Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Ok here we go!!!
    excited4change is offline Junior Member

Default Ok here we go!!!

Ok here is my story...
    I take 6 10/325 norcos 2 to 3 times a day steady for the last 15 years. I have toren rotertater cufs in both shoulders pain in neck and low back pain. I just want off!!! I don't make it to my next script and have to get them on the streets and I just can't afford to do it any more. I'm a middle class house wife with an amazing supportive husband and great kids! I can't spend any more money. I pay the bills first but anything extra is gone. We should have more but we never do with out! I make sure if that!

So surgery for my shoulder is coming up and I don't have the meds to make it and I have been told that I can do the surgery with the sub so I'm going to start it. I have Roberts plan and it is what I want to try. But with the surgery I can't start any kind of taper till I'm done with physical therapy. So I have a few Norfolk left then I will start my detox over the weekend so I can start induction I have had my first app with the sub dr and they are waiting for the to call ready for induction.

I guess my first question would be has anyone had surgery on sub? How did it go ?

Thank you all for the inspiration & support you have already given by me reading.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-08-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Jgray19896 is offline Member

Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. I have not personally had surgery while on subs so I can't give advice there. I do want to ask though, once you switch to suboxone are you planning on tapering and then staying clean? Or would you have to go back to the norocos to manage your pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Jgray19896 View Post
    Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. I have not personally had surgery while on subs so I can't give advice there. I do want to ask though, once you switch to suboxone are you planning on tapering and then staying clean? Or would you have to go back to the norocos to manage your pain?
    Thank you for the welcome!
    I want to taper as soon as I can after surgery and find other ways to deal with my pain. acupuncture, CBDs, salves I cant do this anymore there has just got to be a better way!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-10-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Jgray19896 is offline Member

Sorry I have not responded sooner. I'm on my own journey of recovery. I think it's fantastic, and I really mean this, that you want to find an alternative. You know your body so if the pain is manageable after you completely heal from surgery then I say go for it. Reach down and find that fire! Get mad at the drugs and take back control! I long for the life I had before this fog of addiction. The way it sounds you're ready too. If you are serious about this then check back after your surgery and when you're ready to fight this thing. As for the advice on your original post I hope you find the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jgray19896 View Post
    Sorry I have not responded sooner. I'm on my own journey of recovery. I think it's fantastic, and I really mean this, that you want to find an alternative. You know your body so if the pain is manageable after you completely heal from surgery then I say go for it. Reach down and find that fire! Get mad at the drugs and take back control! I long for the life I had before this fog of addiction. The way it sounds you're ready too. If you are serious about this then check back after your surgery and when you're ready to fight this thing. As for the advice on your original post I hope you find the answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Howdy -

Sorry no one has responded. I've helped several people on and off subs while preparing for surgery, and afterwards. It's not so scary if you follow a few suggestions.

I read your other thread and see you have shoulder and neck problems. Sorry to hear that and hope you get some relief from the upcoming surgery.

To prepare for surgery while on subs what you want to do is completely STOP taking the subs for about 3 or more days BEFORE the planned surgery. This will allow some of the sub to dissapate and the long half life to catch up with itself. The longer you can go without the subs the better it will be. I'm suspecting you'll be on narcotic pain meds after the surgery and if you completely stop the subs beforehand the pain meds will do their job. You'll be able to get relief from the surgery.

What you do after the surgery is very important. If you plan on going back to the subs then you'll want to redo the induction process getting on the lowest possible dose of subs. Same as you hopefully did previously?

There are those that actually use surgery to get off the subs. They plan on taking the narcotic pain meds for a week or so then stop them either by cold turkey or tapering. Cold turkey is probably best and be done with it. This has to be YOUR call and no one can decide for you. If your habit isn't a huge one I would NOT use the subs again and go CT off the pain meds. It's important not to use the pain meds for a lengthy time so you don't build up a tolerance, become dependent or addicted. Instead use OTC meds such as Aleve, Motrin, Tylenol or Ibuprofin. Work with your doctor on this and he/she will help you.

Let us know how it's going by posting often. We're here to help and support you. I'll check back later to see if you've responded. Take care and hope this helps.

Randy

I talked to the sub dr and he said that they have ppl do surgery all the time on sub, that the ortho dr will give me norcos after for break out pain. I'm confused who that works? Going into surgery 3 days detoxing sounds just as crazy. I just took my last of my norcos waiting to be 26 on the chart then going to induction and I'm scared to death.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by excited4change View Post
    I talked to the sub dr and he said that they have ppl do surgery all the time on sub, that the ortho dr will give me norcos after for break out pain. I'm confused who that works? Going into surgery 3 days detoxing sounds just as crazy. I just took my last of my norcos waiting to be 26 on the chart then going to induction and I'm scared to death.

I read your reply on the other thread of yours. Please keep to just one thread (this one) as it gets confusing if more than one is going at the same time. Glad you moved my reply here so we have all your info in one place. Thanks.

I assumed you were already on the subs. My fault. So you plan on inducting on Suboxone, then having the surgery, and back to the subs? Is that correct? And immediately after the surgery you plan on taking prescribed pain meds?

If you induct pre-surgery and are on the subs a while before the surgery you'll begin having a build up of subs in your system. And the subs are intended to BLOCK all other opiates from getting through. And they will do just that. So if you are taking subs right up to your surgery you may have trouble with pain relief post-surgery because the subs will do their job and block the pain meds. That's the reason for stopping the Suboxone for several days leading up to the surgery, so you can get relief from the pain meds that's prescribed by your surgeon.

Please don't rely on your sub doctor to understand this, the majority of them just don't get it and that's a fact. Suboxone is NOT a very good pain med. And after your planned surgery you may need relief and the Suboxone just won't cut it. Some people can get by with OTC meds after surgery. Some can't and need narcotic relief. If you have subs in your system those pain meds will most likely not give you the kind of relief you'll be wanting.

So IF you do induct and the surgery is down the road, if I were you I would stop taking the subs a few days (2-3 at least) BEFORE your surgery as I said previously so the pain meds (if you take them) will do their job. Then you can decide what to do afterwards, either back on the subs or not.

Hope this makes sense.

Randy

Randy

I read your reply on the other thread of yours. Please keep to just one thread (this one) as it gets confusing if more than one is going at the same time. Glad you moved my reply here so we have all your info in one place. Thanks.

I assumed you were already on the subs. My fault. So you plan on inducting on Suboxone, then having the surgery, and back to the subs? Is that correct? And immediately after the surgery you plan on taking prescribed pain meds?

If you induct pre-surgery and are on the subs a while before the surgery you'll begin having a build up of subs in your system. And the subs are intended to BLOCK all other opiates from getting through. And they will do just that. So if you are taking subs right up to your surgery you may have trouble with pain relief post-surgery because the subs will do their job and block the pain meds. That's the reason for stopping the Suboxone for several days leading up to the surgery, so you can get relief from the pain meds that's prescribed by your surgeon.

Please don't rely on your sub doctor to understand this, the majority of them just don't get it and that's a fact. Suboxone is NOT a very good pain med. And after your planned surgery you may need relief and the Suboxone just won't cut it. Some people can get by with OTC meds after surgery. Some can't and need narcotic relief. If you have subs in your system those pain meds will most likely not give you the kind of relief you'll be wanting.

So IF you do induct and the surgery is down the road, if I were you I would stop taking the subs a few days (2-3 at least) BEFORE your surgery as I said previously so the pain meds (if you take them) will do their job. Then you can decide what to do afterwards, either back on the subs or not.

Hope this makes sense.

Randy

Randy
    it's hard to make a plan cuz my information is so conflicting. I'm out of norcos I just took what I had left. My surgery is at the end of the month.

My choices are to find some norcos and make it to and through the surgery. Then start the subs and taper soon after. This is what I would like to do I'm so over the hunt and cost of this.

When I talked to the sub dr about having surgery on sub he told me I would be fine ppl do it all the time. That after the surgery the ortho would give me norcos for the break out pain. So this was my plan as of lest week but now I'm so confused and scared I don't know what to do.

After my taper off one or the other I want to use alternatives to manage my pain. Massage, acupuncture, CBD & cannabis slaves. Love the salves that work well for me!

Ppl keep telling me that most of my pain is due to the norcos. so I don't know what is real or what is happening cuz i take norco. Is it manageable with out meds IDK. I want to be free of this mess and I'm ready to do the work. Just so confused on how to start it.

it's hard to make a plan cuz my information is so conflicting. I'm out of norcos I just took what I had left. My surgery is at the end of the month.

My choices are to find some norcos and make it to and through the surgery. Then start the subs and taper soon after. This is what I would like to do I'm so over the hunt and cost of this.

When I talked to the sub dr about having surgery on sub he told me I would be fine ppl do it all the time. That after the surgery the ortho would give me norcos for the break out pain. So this was my plan as of lest week but now I'm so confused and scared I don't know what to do.

After my taper off one or the other I want to use alternatives to manage my pain. Massage, acupuncture, CBD & cannabis slaves. Love the salves that work well for me!

Ppl keep telling me that most of my pain is due to the norcos. so I don't know what is real or what is happening cuz i take norco. Is it manageable with out meds IDK. I want to be free of this mess and I'm ready to do the work. Just so confused on how to start it.

I understand your apprehension and certainly wasn't trying to frighten you more than you already are. Not my intention at all. But I promise you i'm right about the subs and surgery. I've helped and witnessed many people going through surgery while on subs.

If you're tired of this mess, and I mean really, really tired and fed up of all the misery then what you might want to consider is not going on the subs at all. If you just took your last of the Norco's then make that be the end of it. Sure you'll have some wd's that will last a few days, but it won't be so terrible you can't get through it. The first 2-3 days will be the worst of it physically. The mental aspect may take a while longer. But you'll be off and that's a win-win for you in my opinion.

Then have your surgery at the end of the month and deal with the pain from it in the best manner you can with your doctors help. If they prescribe narcotic painn meds afterwards, and I'm certain they will, just don't take too many and don't take them too long. Maybe a week, 2 at the most should be fine. Then you can stop them and be done for good. Suboxone would be overkill in my opinion.

Think it over carefully, make a plan and stick with it. I'll help you anyway possible and hope you know that. So will others here.

Randy

I understand your apprehension and certainly wasn't trying to frighten you more than you already are. Not my intention at all. But I promise you i'm right about the subs and surgery. I've helped and witnessed many people going through surgery while on subs.

If you're tired of this mess, and I mean really, really tired and fed up of all the misery then what you might want to consider is not going on the subs at all. If you just took your last of the Norco's then make that be the end of it. Sure you'll have some wd's that will last a few days, but it won't be so terrible you can't get through it. The first 2-3 days will be the worst of it physically. The mental aspect may take a while longer. But you'll be off and that's a win-win for you in my opinion.

Then have your surgery at the end of the month and deal with the pain from it in the best manner you can with your doctors help. If they prescribe narcotic painn meds afterwards, and I'm certain they will, just don't take too many and don't take them too long. Maybe a week, 2 at the most should be fine. Then you can stop them and be done for good. Suboxone would be overkill in my opinion.

Think it over carefully, make a plan and stick with it. I'll help you anyway possible and hope you know that. So will others here.

Randy
    Ok well detoxing here at home is really not an option for me. Way to many people so I'm going to the sub dr with Roberts plan. Stay as low dose as I can stand then decided to jump when the time is right. I can cancel surgery if I have to for now.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-14-2017 at 04:26 PM.

I have some clonidine and some Ativan can I take them to get to the induction? All prescribed to me I just never take them.

Also have 4 - 8 mg sub. May need to start my self in the middle of the night. I'm 11 hours in and will most likely reach my 26 B4 I can get In. So I will start 1 to 2 mg for 90 min?

I have some clonidine and some Ativan can I take them to get to the induction? All prescribed to me I just never take them.

Nooooo, don't take them. You don't want to take ANYTHING that will make you "feel better" because that will most certainly delay you getting to the 26 score on the Cows and make you suffer in wd's longer than necessary. Not what you want happening. We call those kinds of things "comfort meds" and you want to avoid them prior to your induction. The entire point of a sub induction is to be sick enough in wd's so you can induct. Don't even take a tylenol or Motrin/ibuprofen because they too can delay the Cows score.

Just wait it out because you only have to do this once if you do it right.

Randy

Also have 4 - 8 mg sub. May need to start my self in the middle of the night. I'm 11 hours in and will most likely reach my 26 B4 I can get In. So I will start 1 to 2 mg for 90 min?

Begin cutting your sub doses up now because when you get close to the necessary score of 26 on the Cows you'll be shaky and may have trouble cutting accurately. Cut up several .25mg and .5mg pieces now and make certain to keep them separate and label what dose they are because it's very easy to forget later.

And you'll want your very first dose to be .5mg. After taking it wait ONE FULL HOUR to give it plenty of time to work. Sub works slower for some than it does others. After the first .5mg dose your next doses should all be .25mg. And as before wait an hour between doses. That's how you get to your lowest effective dose.

If you have the film strips use some tweezers to hold the 8mg film and use some small scissors to cut it in half as close as you can get it. Repeat that process by cutting the pieces in halves and you can easily get .25 and .5mg doses. Again make sure you label them.

If you have the 8mg pills you can usually cut it into quarters of 2mg each with a razor blade if you're careful. Then crush a 2mg piece into real fine powder using the back of a spoon or a pill crusher available at any pharmacy. Separate the crushed pile into equal amounts. For example: 2mg separated into 4 piles will all be .5mg each. If you halve one of those you will get .25mg and so on. Not as difficult as it may sound. Did it many times myself. But get your doses ready NOW so you don;t have to worry about it when the time comes to induct.

Then you put the powder/dose on a folded business card and pour in under your tongue.

I'll check back later to see how you're doing. Post your Cows score often please.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-14-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Nooooo, don't take them. You don't want to take ANYTHING that will make you "feel better" because that will most certainly delay you getting to the 26 score on the Cows and make you suffer in wd's longer than necessary. Not what you want happening. We call those kinds of things "comfort meds" and you want to avoid them prior to your induction. The entire point of a sub induction is to be sick enough in wd's so you can induct. Don't even take a tylenol or Motrin/ibuprofen because they too can delay the Cows score.

Just wait it out because you only have to do this once if you do it right.

Randy
    >>>> took 1-0.1mg clonidine and a zofran. I won't take any more.

The label says 8mg/2mg?

Thank you Randy so much sorry if I'm a pain just scared and want to do this right! Is there a way to PM on this site?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Thank you Randy so much sorry if I'm a pain just scared and want to do this right! Is there a way to PM on this site?

Good Morning!

You're not a pain at all. Believe me I know how it is. It's scary. But I believe you'll do just fine.

Once you go to the sub doctor please understand that most of them, not all of them, but most of them place their patients on very high doses of Suboxone. Many that come here for help have been prescribed anywhere from 16mg to 32 mg of sub. Just enormous amounts of this very powerful drug, and totally unnecessary. Unfortunately it happens quite often. And these doctors tell patients they'll need to be on the sub for years sometimes. Again completely unnecessary.

If the doctor inducts you in the office and tells you to take 16mg or more per day just get as many subs from them as you can get and come back here for help and support. In the event the doctor gives you 8mg - 16mg or more in the office we can get your dose down quickly without causing you any serious issues. Done it many times.

If the doctor doesn't induct you in the office and hands you a script then get it filled and follow the induction protocol as previously suggested by taking .5mg and wait an hour, followed by .25mg doses every hour until stable.

When is your appt with the sub doctor?

Randy

Good Morning!

You're not a pain at all. Believe me I know how it is. It's scary. But I believe you'll do just fine.

Once you go to the sub doctor please understand that most of them, not all of them, but most of them place their patients on very high doses of Suboxone. Many that come here for help have been prescribed anywhere from 16mg to 32 mg of sub. Just enormous amounts of this very powerful drug, and totally unnecessary. Unfortunately it happens quite often. And these doctors tell patients they'll need to be on the sub for years sometimes. Again completely unnecessary.

If the doctor inducts you in the office and tells you to take 16mg or more per day just get as many subs from them as you can get and come back here for help and support. In the event the doctor gives you 8mg - 16mg or more in the office we can get your dose down quickly without causing you any serious issues. Done it many times.

If the doctor doesn't induct you in the office and hands you a script then get it filled and follow the induction protocol as previously suggested by taking .5mg and wait an hour, followed by .25mg doses every hour until stable.

When is your appt with the sub doctor?

Randy
    Have to reset and very upset at my self.
    It's not an appt you are to call the director when ur ready to come in. I called last week and told them I was going to start detox they said call the director. I did first thing Monday but he did not get back to me. This upsets me!
    I guessing he will call today and now I'm not ready!

I see ortho on wed I want to talk to them about doing srugery on sub or not at all. I trust you guys more then I do them that's for sure but everything is so conflecting. I want all the info I can get.

I'm sorry to take u your time please don't give up on me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Have to reset and very upset at my self.
    It's not an appt you are to call the director when ur ready to come in. I called last week and told them I was going to start detox they said call the director. I did first thing Monday but he did not get back to me. This upsets me!
    I guessing he will call today and now I'm not ready!

I see ortho on wed I want to talk to them about doing srugery on sub or not at all. I trust you guys more then I do them that's for sure but everything is so conflecting. I want all the info I can get.

I'm sorry to take u your time please don't give up on me.

Just keep updating and I'll help all that I can.

Randy

Just keep updating and I'll help all that I can.

Randy
    19 hours into detox! I see sub dr today at 9 I don't feel like I'm even close to 26 in the cows. Freaks me out! It's coming tho I can feel it but I think if my head was not in it then I could be closer
    Chills Yarning tears and runny nose GI is on it way
    I did not even take a zofran this time!

But I'm in an amazing head space not looking for anything don't even care! its time to do this!

19 hours into detox! I see sub dr today at 9 I don't feel like I'm even close to 26 in the cows. Freaks me out! It's coming tho I can feel it but I think if my head was not in it then I could be closer
    Chills Yarning tears and runny nose GI is on it way
    I did not even take a zofran this time!

But I'm in an amazing head space not looking for anything don't even care! its time to do this!

Hey!

Let us know how it goes with the sub doctor. Hopefully he or she will give you a script for the subs and you can come back here to induct properly. In the event they do the induction in the office don't worry about it. Just follow their instructions and again let us know how it went. We can easily correct any errors made in the office.

Good for you to not take the Zofran or anything else that will deter the Cows score. Usually when wd symptoms begin to get rough they move quickly and getting to the 26 score needed on the Cows doesn't take too long.

I'll check back later.

Randy

Hey!

Let us know how it goes with the sub doctor. Hopefully he or she will give you a script for the subs and you can come back here to induct properly. In the event they do the induction in the office don't worry about it. Just follow their instructions and again let us know how it went. We can easily correct any errors made in the office.

Good for you to not take the Zofran or anything else that will deter the Cows score. Usually when wd symptoms begin to get rough they move quickly and getting to the 26 score needed on the Cows doesn't take too long.

I'll check back later.

Randy
    That's my plan!
    Should I tell them I want to be deeper in a detox b4 I start?

Thanks for getting back to me Randy!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-21-2017 at 10:21 AM.

That's my plan!
    Should I tell them I want to be deeper in a detox b4 I start?

Thanks for getting back to me Randy!

They may or may not know what the Cows is? It's possible, and more likely probable they will tell you that you can induct right away. Hopefully they will let you decide when the time is right. I would tell the doctor you want to induct at home. Tell them you aren't sure how you'll react to the subs and don't want to be driving until you're sure how you'll be feeling. That may do it?

Pick up your subs and continue waiting in wd's until you hit a 26 or higher on the Cows. I'll check back later.

Randy

They may or may not know what the Cows is? It's possible, and more likely probable they will tell you that you can induct right away. Hopefully they will let you decide when the time is right. I would tell the doctor you want to induct at home. Tell them you aren't sure how you'll react to the subs and don't want to be driving until you're sure how you'll be feeling. That may do it?

Pick up your subs and continue waiting in wd's until you hit a 26 or higher on the Cows. I'll check back later.

Randy
    I told them I'm not ready im home till I am it's moving faster now they will start me there he says at 8 mg I can just go back when I'm ready
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

I told them I'm not ready im home till I am it's moving faster now they will start me there he says at 8 mg I can just go back when I'm ready
    Hello and a belated welcome!

I've been following your posts and the wonderful advice and help that Randy has been giving to you. Just didn't want to interrupt. I know that Randy warned you that they would probably start you on a dose that is too high and 8mg is too high. It's OK though. I'm assuming that you'll be ready to induct tomorrow. Get your script and get outta there! Let us know how you're doing and Randy or someone else will be around to help you get on the right track. After they give you that dose, you'll be more than fine for at LEAST 24 hours. I would suggest that you not dose again until someone helps you.

Good luck! You're going to do great.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hello and a belated welcome!

I've been following your posts and the wonderful advice and help that Randy has been giving to you. Just didn't want to interrupt. I know that Randy warned you that they would probably start you on a dose that is too high and 8mg is too high. It's OK though. I'm assuming that you'll be ready to induct tomorrow. Get your script and get outta there! Let us know how you're doing and Randy or someone else will be around to help you get on the right track. After they give you that dose, you'll be more than fine for at LEAST 24 hours. I would suggest that you not dose again until someone helps you.

Good luck! You're going to do great.

Peace,

Cat
    I showed them Roberts plan talked about wanting to be on a very low amount. they were amazing and said they would work with me on my plan. I'm on 2mg two times a day 3 if I feel like I need but I did not need it. He did say that being at a 26 on the cows was crazy! They like it to be at a 15 or higher. (Randy They did know what a cows chart was infact use it! ) The RN even called me at 5 to check in on me! Now tapering to soon he is alittle worried about but we will talk about that more today when I go back.
    The last one I took 2 mg was at 5pm I just woke up it 12 am and I feel so much better and don't need anything. My fog is gone and I'm walking right! LoL

I'm so happy I made it this far!

Thank you!

I showed them Roberts plan talked about wanting to be on a very low amount. they were amazing and said they would work with me on my plan. I'm on 2mg two times a day 3 if I feel like I need but I did not need it. He did say that being at a 26 on the cows was crazy! They like it to be at a 15 or higher. (Randy They did know what a cows chart was infact use it! ) The RN even called me at 5 to check in on me! Now tapering to soon he is alittle worried about but we will talk about that more today when I go back.
    The last one I took 2 mg was at 5pm I just woke up it 12 am and I feel so much better and don't need anything. My fog is gone and I'm walking right! LoL

I'm so happy I made it this far!

Thank you!

Good Morning!

I'm extremely happy you have such a caring doctor and staff. And I'm also happy you showed them Robert's plan and they didn't flip out. Most doctors just don't understand subs at all and have a 'my way or no way" attitude. It's enlightening to know yours wants your best interest in mind.

As far as a "26" on the Cows, yes, it's absoliutely necessary. I've seen people go into precipitated wd's at a score of only 15. Seen it happen and it's a horrible sight to witness. I myself have been in PWD's twice and was so sick I thought I was dying. Yes, it's entirely possible there are some that a score of 15 will be fine, but why take the chance? It's not worth the gamble in my opinion. But that part is done and all seems to be well and that's a great thing.

As Cat mentioned, the 8mg per day is just too much sub. And you don't want to be taking the sub 3 times a day either. Suboxone is intended to be taken just ONCE per day due to it's very long half life. Perhaps your doctor didn't know that? You can take it either once or twice a day, but anymore than that displays addictive behavior, something we want to get away from. We took oe drug of choice multiple times a day to chace a high. With subs it's exactly the opposite, less is more, meaning the lower the dose the better you'll feel.

If I were you I would take 2mg TWICE a day for now for a total of 4mg per day. Make certain to take it at the same times everyday to keep a level amount in your system. Take the first dose in the am and the 2nd dose about 8 - 10 hours later, making sure to not take it too close to bedtime as sub keeps some people awake. Remain on the 4mg per day for several days to give your body time to adjust and then you can get ready for the taper process.

Sub doctors just take a 8 hour online class and then able to prescribe subs to those who want it. Big Pharma comes in and instructs these doctors to give very high doses to patients and try to keep them on it for years in most cases. Believe me when I tell you that's the truth. They're never advised, nor so they know how to PROPERLY taper someone off subs. I've never met or heard of a sub doctor that's actually taken subs themselves, so how can they really understand? The people of this forum really understand subs more than any doctor would. The advice you'll get from everyone here is golden and I hope you'll follow the suggestions given. Stick with Robert's plan and you'll do fine.

I hope today has you feeling your best. Keep posting often and you'll receive many replies of help and support. Let us know how you're feeling when you get up. And keep in mind that a sub induction can actually take a couple days to get the right dose for you. You may need to add a bit more sub or even lower the dose to find your optimal amount.

Randy

Took 2mg at 5 went back to sleep for a few and feeling better now going to go back in at 9 for a meeting and to see the dr.

Took 2mg at 5 went back to sleep for a few and feeling better now going to go back in at 9 for a meeting and to see the dr.

Sounds good. Let us know how the meeting went and what the doctor had to say.

How are you feeling today?

Randy

Sounds good. Let us know how the meeting went and what the doctor had to say.

How are you feeling today?

Randy
    Feeling good she gave me new script for 2mg 4 times a day but said I only take what I need. she said I still test for the norcos so they are not all the way out of my system so I may get worse so she wanted me to have it if I need it so far I'm feeling good at 2mg two times a day I'm able to do all my daily function so that's helpful

Thank you Randy!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-22-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast