Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes
Need help tapering off one mg of suboxone
    Luna1959 is online now Member

Default Need help tapering off one mg of suboxone

I am new here and hope you can help. I need help tapering off one mg of suboxone a day. I started out a year ago and took 8 mg for two days and by the end of the week i was stabe at one mg a day. My plan was to stay on subs for a week or two at at one mg a day then stop. Well my plan did not work so here i am. Because i have been on such a low dose for almost a year it has been hard for me to taper off. Also i have wasted so many strips when i try to cut them i to tiny amounts. I have nine eight mg strips and 4 four mg strips to work with. I dont want to get anymore than that because i am worried i might just break down and go up to one mg again and start all over. I noticed most people who ask about tapering off are on a much higher dose than me. Any advice or help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Luna
    David256 likes this.

hope i did this right. I was able to copy to a new thread. I hope it is in the right place. I am very stressed out. I am all alone and have no one to help me. I cut everyone out of my life because i am going down a different path. I divorced my husband after 27 years of marriage because he chose drugs over me. I am starting a new life by myself.
    jeffrey123 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Luna. I see you figured out how to start your own thread. First off I'm so sorry about the divorce. I can't even imagine what that must have been like. He certainly doesn't deserve you and it is his loss!!

We can definitely help you get off the subs. The suboxone taper plan has helped thousands of members here get clean with minimal discomfort. Give it a read, you can skip the induction process as you're already taking the subs. There are a few members at the tail ends o their tapers right now. They're doing great and will be free of it soon. There is hope, and I can tell you for a fact that being off the subs is way better than I could have ever hoped for.Here's the link for the plan

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Post as much as you need to, ask questions, vent, let it all out. It really helps! This amazing place has helped me to 5 months clean from the subs. Everyone here is amazing and want nothing more than to help you on your journey. I know that many will stop by to give you a welcome and share their experience strength and hope with you.

Welcome again and I'm so glad you found us!!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Luna welcome to the forum I see Beef has already given you some awesome advice. The only thing I can add is stay hydrated and get up get out keep moving forward. Have you looked into getting face to face support Na Aa counseling therapy it will help give you the tools to deal with all this. One addict helping another going through the same journey. Keep reading and posting we are all here to support you..
    Again welcome Luna...
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

I hope in the right place. I read the link about tapering off subs. This is a very stressful time for me and i have a lot going on. It is not the best time for me to do this so i will need as much help as possible. I am going to my moms this weekend and dont want to go through withdrawals while i am there. Monday i have to be in court as a witness to a home invasion i was a victom to. I am still on one mg a day. I could be stuck in this trial for the next two weeks i just found all this out today. My ex husband was also a victom and he is the one who delt with the guys from the home invasion. Please excuse any typos my mind is in a fog. They were drug dealers that he delt with and now he told my daughter she is not going to show up at court because he is worried about retaliation against him. I am woundering how long it would take me to taper off. If i have six 8 mg subs and four 4 mg subs is it possible? I am so stressed out because i and affraid of these guys also. I dont want to show up at court alone. I was thing i should wait until after the trial but also dont want to cut myself short on subs to taper off. I no this post is all over the place but i just dont know what to do.

hope in the right place. I read the link about tapering off subs. This is a very stressful time for me and i have a lot going on. It is not the best time for me to do this so i will need as much help as possible. I am going to my moms this weekend and dont want to go through withdrawals while i am there. Monday i have to be in court as a witness to a home invasion i was a victom to. I am still on one mg a day. I could be stuck in this trial for the next two weeks i just found all this out today. My ex husband was also a victom and he is the one who delt with the guys from the home invasion. Please excuse any typos my mind is in a fog. They were drug dealers that he delt with and now he told my daughter she is not going to show up at court because he is worried about retaliation against him. I am woundering how long it would take me to taper off. If i have six 8 mg subs and four 4 mg subs is it possible? I am so stressed out because i and affraid of these guys also. I dont want to show up at court alone. I was thing i should wait until after the trial but also dont want to cut myself short on subs to taper off. I no this post is all over the place but i just dont know what to do.

I must have taken less than 1mg yesterday. Somtimes when i cut an 8 mg sub into eight pieces they are not even. It was the last piece in the pack and it looked small. I suffered from leg cramps all night. I had to take a sub as soon as i got up. The bed was wet because i was sweating all night. I dont know if it was from stress from everything i found out yesterday or because i took a smaller dose. I really need to figure out how to taper down with the propper dose. When the pieces get small its hard to measure the right dose they are not even. Any ideas on how to cut these tiny pieces to make them even. Also any ideas for my last post. Any help would be appreciated.
    Luna

Hey Luna. I'm on my phone so I'll keep it short and get back to you later when i get home. There is a YouTube video from former member Harry smooth that shows you exactly how to cut the strips so you can be sure to get the right dose.

Have a great day
    Beef

Thanks for getting back to me Beef. I have a limited amount of subs and hope I have enough to get through this. I use the sub strips because they are easy to cut the pills fall apart and i never got the right dose. I cant beleive i was off all of this stuff and was having a lot of trouble with pain. I was in an accident in 2009 and suffer from a lot of pain. So I had a bunch of subs left over and took about 2mg and it really helped with the pain. I got started on opiates from a pain management Doctor. Anyway a few day later the pain was back and I took a little more next thing I know I have been stuck at 1mg a day for about a year. I ran out of subs for about three days and the withdrawals were the worst i ever had. That mixed with my cronic pain was so bad i could not eat or sleep i just sat on the sofa curled up until i could get my habds on some subs. I know I am going to have to find a way to deal with my pain with out taking pills or subs because there has been so many times that i have run out of pain meds and went through withdrawls and i just dont want to live like this.
    Luna

Hey Luna, just checking back in and seeing how it's going for you. Did you see that youtube video? It will help you cut the films the right way. I'm sorry you're in pain. I know for me i was always in pain with my back. But now I am in less pain than when i was on oxy or subs. It takes some time for our bodies to adjust but it is worth the journey in the long run I promise you that!!

Keep posting!!!
    You can do this!!
    Beef

I have not had a chance to look at the video about cuttings subs into tiny pieces yet. I am going to my moms for four days so i dont think that is a good time to start my taper. I dont have to be in court next week to testify i have to be in court the following week. My question is do you think i should start my taper next week and then get stable on a smaller dose the week I go to court. Again i dont want to run out of subs and i will be left with none in the middle tof my tapering off. If I Stay on one mg for the next two weeks and start the taper after the trial that will keave me with about four and a half 8mg strips and four 4 mg strips to start my taper. Now i can try and start my taper next week and hope I stable out by the following week while i am at the court house. I am stocking up on my blood preesure medicine today my zanax for anxiety along with my Seroquel for sleep. I cant take Seroquel for sleep when I am in really dad withdrawls because it will give me the worst RLS at night when i try and sleep my legs feel so bad and i flip flop in bed like a fish out of water. So my question is should i start my taper down next week like tuesday then stable out auntil after the trial ends in two weeks?
    Thanks,Luna
    P.S. I will try and check in this weekend but if not i will check in on monday. Have a great weekend.

Hello Beef, I looked at the Harry Smooth video on how to cut subs. I think it will help because i have four 4mg subs that i can cut up at the end of my taper. I tried to start my taper today and i do not feel any issues with my legs or any issues at all so i think i must not gave cut it enough so i will tdy and cut a smaller piece in the morning. I plan on getting stable this week then i will same on the same dose until after the trial next week. After the trial i will cut back some more. I hope my plan works and i go through very little withdrawal. Hany input would be helpful.
    Luna...

I have not been on here in a few days because i have not had anyone respond to me. I dont know if i should start a new thread or if I am even getting my messages out there. I tried to taper down and thinking maybe I went down to far. I have been depressed all week. I am going through a lot of personal issues and just cant seem to focus. I am having a hard tine just posting on here. If i dont get any one to respond to my post i guess i will start a new hone and hope i am doing it rigjt this time. I wish i could delete smy old post and start fresh so i dont get confused. If anyone is out there willing to help a 59 year old female get over this please help. I devorced my husband and deleted all my contacts moved to a place where no one knows me to get away from all the drugs and start a new healthy life. I started on the subs to help me do that and now i have been stuck on 1mg a day. I have gone on other web sites and also read sone horror stories on this sight. Because i am alone i am hoping to find a support group that can guide me through this. I am so worried about the withdrawals also I cant let my mother find out she is 85 years old and i cant put her though this. I dobt want her to be worried about me if i get sick from withdrawls. I wish i had done more reaserch on subs before i started taking them. My plan was to only be on them for no more than two weeks and it worked i was off opiates with no withdrawls. I suffer from cronic pain from an accident some days are good and some are bad but nothing as bad as withdrawls. I had a lot of subs left over and took a small piece for pain then a few days later i took another piece until a year went by abd now i have to take a sub when i get up just so i can get through the day. I have gone foe a few hays every now and then with no subs and i just curled up on the sofa and cried wobderibg hiw i could have done this to myself. I was off everything free and clear and all i think about if getting off theese tiny orange strips i take every day. I know the older i get the harder it will be for me. Please help,.
    Luna
    1232 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luna1959 View Post
    I have not been on here in a few days because i have not had anyone respond to me. I dont know if i should start a new thread or if I am even getting my messages out there. I tried to taper down and thinking maybe I went down to far. I have been depressed all week. I am going through a lot of personal issues and just cant seem to focus. I am having a hard tine just posting on here. If i dont get any one to respond to my post i guess i will start a new hone and hope i am doing it rigjt this time. I wish i could delete smy old post and start fresh so i dont get confused. If anyone is out there willing to help a 59 year old female get over this please help. I devorced my husband and deleted all my contacts moved to a place where no one knows me to get away from all the drugs and start a new healthy life. I started on the subs to help me do that and now i have been stuck on 1mg a day. I have gone on other web sites and also read sone horror stories on this sight. Because i am alone i am hoping to find a support group that can guide me through this. I am so worried about the withdrawals also I cant let my mother find out she is 85 years old and i cant put her though this. I dobt want her to be worried about me if i get sick from withdrawls. I wish i had done more reaserch on subs before i started taking them. My plan was to only be on them for no more than two weeks and it worked i was off opiates with no withdrawls. I suffer from cronic pain from an accident some days are good and some are bad but nothing as bad as withdrawls. I had a lot of subs left over and took a small piece for pain then a few days later i took another piece until a year went by abd now i have to take a sub when i get up just so i can get through the day. I have gone foe a few hays every now and then with no subs and i just curled up on the sofa and cried wobderibg hiw i could have done this to myself. I was off everything free and clear and all i think about if getting off theese tiny orange strips i take every day. I know the older i get the harder it will be for me. Please help,.
    Luna

Hey Luna -

No, please don't start another thread. It can get very confusing because all your info is in one place and if you have multiple threads people just don't have the time to look back and forth to find what going on. People still read and will respond here, but life goes on and we get busy. I work a very demanding job and try to have a personal life to. I can't be here all the time like some can. Be patients and keep posting. I'm sure the responses will come.

Now you're down to 1mg of sub and don't have far or long to go and you'll be off. You've received excellent advice from the other members here. Start fresh today and try and get stable on 1mg. Once you're feeling better then reduce your dose by 25% down to .75 mg daily. Repeat that process until you're down to at least .25mg and you can decide what to do at that point when you get there.

Keep in mind that you're getting off one powerful drug. It's strong and you have to fight for the right to be free of it. Get mad at the sub if you want. Be positive and use your determination, courage and willpower to push through any roadblocks. We all know what you're dealing with and we also know you can get through this. Yes, you can do it Luna.

Randy
    Luna1959, 1232 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Don't go anywhere Luna. Just like Randy said we do get busy. I usually check this place a couple times a day. But a lot of times I don't have enough time to post. I'm sure many others are the same way. This thread has already had 496 people read your story thus far. Most of them don't post but they're out there. Even if you don't get a response get on here and let it out. People are reading. It is therapeutic in a way. Just putting your thoughts to paper so to speak. I posted religiously on my thread for the first 45 days or so. It helped me out tremendously.

Get yourself squared away with your taper. You can do this!! Once you're good to go on 1mg. Take it to .75 just like Randy said. It's gonna be ok!!

We're here for you!!
    Have a great night
    Beef
    Luna1959 and 1232 like this.

Thank you Randy and Beef being new here i thought maybe I was posting in the wrong place or they were not showing up at all. I was worried that I did not have enough subs to taper off with but I was able to get some more so I know I have enough to taper off with. Another thing i read about was medical issues people had from stopping so I want to make sure I am stable before I reduce the amount I am taking. Also like I said I am 58 tears old and have read yje older you are the harder it is. I understand you all have a life and to make time to help people like me means a lot. It takes a special kind of person to take time out of your busy life to help us. So I will keep posting and get this done. Thanks for caring.
    Luna
    1232 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

I read a post from a rehab clinic that said you can suffer from bad withdrawals even during the taper and suffer withdrawals for months after the taper has finished. They talk about different medication to help with withdrawals. I am confused about imodium and is it safe to take with subs. They say it has some sort of opiate in it and i know you cant take opiates while taking subs because it can put you into withdrawals right away. I am really confused once i taper off subs and stop all together will i continue to suffer from withdrawals, lack of sleep,RLS, upset stomach, mood swings and so on. I just dont know what to expect a week after i am done with the taper. The more I read the more confused I get. I know I have a ways to go but i would like to be mentaly ready for this.. Again i will be going through this alone just me and my cat who gives me lots of love that goodness for her. I cant drive so its hard for me to get around. It would be nice to go to meetings. I wounder if they have online aa or na meetings or just someone i can talk to that understands what i am going through. What i am really worried about is taking some medication that should not be taken with subs or other nedication i am on. Any thoughts on this..
    Thanks
    Luna

You're coming off a very strong drug with the subs. So you're gonna have some w/d symptoms no matter what. It's part of the process. But the lower you taper down the less severe they will be. As far as the taper goes. When you make your drops you may experience some mild discomfort while your body adjusts to the lower dose. That's why it's imperative that you stay on the dose until you are stable. Sometimes it's 4 days, sometimes longer, maybe seven days. You don't want to make a drop until you're completely stable. (No w/d symptoms)

Imodium, it was a lifesaver for me during my sub detox. It is technically an opiate but it does not cross the blood brain barrier. It binds to the receptors in your stomach. There are horror stories floating around out there about people taking massive amounts of it and becoming addicted. But those are few and far between. Try not to pay attention to them. If you take it as directed and needed you'll be just fine. Liquid form is best. I would take one dose and it would last me for 2-3 days. Works great!!!

It's hard to say how long you'll have symptoms when you jump. Everyone heals differently. But let's not look too far into the future and worry you to death. Let's take this slow. One day at a time. Let's work on that first drop when you're ready from 1mg to .75 mg. That's our first goal. No sense looking too far ahead. I will say that I jumped from 1mg and had to work every day and I have a semi physically demanding job. So it can be done and you won't need to stay in bed for a month. Staying active will help you tremendously during this process. Even if it's a walk around the block.

You can do this Luna!!
    We're in your back pocket!!
    Beef
    Luna1959 likes this.

I am going to try and start my taper in tne morning. I found out today that they continued the trial for another two months so I dont have to go to court and testify this week. I hate the fact tgat i will be doing this alone. I am sure i will be posting a lot since i dont have anyone to talk to but i know i did the rigjt thing by deleting everyone frome my life. They were not my friends and did not care about me. So i will try snd get a good night sleep tonight and see how it goes this week
    Luna

I am going to try and make even 1mg pieces of sub strips for 4 days then try and cut even .75mg for for another 4 or 5 days the drop down to .50mg and see how it goes. I got a good night sleep so i think today is a good day to start. I will try and take a walk outside and also do some things around my apartment ro keep me ocupied. It is just mevand my cat and i get so lonley with no one to talk to. I am devorced now after 27 years of marriage and i never expected my life to end up this way. I need to push myself to get up and do something. Got to get off the sofa.
    Luna..

I have been suffering from anxiety all day. I am going for a walk to try and deal with it. I cant beleive how many people are on drugs in my city in florida even people at my age 59years old. I have been going to church but have not been able to meet anyone. I hate being alone all the time but its better than being with my ex huxband and the bad people he deals with. At least i am safe away from those people. I am so afraid of being alone. The only people i feel save with is my mother 85yrs old and an ex fiance who lives in california we dated 40 years ago and have keot incontack for 40 years. I plan on visiting him within the next month or two. He plans on taking me to Europe if all goes well with this taper. At least i have something to look forward to....

Wavision is offline Member

Hey Luna

Don't beat yourself up about being alone right now.

Look at it this way, you're going to get off this >>>> and work on you right now, so that in 6 months or a year or whenever you do meet someone, you will be a new and improved person.

This gives you something to look forward to. Small steps...first step is getting through the sub taper one day at a time.

Once you overcome this, you can fix other things if needed, then you can really make an effort to meet someone.

You will not be alone forever. Just work on you now though and don't stress over it. You do not need any more stress when going through this.

Do you usually have anxiety?? I'm currently at .125mg and was getting ready to do the skip days. Then I got hit with the flu, so I'm waiting until this is gone to do them.

Im generally an anxious person and have had some days and times through this where my anxiety has spiked.

I actually just got prescribed a ssri for my anxiety for the first time in my life. Other than that, I plan on going to a psychologist to work through it as well. I've read great things about the combination of a ssri and therapy.

This year I set out to become the best version of me and that started on Jan 2nd with my taper. Next step was to take control of my anxiety and I have now started the ball rolling with that....

You can do the same....you never know who you might meet or what the future holds in 6 months -a year. Just make sure you are ready for it.
    Beefaroni7272 and Luna1959 like this.

Thank you for responding to my message Wavision. I am not worried about meeting someone I have been in contact with my ex fiancee that i have been in contact with for forty years. I dated him before my ex husband. He lives in California and we talk every day. He is a doctor and i don't want him to know what i am going through. I went to visit him last year when i got off opiates and subs and i don't want to let him down and let him know i am back on the subs. I really want off these things so i can go visit him. One problem with my taper is i go to my moms house every Friday and come home Monday so that only gives me a few days to start my taper and get stable. It is also hard for me to break the strips in even pieces. I got the strips even in eight pieces so i have perfectly even one mg pieces. I am trying to figure out how to get even .750 peices now i can try to drop down from 1mg to an even .50mg with no problem. I am wondering if you i might be able to go down by half or should i try and see if it works. As for me talking about being alone i realized that I had no friends i just new people who took drugs and wanted party pals. I was hoping to meet friends who were drug free and i met a few people in my apartment that i thought might be good friends but sure enough they were on drugs. Its hard to meet people when you don't work. I am just trying to figure out how to taper and get stable during the three days i am home and not at my moms house. I know if i cancel a weekend she will worrie and come see me and i don't know what to expect so i am realy confused. I hope i am making myself clear. As for anxiety i am on medication for that. I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for years.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna

Again thank you to all for your help....
    Luna

Hey luna. I personallywouldnt recommend a 50% drop. From everything I've read under 1mg is where the taper starts to get tougher. Your body is receiving less and less sub and it takes some time to stabalize. I don't want to scare you in any way. I jumped from 1mg and I would not recommend it. It was brutal to say the least. If you can make it over to wavision's thread you'll get a better idea of how the taper should go. He has had lazer precision on his taper. It's been truly amazing to follow his journey. Maybe he can drop you a link to it. I'm on my phone so I can't do it now. Sorry.

As far as the strips go. Get some tweezers and scissors. Makes it a lot easier that way. Take the 1mg pieces and cut them in half. Then take one of the halfs and cut it in half. Then you'll have one .5mg piece and two .25mg pieces. Take one of each and then you'll have a .25 piece ready to go for the next day. You can put it in foil and label it with a sharpie to make sure you get the right dose. At this low a dose it's very important that you get the proper dosage.

Keep posting!! We're here for you
    Beef
    Luna1959 likes this.

Omg why didn't i think of that. Its so simple. Thank you for that simple solution. I will start that tomorrow.
    Luna

Hey Luna

Beef mentioned my thread. Here is a link to it if you wanna read it

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...-me-74335.html

As beef mentioned, you should only drop a max of 25% each drop.

As for cutting the strips, I bought a film cutting guide online. Basically it is a paper that you lay your strip on and on the paper are lines showing you exactly how to cut pretty much any dose you could possibly need.

Lay the strip on the paper and use a razor blade to make the cuts.

It was $10 and well worth it. I couldn't imagine doing the taper without it.

If you Google "rx film cutting guide" it will be on the first website.

The guide has allowed me to make sure I am getting the exact dose I should be, which is critical.

Here are the doses I took from 1mg down to .125

1mg
    .75mg
    .56mg
    .43mg
    .375mg
    .313mg
    .25mg
    .188mg
    .125mg

Keep your drops at 25% or even smaller for minimal issues.

Does this make sense??
    Beefaroni7272 and Luna1959 like this.

Thanks for the information on the rx film cutting guide. I just want to make sure it's the one that i have to download and print and its not something i would have too order. Also won't it cut through the paper when i cut the strips up that is another reason i want Rio make sure i have found the correct rx film cutter. I will have to get a razor blade or would a box cuter work because it will be easier for me too hold. I guess i will have to get out and do some shopping. Also will i be able to go out and do things like church on sunday and spending weekends at my moms or will i be sick with stomach issues and other withdrawals? Thanks for any advice or information you could give me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna

Quote Originally Posted by Luna1959 View Post
    Thanks for the information on the rx film cutting guide. I just want to make sure it's the one that i have to download and print and its not something i would have too order. Also won't it cut through the paper when i cut the strips up that is another reason i want Rio make sure i have found the correct rx film cutter. I will have to get a razor blade or would a box cuter work because it will be easier for me too hold. I guess i will have to get out and do some shopping. Also will i be able to go out and do things like church on sunday and spending weekends at my moms or will i be sick with stomach issues and other withdrawals? Thanks for any advice or information you could give me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Luna
    Yes, it is the one you download and print. It's like $10.

It will get emailed to you.

I used a box cutter and a ruler. I would line the ruler up with the lines and cut. If you just drag the box cutter across the strip it will create nice cut lines so then you can use scissors to make the full cut.

If you do happen to cut through whole way through the strip and paper, you can just print it out again....no big deal. It will be in your email.

Also, on the guide there is a side for the 8mg strips and a side for the 2mg strips. You just need to use the correct side.

I have not had to miss anything through my taper. Sleep might be a little rough here and there. If you take it nice and slow and keep every drop at 25% or less, you won't have to miss anything.

I was able to drop my dose after 4 days throughout my whole taper until I hit .25mg. I stayed there for 5 days, then 7 days at .18 and my plan was to be on .125 for 7 days and then do the skip days.

However, after 7 days I have caught the flu and it's been pretty horrible. I'm still at .125 until this flu is gone. I will then proceed with the skip days and jump.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-15-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    Luna1959 likes this.

I see they have a taper rx cutting guide for 8mg and 2mg subs do you know if they have one for a 4mg strip? I was going to use the 4 mg strips when i started to get to a small amount because i thought it would be easier. Also i tried to use a box cutter today and had a hard time cutting the strip because it moved all over the place maybe the blade was not sharp enough. I will see if my mom can take me to get some Imodium and a new box cutter and ruler this weekend. This is when it gets hard for me because i am with her from friday until monday. Maybe i should start my taper on mondays and get get stable but then i will have to wait until the following monday to drop my dose again. I just cant seem to figure out how to do this but i am going to try. If i have issues can i say on a dose for longer that 4 or 5 days and drop down every seven days. Thanks
    Luna

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast