Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Questions!! Subutex Tapering 8 weeks pregnant
    dannielle17 is offline Junior Member

Default Questions!! Subutex Tapering 8 weeks pregnant

Im 8 weeks pregnant and tapering off subutex, I was taking 2 8mg tabs a day and in 2 1/2 weeks I'm down to 3mg once a day. I take my dose at 1 and by evening a little before bed I start feeling kinda blah and I start getting cold chills and start feeling restless. Not staying asleep all night but still I'm able to sleep and by the time I wake up the next day im cold, have chills, covered in goose bumps, not feeling great but its not unbearable. So I'm wandering should I go ahead and go down the 25%. I know at first I went too fast i was splitting my dose in half every 2 days and then I read about the 25% plan and since slowed. My other question is how should I be splitting the pill it seems almost impossible to get it just right and when I get down real low I'm not sure how I will be able to split it exact. My prescribing doctor is not much help they don't really push for anyone to get off of them, and I've wanted off this medication for a long time and though this pregnancy was completely unplanned it is just the push I need. I want to do this I'm ready, but I am scared and feeling so overwhelmed. I couldn't get in to the o/b for another few weeks. But will be completely up front with her about everything. I just want a healthy baby and want to be free of the medication!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-11-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dannielle17 View Post
    Im 8 weeks pregnant and Tappering off subutex, I was taking 2 8mg tabs a day and in 2 1/2 weeks I'm down to 3mg once a day. I take my dose at 1 and by evening a little before bed I start feeling kinda blah and I start getting cold chills and start feeling restless. Not staying asleep all night but still I'm able to sleep and by the time I wake up the next day im cold, have chills, covered in goose bumps, not feeling great but its not unbearable. So I'm wandering should I go ahead and go down the 25%. I know at first I went too fast i was splitting my dose in half every 2 days and then I read about the 25% plan and since slowed. My other question is how should I be splitting the pill it seems almost impossible to get it just right and when I get down real low I'm not sure how I will be able to split it exact. My prescribing doctor is not much help they don't really push for anyone to get off of them, and I've wanted off this medication for a long time and though this pregnancy was completely unplanned it is just the push I need. I want to do this I'm ready, but I am scared and feeling so overwhelmed. I couldn't get in to the o/b for another few weeks. But will be completely up front with her about everything. I just want a healthy baby and want to be free of the medication!

Welcome to the forum Danielle! You definitely tapered too fast so what I would recommend is that you go up to 4mg/day. You'll want to dose 2x/day 8-10 hours apart. So for example: take 2mg at 9am and then take 2mg at 6pm. You can pick your own dosing times as long as you split your dose evenly and dose 8-10 hours apart? It's very important to dose at the same time/times everyday so you have a consistent amount of sub in your system which in return will have you feeling the best you can while tapering the subs? Stay at 4mg/day until you are stable (stable means very little to no withdrawal symptoms) then you can taper by 25% every 4-7 days as long as you are stable before each drop! Once you get down to 1mg you will then start dosing just once a day throughout the rest of the taper.

Are you using a pill cutter? You should be able to cut your tablets into four 2mg pieces, it won't be exact but it should be pretty close? Then what you would do after that is to take a 2mg piece and crush it into fine powder. Then you divide the powder into equal piles by eyeing it out, four equal piles from 2mg would be .50mg piles, so on and so forth. You would then scoop the pile up on a business card or similar and dump the powder under your tongue! It's really easier than it sounds, you'll get the hang of it after a while. Many, many people have tapered with the tablets using the crushing method! Whatever piles you make you can fold them up in a piece of foil and just mark the dosage on the foil with a black sharpie pen?

Read through the following thread, her name is Maggie and she successfully tapered off of subs while she was pregnant! There's a lot of great information and advice throughout her thread that will help you tremendously, here's a direct link to Maggie's thread- https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...ant-74973.html

Drink plenty of water, subs can dehydrate you! Update often to let us know how you are doing? Ask all the questions you need to, we are here to help? Follow Robert325's sub therapy taper plan exactly as outlined and you'll be just fine! DO NOT rush this process! Slow and steady wins the race especially when tapering subs! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Thank you so much for your response, it really helped ease my mind a bit! I will definitely be reading Maggie's thread! And no I'm not using a pill cutter but my husband is going get me one. I will bump up to 2mg twice a day like you said. Thanks so much again, looking forward to being done with this!

JoshtheDad-O is offline Member

Hi Dannielle, I'm Josh. It's good you found the forum, it will be an indispensable tool for you. You're at the same place I was when I started. I too could feel w/d creeping in between doses. I also started at 4mg split into 2 doses and I also had the tablets. You'll definitely get the hang of it. At first, when I took a quarter at a time, I'd try to split it equally with a pill cutter or razor. If the pieces are too uneven then you crush it all and rearrange the lines or piles until you have four approximately equal. I would use the razor to push the pile onto the corner of a credit card then dump it into a foil packet. I promise you, you can taper and your body will accept the lower doses. The sweating, chills, and restlessness will go away. I started at 4mg after years of snorting my meds all day and now I'm down to .5mg. That's 1/8 of what I started at! And I am a total withdrawal wimp that thinks every time I get a chill or sweat it's withdrawal starting. The best part has been that's it's more of a mental fight than a physical one. There are times of slight discomfort but if you've tasted real withdrawal this is nothing. For the most part you just feel normal. Keep posting and check out my thread if you want. You'll see all the fear and uncertainty I had in the beginning. I'll be following you so keep going and good luck!

Thanks so much Josh! I really appreciate the tips it seems like most everybody's story I read dad has done it with strips. But Wow .5 thats awesome! I can't wait to be there! It seems so far away! But I'm so grateful for people like you and others that have been posting their experiences its so incredibly helpful and gives me a sense of peace that it's all going to be okay and it's totally doable. Before I started reading the different experiences from people who have done it or are going through it and doing well, I really felt like it was such a daunting task and was so scared. I did go up to 2 mg twice daily like Ricky said instead of the three once a day and that has made a world of difference! I'm not feeling so terrible, able to function much better. I am so grateful for his advice! I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids 12, 10 and 2 and I have to be able to take care of them. This pregnancy was not planned, my husband had made an appointment to get his vesectomy a week before we found out. I feel so terrrible about being on this medication and pregnant, I am constantly sick and tired, which is pregnancy. Anyway I'm so ready to be done with this medication It will be such a weight taken off my shoulders. I'm a little nervous but excited too. Thanks again!
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Also Josh just curious how long did it take you to get to .5 from th 2mg twice daily?

Also Josh just curious how long did it take you to get to .5 from th 2mg twice daily?
    Hey Dannielle, the length of time to taper differs wildly from person to person and I don't want you to feel discouraged. I started the taper at the end of November but would have been done by now if I would've stuck to my drops. I have gone slowly. I also started doing half drops at a time which are completely symptom free (for me). Some drops I stayed at for 4 or 5 days and some for a week or more. I think I've been at .5 for almost two weeks. There is no set speed, it's whatever pace you're comfortable with. The idea is to always move down and never back up.
    It's good you're splitting the dose, I took mine at 8:30 and 4:30. Once into that rythym things are a breeze and your body quickly adjusts to those 2 doses. I got nervous when it came time to switch to once daily but the thing to keep in mind is that your not taking less, your just taking the whole dose at once rather than splitting it. It took me a couple days to adjust to that and it was mostly mental.
    If you've tasted real, actual full blown withdrawal then you'll find this taper is nothing by comparison. Because we're taking meds every day our bodies never actually go into real w/d. You can and will do it and you'll have our support the entire way. Keep posting!

By the way, I am a single parent to an 11yr old so much respect to you for being a parent and wife while going through something so difficult. As far as being pregnant, we had a similar case with Maggie. I told her that I'd seen people do much worse to their bodies than a little bit of sub and still have healthy babies. Of course not always but I don't think you should worry too much, you're doing the right thing for baby by tapering. I believe God takes note of such things. For the most part tapering is the same as life before the taper. If done correctly you won't feel bad and will be able to do your normal life duties. Most battles will be mental, which is good to me because I fear the physical stuff. Hope to hear more from you soon, let us know how your dr appt goes. Good luck!

Hey Josh thanks so much for hitting me back. I so appreciate being able to have people to talk to about this that understand. My husband is the only one who knows about it, I'm just so ashamed I have never been able to bring myself to tell my family or friends. My husband is great tho, he's so supportive, he's my best friend and I'm blessed to have him. I have been reading your thread and seths thread as well and its just so encouraging to read them. I can't wait to be further along in this process like you. I keep reminding myself what Ricky said "Slow and steady wins the race". I have been at the 2mg twice a day for 3 days and to day ive noticed getting some chills and getting cold but it was only before my second dose and honestly I think it may have been a mental thing. I freak myself out easily! But the day after tomorrow I will drop to 1.5 twice daily. I'm so having a terrible time with getting my pills cut, I got the pill cutter and still its not cutting them just right. I also got a crusher to try that when the cutter no longer works so I guess I will probably have to use that. I just really want to give you props Josh for being a single Dad and on top of that getting off the subs! Thats such an awesome thing! Half my life growing up my mom was a single mom and I know what she went threw and how tough it was on her doing it by herself. So go you! Thats awesome! And what an example you are setting for son or daughter even if they don't know "everything" your going through. Thanks for the encouragement and putting your experiences on here for people like me to read.

Hey Josh thanks so much for hitting me back. I so appreciate being able to have people to talk to about this that understand. My husband is the only one who knows about it, I'm just so ashamed I have never been able to bring myself to tell my family or friends. My husband is great tho, he's so supportive, he's my best friend and I'm blessed to have him. I have been reading your thread and seths thread as well and its just so encouraging to read them. I can't wait to be further along in this process like you. I keep reminding myself what Ricky said "Slow and steady wins the race". I have been at the 2mg twice a day for 3 days and to day ive noticed getting some chills and getting cold but it was only before my second dose and honestly I think it may have been a mental thing. I freak myself out easily! But the day after tomorrow I will drop to 1.5 twice daily. I'm so having a terrible time with getting my pills cut, I got the pill cutter and still its not cutting them just right. I also got a crusher to try that when the cutter no longer works so I guess I will probably have to use that. I just really want to give you props Josh for being a single Dad and on top of that getting off the subs! Thats such an awesome thing! Half my life growing up my mom was a single mom and I know what she went threw and how tough it was on her doing it by herself. So go you! Thats awesome! And what an example you are setting for son or daughter even if they don't know "everything" your going through. Thanks for the encouragement and putting your experiences on here for people like me to read.

Danielle, you are going to do just fine as long as you take it slow! Some pill cutters work better than others and of course the particular pills that you have may crumble easy which makes it hard to cut evenly? You can also try cutting them by hand using a sharp razor blade but be careful not to slip and cut yourself, obviously! If you have to, you can crush the entire pill then divide it up into four equal 2mg piles, from the 2mg piles you can get whatever dose you need? Just do the best you can, it won't be perfect but close enough!

Are you taking your doses at the same times everyday 8-10 hours apart? Remember that you will not be making reductions every four days! Four days is the "MINIMUM" on each dose! It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT not to make a reduction until you are completely stable on your current dose! If you make a reduction while you are still experiencing symptoms then those symptoms will follow you throughout the taper! Some reductions can be made in as little as four days but most reductions will require a few more days than that? I've been on certain doses for 7-10 days before I was stable enough to make a reduction! I can't express enough on how important it is to not rush the taper process! SLOW AND STEADY!

Robert's sub therapy/taper plan on average takes around 6-8 weeks from start to finish? For some people it make take upwards of 12-16 weeks or more? Just take it slow, there is no need to rush this because of your pregnancy! You'll be off the subs before you know it! Keep on keepin on! God bless us all!

Hey there, sorry it took me so long to respond. That is so good that you have a supportive spouse, treasure it! Years ago my ex, the love of my life, would run me hot baths and massage my legs when I was withdrawing. I only wish I would've had the presence of mind then to think of tapering. At that time I just didn't even consider or envision a life without opiates. Since I began the taper I've seen her a few times, whenever our son goes for a few days, and each time I want to tell her what an insane thing I've been up to and how amazingly low I've gotten. So far I haven't thought.
    Sometimes I can't believe it's been 3 months for me. I know for a fact I was on some doses for days after I could have dropped. Also, as I said before, I began to do half drops around the 2mg range. This makes it almost unnoticeable but the trade-off is having the taper take literally twice as long. These two reasons combined are why my taper wasn't finished a month ago. As long as you have the supply it's much better to go too slow than too fast.
    Something else you mentioned that reminded me of my experience is where you talk about having some symptoms before your 2nd dose. When I started the taper, taking 2mg at 8:30 and 2mg at 4:30 I would start to get chills, sweats, etc. two or three hours before my 2nd dose. After a couple days I would feel fine until like an hour before my 2nd dose. Then, before you know it that 2nd dose will be rolling around and you'll still be feeling fine. That's how I gauged when I was stable, whenever I could make it to the 2nd dose with no symptoms. When you get there, stay on the dose another day or two to be safe then drop. After dropping you may have another couple days where you have mild symptoms before the 2nd dose but just like before your body will accept the new dose and you'll start feeling normal all day.
    I'll be back to post some tips on how I crushed and made doses and I can also post my drop amounts so you can get a better idea of why mine is taking so long. You're doing amazing so far and I know you're gonna impress yourself! To even start down this road puts you in a special group, for some addicts the thought of tapering or not having opiates is so bleak and far off that they will never recover by choice or even allow themselves to consider it. It is truly an insidious drug, warm and loving until you try to put it down, then it tries to kill you. Like a teddy bear that bites you if you drop it. Anyways, Keep posting and good luck!

Thanks for getting back with me guys! It's so appreciated! I wish I would have read your posts earlier. I went ahead and went down to 1.5 twice daily today. I wasn't having any issues before my last dose yesterday. But now I'm thinking maybe I should have given it another day. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision. Ugh! But I will be mindful of how I'm feeling and if I start have any problems maybe I'll go back to the 2mg twice daily. I deff don't want to carry any withdraw symptoms with me through out my tapper if I don't have to and especially want to make sure baby will Ok. The 4 mg just seems like so much that I thought it would be ok since I had no problems yesterday. I don't know it seems I'm constantly over thinking things. I did go ahead and crush a pill to split into 1.5 piles because that pill cutter was terrible! It doesn't even come close to cutting evenly.
    A teddy bear that bites you if you drop it, thats funny! True but funny. And Josh im sure when she does find out she will appreciate what a huge thing you have accomplished! It really is! No matter how long its taken your doing and thats an awesome thing! I wish I had stopped taking this medicine before now, I wanted to for so long and the fear of how I wouldd function and take care of the house and kids always had me telling myself now isnt a good time. Now I find myself 9 weeks pregnant and so wish I could go back. Whats done is done tho. I will be done soon enough tho. I'm excited to be myself again, to feel like myself.
    Anywho thanks so much again guys for hitting me back I really really appreciate it! You guys are awesome!
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Beautiful Disaster07 is online now Junior Member

Thanks for getting back with me guys! It's so appreciated! I wish I would have read your posts earlier. I went ahead and went down to 1.5 twice daily today. I wasn't having any issues before my last dose yesterday. But now I'm thinking maybe I should have given it another day. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision. Ugh! But I will be mindful of how I'm feeling and if I start have any problems maybe I'll go back to the 2mg twice daily. I deff don't want to carry any withdraw symptoms with me through out my tapper if I don't have to and especially want to make sure baby will Ok. The 4 mg just seems like so much that I thought it would be ok since I had no problems yesterday. I don't know it seems I'm constantly over thinking things. I did go ahead and crush a pill to split into 1.5 piles because that pill cutter was terrible! It doesn't even come close to cutting evenly.
    A teddy bear that bites you if you drop it, thats funny! True but funny. And Josh im sure when she does find out she will appreciate what a huge thing you have accomplished! It really is! No matter how long its taken your doing and thats an awesome thing! I wish I had stopped taking this medicine before now, I wanted to for so long and the fear of how I wouldd function and take care of the house and kids always had me telling myself now isnt a good time. Now I find myself 9 weeks pregnant and so wish I could go back. Whats done is done tho. I will be done soon enough tho. I'm excited to be myself again, to feel like myself.
    Anywho thanks so much again guys for hitting me back I really really appreciate it! You guys are awesome!
    Hi there! I’m Demi ...just want d to drop by and say hello! I am new here as well. I have not started tapering yet, but plan to in the next couple of months. I’ll be posting my story sometime over the weekend,so keep an eye out if you’re interested. Also, if you need to talk woman to woman I wanted to let you know that I am here. I am also a mother (boy 13 & girl 8) and an addict so we have at least that in common!!! Hope this finds you well! Hope to talk soon xoxo

Hey Demi! Super excited you left a reply on this thread! I so appreciate you offering support and I am here for you as we'll! I would deffentatly love to check out your story. Its awesome you came here and are looking to taper. I haven't been on here long but it has been such a blessing to have people here that have been where you are and have the same goals willing to take time out of their day to help give advice and encouragement! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Hey Demi! Super excited you left a reply on this thread! I so appreciate you offering support and I am here for you as we'll! I would deffentatly love to check out your story. Its awesome you came here and are looking to taper. I haven't been on here long but it has been such a blessing to have people here that have been where you are and have the same goals willing to take time out of their day to help give advice and encouragement! Look forward to hearing more from you!

It is wonderful to have something like this where you can talk with others who understand. It is just one of that we thinhs that a person cannot truly grasp unless you’ve lived it. I posted a thread in the suboxone therapy category with a little more about me. How are you feeling as far as pregnancy related symptoms?

Oh sweet I will go check that out! Im gonna take my daughter out for a mother daughter date then I'll have some extra time this evening when the kids go to bed. Your so right! Finding this place was such a blessing! I love reading everyones storys! Haven't finished the one I'm reading yet but with a house full its hard to get quiet time lol As for my pregnancy this has been the roughest! I'm constantly feeling sick everything smells so weird and that makes me sick and im just so tired. It could be I just turned 32 and I'm 10 + yrs older than i was with my first 2 but my almost 3 yr old wasn't bad either. Idk I'm ready to hit my 2nd trimester hopefully that will l bring relief. I ended up going ahead and staying at 2mg twice daily tomorrow I'm going to go down to 1.5 twice daily, i feel guilty like I back tracked but at the same time I didn't want to rush and make it harder on myself. My first OB appointment is coming up and I'm so nervous! I will be open and honest about my medication and my taper I'm just so worried about the way I'm going to be treated! I hate that I put my self in this situation. Anyway thats enough whining. I'm so excited that you're on here Demi, I'll be checking out your story looking forward to actually! Thanks for checking in on me. Also Josh I've started yours as well. Ttyl
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Hey demi I tried to find you in the suboxone thread but couldn't I don't know I'm new to this so I might not be very good at looking. I did see that you posted on Josh's is that where you posted your story?

Hey demi I tried to find you in the suboxone thread but couldn't I don't know I'm new to this so I might not be very good at looking. I did see that you posted on Josh's is that where you posted your story?
    Nun there’d is in the same category as his but it’s in its own. Let me see if I can be fancy and copy the link for you lol. Yeah this site is not user friendly!

Ok I’m going to try and paste the link here lol. I’m sorry this pregnancy is tough so far....I know what you mean about worrying how you will be treated at the doctors. I don’t ever want to say st the doctor or to anyone else for that matter. Just remember , you did nothing wrong. This medication is prescribed to you to help you with a ILLNESS. And did not feel bad about having to go up in the dose or feel as though you went backwards. You HAVE to go slowly, with pregnancy you really have to avoid having your body going into too much of a shock because it puts stress on the baby so slow is best xxooo. Ok try and see if I did the link thing right.

https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...vic-75225.html
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Hey Dannielle, I'm so glad you and Demi met! I'm sure it's nice to have another woman who can empathize in ways we guys may not understand. I know it's easier said than done but try not to beat yourself up over being on the sub and going to the Dr. If they're even halfway professional and competent they won't look down on you. The ones they look down on are mothers who go through pregnancy without saying anything and show up on delivery day and pop out a baby with a raging addiction. That's obviously not you. It is a mark of good maternal instincts that you want to taper for baby and they will know that.
    Also, don't sweat going back to 4mg. Whenever you start making it from morning dose to evening dose with no symptoms you'll know you're stable. When that happens I wait another day or even two just to be good and safe then drop. You're next drop would be 3mg but if that scares you you could drop to 3.5mg ( a half drop). What I would do is crush half a pill (4mg), make one long even line then take a card or razor and split it halfway to make two 2mg lines, push one to the side then split the other into two 1mg lines. At that point you can combine the 2mg with a 1mg to make 3mg or you can cut that extra 1mg in half to make two .5mg and add one of those to make 3.5mg. Whatever you decide when you have your total dose ready you can make it onto a line and split it in half like the others. One half for morning dose and one for evening. You're doing great, keep posting!

Hey guys! Yes im so greatful Demi found me! It is nice to have a woman empathize with me. Honestly im just so happy to have you guys to talk to, have support, and read your experiences and learn from you as well. I was late taking both doses today, it was a busy day and did experience some chills this evening but I'm wandering if it was because I was late taking My doses. Ive been very good about taking them on time but today time just got away from me. I was also bad today and bought an iced coffee while I was on my date with my daughter. I've been good about no caffeine i haven't had coffee or anything for 3 weeks, but I really was craving that ice coffee lol Anyway I'm trying to not over think this thing and get frustrated with going slow. I was dropping quickly there for a couple weeks which was too quickly and now I feel like I'm slackin, logically I know im doing it right by going slow, I just want so badly to be done with this, i really hate it! And Josh holy >>>> I have no idea why i didn't think of cutting the pill into 1mg piles and then putting 3 together and cutting it in half when i tried to move down to 3! I cut it into .5 mg piles to make my to 1.5 piles lol and it took me forever!
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Just have to say that is so weird I said the word c r a p and it. Auto corrected to >>>> like i said a cuss word lol
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Danielle, you are going to do just fine as long as you take it slow! Some pill cutters work better than others and of course the particular pills that you have may crumble easy which makes it hard to cut evenly? You can also try cutting them by hand using a sharp razor blade but be careful not to slip and cut yourself, obviously! If you have to, you can crush the entire pill then divide it up into four equal 2mg piles, from the 2mg piles you can get whatever dose you need? Just do the best you can, it won't be perfect but close enough!

Are you taking your doses at the same times everyday 8-10 hours apart? Remember that you will not be making reductions every four days! Four days is the "MINIMUM" on each dose! It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT not to make a reduction until you are completely stable on your current dose! If you make a reduction while you are still experiencing symptoms then those symptoms will follow you throughout the taper! Some reductions can be made in as little as four days but most reductions will require a few more days than that? I've been on certain doses for 7-10 days before I was stable enough to make a reduction! I can't express enough on how important it is to not rush the taper process! SLOW AND STEADY!

Robert's sub therapy/taper plan on average takes around 6-8 weeks from start to finish? For some people it make take upwards of 12-16 weeks or more? Just take it slow, there is no need to rush this because of your pregnancy! You'll be off the subs before you know it! Keep on keepin on! God bless us all!

Greetings Danielle, how are you doing/feeling today? DO NOT DROP YOUR SUB DOSE UNTIL YOU ARE GOOD AND STABLE!? I asked you about your dosing schedule in my last post above but I didn't see that you answered that specific question anywhere? I just wanted to make sure that you are taking your doses at the same exact times everyday (8-10 hours apart)? Also, remember to drink plenty of water, buprenorphine can cause dehydration! I am confident that if you continue to follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan and the suggestions/instructions that myself and others have left for you that you will experience minimal discomfort and complete the taper well before your baby is due? Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions and/or concerns along the way? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Set an alarm for your doses, I personally use my cell phone alarm! It's very important to take your doses at the same times everyday, this will help keep a consistent amount of buprenorphine in your system which in return will have you feeling the very best you can while on this medication!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-17-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Default Morning

Hey guys! Yes im so greatful Demi found me! It is nice to have a woman empathize with me. Honestly im just so happy to have you guys to talk to, have support, and read your experiences and learn from you as well. I was late taking both doses today, it was a busy day and did experience some chills this evening but I'm wandering if it was because I was late taking My doses. Ive been very good about taking them on time but today time just got away from me. I was also bad today and bought an iced coffee while I was on my date with my daughter. I've been good about no caffeine i haven't had coffee or anything for 3 weeks, but I really was craving that ice coffee lol Anyway I'm trying to not over think this thing and get frustrated with going slow. I was dropping quickly there for a couple weeks which was too quickly and now I feel like I'm slackin, logically I know im doing it right by going slow, I just want so badly to be done with this, i really hate it! And Josh holy >>>> I have no idea why i didn't think of cutting the pill into 1mg piles and then putting 3 together and cutting it in half when i tried to move down to 3! I cut it into .5 mg piles to make my to 1.5 piles lol and it took me forever!
    Hope you’re doing Weill today let us know how the dosing goes today and how you feel. Oh and don’t sweat that iced coffee mama....they’re mostly ice anyways lol.
    A sporadic coffee here and there won’t do any harm. I’m pretty sure my doc said I could keep drinking coffee, but to get a small versus a large. With iced coffee I don’t think the size matters as much because all of f the freakin ice they put in it (to rip us off!)

When exactly is your doctors appointment? Hopefully you’re doc is one of the more understanding ones. If for any reason they are giving you a hard time are making passive aggressive and / or judgemental comments, make sure to remind them that you are prescribed medication for a LIFE THREATENING illness and perhaps they should become educated On suboxone so they may better serve and treat their patients! Ok off my soapbox for now.

You’re doing awesome and I know you’re going to rock this!!! Anyways lmk when when that appointment is so I can send positive vibes tje morning of
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Hey guys sorry Ricky I must have missed your question. I take mine at 11am and 7pm. I know thats kind of late but I get up with my oldest 2 in the morning for school and then usually go back to sleep with my toddler until he wakes up around 10 ish. My husband works 2nd shift so I usually stay close to his schedule so we can see each other. But yesterday I was out and about all day and was late taking my both doses by more than an hour and I was experiencing some chills and hot flashes. I'm guessing from taking them late. But I usually get hot very easy anyway. So i took my meds on time today had a few chills here and there but nothing terrible and im not sure should I go ahead and move down tomorrow to 3? I don't want to be being a baby about this because even when I experienced a little chills today it wasn't terrible and today is day 7! Im sorry for asking and the uncertainty, I know you say take it slow.. Im just affraid of making the wrong decision and I dont want to go too slow or too fast. Ugh sorry
    Thanks for the encouraging words Demi you are awesome! My appointment is the 28th, thats so sweet of you to care! I so appreciate that! You are right about the doctors, hopefully I'm nervous for no reason and it goes well

Hey guys sorry Ricky I must have missed your question. I take mine at 11am and 7pm. I know thats kind of late but I get up with my oldest 2 in the morning for school and then usually go back to sleep with my toddler until he wakes up around 10 ish. My husband works 2nd shift so I usually stay close to his schedule so we can see each other. But yesterday I was out and about all day and was late taking my both doses by more than an hour and I was experiencing some chills and hot flashes. I'm guessing from taking them late. But I usually get hot very easy anyway. So i took my meds on time today had a few chills here and there but nothing terrible and im not sure should I go ahead and move down tomorrow to 3? I don't want to be being a baby about this because even when I experienced a little chills today it wasn't terrible and today is day 7! Im sorry for asking and the uncertainty, I know you say take it slow.. Im just affraid of making the wrong decision and I dont want to go too slow or too fast. Ugh sorry
    Thanks for the encouraging words Demi you are awesome! My appointment is the 28th, thats so sweet of you to care! I so appreciate that! You are right about the doctors, hopefully I'm nervous for no reason and it goes well

Hey lady! I would wait at least one more day. One thing that I think is important to remember is that being pregnant probably adds some variation from the typical progress of tapering. Think about it, your blood volume more than doubles, your metabolism changes etc. because of that, at times,It may take you longer to stabilize on a lower dose. Not always though. You’re body is involved in the extremely complex process of making a freaking human!!! So take things as they come, Day by day. I would encourage you to try not to focus on how many days “it should take” and err on the side of caution if you’re unsure of whether or not your body is ready to drop. Listen to your body it will tell you when it’s time. Just my perspective. Xoxo
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Thanks Demi, I drive my self crazy with the back and forth in my head lol. I guess my fear is getting caught up in that addict way of thinking, telling my self its not a good time for whatever reason instead of getting it done. I worry too about disappointing my husband he's so supportive but this is his baby too and I know he really wants me to be done with this medication ( as do I ! ) he hasn't pushed me in any way he just supports me completely but I don't want him to think I'm dragging my feet. He would never say it if he did think that. I just don't want to see that look of disappointment in his eyes. But he tells me all the time he's here for me and if I want to talk about it and having any problems he's there. But your right about the pregnancy I would never want to do anything to put the baby in danger. I feel so silly I haven't even gotten way far into my taper yet here I am allready questioning weather I should move down or not. But yes since the chills were still happening a little today and ive been getting so cold this evening and I asked my husband and kids if they were cold cause usually I'm the hot one and they all said no they were fine. Im thinking maybe taking my doses late yesterday threw me off or maybe I'm still trying to stabilize from tappering so fast from 16mg a day to the 4. Idk PATIENCE!! I'm sorry I've been rambling on and on about my worries. I just so appreciate having this place to come to have you guys to chat with about things. I so appreciate you guys so much! Keep up the good work everybody!

Morning!! I took the day off so it’s a happy Monday for me! Don’t even apologize for”rambling “ I’m your posts, that what we are here for! I know what you mean about the fear of falling into addict thinking....it’s amaz how addiction is able to hijack our thoughts and find way to justify. I always loved that quote “the lies we tell to others are interesting, the lies we tell to ourselves are fascinating “. That’s all the more reason to use this forum ad a sounding board. I can feel how badly you want off and I truly believe that your maternal instinct will trump that addict instinct if you will hahaha. Unfortunately there are some women that for whatever reason do not have a strong maternal instinct, but I can tell you do. It’s amazing that your husband is so supportive, that also amplifies you chances of success!!

One day at a time is such important advice. When we look to far into the future it gets very overwhelming. It’s good to have a long term plan, but then excite that plan one day at a time.

As for me, I’m doing okay. I think I can already feel a boost in energy from the Wellbutrin. It’s minimal but there. Could be placebo effect but either way it’s nice. Right now my goal is to be in a stable dose (no tapering up and then back down again) by my next appointment. Once I feel significantly bettter from the Wellbutrin (hopefully this med will work) then I will begin tapering down and off. I have to be aware of the fact that if I taper before addressing my depression then I will go back to using. Suboxone helps a lot with the cravings, but for me the most important aspect of the medication is the blocking effect. The times when I do want to use I know it pointless because it won’t work. That is the ultimate ssafety net for me!!
    JoshtheDad-O likes this.

Hey Dannielle, it's really not unusual that you're still having chills and minor symptoms. When I started the taper at 4mg and tried to get my body to accept the twice a day schedule it took me at least 10 days, maybe more, to start to feel normal from dose to dose. My main symptoms were chills and sweats just like you. When we go from taking our meds willy nilly whenever we please to taking a set amount at a set time it's an adjustment for our bodies. Just maintain your current dose until you do feel normal from dose to dose. Also, for me the hardest adjustment was the initial adjustment you're going through now. The drops after we're quicker to stabilize. So take heart from that. You're doing wonderful, don't sweat the small stuff!

Thanks Guys! Demi I thank you so much for your kind words, you put a smile on my face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast