Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes
Need help tapering off one mg of suboxone
    Luna1959 is offline Member

Goodmorning, I think i will have to stay on this dose for a few more days. Today is my 5th day at .75mg and i woke up feeling bad. This is the first day i have felt any feeling of withdrawals. I took my dose at 6:30am it is now 7:30am and i still feel ill. I guess i will see how the day goes. I have a lot to do today. I am trying to change my plane tickets and find a new flight because i have to testify i had to change my flight date. Laundry and yard work. I don't know why i put things off until the last minute. Have a good day.
    Luna
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-20-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luna1959 View Post
    New info on my vacation. Won't be able to leave until the 19 or 20 of May and be back home the end of May. This is really messing up my tapering down because. I just found out they changed the trial date of when i have to testify in court. This has been going on for two years and they keep postponing the date. They don't care that i have airline tickets and have had to cancel flights because if i don't show up to testify in court they can issue a bench warrant for my arrest. I cant even count how many subpoenas i have got in the past two years to testify and then have them cancel the date. I was the victim of the crime but feel like i have been in jail for the past two years because everytime i make plans they change the court date and tell me i cant leave town because i have to be in court. So now i cant leave until the after the 19th and have to be back by the end of the month. So i just had to let some of my frustration out. Any help on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna
    Have you tried to speak with the DA's office? They just may be willing to get a new date in June so that you don't have to worry about dates at all for now. It's worth a try. Give them a call.

Don't let any of this mess with your taper schedule. Today is Day 5 at .75? It's usually Day 2 or 3 after a drop that you may feel off. Is it possible that something else is making you feel sick? We tend to blame everything on our taper or detox and that's just not the case. In any event, no harm is staying put for another day or two because if it is because you're still not stable, it would be a mistake to try and reduce. Again, maybe make smaller reductions. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Peace,

Cat
    Luna1959 and Wordsofhope like this.

Thank you for your input Cat. I have been going through this with the state attorney office for almost two years. I have tried to work with them by giving them my schedule month's in advance. They new i was going out of town and had plane tickets since January. I have already been subpoenaed twice this year and those court dates were postponed the day before the trial date. This is the third time i being subpoenaed to testify in cour this year and for all i know they could cancell this new date the day before the trial and i would have cancelled my flight for nothing. I called and told them they knew i would be out of town. They dont care because it's up to the judge to set a new trial date if the defense attorney asked for a postponement. I told them I am the victom of the crime yet i feel like i have been a prisoner stuck in my city for two years waiting to testify. They have threatened to issue a bench warrant for my arrest if i don't show up to testify. In the begining they would ask me for my schedule so this would not interfere with my life. I have had to cancel flights, doctors appointments that took me four months to get. They just dont care about me even though i was a victom of a brutal crime. All they care about us me being there to testify. I had to move so no one knows where i live. I am trying to live a normal life for the first time in years. So I will be postponing my trip again. So i will be gone the last two weeks in may instead of the first two weeks in May. I now it dose not seem like a long time but i don't want any withdrawal symptoms because that will probably be close to the day that i could be getting off the subs. This is an important trip because i am going to see my ex fiancee and we are going to see how things go. I saw him last year and talk to him every day. We really want things to work out between us. So when i am there i can't have issues. So i am going to stay on this dose .75mg and drop down Monday because i go to Church Sunday with my mom an Sunday will be 7 days on this dose.
    Thanks have a great day.
    Luna

Goodmorning day six on.75mg. I am so glad i did not drop my dose yesterday it would have been a big mistake. I worked in the backyard all day and really over did it and pushed my body too the limits. I was in so much pain when i was done and took over the counter pain medications, aspirin and Tylenol. It had no affect whatsoever on the body pain i had. I am so PROUD OF MYSELF BECAUSE I WAS SO TEMPTED TO TAKE A NOTHER PEICE OF SUB TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY. I was cuttings up my doses for the next three days and just kept looking at that little piece of sub that would make me feel better. I stayed STRONG. I slept great and woke up this morning with no withdraws at all just some arches and pains from working in the yard. The subs have been helping me with my chronic pain that's how i got started back on the 1mg subs a year ago. Not only do i have to deal with the symptoms of tapering down off subs i have to learn to deal with the chronic pain suffer from. I will just have to learn my limitations because for years my solution to my pain was opiates then i took subs for about two weeks to get off opiates. I am going out today and will be doing a lot of walking so i have to be strong and just keep on this dose for a few more days and let the pain subside before i drop again. Have a great day.
    Luna

