Panic attack happened today, had to go to the ER.
    Steve_00 is offline Junior Member

Default Panic attack happened today, had to go to the ER.

So I'm 7 months sober from alcohol and xanax. And I've been eh, ok, hanging in there. Some depression and some ocd, mainly the Obsessive part, and the ugly side of it. The gym has been my best friend, fitness has helped me get through the tough days. But today, i guess i went too crazy at the gym. I've had this happen once before, but the last time, my Potassium levels were a little out of wack. so I had dehydrated a little. This time, I got the same symptoms. Hands were cringing up bad, both. really bad, tongue going numb. face all sorts of numb, sweating, tremors, heart racing like its about to hop out of you, it was the worst. It honestly feels like a heart attack. (not that ive ever had one so maybe i shouldnt say that, but ive heard from people who have had heart attacks and they say thats how it feels.) I told um last time i was dehydrated and thats what led to the panic attack mixed with dehydration. This time, they ran my blood tests, and piss test to make sure I hadnt been on something of course, and it was a pure panic attack, tho i felt relieved once they hydrated me. I've been upset all day. this sucks.....i mean i know around 6-7 months is the peak of PAWS, but mann i really cant wait till this is over. I was doing fine, I was excited about my workout today, i was getting it at the gym. Then, at the end....panic....last time I had this, it was about 4-5 months ago, well really at the beginning of this year, so it has been a while. and on a bright note, the 2 times that I've had this panic attack, it was because I forced my heart to be going crazy, and I was sweating my ass off, so I mean, it makes me feel atleast a little good that it doesnt happen to me when im calm, or throughout the day When im not working out...But I feel like >>>>, I swear I was starting to get a handle on this and on my way out, and then out of nowhere, bang here u go. and on top of that my hearts been hurting a little since I got out of the ER. Anyone else out there gone through some panics? or been off 6-7 months??

I forgot to add, I asked the Doc for a xanax when i was having my panic attack, how horrible.......

Wow, sorry to hear that, I hope things get better for you and your son! No I'm actually not taking anything or working with a dr. I'm just fighting it through. The same way I got myself into it, the same way I am getting out. I really dont want to get addicted to anything else, and it seems like after dropping something as strong as benzos, the body is just prowling for something else to hook onto. So im fighting it through! But it sucks sometimes....