• 3 Post By Forceout
  • 1 Post By SaddLadi
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By SaddLadi
  • 2 Post By SaddLadi
Percocet cold turkey
    SaddLadi is offline New Member

Default Percocet cold turkey

Today is day 3 I’m getting leg aches n lower back aches n I’m very tired but I get the sweats at nite only thing I hate most

somo is offline Advanced Member

After 3 days, the worst part should be over. What mg? How many a day? How long have you been taking them? Do you have anyone close for support? Why were you prescribed them originally?

Share some of your details, so others here can relate, and encourage you. I'm glad you made the decision to stop, and hope to help in any way possible. I no longer can post regularly because of my job, but there are numerous members here that can walk with you on your journey, that share similar stories I'm certain!

Best wishes, and again, share all you can here. This is an awesome community of people with amazing stories that are willing to help, each step of the way!

I was prescribed 5mg 512 for 2 years due to
    Rotator cuff surgery and I was up to about 12 day :-( I was sick of depending on them every day as I was running out fast . I said to self I’M DONE ! I don’t want to depend on them
    A day in my life again ..
    today I have less leg cramps n less stomach cramps but I did get sick couple
    Times just stomach acid :-( .. I want this done how long will I be feeling sick
    For I still have energy how is beyond me Just again leg ache back ache the toliet issue n nowmthe stomach acid coming up .

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaddLadi View Post
    I was prescribed 5mg 512 for 2 years due to
    Rotator cuff surgery and I was up to about 12 day :-( I was sick of depending on them every day as I was running out fast . I said to self I’M DONE ! I don’t want to depend on them
    A day in my life again ..
    today I have less leg cramps n less stomach cramps but I did get sick couple
    Times just stomach acid :-( .. I want this done how long will I be feeling sick
    For I still have energy how is beyond me Just again leg ache back ache the toliet issue n nowmthe stomach acid coming up .

Hello and Welcome!

Theres no easy way through this. No magic formula and no magic cure. You have to pay a price for the things we abuse, and put in our bodies. I certainly did and so has everyone else here that's an addict and abused drugs. We have to tackle this problem head on, and we'll be the better for it in the long run.

What you need to do is have a positive frame of mind that you've...
    Number 1....Stopped the drugs and are now clean.
    Number 2....As Somo mentioned, you are just about through the worst of the symptoms.

That's a victory in itself! You should be proud of yourself for doing what you've already accomplished! We're proud of you! You may have another day or two where the symptoms are rough. Then the days will get better and better. So look forward to that happening.

Maybe try items from the Thomas Recipe. Here's the link for the recipe below....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

The recipe does suggest using a benzo and I would not take one unless you've been using a benzo under your doctors care. They are highly addicitve even when used properly. And a benzo detox makes an opiate detox seem like a walk in the park. You don't want that nightmare, so leave the benzo out if possible.

Get out of your house and get some exercise. You'll feel much better. You don't have to run a marathon, just walking helps immensely. Eat a protein rich diet. That will help with the lack of energy. Drink lots and lots of fluids, especially water. Gatorade helps, and so does protein shakes. And keep posting as that helps too. Getting out feelings of how you feel is good for you. There's lots of help and support here just as Somo also mentioned. He's right about that, so if you post you'll receive reply's.

Take care and all the best to you. I'll check back later to see how you're doing. And again, Welcome to you!

Randy

Finding those little blessings, (less leg and stomach cramps) is awesome! Counting your blessings and not dwelling on what doesn't feel good is for some reason one of the hardest things for most people, but you seem to have the right mindset! That, I promise you, will make things go much smoother and faster! It sounds like you should be over the hump today. I will echo Randy and tell you getting some physical exercise will make things much easier and faster. Push yourself, rest a bit, and push again. Don't worry about how much you do, or how far you walk, just push yourself.

Keep posting, and keep us updated!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey SaddLadi, welcome to the forums! On top of the awesome advice you've already been given, there's also a few products that Hyland's makes called "Restful Legs" and "Leg Cramps PM". They make one other as well that I can never remember the name of. Really helped me with the leg cramps during the day/night, so might be worth looking into.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

THAnk you everyone ! :-)
    In the long run it’s going to be sooo worth it I agree !
    I’ve been trying keep as busy as possible or nap as much as possible I took few sick days off from work to get myself rite ... I appreciate having people who been in my spot before who understand and relate and help me through the way this is a blessing !
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

I actually got out to do some shopping for few hours but once for Home n relaxes I felt bit sick but maybe was the chocolate I ate it came up worse part n sweats other wise I totally got this cauuss this is what I really want to do !! ☺️ The crave isn’t there as much at all so far idk if it’s cause it’s only day 4 but I’m curious what else I’m going to face next ??
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-08-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Question mark ?
    somo, Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Don't dread! Find the happy wave and ride it!
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

Not dreading it much at all I am pretty confident about it all I’m just worried what else is next after day 4 !

Leah987 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaddLadi View Post
    Not dreading it much at all I am pretty confident about it all I’m just worried what else is next after day 4 !
    Hi, Saddladi, welcome to the forum......I know nothing about percoset, but from what I understand, day 5 should be no worse than day 4, maybe better, even! I got off hydros almost 8 months ago, and tramadol a few months before that. If I can do this, you can do this...hang in there!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Thank you that’s what I hope for is day 5 will be better and Not Worse ! That’s my biggest worry n the sleep is blah now been up since 3:30 am n I get sweats at nite n today I felt bit more hungry than average for me hmmm ?? the weird thing is the crave is not as bad as I thought it’s the WD

Another nite up at 4am but I sweat very very less in middle of nite just little cold this early morning an so far no stomach cramps back yet since yesterday !! Now I’m assuming I’m over the hump of this all n the worse of it all !! I was very depressed yesterday we’ll tear eyed a lot !! Hope for a better day today .. I just keep reminding myself that this needed to be done and had to be done cause this is what I wanted ! ☺️
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-09-2017 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Typo

4 hours up n yup I spoken too soon I’m vomiting this is terrible i wanna break down n cry

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

It takes a few days to get through the worst of it, and we all go through withdrawals at different paces. While everything you're experiencing is normal, it is like a really bad flu that you just have to push through. I couldn't even hold down water for the first several days, but kept sipping it as much as I could because it's important to stay hydrated. I couldn't even begin to count the number of popsicles I went through just to get some liquids in me. Hopefully you're about at the end of the worst junk, and that your days start getting better and better!

As far as the tearing up, that's completely normal as well. I remember I'd sometimes cry for no reason, or tear up at a stupid commercial etc. Your mind is in the process of adjusting to life without meds, and there will be a lot of feelings that come up through all of this that maybe you haven't experienced for a while. I never realized how much the meds had dulled my feelings for so many years. Nothing wrong with crying to get it all out!

Just keep hanging in there, it will get better!!

Forceout is offline Member

Hello SaddLadi and Welcome!

I want you to know that everything that is happening to your body and brain are normal. I am on Day 29 of stopping hydrocodone. It is probably a little different but still an opiate pill. I took them for five yrs also originally prescribed from surgery

Like mentioned already, don't focus on the future or past too much right now or worry about what may or may not happen to you. I remember being scared when I thought about what may be coming. You have likely seen the worst of it.

Everyone is different but the emotional stuff subsides and the clouds part and the dark days turn to sunshine. It WILL happen. It won't be long. Hang in there.

Bananas everyday for the first week and multivitamins helps a lot. And the importance of getting out for some walking can't be understated. I also drank a ton of Gatorade for that first week.

Be proud of yourself!! It is a new world out here waiting for you!! The pills have been lying to us. You got this I can tell! I am sooo exited for you. Get exited for you, too.

One more time, the emotional and depression stuff goes away. It won't be long!! I promise it does.

A brand new you is coming!!'

One day at a time!!

Forceout

All these wonderful comments and all you great people here talking to me through this makes it so much easier n better for me to go through this I Don’t feel alone with all you here :-) I really appreciate it a lot ! As well today was a better day I did lots walking as well as I got out the house for several hours and keep very busy my energy hasn’t filled out at least yet only when I’m feeling >>>>>> I’ll rest and once feeling goes away I try to get out and get a breath of fresh air ... but my sleep on another note isn’t so good I’m up at crack dawn and when I wake up I’m basically up !?! ! I did notice my appetite increased a lot and my stomach only hurts early morning my stool finally isn’t as water as it was as gross as that may seem I was on the toliet a lot the first 4 days as well as the nite sweats are very very lite now :-) you all are great every day is a Progress to a better Life ☺️
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

You hit the nail on the head. Progress. Keep a hold on the good days and remember the bad ones. It's a terrible frustrating brutal amazing Incredibly rewarding roller coaster. I'm glad you're feeling better. Keep posting. It helps!! Take it one at a time. Hot baths really help. Sleep will be hit and miss for a while when your body gets used to the new "normal". There are several things you can try, melatonin, and what worked best for me was valerian root washed down with a cup of strong sleepy time tea after a hot long shower.

Stay the course!! It gets so much better!! Things are so much better on this side of the fence. Stay active!!! It helps so much. And keep drinking tons of water/Gatorade, and bananas really do wonders as well!!

You're doing amazing. We're so proud of you!! Keep up the good work!!

Beef
    somo and DravenDomnq like this.

Only been up for about 4 hours but this has been the routine .. woke up very very hungry I guess cause felt blah stomach made few noises n I said ahh screw it I’ll eat few crackers n that helped the fluid was just making my stomach hurt more till I put them crackers down .. today Is day 6 N I can’t honestly complain today I feel good inside a lot ☺️ Just wanna gain sleep back
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Today is a soo much better day day 6 and I feel like a lot better only the hot sweats at nite still hate them sooo much but again it’s something I’ll deal with n never forget what I’m going through to get away from them devil pills !! I honestly can say for day 6 that I’m feeling somewhat like I use to and I missed this so much I wake up
    To my alarm now I don’t sleep through it like I was this last almost year !! I’m excited to see what this road to recovery leads me :-) but I know for sure if I had none you to keep talking to through this all I would been all alone and probably folded I appreciate all you kind and caring people on here ☺️☺️
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.