Good morning day seven on .75mg. I am still having trouble with my chronic pain from working in the yard all day Friday and Saturday shopping all day with my mom. I am going to stay on this dose for one more day unless i wake up tomorrow Monday morning and feel better. I am going to take it real easy today. I know fore sure i am finally stable on at .75mg. I tried to cut .25mg in half to give me a .125mg peice for my next drop and it has been challenging trying to cut that tiny police in half. I am using the film cutting guide. I put the .25 mg piece on the guide and tried to line it up and hold it in place with my ruler but that little sucker just Won't stay in place it keeps moving. I have also tried to eyeball the peice and cut it but i just cant seem to keep it from moving. I am trying to think of another way to get to my next dose maybe by cutting the ,125mg from my .50mg. I am trying to get to .625mg but i will have to go back to my chart and double check to make sure.
    Have a good day.
    Luna

I had a link that showed a taper plan with the taper down doses and how to skip days if anyone has that i would appreciate the breakdown with the skipped days. I know at first you skip one day then take a dose but i cant find the link that i had. Thanks
    Luna

Today will be day eight at .75mg. I had a bad night and woke up feeling like >>>>. I tried to take my sub yesterday morning and it suck to my lip so i know i did not get the full dose. Nothing went under my tounge same thing this morning i was going to put that tiny piece under my tounge and it got stuck on my tooth. I have arthritis in my fingers so it makes it really hard to hold those tiny pieces in my fingers. I have tried tweezers and that is even harder. I am going to drop my dose down tomarrow. Has anyone had the same problem when trying to put a sub under their tounge and missed. If so did you take a nother mall piece for for the one that did not get under your tounge? Just woundering if enough of the sub got into your system if it did not get under your tounge and missed and got stuck on your lip or tooth? I have got them stuck on my finger before and had to take another piece. Just woundering. Hope you all did not forget about me. I really appreciate your help and input. Thanks
    Luna. Oh also is anyone else haveing trouble logging into this website?

Tuesday first day that i dropped down to to .625mg. We will see how it goes because i had a really hard time cutting .25mg in half. Also the last two doses were off because i did not get the sub completely under my tounge as i stated in the last few posts. I am going to do a slow taper because i am going on vacation and want to be stable before i go. Also. I will have all my doses cut before i leave so i am not trying to cut those tiny pplies while i am gone. I can see myself in the bathroom at my family's house for an hour trying to cut up my doses. So hope all goes well today and i was able to cut the correct dose. I am sure i will know more when i try to go to sleep. I am going to have to try and figure out my next dose with the rx film cutter. I wish i could find that link that gives you the dose breakdown and skipped days. Wish me luck and have a good day.
    Luna

thefigurehead is offline Member

Tuesday first day that i dropped down to to .625mg. We will see how it goes because i had a really hard time cutting .25mg in half. Also the last two doses were off because i did not get the sub completely under my tounge as i stated in the last few posts. I am going to do a slow taper because i am going on vacation and want to be stable before i go. Also. I will have all my doses cut before i leave so i am not trying to cut those tiny pplies while i am gone. I can see myself in the bathroom at my family's house for an hour trying to cut up my doses. So hope all goes well today and i was able to cut the correct dose. I am sure i will know more when i try to go to sleep. I am going to have to try and figure out my next dose with the rx film cutter. I wish i could find that link that gives you the dose breakdown and skipped days. Wish me luck and have a good day.
    Luna
    Hi Luna -

I am sure you got the doses correct. They can be super tiny though. Easy to drop or lose. Just do your best cutting ahead of time and that will be one less thing to stress about.

Here is the skip day times:

Dose, skip a day
    Dose, skip two days
    Dose, skip three days
    Final dose, done.

It is at the top of the Suboxone Therapy section in the Sticky section.

Hope this helps. Have a great vacation.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-24-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Hey Luna

Congrats on your drop.

I've had the dose stick to my tooth or lip before. Just try to scrape it off with your tongue or tooth and keep the spit under your tongue for a while.

Sometimes I would get a lot of saliva in my mouth as soon as I put the dose in, but found if I just kept the saliva under my tongue for a while, it worked the same.

So if it's stuck to your lip, just use your teeth to scrape it off and get it into your mouth anywhere. Once you get some saliva, get it under your tongue and keep it there. If it's stuck to your tooth, use your tongue to rub it off and put the saliva under your tongue.

Let us know how you're feeling today.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Thanks for checking up on me. I am feeling better that i am not the only one that has these silly problems with the subs. I decided i am going to take a slow taper because i want to be stable on my dose while i am on vacation. I am not sure how much to drop down. I stayed at .75mg for eight days and i was fine with that. Now i am at .625mg and will have to figure out how to calculate my next dose. How are you doing Wav? I was not sure if you would be back on the sight now that you are off them totaly. I have been having trouble getting into the website and checking other threads or posts. Thanks for the info on skipping days for some reason i thought there were more skipped days. I wish i could find that link that gives you the tapering down doses and skipped days but again for some reason i am having trouble with this site. I keep my page up so i dont loose it. When i try to fet back in from google it brings me to a strange page. So i just stay logged in and don't close my page.
    Have a great day
    Thanks
    Luna

I'm doing pretty good.

If I were you and wanted to take it slower and smaller drops, I would make my next drop be to .5mg. That will be a 20% drop and is smaller than the suggested 25% drop.

.5 will be easy to cut as well.

As for the skip days, I would just plan on doing them, but you don't need to worry about skip days for now. Once you get low enough we can walk you through those.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Thanks Wav, I felt a little strange this morning. Headache and leg pain. It is day two at .625mg. I was thinking of dropping down to .50mg and yes it will be easy to cut also i will just have to take one piece of sub. Other than the headach and leg pain i feel ok so far. I am glad you are doing good and so happy you are done with this evil irange strip. I hope my tapering goes as well as yours. I will keep posting as long as I can get on the page. Have a great day.
    Luna

Glad to hear you're doing well. I usually felt some discomfort through my taper at the end of day 2 /beginning of day 3 after each drop. Nothing too bad though and I then stabilized.

Keep up the great work.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Day three at .625mg OMG I had the worst night. I had cramps so bad in my left leg I can hardly walk also really bad stomach cramps. I think my dose might be off and it might have been closer to .5mg. I know how important it is to get the exact dose. Now that I think of it I probably should have waited until I got back from my vacation before I started my taper. I will be gone for 13 days and wont be home until May 31st. I am worried about putting my taper on hold for so long while I am out of town. Also I am wondering if it will be hard starting my taper again at such a low dose when I get home. I am thinking of staying at .5mg until the 31st of May when I get home. This is a very important trip for me because me and my ex fiancee are thinking of getting back together and I don't want any withdrawal symptoms or issues while I am there. Also If all goes well I will be going back to see him in September we are planning a trip to Europe if all goes well with that vacation we were talking about me moving back to California and moving in with him again. I will keep my place in Florida because my children and mom are here and I will probably visit often. I will see how I do today and tonight. I had no withdraw symptoms at all when I dropped down to .75mg so I either got the wrong dose or maybe it's just my body because I have been on subs for a year even though I was only on one mg a day. Before that I was on very strong opiates for many years. Other than a headache my mind is clear no depression or anxiety. I do take Xanax but I am also tapering down on my Xanax now. I was on six mg of Xanax and now I am down to five mg a day and having no problems dropping my Xanax dose. So do I stay at .5mg until I get back on May 31st and start my taper when I get back or keep tapering either way I will have to be on a stable dose before I go and will be on that dose for an additional 13 days until I come back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I have a doctors appointment right before I go on vacation and I will ask about Gabapentin I am not sure if they will give it to me because the high dose of Xanax and sleeping pills I am taking.
    Have a great day and thank you for your help.
    Luna

What date do you leave for your trip?

If I were you, I would try to get to .5 and get nice and stable before leaving for your trip on that dose.

I would then just stay on that dose until you get back. Cut up all the .5 pieces you will need before you leave, so you have them ready to go for your trip.

You can then resume your taper once you get back.

Hopefully you can get the gabapentin, as it has helped some of us greatly.

That's my 2 cents.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Luna

Any update for us?

How did your trip go?

Where are you at with your taper?
    Luna1959 likes this.

Hey Wav, HOW ARE YOU DOING????
    I had a great vacation and got very close to my ex-fiancee. We have known each other for about 40 years. He is a doctor (heart and lung sergeon). I talked to him about my tapering down on subs and he told me it was a very bad idea to start tapering while i am in the middle of important life events. Also he said I should keep a steady pace with my tapering and not go for to long on the same dose. He had to taper and reduce his dose of Xanax but does not know about subs except for what he looked up for me. I also got sick with a really bad cold that I am sure came from the plane. So many people coughing and sneezing. I am ready to start again and I was even able to get a RX of Gabapentin 300mg, I hope that is enough. I am supposed to take one hundered mg two times a day and one hundered mg at bedtime so that's 300mg a day. So I am feeling much better and ready to start my taper again. I have had a very hard time getting on this website and also having trouble posting. So now I have everything I need to start my tapering and I hope 300mg of Gabapentin is enough to help me. Thank you for checking up on me Wav. You have been a great mentor to me and I hope you will continue to help me.

Good to hear.

What MG are you at? Did you stay down at where you tapered to, or did you go back up to 1mg?

I was advised to stay at 1mg because it would be to hard to stay on .5mg for two weeks then start tapering down at such a low level. I am going to start again this friday at .75mg. I am waiting until Friday because I am going out of town next week for a few days then I have nothing coming up in the future. I will stay on that dose until i am stable about 4 or 5 days then drop back down to .625mg then drop down to .5mg. After that I will need to get some help figuring out what to drop down to and when I need to start skipping days. I should be able to complete my taper this time because I have nothing comming up in the near future that will interfere with my taper. Also do you think 300 mg of Gabapentin is enough to help me. I am supposed to take one mg 2 times a day and one mg at bedtime total 300mg a day.
    Thanks Luna

The gabapentin should help, however I was taking much higher doses. I'm currently tapering off of it and am down to 600mg a day.

Just be careful with it. As long as you keep your dose low, you should be fine.
    Luna1959 likes this.

Hey Wav. I read your post about dropping down on your Gabapentin. Will you go through withdrawals from Gabapentin? My Calendar will finally be free starting this Saturday and I am terrified going through this alone. I have read so many posts where people suffer from depression, lack of sleep and RLS for months after they taper off. Also I read that when some people taper off and jump off then start to feel terrible withdrawals about five to seven days after they stop taking the subs. Did you experience anything like what I described. I would really like to get a mentor to guide me through this process. I have noticed that there is a discrepancy about the dose tapering some people are saying to drop down by .25 mg and then you and many other people say 25%. or even lower like 15 to 20% for a longer period of time. I definitely want to to get my numbers right. Would it be ok to drop down by 25% and if i have issues drop down by 20%. I am also having trouble with my calculations. If you could mentor me I would greatly appreciate it and if not maybe you could RECOMEND someone. Maybe you could even just give me a list of the recommended dose to taper down with the recommended days to be on the subs then the skip days. I guess i am getting so many different tapering down numbers on peoples profiles is because they started at a much higher dose than me at 1mg. I am just so alone and confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Luna

Default Starting my taper again at .75mg having terrible anxiety.

I am having terrible anxiety trying too start my tapering down again. I had to go back up to one mg and now I am going to try and start my taper again at .75mg. Again. I had no problem tapering but now for some reason i am affraid. Maybe its because I read some posts with bad experiences also. I have had no one post on my thread to give me advise. I am not sure it I should start a new thread under suboxone or keep posting on this page. Help would be appreciated.
    Luna

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Oh hello Luna I'm sorry that no one has posted to you lately. I have not had a chance to catch up on your thread but I will do that tonight after work. Don't panic everything you are feeling and going through is all normal part of the process. You don't need to start a new thread stick with this one will be easier for us to follow your journey. I'm sure others will be by soon to share their experience strength and hope with you. Again sorry for the late welcome..
    Luna1959 likes this.

Hello Luna,
    I read at best some of your threads you should not start another thread it gets confusing to follow you. Go back threw your thread wav gave you awesome advice and how he tapered down. I have no experience with subs. I can share with you my experience with addiction. You said you are doing this and going threw this alone. Have you looked into getting face to face support Na, Aa, counseling, therapy? We do not have to go threw this alone. You have to make a plan moving forward and stick with it. This is the hardest thing you will have to do for yourself. Will it be easy nope but so worth it to have your life back I promise you that. You have to take your dose and stay at that dose until you are stable even if it takes you a few extra days get good and stable on that dose than drop repeat. I understand the anxiety sweating rls and all the fun withdrawals but you have to push threw those days you have to really want this for yourself. You got this...

Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member

I am having terrible anxiety trying too start my tapering down again. I had to go back up to one mg and now I am going to try and start my taper again at .75mg. Again. I had no problem tapering but now for some reason i am affraid. Maybe its because I read some posts with bad experiences also. I have had no one post on my thread to give me advise. I am not sure it I should start a new thread under suboxone or keep posting on this page. Help would be appreciated.
    Luna
    Hi Luna, just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know others are reading! I do not have personal experience with suboxone taper but I did do a taper off methadone. I am now coming up on two months off the methadone. The hardest part was the mental fear. I did a consistent taper over the course of about 2 years but when I got close to the final jump I was making myself so nervous. When I did jump it was virtually painless. We tend to psyche ourselves up. Mindset if everything, if you want it you can do it, I have faith in you!! Slow and steady wind the race. I was suggest coming up with a taper schedule that you're comfortable with (small drops) and then just follow that plan. You are most likely going to feel a little off with each drop but you have to remember it will stabilize within a couple days. You can do this! I posted a detailed documentation of all my drops on my methadone taper and the final jump, on my.thread. That really helped me because it gave me the mindset of wanting to be a success story in all the terrifying stories....good luck, stay strong and keep posting!
    Lvg nghtmare and Luna1959 like this.

Couldn't have said it better wordsofhope...
    There's the HOPE

~you rock....

Day one back down to.75mg. I was on one mg of sub for a year. I started my taper for the first time about one year ago. Actually I started on 8mg subs for a week tapering down to one mg to get off opiates. I did not know how strong the subs were so i stayed on one mg thinking it was such a low dose and i could just stop taking them. I wish i found this web sight before i started the subs because i would not have been in this situation. I dropped down to .625mg about a moth ago but had to stop my taper and went back up to one mg. So we will see how it goes this time.
    Luna

Hey Luna

Glad to hear you are starting your taper again.

Remember, you can make smaller than 25% drops if it becomes too uncomfortable. And as you know DO NOT drop down until you are experiencing no symptoms.
    Lvg nghtmare and Luna1959 like this.

Wordsofhope is offline Junior Member

Day one back down to.75mg. I was on one mg of sub for a year. I started my taper for the first time about one year ago. Actually I started on 8mg subs for a week tapering down to one mg to get off opiates. I did not know how strong the subs were so i stayed on one mg thinking it was such a low dose and i could just stop taking them. I wish i found this web sight before i started the subs because i would not have been in this situation. I dropped down to .625mg about a moth ago but had to stop my taper and went back up to one mg. So we will see how it goes this time.
    Luna
    Luna, I'm so glad you started back on your taper..remember we cant get anywhere without taking the first step! And the first step is the most important because it determines which way you will go....keep going forward! We, as addicts, have to always remember that life happens, timing is not always going to be ideal, traumas will occur, we will feel a range of emotions but that is not a reason to go backwards. The addiction will always tell us we can't cope without a vice, a drug of choice etc...but we are so much stronger than that! If we always waited for timing to be perfect, to get clean, we would all still be using...the reality is that we will always be able to find a reason to stop a taper, or not make the final jump but if you want the freedom bad enough you wont let those reasons stop you. You are awesome and worth it..keep pushing forward !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast