Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes
New to this forum...
    Jgray19896 is offline Member

Default New to this forum...

I'm new here. I have been reading through these posts for over a year. I have been truly inspired and touched by some of the story's I have read here. I'm 28 with 3 kids and a beautiful loving girlfriend. My story is long so ill spare all of you the fine details. I got hooked on hydrocodone while working at my job. It was a very demanding manufacturing job where I would work a minimum of 10 hours two 14 hours a day but I hinged more on the 14 side since i have always been an over achiever. I quickly climbed the ranks and became supervisor within two years of my employment. Well because of the long hours and working 6 days a week i was obviously in constant soreness and pain especially in the summer. One day my buddy offered me a hydro and that was the end of that. Working 14 hours was no longer an issue and I was super man. Needless to say it went on like that for a while. One day I said I have had enough and switched to suboxone. I have been on that for a year now. I take 4 mg a day split morning and night. I recently lost my job because I was injured and they drug tested me. I was fired on the spot after 6 years of being one of there hardest workers because of suboxone. I love my family more than anything and need off of this drug. It no longer benefits me and my family deserves me to be the man I used to be. They need me to be that motivated high energy father that they know I am. When I look at my kids i want to cry because this is not who i am. I never ment to get to this point in my life. I never thought in a million years I would end up down this road. I have always been energetic and loving and as helpful and selfless as I can be. Everyone has always leaned on my for support... The downside is I don't have that person to lean on for support.. I need help. I need my life back and that spark back. I need to be whole and healthy again. For my kids, for my girlfriend, and for me. I'm terrified to come off of such a powerful drug. See it in your hearts to help guide me in the right direction and help me find that first step to change my life back...
    Thank you so much to those who read this and for those who are in the same place we will make it out on the other side free and fresh to the world.

Shimmy7 is offline Junior Member

Hey there. I too am new to this site and have also been reading and lurking in the shadows for a long time. So you were fired for being on Suboxone??? I assume you were getting the film on the street then? i am in a similar position. I really want to start the subs and taper off. I'm done things illegally and really want to be legit in obtaining the subs. I want to stop all the behavior that allows me to keep my addiction going. I've been doing things my way for a long time and it's gotten me nowhere! did you go to a dr? I'm so afraid that i won't be able to find a doctor that takes my insurance. how did you go about it?

Thank you for the response. I haven't gone to a Dr. For it. I too am afraid of finding a Dr who will take me. Especially since I just lost my job and no longer have insurance. I have been obtaining mine from a close friend on a similar journey as us, It doesn't feel like a dirty drug deal seeing as were good friends and he wants to be clean also. He has been a blessing and has helped me stay healthy and away from relapse. Anyways it seems like you haven't started a sub plan yet? If you don't mind my asking what are you currently taking? Because if it's something you can easily quit I would suggest that rout first. If not then yes subs can be a god send but they're no walk in the park to get off of either. If you do decide to go the sub rout taking that first step will help. Just start inquiring with doctors and see what they can do. There's doctors that take all types of insurance. Just take that first step and it will feel so liberating to leave that old life behind.
    Shimmy7 likes this.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi jgray-

First & foremost Welcome! I know of subs but have no experience or knowledge to give solid advise. Just hold tight & the pros will be by soon to give instructions.

Just wanted to respond to your request for direction on your first step. Good thing is I don't have to say much because you have already taken your first step when you decided no more & made the decision to reclaim your life. Yep it's that easy. With that out the way it's time to get to work. I see your no stranger to hard work. This is totally mind over matter kind of work.

I'm only about 60 days in but I can share with you this- those superpowers u got from a bottle will come back 10 fold in time.

Best of Luck my Friend- a new life is waiting for you.

Luv & Light,

~CC
    Shimmy7 likes this.

That's great that you have a close friend to confide in and help you with your recovery. I have been dancing with Oxy for about three years now but my usage really skyrocketed that last two months. I take between 180-210 mg of Oxy a day. I cannot even believe i'm up to that much. There is no way i can CT that amount....i don't think i'm strong enough. I know how powerful suboxone is but i'm hopeful that if i have a decent dr, i can taper successfully. What were you taking?

I really appreciate the warm welcome. I have been reading these forums forever and never thought I would get such a quick and warm welcome. My fear was being burried underneath the other stories. A lot of these members are fighting a much harder battle than me but it's still nice to know I have found support. And to shimmy. I was taking hydrocodone but I was no stranger to oxys. They are a powerful drug. But just as I have, you already took a huge step in becoming part of this forum. The support here is absolutely overwhelming. If you do decide to start a sub taper. Please find a good doctor who has YOUR best interest in mind. You got to stay true to yourself and stick to his plan the best you can. I wish I would have searched for the right doctor when I first started my suboxone treatment. You can and will do it with the right mindset and you seem more than ready to get clean and get your life back. Getting off of pills alone is the biggest weight off your chest. Then just keep focused on the end goal.

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. I'm rooting for you We can do this. So many emotions...disappointed in myself, angry, scared...but it's fueling me to do better. Much luck to you along the way.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jgray19896 View Post
    I'm new here. I have been reading through these posts for over a year. I have been truly inspired and touched by some of the story's I have read here. I'm 28 with 3 kids and a beautiful loving girlfriend. My story is long so ill spare all of you the fine details. I got hooked on hydrocodone while working at my job. It was a very demanding manufacturing job where I would work a minimum of 10 hours two 14 hours a day but I hinged more on the 14 side since i have always been an over achiever. I quickly climbed the ranks and became supervisor within two years of my employment. Well because of the long hours and working 6 days a week i was obviously in constant soreness and pain especially in the summer. One day my buddy offered me a hydro and that was the end of that. Working 14 hours was no longer an issue and I was super man. Needless to say it went on like that for a while. One day I said I have had enough and switched to suboxone. I have been on that for a year now. I take 4 mg a day split morning and night. I recently lost my job because I was injured and they drug tested me. I was fired on the spot after 6 years of being one of there hardest workers because of suboxone. I love my family more than anything and need off of this drug. It no longer benefits me and my family deserves me to be the man I used to be. They need me to be that motivated high energy father that they know I am. When I look at my kids i want to cry because this is not who i am. I never ment to get to this point in my life. I never thought in a million years I would end up down this road. I have always been energetic and loving and as helpful and selfless as I can be. Everyone has always leaned on my for support... The downside is I don't have that person to lean on for support.. I need help. I need my life back and that spark back. I need to be whole and healthy again. For my kids, for my girlfriend, and for me. I'm terrified to come off of such a powerful drug. See it in your hearts to help guide me in the right direction and help me find that first step to change my life back...
    Thank you so much to those who read this and for those who are in the same place we will make it out on the other side free and fresh to the world.

Hello and welcome to you. If you've been reading here for years then you are probably aware of Robert's Sub Therapy Plan? Here's the link to it below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

You can skip down to the taper section seeing as you've been on the sub a while. Basically the taper plans you reducing your dose by 25% every 4 or so days. You spend at least 4 full days on a dose and if you're stable with little or no wd's then you drop by 25% down to the nxt dose. Spend at least 4 full days there and if stable reduce again. This process is repeated until you're down to at least .25mg of sub per day.

Now if at the end of 4 days on a dose if you're not stable and are having some wd symptoms you should spend a day, perhaps 2 or 3 days longer on that dose until you are stable. Never drop if you aren't stable because symptoms will follow you the entire taper.

Thank goodness you're not on a massive dose of sub like some that come here for help. 4mg spilt into 2 doses is very reasonable. If you follow the taper plan closely you'll be off the sub soon and should have a fairly soft landing when you do.

Read over the taper plan. Ask any questions you might have. Several here can help and advise you along the way. I'm not here much these days but do pop in every so often. I'm mpre than willing to help you through this as I'm able.

Take care and just know you CAN do this. I was absuing drugs of every kind for about 18 years, went from methadone to suboxone and tapered off the subs. I now have over 3 years clean. I had my doubts I would ever get clean but here I am. So you certainly can do it if I can!

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Amberdew likes this.

I'm thrilled to have this kind of support. I know it's a bit dark to say but it's true and honest, but after a lot of dark days and struggle you lose faith in people having that willingness to help other people out. It's refreshing to have people in this forum helping eachother out and spending their free time helping complete strangers and honestly saving lives along the way. Lives saved without ever knowing they were saved or knowing without a doubt a life was saved. I'm rambling but i wasn't expecting coming in as a complete new guy to this forum and within minutes receiving support. Yes I have been lurking these forums for quite some time and yes I'm very well aware of Roberts taper plan. I have it saved in my phone with a reminder set every day. That's the problem though. That reminder has been going off on my phone every single day when I wake up for 4 months now and I still haven't taken the first step. My biggest obstical is myself. I'm stubborn and when I set a goal to do something then usually do everything I can to reach that goal no matter what. This is the one goal I can't start. The one goal that has ever held me up or I didn't have confidence to achieve. How do I break free and take that first step and push all of that fear aside? I'm not working right now. It's the first time in 12 years i haven't had a job so there's no better time to quit, but I have already squandered a month without so much as a minor reduction in dose. I lost my job because of this drug. It saved my life and then took my job from me all within the same year. I love it but I hate it and ultimately need to be off of it. You guys are experienced on helping people so please help me just start my taper. I swear once I start I will see it through to the end.
    Randy35 likes this.

I'm thrilled to have this kind of support. I know it's a bit dark to say but it's true and honest, but after a lot of dark days and struggle you lose faith in people having that willingness to help other people out. It's refreshing to have people in this forum helping eachother out and spending their free time helping complete strangers and honestly saving lives along the way. Lives saved without ever knowing they were saved or knowing without a doubt a life was saved. I'm rambling but i wasn't expecting coming in as a complete new guy to this forum and within minutes receiving support. Yes I have been lurking these forums for quite some time and yes I'm very well aware of Roberts taper plan. I have it saved in my phone with a reminder set every day. That's the problem though. That reminder has been going off on my phone every single day when I wake up for 4 months now and I still haven't taken the first step. My biggest obstical is myself. I'm stubborn and when I set a goal to do something then usually do everything I can to reach that goal no matter what. This is the one goal I can't start. The one goal that has ever held me up or I didn't have confidence to achieve. How do I break free and take that first step and push all of that fear aside? I'm not working right now. It's the first time in 12 years i haven't had a job so there's no better time to quit, but I have already squandered a month without so much as a minor reduction in dose. I lost my job because of this drug. It saved my life and then took my job from me all within the same year. I love it but I hate it and ultimately need to be off of it. You guys are experienced on helping people so please help me just start my taper. I swear once I start I will see it through to the end.

Ok, no problem. So if you're REALLY ready to do this the first move is to reduce your current 4mg daily dose by 25% which will make the new dose a total of 3mg per day. Do it today. If you've already taken your 2mg dose as usual then later in the day just take 1mg to make a total of 3mg for the day. If you haven't taken that first 2mg dose then still drop to 3mg, but split it equally and take 1.5mg in the am and 1.5mg later in the day about 8-10 hours apart. It's also very important to take your dose(s) at the same time each day to keep a level amount in your system. And you're on your way!

Plan on spending 4 days on 3mg and if you're stable with little or no wd's on the 4th day then you'll reduce on the 5th day by 25% down to 2.25mg per day. You can split that by taking 1mg and 1.25mg accordingly. In the event you're having a few wd symptoms on the 4th day then you should take another day or two on that dose and then reduce only if stable. Some doses may take longer than others. Or you may be fully ready to reduce on the 5th day on every dose, it varies from person to person.

Take that first step and reduce TODAY and everything will fall into place.

Randy

Ljo9092 is offline New Member

Hi there,
    My story Is very similiar to yours was taking about 10-15 lortabs a day, and went into outpatient treatment and was put on suboxone, i was on suboxone for 3 years until I could no longer afford going. Well needless to say those withdrawals were so bad, I relapse back to lortabs, until 7 days ago I couldn't do it anymore, I'm so tired of a drug controlling my life, it determine if I'm happy or not, counting pills, running behind people for pills who act like they give a damn about you, but you're nothing but an income to them. I graduated with my bachelors degree on July 29, and had to send my son to the car with my purse, because there was a purse check and I knew I had illegal lortabs in my purse. You have to know in your heart and soul enough is enough. you can do it.

Thank you. I'm ready to do this. I have been putting it off and making excuses for much too long. I have already taken my first dose as i did not open my phone to check this forum. I was up very early into the morning going through this forum reading stories. Needless to say I woke up very late and am in that groggy omg why did I sleep that long mind frame. Quick question please randy, yesterday was my first day going back to the sublingual strips. Previous I was on the tablet form for over half a year. I'm assuming I won't have any negative effects switching between the two? If you haven't gathered yet, I'm not obtaining them from a doctor. One of my good friends is on a similar journey but he is coming clean from a much stronger opiate. Anyways he has been supplying me for a year now and helping me stay on the straight and narrow path. Usually he gets the tablets so that's what I have been getting and now it seems he has strips. Just need to make sure I don't need to adjust anything before starting my reduction. I feel the strips will be much much easier to divide and get better results with. Any Input would be awesome. Thanks again more than anything for taking the time to do this with me. My kids and girlfriend thank you as well. Well.. my kids don't know because they are too young to understand. Anyways I'm currently not working so you have my full attention on this. You're a life saver.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Getting off pills was the best decision I have made. You're absolutely right about having "drug buddies" misery loves company and drug dealers love money. It's a dark place where your mind and body focus on one thing and one thing only, getting by for one more day. The constant struggle of texting and making phone calls and the countless hours of my life spent waiting in my car for my fix. Opening and closing your phone screen waiting for that text saying "im here". That whole process was a drug in itself. Being deep in withdrawl, finally getting that text or call was a rush all on it's own. I'm glad I was able to break that cycle over a year ago. Now it's time to battle the drug that saved me from it all. Suboxone.

The time wasted is what gets me ...almost as much as the money! There are so many things i wanted to get done this summer but have wasted time and energy making sure "i'll be ok" as in "have enough pills." It's ridiculous. I feel like such a sham sometimes. I have people that look up to me and i know what i've been doing. It sucks. it really sucks.

Your experience shimmy hits so close to home with me. I'm really hoping I can see your progress through this and help you along the way
    Shimmy7 likes this.

Thank you JGray!!! I don't know if you saw my post but i'm super hopeful. i made my apt for next week
    Jgray19896 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome J!

Have you made that first reduction? If not, don't be afraid. Just do it! I don't think that you're going to have any trouble at all. You've been taking 4mg for a year,right? With the stacking that sub does because of the long half life, you have plenty in your system that your first reductions just might be without event. Only one way to find out.

I saw your question about tabs >> strips. There should be no difference just be sure you know the strength of the strips. I'm sure you know that they come in both 8mg and 2mg strengths so just check them to confirm which you have. A razor blade or small sharp scissors work best. Hold onto the strip with a pair of tweezers. You might check YouTube if you want to watch someone make the divisions. Harry Smooth, who used to be very active on this Forum posted a video on YouTube. His video may only be for splitting the tablets but check and see.

Keep posting! Glad you hooked up with Shimmy. Having a taper buddy really helps. You can motivate and support each other. Awesome stuff. Welcome again! Hope that I continue seeing you post like crazy.

Peace,

Cat

Oh yes I'm very familiar with strips. When I first started suboxone it was the strips. And yes I have been on 4 mg a day for a year. Split doses 2mg in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Haven't relapsed since then and haven't changed my dosing. Anyways I don't know if it's mental or not but you mentioned the half life of subs and i have read several times about it as well. Anyways it seems if I miss my second dose even by an hour or so that I feel withdrawl symptoms. Maybe it's because I'm very active with a good metabolism? Or is it possibly mental? I have considered it being a mental thing but it seems to happen an hour after a missed dose without fail. Even if I'm doing something really fun and not aware of the time the wd symptoms creep up on me. Anyways today was a bust because of me wanting to see how I felt going back to strips, which I haven't noticed a difference other than a small amount of stomach pain. Tomorrow morning though bright and early I will start my first dose reduction. Thanks again everyone for your continued support. To whoever may be in a similar situation, keep your head up. You can do it
    Catrina likes this.

Uuummm I don't know what kind of medicine you're offering or if this is spam but please be careful how you word things and present yourself. You're dealing with struggling addicts, we who are struggling cling to words like "cure" "pain relief" and "sleep" unless you are licensed for medical practice please refrain from offering medication.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-17-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Oh yes I'm very familiar with strips. When I first started suboxone it was the strips. And yes I have been on 4 mg a day for a year. Split doses 2mg in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Haven't relapsed since then and haven't changed my dosing. Anyways I don't know if it's mental or not but you mentioned the half life of subs and i have read several times about it as well. Anyways it seems if I miss my second dose even by an hour or so that I feel withdrawl symptoms. Maybe it's because I'm very active with a good metabolism? Or is it possibly mental? I have considered it being a mental thing but it seems to happen an hour after a missed dose without fail. Even if I'm doing something really fun and not aware of the time the wd symptoms creep up on me. Anyways today was a bust because of me wanting to see how I felt going back to strips, which I haven't noticed a difference other than a small amount of stomach pain. Tomorrow morning though bright and early I will start my first dose reduction. Thanks again everyone for your continued support. To whoever may be in a similar situation, keep your head up. You can do it
    Might be partly mental but the other part of this is that remember, you are only taking half of your daily dose in the morning so it would make sense to me that you will need that second dose to keep you until the following day. Think of it this way, if you were to reduce to 2mg/day cutting your current dose in half, you would likely feel that so until you take the second half of your daily dose your body just might be feeling the shortage. It would be interesting to see if you took the entire day's dose at once in the morning if it'd keep you the full twenty four hours. I bet it would.

Good luck tomorrow. Be sure to give us an update.

Peace

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Might be partly mental but the other part of this is that remember, you are only taking half of your daily dose in the morning so it would make sense to me that you will need that second dose to keep you until the following day. Think of it this way, if you were to reduce to 2mg/day cutting your current dose in half, you would likely feel that so until you take the second half of your daily dose your body just might be feeling the shortage. It would be interesting to see if you took the entire day's dose at once in the morning if it'd keep you the full twenty four hours. I bet it would.

Good luck tomorrow. Be sure to give us an update.

Peace

Cat
    I have considered taking the full 4mg in the morning but sometimes if I take my morning dose and it's a little teeny tiny bit bigger I feel the difference. I think I might be overly sensitive to sub but yeah if my dose is just a little bigger i get that nasuas feeling and can't focus. I wanted to do just one dose a day because I want to break that "re-dose" mentality. Also I don't know if you noticed but somewhere I posted saying that i have never in the year that I have been on subs, known or have taken the exact dose. I usually just break the tablets i had into quarters. I'm sure you're aware that it's very inaccurate so my dosing has technically been all over the place. I know I'm in the realm of 4 mg a day but somedays it might be a bit less and other days a bit more. I just want to make sure you know all the fine details because this is the first-time I have sought out help. I came clean to my girlfriend the day I started subs because I knew that would be the only way I could truly get clean. Coming clean to her and my family was the most freeing feeling I have felt. The burden was lifted and the understanding I recived from them was overwhelming. My girlfriend though is clueless on how to help me and she feels bad about it but I reassured her that just the fact that she believes in me and holds nothing against me is more than enough help. Sorry for the wall of text. I know I'm not the only one you guys have to help and work with so it means the world yo me that complete strangers are taking the time to walk me through this. It's definitely restored the faith I have slowly lost in people. It seems very few people anymore want to help one another. Its a shame but it's people like you that save lives and change futures and bring family's back together. The fact that it's all on your own time is truly a testament to your character and i hope that karma is treating you well. Can't thank you enough

Well today marks day one of my reduction. I will check back as the day unfolds. Good morning everybody

Well today marks day one of my reduction. I will check back as the day unfolds. Good morning everybody
    Great! Come back later and let us know how you're feeling. i hope you have a great day

Well so far so good. Just took my second dose and haven't had any issues at all. Tomorrow will be what I'm curious about as far as symptoms go but I'm very optimistic. I have been trying to stay off the forum so I don't get Into my head. I'll keep checking in through the day and night. I really appreciate the support. Seriously. I wasn't expecting this forum and it's people to be so involved. All the people that need help, some have it worse than me and some have it easier but you guys still find the time to check in on me. You're all good people and karma will come around to you when you're at your lowest. I don't really believe in karma but with this kind of kindness I'm becoming a believer

Just checking in with an update. Feeling a bit icky which is so strange to me. I hear all these story's of people going days without a sign of withdrawl. That's a reason why I don't want to hang around on here too much sifting through story's because I try to constantly compare my situation and I know that's not good to do. Anyways feeling a little under the weather but honestly it's nothing bad. Still keeping my routine with no issue. Tomorrow will be a good indication of how this will all play out. A whole year of religiously taking my medication, no more and no less. It just recently dawned on me that I have no idea what withdrawl from subs feels like. Maybe I'm just hyping it up in my head because of the constant research and forum lurking. I hope that's the case and I have a smooth taper all the way to the finish.
    Catrina likes this.

Just checking in with an update. Feeling a bit icky which is so strange to me. I hear all these story's of people going days without a sign of withdrawl. That's a reason why I don't want to hang around on here too much sifting through story's because I try to constantly compare my situation and I know that's not good to do. Anyways feeling a little under the weather but honestly it's nothing bad. Still keeping my routine with no issue. Tomorrow will be a good indication of how this will all play out. A whole year of religiously taking my medication, no more and no less. It just recently dawned on me that I have no idea what withdrawl from subs feels like. Maybe I'm just hyping it up in my head because of the constant research and forum lurking. I hope that's the case and I have a smooth taper all the way to the finish.
    It's OK. You are supposed to feel the reduction for a couple of days just not so severe that you can't work and do whatever it is that you have to do. It'll take your body a few days to adjust and you'll be good to go with the next reduction. DON'T pay too much attention to what others post. I assure you, for every bad story, I could find another that shows their taper went well. Most often, if there are problems it's because someone reduced by too much or tried to reduce before they were stable. Frankly, I don't recall having read a thread reporting so much trouble that they couldn't manage by someone who was in the same place as you taking subs for some time and only then beginning to reduce. If there are problems, people generally have them from the get-go because either they didn't induct correctly or the subs just didn't agree with them. We already know that you can tolerate the subs so you're good there. Now you just have to remain patient and try to stop comparing every sneeze with how many sneezes someone else had. lol I know how hard that can be, by the way.. Instant gratification and all that stuff. With this first reduction, if it takes you a week to feel well enough and strong enough to make a reduction, there's nothing wrong with that. I know how much of a hurry we get into when we're finally doing what we need to do but you have been stagnant at the same dose for a year. What's another couple of days? Nothing. It's nothing.

Keep updating. You did it! YAY

Peace,

Cat

Thanks so much for checking in. No idea what time zone everyone is in but it's going on 1AM where I'm at. Just having a hard time sleeping but not really uncomfortable, I think I will be able to sleep very soon. So idk if it's too early to ask this since I literally just started my taper, but what should I expect for withdrawl symptoms if I do a proper taper and jump at the correct dose? Will it be a little better or worse relitve to time on subs and my dose? I just need to prepare myself and make arangments because I have kids. And it there will be a moment long or brief that I won't be able to care for them then I would like to make arrangements now. Thank you for your continued help and more important your knowledge on my situation. I'm just so ready to not have to reley on anything to keep my life normal. It's been a while since I have experienced genuine real honest to god feelings. I want my emotion and natural well being back. To me that's worth a small amount of pain and suffering. I'll update in the morning. Going to a theme park with the kids tomorrow hopefully it will help clear my head. Good night!!

Thanks so much for checking in. No idea what time zone everyone is in but it's going on 1AM where I'm at. Just having a hard time sleeping but not really uncomfortable, I think I will be able to sleep very soon. So idk if it's too early to ask this since I literally just started my taper, but what should I expect for withdrawl symptoms if I do a proper taper and jump at the correct dose? Will it be a little better or worse relitve to time on subs and my dose? I just need to prepare myself and make arangments because I have kids. And it there will be a moment long or brief that I won't be able to care for them then I would like to make arrangements now. Thank you for your continued help and more important your knowledge on my situation. I'm just so ready to not have to reley on anything to keep my life normal. It's been a while since I have experienced genuine real honest to god feelings. I want my emotion and natural well being back. To me that's worth a small amount of pain and suffering. I'll update in the morning. Going to a theme park with the kids tomorrow hopefully it will help clear my head. Good night!!
    Jgray -

Yep, it's too early to ask. Well maybe not too early, but you shouldn't worry about that right now. Concentrate on your taper and the rest will fall into place. Try not to over-think this too much. The head games can have a negative effect on you, not what you want. If you follow the taper and reduce when you're stable, and reduce down to at least .25mg before jumping, then you'll have the best chance of having the least amount of symptoms.

As Cat previously mentioned, those that have problems with sub are always the ones that use it incorrectly, or taper it incorrectly. That's where all the horror storues come from. They are usually on extremely high doses for years too. You don't fall into that category. Your dose was never THAT high so be thankful.

Just continue on your way with the taper and make sure you reduce only when ready to reduce. Like Cat said, during the first day or two on a new dose your body needs that time to accept that new dose before it levels out. That's the reason it's suggested spending at least 4 full days on every dose, to give your system time to adjust.

Doing great Jgray!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Jgray -

Yep, it's too early to ask. Well maybe not too early, but you shouldn't worry about that right now. Concentrate on your taper and the rest will fall into place. Try not to over-think this too much. The head games can have a negative effect on you, not what you want. If you follow the taper and reduce when you're stable, and reduce down to at least .25mg before jumping, then you'll have the best chance of having the least amount of symptoms.

As Cat previously mentioned, those that have problems with sub are always the ones that use it incorrectly, or taper it incorrectly. That's where all the horror storues come from. They are usually on extremely high doses for years too. You don't fall into that category. Your dose was never THAT high so be thankful.

Just continue on your way with the taper and make sure you reduce only when ready to reduce. Like Cat said, during the first day or two on a new dose your body needs that time to accept that new dose before it levels out. That's the reason it's suggested spending at least 4 full days on every dose, to give your system time to adjust.

Doing great Jgray!

Randy
    Awesome advice. Really appreciate all the insight. I will take it one day at a time and stay away from any story's about subs for a while. Today went well. Took the kids to a theme park and didn't have my mind on it. No symptoms at all during the day today which is awesome because i thought day 2 of a reduction would yield some symptoms but I'm pleasantly surprised. Anyways the day wiped me out so I think I won't have an issue sleeping. Tomorrow i will check in. Good night!
    Randy35 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast