• 1 Post By cheeky
  • 1 Post By donesub
  • 1 Post By Freedom4me
  • 2 Post By MetalDuckMFC
  • 1 Post By MetalDuckMFC
One Year FREE!!!!!!!
    donesub is offline Member

Default One Year FREE!!!!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and give some hope. I have a year now under my belt. From 10 to 15 Lortab 10/325 for two years and 2=4mg of suboxone for 7yrs. IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! A wonderful life awaits each and everyone struggling with this. Today can be your NO MORE day.......
    cheeky, DDAVE45, Kikker and 1 others like this.

mottam is offline Advanced Member

donesub:

Congratulations on your clean time!

For those on this forum who may be struggling - can you share a little more detail how you managed to get and stay clean?

Again - every day clean for an addict is a miracle - great job.

Kindest Regards.
    mottam
    donesub likes this.
    Persistency is consistency

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

donesub, good on ya mate... woo hooo. what a good new years gift for yourself eh...?

you have every right to be proud of yourself. its a hard battle, but it can be won....

donesub likes this.

Sure.... Thank you for asking. I was blessed with a supportive family that allowed me to have "bad days", or permission and understanding if I had an unproductive or anti-social day. It was OK and understood I would have some of these and was not given a hard time when such days came about. After a while the rough days get very few and hard to remember having.
    Managing the depression and anxiety was tough in the beginning but with time has greatly improved. I catch myself looking toward "fun things" and that use to NEVER happen without a drug.
    I did not attend meetings but encourage them if needed.
    Prayer, Prayer and more Prayer........ Most critical aspect for me anyway.
    Time heals....
    Freedom4me likes this.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Huge props to you friend!! Outstanding
    donesub likes this.

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

That's so awesome. Love to see this stuff on these forums. It really shows that sobriety is indeed possible, regardless of how much of whatever you take, and for how long.

Thanks, donesub. Congratulations! 1 year is enourmas. I haven't gotten there yet, I but I know I will never use.
    Freedom4me and donesub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDuckMFC View Post
    That's so awesome. Love to see this stuff on these forums. It really shows that sobriety is indeed possible, regardless of how much of whatever you take, and for how long.

Thanks, donesub. Congratulations! 1 year is enourmas. I haven't gotten there yet, I but I know I will never use.
    You know Metal...... sobriety is not only possible....... its probable...... Once the drug cycle is broken, your body and mind seek stability as its natural state. Alcohol has been my only guilty pleasure (twice in the last year). I couldn't even finish a 6 pack because alcohol "buzz" was not tolerated by my brain. It just kind of lost its appeal.

MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member

Same for me. I got off Subs around 6 months ago. I was on it for 6 months. I'm the last year, I have had drinks twice. First time was right after starting Subs. I had 3 beers and got sickly (I was a very heave binge drinker from age 15-20). Last time was 2 months ago. I got demolished with some people I hadn't been around in awhile. Drank from 1pm until 5 am the next morning. I got it out of my state , trust me.
    donesub likes this.