I am so dang grateful for every day without that silliness of chasing meds.

There is a ton of good information coming your way to help you get through to the other side...the clean side.

One last thing, my own story was a 5 week grueling taper. If I was doing it again, I would take off Work and quit CT. You get sick like the flu for a few days and then on your way to getting better. My two cents.

There is, however, no easy way. Just put your head down, get menattly ready, and get it done.

Forceout
    Beefaroni7272 and Leah987 like this.

Thank you! I feel like crying when I read your reply. Almost like a small weight lifted just knowing “someone” knows. I am not SO alone in this. I have a great family that loves me. I have no doubt I would be forgiven and supported through this for the most part. I just had a strong sense of embarrassment, shame & guilt because of it. I am a good wife and mom, but wether they know it or not, They have suffered because of it. I am not the best wife & Mom because of it. There is just no way. I have become such a homebody and that effects them as well. It’s effected my whole life negatively and I want to stop so bad. I never knew how addicting they were when I started taking them. Then one day it hit me... “you are addicted to these” ! So many times I’ve gotten them with the intentions of tapering and sometimes I do to an extent. But I always end up taking more and then it goes on and on. I think, “just this time” So crazy even talking about it. The side effects of coming off of them are Terrible. Flu is totally what you feel like, only worse. I can’t really take off work right now. And that’s another thing that makes me get more. Just to feel a little better. It does me good to read ppl like you who are already doing/feeling better. Most of what I read before were detox threads and hearing how hard it is on people makes my anxiety worse bc I know how they feel, exactly. So hearing the upside stories of people telling how they did and they made it! Congrats on 60 Days!!! That is HUGE!
    Beefaroni7272 and Leah987 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey better2018. Just wanted to add my congratulations and welcome to the forum. Just like force said this is an amazing place!! It has saved so many here. And thankfully I am one of them. I was addicted to oxy's pretty heavily for 2 years and then made the switch to suboxone and was on them for 5 long years at a ridiculously high dose. But today I am around 3.5 months clean! It was rough and with subs I really didn't know what I was in for. I'd detoxed from other opiates several times but subs are a bear. I'd get on this site and whine and the amazing members reminded me that my pain was temporary and it will pass. Sometimes that's not what I wanted to hear and wanted to punch a wall or break my phone. But it is true.

I wasn't sure if I could function without the garbage. Would I have the same personality? How long will I be miserable? How will I function? Will I be the same person for my family? Am I the same person my fiancee fell in love with? These thoughts flooded my brain. But I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that being clean is soooooo much better than I could have ever hoped for. It is possible and doable!! You have to want it more than anything in the world. But you can do this!! Keep a positive mindset stay hydrated and active and you'll be able to slay this beast!!!

Get on here and let it all out!! Read others threads, it really helps!!

Welcome again, and congratulations on taking the first step to get your life back!!

Have a great night!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you, you’re right it does help. Feeling like I want to hit “fast forward” more than ever right now. It seems like every time I really want to stop taking them I have so much going on that it’s such bad timing to feel terrible. Like right now honestly. I have to be able to function somewhat normal. I will think “ok if I just felt this bad I could handle it”... then it gets worse. The anxiety is unreal. Night time is the worst. And I’m not even 100% off yet. I have been before tho and this is all too familiar and I know what’s coming. It is so motivating to see others that are passed this point! God I want to be there so bad. But you know I don’t feel like I deserve to feel like >>>> so much, but I kinda do feel that way. This has effected everyone. The ones I love the most. I look at them sometimes and they have no idea that I’m full of guilt. But I do realize that fooling myself into thinking I should take them to get thru what’s going on now and the bad timing of feeling terrible going thru it... bc there will always be something. Nothing bad either, just everyday life stuff most of it is all good exciting stuff. I want to really enjoy that stuff bc once the moment is gone it’s gone. I always beat myself up by thinking you should have tapered with the ones you got and the ones before those. Then I would either be on such a low amount or done by now. But I have to start somewhere, sometime. I can’t wait to be free!!!!

Hey BETTER,

You can do this thing. Even while you work if you really really want it. I was where you are. I really was. And I had no support and was lonely as heck. A veteran bachelor never married. Alone. No one to go to the store for me etc.

I tapered by 5 mg per day each week starting at 40 mg per day. I went down by 5 mg every Friday so the drop in dosage was over weekends for the first couple of days. Until I was at .5 2 times a day. One dose to get up and o e about 4 in the afternoon. For a week. And then I threw the rest away. I probably set a record posting how I felt on here all the way through that day and night stuff. I got through by the encouragement of these people, the grace of God himself and a hell of a desire to live without that silliness in my life.

I never missed one hour of work and I have a dozen plus people to watch over every day. Untold 10s of thousands of dollar desicions to make sometimes hourly.

It can be done. There are very helpful secrets to operating at high level while tapering opiates but the mindset has to be Herculean. If you decide to do this there is no bs rationale to going backwards. It sucks to put it bluntly. But it ends. The clouds begin to part and the sun comes out. A little at first and then more and more until you are YOU again. Incredible feeling believe me!!!!

You will get a lot out of doing this thing. That is putting it mildly. You will know after you get past the first week or so with no pills in you that you can do almost anything!!!

It will give you selfconfidence like you have never known to slay this beast. After a few short days of physical and mental unpleasantness, it all start to dwindle down to just mindset.

Be your best. Don’t settle for the life of pills. The pills LIE to you. Believe me they do. I have an advanced degree in the most logical process analysis field there is and the pills got me thinking all kinds of dumb illogical stuff.

Once you get through the no man’s land between using daily and using none at all, it is a glorious place where you don’t even think about that >>>> any more or in the least very often except to remember what a waste it was.

Do yourself the biggest favor in your whole life and do this!! You can handle it with our help. No one on this earth can help you bettter than other addicts that have been through the exact same thing. No doctor. No relative. Not even a best friend that means well. We can help you!!!

But .......it all starts with you wanting it worse than ANYTHING. None of the inconveniences of doing this will matter to you a hill of beans when you are clean. Your brain will keep coming up with reasons not to stop now etc. that is what addiction is. Classic stuff. Make the desicision and let us know you are ready. There are some outright experts at this stuff (here on this forum) with years of clean time that have been way, way further down the rabbit hole than you and I, and they are reading this thread waiting for you to get to a certain point where you say enough is enough!!!!

I am so glad you are here you can’t imagine. I can tell already that you will be fine.

God bless and hang in there.

Forceout

Keep coming back!!!!

One more thing, my friend,

I have found throughout my life that In almost all things like this........the time of waiting, and thinking about how awful it will be .....well, it is never as bad as that thing you fear so much. Try to remember that.

Forceout

Thank you! I AM SO ready!! When I tapered before and got down to only a few a day I felt SO good then! Oh how I wish I would’ve finished the taper and left them alone then. I would always think I will get these and use them to taper more and more and be done. I thought it would be easier having a qty I knew I could taper with bc the anxiety of being so low and knowing what’s coming is SO strong. Gosh it’s so sad how powerful these pills are. Of course as someone who’s addicted when you hear about regulations being changed and them being harder to get your mind thinks “oh no this is not good” but you know so well why the regulations are and should be changed. Some ppl need them, I get that. I don’t honestly see how ppl can be on them long term for actual pain and the pills continuing to work without them needing more and more... but maybe that’s only with someone who doesn’t really need them for pain... rather than the high and how they make u feel. You have been so helpful. I am thankful I finally created an account and have an outlet. I’ve created a mess that I’m sure when I do come off 100% I will be like what the heck?? How am I going to fix this? But if I don’t come off and WAKE UP it will only get worse and worse! It is crazy how much time in a day I do NOTHING! I have great intentions and I can waste time like no other. Looking at the clock thinking oh it’s only 12 I will start at 12:30 and that goes on and on till I’m like where did the day go? Some days are better than others but I can only imagine all I can get done in a day with a clear mind. I can’t wait to be all my family deserves again, soon!! They deserve the best me. I will definitely be keeping in touch here and continuing to post. I am a big believer in God as well. So I’ve prayed about it and will continue. I have heard some great faith based success stories and it gives me so much hope as well.

I admire that you are clean and still come back to post and encourage others and I see many others that do so as well. At first when I just read the threads of people who were feeling just like me it was a little daunting. Sometimes their withdraw symptoms were just like mine, other times much worse. So hearing from people who have been there/done that is inspiring. Not that I don’t want to still read the threads but I know that one day I can post and encourage people as well. Like I said I’m not fully off yet. It’s hydrocodone that is my problem and the last ones I got I am 100% sure they are fake. So I don’t have them to taper with. I do have oxycodone and as much as I hate to take them or any of the nasty pills they have helped with withdraw symptoms and the dosage is very small so really enough to just take the edge off and not feel so terrible. I don’t know if that’s the best approach but I try to go as long as I can stand it and then take one. What do you think? I don’t want to just buy more to taper with? Although I know it would be much easier on the withdraws. With the oxycodone I don’t take them to try to feel like I would on hydrocodone. Or anything like that

Question. I’m sure quitting cold turkey is best bc you’re getting that junk out of your system and not going thru a slow your torture. BUT it’s really like an all tooooo overwhelming torture. I’m sure all of you know it’s like the worst flu and anxiety ever. Along with not being able to sleep and when you do happen to fall asleep your eyes pop open and for me the first thought is how terrible & anxious I feel and then that I have no pills to make it “better” which brings more anxiety. Soooo hard to cope! I have oxycodone and I took one when I woke today and although it doesn’t give me the feeling the hydros did (trust me I don’t want that feeling so much I just don’t wanna feel like I’m dying) I do think I could use what I have to help the tapering process. Maybe not ache as bad and be quite so anxious. What do you think?

I don’t really know how to tell you what to do unless you are 100 percent, dead set, all in on stopping the pills. And.....being clean from here forward.

When it gets to the point that you want to stop more than anything you will know. Trust me. There comes a point when you want to be done more than AnYthing.

Yes, I think you can use the oxy to taper. But you need to have an exact plan. I or someone else here can formulate a taper plan if that is truly how you want to proceed.

How many are you taking every day now? What mg? What times of day exactly are you taking how much? How many and what mg do you have on hand for the taper?

Are you ready to do this? Going in half hearted is not often lasting. You have to want it more than anything. I always said.......if you work half as hard to get off the junk as you have always worked to stay on it you will have no problem at all!!!

Do you think this is a valid point? I guess I’m trying to see where you are in your journey. Your journey off the garbage has already begun whether you realize it or not. You are here after all. You are in the middle ground. The no man’s land.

If I were you from what I am hearing, I would look up “the Thomas Recipe”, get all the stuff on it except the benzodiazepines (unless you are already prescribed those by a doctor) and just flush the rest of the narcos and get through this thing.

It’s always hard. There is a price to pay for freedom. It is only a week or so and you turn the corner on a new road to the life you think about free of chasing the garbage all the time.

No more of that stuff after a week of being sick. It is a dream to me being clean. I love that dream every hour of every day now. Seriously. No bull. It is possible and you are on the brink of doing it. We here on the forum are all proof that it is possible.

Hard to believe, right? Wrong. It’s true. Read my thread, Better. It’s in real time. That time was hard. But it passed. Relatively fast.

You take vitamins, eat bananas, take liquid Imodium as needed, drink as much Gatorade as you can hold. I drank a minimum of two liters a day for two weeks plus water all the time in my hand. Exercise by walking around the block as tough as it might be each day two times. Get through each hour one at a time by thinking about nothing future or past just that you are doing something that has to be done. It’s all right there for you. The first 4 days are the Big Deal and then it gets better. I know your exact situation.

Some people on here I don’t talk to like this because their drug is different than mine and yours but we have the same thing. Hydro was it for me. I didn’t even want anything else just like you.

Believe me when I tell you that I was way out there on that trash. If I got through it so can you. I had open heart surgery not 4 full years ago and all kinds of complicated thoracic problems after including four broken ribs at my backbone as a resulting effect of the procedure. That still hurts but I Guitars the junk because it was not the real me. I was losing myself.

You can do this thing believe me. It is all mental after 4 dang days and then you are done....!!!!! Done with the money thing. The chasing. All of it.

I am excited for you. You have a wonderful thing coming. You can’t really imagine.

Forceout
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Also,

Once you start this thing. We will be around to help you with symptoms, listen to you, visit about the thinking stuff. All of that helps you through. So don’t think you will be alone in this. You are never really alone once you come here. You will understand why we come back here and talk to others. It’s a Need we have once we get to the other side. It is a miricale everytime and addict breaks the cycle and moves on with their life that God wanted he or she to live without the poison in their body and brain. You want to be a part of that miracle when you have felt it in yourself.

It’s just another rewaRd out of the many rewards of living clean........sharing it with others!

Godspeed to you, Better.

Forceout
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

froggy_069 is offline Member

I agree with what forceout said, you are already into this. The withdrawals can be the worst and indeed sometimes do feel like torture. The point of this and your end goal is to be done with the junk. In my opinion, taking more pills when the going gets tough is deafeating the purpose. I know it's hard, I really do, but you need to push yourself through this one minute at a time if that's what it takes and I promise you, it WILL get better.

Force has given you some really great advice and there's really nothing more I can add. Look up "the Thomas recipe" and get what you can from the list (except the benzos). Fluids, exercise, etc. Follow force's advice and you'll be just fine. Keep fighting the good fight and pushing forward, we are all here for you and will see you through this but you have to really want it, and want more than anything else. You CAN do this!

Best of luck to you and keep posting!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey Better,

How are you doing this evening? Just checking in on you. I read your posts again. All of them. I can feel you. I remember exactly the way my brain would work on me telling me aNY thing to keep my eating those pills.

I also see some real fear you have of the anxiety and w/d symptoms. It is never as bad as you think. It’s like waiting around to get teeth pulled or something. I’m serious. There is an element you are not considering when you think about the bad stuff. When you are jumping off the stuff, there is a part of your mind that knows what you are doing is saving your marriage, your health, your money, ....your very life!!!

That gets you through!

Forceout

Don’t. Give. Up....!!!!

froggy_069 is offline Member

Hey better,

Just checking up on you. How are you feeling my friend? Post when you can and give us an update on where you're at with this. Still taking the pills? Tapering? Cold turkey? We're here for you no matter how you decide to handle this.

Hey Better,

Still here for you. How’s it going? Give us a situation report. We care!!!!!

Posting Helps so much no matter what Is going on
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2018 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Truncated

Hey!! Sorry I haven’t replied!! At first I kept checking back and no one had replied for a bit and then I got logged out and was having trouble finding the forum again! Anyways I’m back! Ok so here is where I’m at today! I haven’t had any hydros since Monday about noon I had 2-7.5s and those are the last ones I took. I do have the oxycodone like I said and I have been using them to taper. Previously I said it was a small dose but honestly I don’t know much about them so maybe you can tell me... they say 20 on one side and op on the other. I don’t even know exactly how many I have but I can count them because I’m going to tell you how many I’ve been taking and you tell me if that’s good or bad. So far I’ve been taking 4 a day but I think I could go down to 3 fairly easy. I take one in the morning (and I think I really need to stretch that further out in the day) then about 1 I’ve taken another (so that would become even later if I take the first dose later) and then when I get home around 6 and then when I’m trying to go to sleep I take one. Last night I thought I’m not going to take one tonight at bedtime. I’m not achy or any of that. BUT I could not go to sleep... FOREVER I laid there. I wasn’t having anxiety or anything but sleep was nowhere in sight and it was already late. So finally I took one and not too long after I was out! For about 4 good hours! Lol and then my eyes pop open! And it seems 5 am is when my brain says wake up!!! Only Im still tired bc I haven’t slept long or solid. So that is definitely a struggle. I feel like I don’t need that last dose at that time but if I don’t take it I don’t know if I would ever sleep before my alarm is going off and I have to get up and get my day started. What do you recommend? I would be glad to count what I have and you tell me how I should taper with them and if you think I will still be feeling lots of withdraws when I’m out? I was taking normally anywhere from 15-20 hydros a day! And the way I felt was terrible most of the time! I feel better now already but I know part of that is the Oxy keeping the withdraws at bay. Thank you for checking on me! As far as really wanting to be done with this monster in my life I REALLY want it!!! I know I can do it!!! The advice, support & honesty from y’all is so incredibly helpful! I will leave off here for now and wait for a reply!! Hope all is well with both of you. Again, I can NOT WAIT to be completely free!!!! I am truly excited about it!!!

Yikes! Reading other threads and info about oxycodone I’m wondering how much I’m actually tapering? Do I just feel that way bc I went from taking 15-20 pills a day to 4 but since they are diff things maybe he Oxy is just stronger. Pretty sure I read it’s extended release. Soooo thinking I for sure need to go down to minimum 3 a day SOON!! Like now! lol I’m going to try HARD to go to sleep hopefully soon without taking one. I did take a regular dose of Zquill to try to help me fall asleep. I have had these Oxycodone for probably a year just in a drawer. I got them one time when he didn’t have hydros and then some came so I never touched them. I’m feeling sleepy but it’s so crazy how all that can change when your head hits the pillow and eyes just pop open! Lol Do you think the oxycodone are “better” to taper with? If that’s even a thing. Lol I don’t want to drag it out for sure. I can’t. I’m done. I really can’t express how truly excited I am for this!! And just how thankful I am for everyone who has reached out to me.

Morning Update! I didn’t end up taking one before bed and I slept most of the night! Zquill for the win!! Lol so yesterday I took 3!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Better2018 View Post
    Yikes! Reading other threads and info about oxycodone I’m wondering how much I’m actually tapering? Do I just feel that way bc I went from taking 15-20 pills a day to 4 but since they are diff things maybe he Oxy is just stronger. Pretty sure I read it’s extended release. Soooo thinking I for sure need to go down to minimum 3 a day SOON!! Like now! lol I’m going to try HARD to go to sleep hopefully soon without taking one. I did take a regular dose of Zquill to try to help me fall asleep. I have had these Oxycodone for probably a year just in a drawer. I got them one time when he didn’t have hydros and then some came so I never touched them. I’m feeling sleepy but it’s so crazy how all that can change when your head hits the pillow and eyes just pop open! Lol Do you think the oxycodone are “better” to taper with? If that’s even a thing. Lol I don’t want to drag it out for sure. I can’t. I’m done. I really can’t express how truly excited I am for this!! And just how thankful I am for everyone who has reached out to me.

Hello -

I'll tell you right now that tapering off full agonist opiates (Oxy - Vicodin, etc) is a very difficult thing to do for 2 very good reasons. One is you're basically in wd's the entire time you're attempting to lower your dose. You feel miserable and it's a tough road to travel. The other reason is you have pills available where you know you can take an "extra" one or two that will ease the symptoms. Your head tells you just adding another pill will put an end to the symptoms and before you know it your taper is going nowhere. I could never taper those type of drugs. If I had them I would gobble them down as fast as I could. Anyone that can successfully taper from those drugs has my full respect. And I'm not saying it can't be done because many have successfully accomplished it. It's just tough to do.

Have you given any thought to just getting it over with cold turkey? It's the fastest way out of this and you're clean the next day. You'll have about a weeks worth of symptoms with the 2-4 days being the worst of it. After that the days get better and better. But you have to be 100% committed to doing it. You have to flush all remaining pills and cut off all ways of obtaining more. You have to use all the willpower you can muster up and be fully determined.

Whether you taper or CT you MUST want it more than anything else in the world. You say you do and I certainly believe you. You can do this, you really can. Make a plan and stick with it til the end. Being clean and off the garage is the best feeling in the world. All the best.

Randy

Randy- I can’t say I’ve actually tried going cold turkey by choice. I have been without them and the withdraws are fierce!! I’m sure I could do it but I don’t know that I have the will power to be honest. I took 3 Oxycodone yesterday and so far one today going to try to stretch one for most of the day. It’s almost like if I put it on here I REALLY want to do it. Like someone is holding me accountable or I will be letting someone down if I fail. And I will, myself. I was so happy to get sleep last night without taking that other pill! Is 3 oxycodone a lot to take in a day?

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi There Better,

Just wanted to pop over & welcome you and let you know how excited I am that you started this journey!!

I agree with the C/T way to detox. The band aid has to come off so it's better to rip it off now & get it over with opposed to slowly pulling it off all the while anticipating the pain. Your in luck cause it's flu season so you'll fit right in. I'm like Randy, if I got 'em then I'm taking them- ALL OF THEM- then go searching for more. I say depose of what you got & be done!

With that said, I wanted to also give my 2 cents on the perc situation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here- sounds like you have 20mg Percs??? If this is the case then the Percs trump the 7.5mg Vic's. The Percs are a tid bit stronger then the Vics as it is but replacing a handful of 7.5's with a few 20mgs equals itself out. Does that make sense?

If you plan to continue with the taper read up of a few threads here for the mathematical insight on how to carry through. I say, to save all the confusion, send them puppies swimming & get on with the flu (ear to ear grin).

You found you a nice location here in the neighborhood so get yourself settled in. I'm glad you found the Accountability Tool as your welcome gift. It does come in handy on this journey.

Freedom is right around the corner my friend. Just remember this is a marothon not a race so take your time.

Best of Luck,

❤️
    Che

Hey Better-

I forgot to mention, but in here, you will never be alone. Everyone here has been where you have been or desparately wants to be where you are now.

All those feelings you have now, the shame guilt, embarassment, desparation.... I know them well. They will magically disappear with each step you take & be replaced with Accountable, Honest, Determined & Peace, Luv & Happiness 2- I will Pinky Promise you on that 1 Sister.

I used to be a Wonder Woman for 2 weeks out the month & the other 2 weeks I was a ravaged drug seeking monster. I been there BUT now I'm here! This experience has made me a better mom because I no longer have to take a pill to fake being "normal" I just AM & I will no longer take that for granted.

Dig Deep, take a Deep Breath in, and make that Leap of Faith!

❤️
    Che

[QUOTE=Forceout;544004]Hey Better,

Still here for you. How’s it going? Give us a situation report. We care!!!!!

Posting Helps so much no matter what Is going on

hey! I’ve replied a few times but haven’t heard back. But just another update. I took 3 oxycodone yesterday. And so far 2 today. Going to try to not take my 3rd for the day and see how it goes! Hope all is well with you! The guy I get hydros from has messaged daily but I haven’t even been tempted to msg back! Probably bc I have the Oxys to be completely honest but normally I wouldn’t be all over it! I feel so much better. Much more productive and mind clearing daily!

Just checking in! Still at 3 oxycodone a day. I’m still not sure how these compare to what I was taking. 15-20 hydrocodone 10s a day and now 3 oxycodone that say 20 op. Sleeping at night but wake up sometimes in a sweat. No anxiety or other symptoms. Hopefully very soon I go down to just 2 a day!!

Hey!! Hope all is well! Thought maybe if I replied this way you would see it. I am still at 3 oxycodone a day. I have enough for 7 more days if I continued to take 3 a day. Going down to 2 has proved a little difficult but if I don’t go down soon I will be out and my body will still be use to 3 a day. Maybe I should try 2.5 and cut one in half? I know, rip the bandaid off and just be done! It’s hard tho!! I feel soooo much better and I AM going to quit but I think the smartest way to ensure that for me was tapering. Maybe I’m weak but those withdraws are NO joke! My body was so use to having the hydrocodone and 15-20 a day! So just taking it all away in an instant was rough!! So rough i would cave and get more! I do think this time was different so if I would’ve got more instead of using the oxys I think I would’ve used them to taper unlike the other times. This time I just knew! I am DONE!! Well will soon be DONE! I don’t want the taper to go on forever and I was hoping someone would help with their recommendation of a tapering schedule but I haven’t heard back from anyone in a while. Even if I’m feeling no temptation to get more or take more than I am etc the advice is so helpful!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hi There-

You said it best- you have your mind made up & ready! Only you know the best way to get this done so you take your band aid off anyway you see fit. Most important thing know is to get you a good taper plan. Unfortunately, tapering is not my area of expertise but the pros will be by here soon with more info.

Only thing I can add is about how much you were taking >> what your taking now. You were taking about 150-200mg daily of the hydro. Assuming the op20 is 20mg Perc then your now down to about 60mgs a day! That's a significant drop so your definitely feeling the aftershocks. Keep powering thru- you getting there.

I agree that you might want to plan out your next reduction to optimize your success. Hold tight & someone will be by with the mathematical breakdown.

Just wanted to stop by & say how excited I am for you, as you should be 2. If you want this you will have it. This is the ultimate gift of love that you can show yourself!

Keep fighting,

❤️
    Che
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Cohdeen is offline New Member

Especially considering the implications to your mental health that it would cause, tapering off slowly is the best course of action in my opinion.

Hello Better,

I’ve been out of town and taking a little break from the forum. I saw your post and felt the urge to let you know that you are doing great!

Tapering is tough. Like Randy said, you have to want it real bad. I sense in you that spirit. But you have to have a taper plan that you never deviate from. Like exactly the same amount at the same time of day for a week or so, then down by .5 mg per day for another 4 or 5 days and then drop again by.5 per day and then so on until you are at 10 mg or so and then throw them away. For good.

If you take them as needed or at different times, etc. it just gets out of hand and doesn’t do any good to vary your intake. You are just back and forth in perpetual withdrawal.

You should think seriously about getting the Thomas recipe items, dig in and just go CT. Like Randy and so many others have said, it’s over quick and you can get on with life without drugs. Otherwise make a well thought out taper log and stick to it no matter what.

I’m sorry I was away for a while but it was for good reason. Hang in there. You can do this and I can tell you will eventually get off the trash. It is sooooo worth it.

Keep up the work!

Forceout

Hey Forceout
    I’ve been away for a few days as well. The reply’s on here really do help SO much! I went down to 2 Oxycodone a day with no problems. However I took my last yesterday evening and right now I’m definitely feeling it. I don’t feel too achy I just keep yawning over and over. I don’t have much energy either. I was hoping it wouldn’t be like this bc I noticed when I would wake up I wasn’t really needing one right away. Now that’s it’s been so many hours I feel it. Don’t have access to more Oxy and don’t want to get any more hydros. I do think I want to be done bad enough to continue tapering even if it were with hydros but I just want to be done. We had a crazy busy week last week and I was thankful to not be feeling withdraws thru that. Idk what to do. I have it if pressure to get things done right now, a lot of things that I have just let go and really screwed up since being soooo messed up on the hydros. But it’s sooo hard to focus... through all the yawning. I took ibuprofen to try to get rid of the little bit of aches I had. I took a b12 to try to get some more viatmins in my system for energy. To be honest which I have been 100% on here I just know if I had one pill I could probably function way better. I will not go down the road I was on. I refuse and I know I am better than that and my family deserves better as well. Going to try to push thru. Thanks for replying I need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast