Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree141Likes
Need help tapering off one mg of suboxone
    Luna1959 is offline Member

I don't know what happened to my posts I wrote about starting my taper they showed up that they posted but this morning they were gone. Today is day four at .75mg. So far the only problem i had was yesterday I don't think i got the correct dose. I wrote before that sometimes the sub will stick to my finger or lip well yesterday i am sure i wasted a dose and had to take another dose of .75mg. The first time i tried to dose yesterday it stuck to my finger and i tried to scrape it off but could not get it off so i just took another dose. I am not sure if I got a little more than. 75mg yesterday because of the second dose. I will probably stay on this dose for a few more days. I will keep posting on my progress. I hope my posts dont drop off after they show that i posted.....
    Luna

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luna1959 View Post
    I don't know what happened to my posts I wrote about starting my taper they showed up that they posted but this morning they were gone. Today is day four at .75mg. So far the only problem i had was yesterday I don't think i got the correct dose. I wrote before that sometimes the sub will stick to my finger or lip well yesterday i am sure i wasted a dose and had to take another dose of .75mg. The first time i tried to dose yesterday it stuck to my finger and i tried to scrape it off but could not get it off so i just took another dose. I am not sure if I got a little more than. 75mg yesterday because of the second dose. I will probably stay on this dose for a few more days. I will keep posting on my progress. I hope my posts dont drop off after they show that i posted.....
    Luna

Yeah the disappearing posts/threads happens much too frequently I'm sorry to say. Not certain exactly why it happens but it happens to most of us at one time or another. I've wrote very long posts/novels only to have them not post at all or disappear once I knew they were up. Weird?

Anyway I wanted to give you a suggestion that will hopefully take care of your dosing issue. I certainly had small pieces/doses of sub stick to my finger, and sometimes not sure if I even got it under my tongue. What I discovered that works quite well is to put your small dose on the end of a toothpick or similar object then place it under your tongue. Worked every single time for me. It's even more helpful once you're at .25mg and below.

Hope this helps,
    Randy

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Mine tend to go to the moderators for approval and then we never see them again. So it's not just you Luna. Seems to be happening more frequently in the last month or so.

Great idea about the toothpick Randy. Never thought of that.

Keep doing what you're doing Luna!!
    Beef
    Randy35, Luna1959 and Autumnhopes like this.

This is day five at .75mg i think I will stay here for a day or two then drop back down to .625mg. That is what I dropped down to when I started my taper the first time. Once I am stable a .625mg I will drop down to .5mg. After I am stable at .5mg I will need a little help figuring my next dose. I don't want to rush through this but I also dont want to get stuck on a low dose and have trouble continuing with my taper...

Day six at .75 mg so far so good. I am not sure if I will drop down to .625mg tomorrow or wait until Monday. I will see how I do today. If I continue my taper the way I am going I think I should start skipping days and be off the subs around a month from now. That sounds a little fast to me. I guess it depends on if I drop at a rate of 25% if i drop at 20% and stay on my doses a little longer I think it might be better for me. I am using 8mg strips but I do have four 4mg strips that I could use to make smaller cuts a little more easily to cut but I guess we can figure that out later. Have a great day.
    Luna

Day 9 at ,75 my stomach has been a mess for the last few days. I was doing good but the morning when i woke up and was going to drop down to my next dose i was so sick. All i can think of is i did not cut my dose correctly or i have a stomach bug. Either way i dont think its a good idea to drop my dose while i am sick regardless of if its withdrawals or i am just sick to my stomach. It seem strange that i was fine for the first six days and day seven i woke up sick as a dog. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Luna

Day one at .625mg. I Wrote a long post about dropping down to the next level and it never posted or it was deleted. I think if certain words are used the post will be deleted. That is the only reason I can think of that some of my posts get deleted. I am still having stomack issues but i have been on .75mg for eleven days so this morning I just gave in and dropped down to. 625mg. I hope staying on .75mg for so long won't have any ill effects on my tapering. I guess i will see how today goes. I was hoping to stable and drop down around day seven. I will try abd keep myself busy and not think about the subs. If anyone knows if I might have messed up the start of my taper because i was on .75mg for so long please let me know. I am sure when I started my taper the first time I strayed on .75mg for longer then five days. Oh it drives me crazy when my posts get deleted especially when they are long ones. Thanks
    Luna

Hey Luna. Congratulations on your drop. I don't think you messed up on your taper or anything like that. Some people take longer to stabalize, and life happens. The main thing is not to get complacent on one dose. Keep making that forward progress. I know for me I could always find a reason to delay the taper. It's gonna be tough but just keep moving. When you feel stable take a day to catch your breath and make the drop to .5mg.

There have been a lot of missing/deleted posts recently. And the forum has been much slower this last month or so. Who knows why, summer, life, etc. But I assure you we are all still here cheering you on. So don't get frustrated, it happens to us all.

Stay busy and keep up the great work!!
    Have a great day.
    Beef
    Luna1959 likes this.

Day 7 at .625mg. Still not feeling right with stomach issues and headaches. I don't know if it's my dosing or I just don't fell well. What ever it is it's just been going on for to long. I should be getting ready to drop my dose to .5mg but i don't want to take Ashby chances and get sick. So it is just taking me longer than 5 days to get stable. That's all i can think of. Wish me luck.
    Luna

It took me days to be able to post on this site. It kept telling me i ran out of tokens and needed to reload.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Still hanging in there at .625mg. I am going to try and drop to .5mg in the next day or two. I really hope i am not going to have a problem dropping down to a lower dose because it's taking me so long to get stable on each done. Please let me know if anyone out there took so long to get stable on each dose like i have done. Thanks
    Luna

I dropped down to .5mg today. So far so good but I will see how it goes over the next few days because i noticed it can take a few days before i notice the drop in my doses. I am going to try and figure out my next drop. Any ideas on what my next dose drop should be let me know. This is the part that gets difficult trying to figure out these really low doses and when to start skipping days. I am almost at the end of my journey and getting nervous about jumping off the subs.
    Luna
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-16-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Wavision is offline Member

Congrats on the progress Luna. Keep up the great work.

Your next drop should be to .375, if you are going to drop 25%.

If you want to drop a little lower than 25%, then you could drop to .40.

Let us know how you're feeling today. How is your sleep?
    Luna1959 likes this.

Day 4 at .5mg. I have been doing good so far just dont feel like doing anything. I have turned into a couch potato normally I watch a little tv but will work around my apartment. I stopped my daily walks because it's just to hot in Florida right now. I have not had any sleep issues yet only problem i have had so far is an upset stomach. I pray that the rest of my taper goes ok. The one thing I am worried about is the pain that I suffered from that got me hear in the first place. The subs helped me with the pain thats another reason why I stayed on one mg a day. I have cut my dose in half in about two weeks so if i stay on this pace I should be off them in a few weeks... Thanks for checking in on me Wav.
    Luna
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Hey Luna. How are you feeling? I get the lethargy, and tummy issues. They're rough for sure. But you're almost done!! Keep doing what you're doing. That Florida heat is pretty brutal for sure. Maybe take your walks in the early early morning before the sun comes up?? Are you a morning person? Maybe at night when the sun goes down?? I know those walks really do help you feel good. They sure helped me get off the couch. Don't worry about your pain levels. Who knows what will happen when you jump. No sense in worrying about what might be. I know for me my pain levels went up for a few weeks when I jumped, but they balanced out and now I am in less pain than I ever was when I was using.

Keep posting!! You're almost there!!
    Beef
    Luna1959 and Catrina like this.

I think this is day 8 at .50mg I am having trouble dropping down to my next dose. I dont know if anyone has had this issue but I have been sleeping a lot since I dropped down to .5mg. I usually have trouble sleeping and never sleep during the day but I have been sleeping all night and and a lot during the day ever since I dropped down to. 5mg. Also I just feel strange panic attacks and anxiety. I take six mg of Xanax a day so I should not be having these panic attacks and anxiety. I know i am going to have to make a drop in my dose soon and i am nervous about it. I am hoping that I will be able to make my drop in a day or two. I will keep posting.
    Luna
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

I think this is day 8 at .50mg I am having trouble dropping down to my next dose. I dont know if anyone has had this issue but I have been sleeping a lot since I dropped down to .5mg. I usually have trouble sleeping and never sleep during the day but I have been sleeping all night and and a lot during the day ever since I dropped down to. 5mg. Also I just feel strange panic attacks and anxiety. I take six mg of Xanax a day so I should not be having these panic attacks and anxiety. I know i am going to have to make a drop in my dose soon and i am nervous about it. I am hoping that I will be able to make my drop in a day or two. I will keep posting.
    Luna
    Luna,

Your fear of reducing is pretty common. You are not alone. You really have nothing to lose. Maybe you'll feel safer and more confident if you cut by a smaller percentage. If you're at .5mg now, how about beginning to make 10% reductions? Might be worth a try to just get you over this hump.

Peace,

Cat
    davepeerson and Luna1959 like this.

Thanks Cat I was thinking of making a smaller drop. I just have to figure out what my drop should be. Wav suggested that I drop to .40 mg or .375mg. I am just having trouble figuring out how to make my cuts correctly. I am using the film cutting guide. I am sure i will figure it OUT some how.
    Luna
    Catrina likes this.

Thanks Cat I was thinking of making a smaller drop. I just have to figure out what my drop should be. Wav suggested that I drop to .40 mg or .375mg. I am just having trouble figuring out how to make my cuts correctly. I am using the film cutting guide. I am sure i will figure it OUT some how.
    Luna

You have 2mg strips, right? Cut it into 5 pieces and each will be .40mg.

Peace,

Cat
    Luna1959 and davepeerson like this.

davepeerson is online now Platinum Member

Hey Luna....Your doing Great!! I feel your fear.....In MY opinion....if you need to....just add a couple days in between drops.....Just try not do extend it out TOO long.....Then you might get like I have....Stuck!! I went VERY slowly from 2 plus mg. a day ...to where I currently sit....at .125....to....15?? I don't have a precise cutting thing....so I am doing it best I can by just eye balling it!! I'm sure I am VERY Close to right on....Anyway....I am going to begin skip days for a few weeks and then make that LEAP.....I've done this TOO many times.....This has to be the last day One for ME!! I wish you the best...and will be in your corner....Let's DO this!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!..
    Luna1959 likes this.

Hey Cat I have mostly 8mg strips I do have four 4mg strips. I am trying to figure out how to make my drop to .4mg I just cant seem to figure it out. I want to take it slow and not make large drops because i have not been having many issues going slow. I would like to drop down to .4mg ASAP i am just having such a hard time figuring my dose drop. I am afraid if I drop to low and start to suffer withdrawals i will go back up and have to start over. I will sit down in the morning and figure out my 4mg strips and my 8 mg strips to get down to .4mg dose. I will let you know if i figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-27-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    Catrina likes this.

Hey Cat I have mostly 8mg strips I do have four 4mg strips. I am trying to figure out how to make my drop to .4mg I just cant seem to figure it out. I want to take it slow and not make large drops because i have not been having many issues going slow. I would like to drop down to .4mg ASAP i am just having such a hard time figuring my dose drop. I am afraid if I drop to low and start to suffer withdrawals i will go back up and have to start over. I will sit down in the morning and figure out my 4mg strips and my 8 mg strips to get down to .4mg dose. I will let you know if i figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna
    Hi Luna,

With the 8mg strips, I'd cut them into four equal pieces so that each is 2mg., Then, cut that 2mg piece into 5 so that each will be .40mg. I know that these are likely to be tiny but it can be done. Use a pair of tweezers to hold the 2mg piece and use a razor knife or a pair of sharp manicure scissors. Have you ever watched the Youtube video by Harry Smooth? He was a member here several years ago and posted the video to show how to make those small cuts. Take a look and maybe it'll help. Good luck.

Peace,

Cat
    davepeerson likes this.

I dropped down to. 375mg yesterday so we will see how it goes. I have been dropping down a little less than .25% so i hope i stabilize without issues. I was trying to drop down to .40mg but i has way to much trouble getting the dose correct. I use the film cutting guide and it would not stable out. The closer i fet to the end of my taper i panic. I am worried about dealing with the cronic pain that i have had for years because the subs help with the pain. I never realized how well the subs would help with my pain. So i hope it goes well at .375 mg without issue.
    Luna

Well I am between .4mg and .375mg I have been on this dose for four days. I need to figure out my bext dose. I think I will drop 25% from .4mg and see how that goes. I am having trouble with calculating the dose and cutting the dose to the correct size. So any help would be apreciated.
    Luna

aligee is offline New Member

Where do I go for a new post. I need help with my taper and just need to be chatting with people that had success. Where do I start a thread? Or what should I do. I’m on a phone so maybe that’s why I can’t figure this all out. Please help. Thx.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by aligee View Post
    Where do I go for a new post. I need help with my taper and just need to be chatting with people that had success. Where do I start a thread? Or what should I do. I’m on a phone so maybe that’s why I can’t figure this all out. Please help. Thx.
    You can start a thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum, here's a direct link - https://forum.drugs.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=40

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456