Quitting 1mg Xanax Cold turkey
    Mat7861 is offline New Member

Default Quitting 1mg Xanax Cold turkey

Wondering if anyone has quit 1mg xanax cold turkey taking it the length of time i have. I took 1mg 5 times a week for about 4 months, then the last 2 months i have been taking 1mg daily. I know there is a chance of seizures with quitting cold turkey but i may not have a choice as my doc cut my script. Most stories i see are of people taking 3mg+ daily. Anybody have any advice as i only have 2 pills left and am worried about thw withdrawls. Oh and it is alazopram.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mat!

I’ve taken and quit a number of benzodiazepines over the years, and found Xanax to be a bit hellish to stop. My doctor switched me to the equivalent dose of Klonopin to get off Xanax, then months later I quit the Klonopin without a lot of trouble. He explained to me that Klonopin lasts a really long time in the body, whereas Xanax was really a short acting drug by comparison. I’m not sure of the science of all that, but know I was hugely distressed after a few days without Xanax, but barely felt anything bad stopping the Klonopin.

I hope you’re ok, and that you find a solution. I never had a seizure, but I was really messed up trying to cold turkey Xanax.

(I was on 1mg Xanax 3 times a day, then took 0.5mg of Klonopin 3 times a day till I quit that)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-16-2018 at 01:45 PM.