Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ForMe30
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
Quick taper
    Loyalty is offline New Member

Default Quick taper

Was wondering how much of an affect is a quick taper, my tolerance is on average around 40-50mg of oxy but every now and then I'll jump up to 70-90 for a few days and come back down. Which is what I just did, I had took 90mg for about 3 days, then yesterday dropped to a 50 (throughout the day) , then today I only took 30mg. So if I jump tomorrow would that have any affect on it or will I still feel like I'm jumping off of 90mg?.. I wanna taper but I just don't have that in me to do.

ForMe30 is offline Member

Hi Loyalty it will still feel like your jumping off 90. Withdrawals will be the same....sorry. Not a lot of people can taper because it’s long and slow so you’re not alone in feeling that way.
    Come on here and read and post and get on the Thomas recipe. This is a great place for support.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

What y'all do to get thru the mental. Feel like this agony is gonna go on forever. I don't even think I made it into withdrawal yet, all the way and this sucks alot

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey loyalty. For the mental battle, first thing I did was grabbed some DLPA. It's an amino acid that helps to repair the brain after years of opiate abuse. I know ForMe mentioned the Thomas recipe, give it a look. It really helps. Leave out the benzos unless you are taking them under a doctor's supervision. Keep a positive outlook and get out of the house and do something. Producing the natural endorphins will make you feel better and get you out of your head. Even if it's just a walk to the mailbox. Anything but just sitting there and watching the clock.

Keep posting!! We're here for you!!
    Beef
    ForMe30 likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey loyalty, I'm glad your still here.. You cannot do this alone getting face to face support will help you give you the tools to deal with addiction. Randy gave you some awesome suggestions on your other threads. You have to really want this for yourself more than anything. Yes we were all scared of the unknown the withdrawals, it's possible just like having a bad flu you will get through this. But we need the tools the support not only in getting clean but staying clean. We are all here to support you moving forward...
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

I appreciate you guys responses! I have been keeping my level under 40mg and intend in keeping it that way until im ready to jump. I've been thru this before and I realized that the anticipation of withdrawal is worse than the actual withdrawal. But I continue to terrify myself for some reason.. But I just did some research on DLPA and I'm reading some good things about it, even that it actually potentates the opiate so I would be able to taper easier and when I jump I can continue to take DLPA for dopamine and endorphins. Is this true? I was going to use my own Lil formula of DLPA, kratom and Imodium for a week or so just to get thru it. Honestly in my mind if I can finally get to 3 days no opiates I feel like I defeated it, I have the hardest time getting past day 2. I dropped my tolerance down to 35mg once and jumped and the only withdrawal I went thru was no energy. I slept and all I just had a lingering depression which made me relapse but that DLPA seems it'll help with that? Also concerning my initial post, I jumped to 90, about how long do I have to stay at 30-35mg for my tolerance to finally have dropped to that level?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

The DLPA is great stuff. I still take it today. One day I woke up and I found myself laughing, my hand eye coordination was better, people didn't seem like such jerks all the time. Definately helped with general mood and attitude.

As far as the kratom is concerned. In my opinion that stuff is pure garbage. You never know what strain/potency you're getting, it's very addictive and I just couldn't justify trading one addictive substance for another. I watched a friend go through kratom w/d and they are no joke. They can be just as serious as opiate w/d.

In your initial post you said you were only at 90 mg for a few days. I don't think it should affect you that much. Stay there for a few days at 35mg and you'll know when you're ready.

Keep up the good work
    Beef
    Catrina and thefigurehead like this.