Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Really need help.gettiing off oxys. starting day 4 WD
    sd8899 is offline Junior Member

Default Really need help.gettiing off oxys. starting day 4 WD

I need words of encouragement bad. I'm having problems sitting still and can't lay in the bed for more than 30 minutes. I'm drinking 64 ounces of Gatorade a day and drinking two ensures a day. taking the restless leg meds and a lot of vitamins. I just don't know what to expect on day 4 and beyond. How will I feel on day 5,6,7,8,9,10.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Congratulations on your Day 4. You should be feeling much better by tomorrow. Can you share how long you've been using, what you've been using and for how long? This can help us to help you and give you some idea of what you have in store over the next few days, weeks.

Peace,

Cat

4 DAYS is awesome, by the way. You're almost there with the worst of it!
    sd8899 likes this.

sd8899 is offline Junior Member

I had my first spinal surgery in '98 and then five more up till this past May. I've got two titanium plates in the front of my neck and two rods in the back of my neck with over twenty screws in my neck. I have degenerative disc disease and now it's moving down my back. The last surgery was on my lower back. I''ve been on oxycodone off and on the first seven years, but the last ten years I've been on oxycodone 10mg 4 times a day and a 50mcg Fentenyl patch every three days. I weaned off my patch last month and weaned off the oxycodone for two weeks. The last three days I was taking a half a pill three times a day. Of course I was having withdrawls through the whole weaning down process. Now it's just full blown withdrawl I have taken more than I was supposed to on quite a few occasions. I felt like they weren't controlling the pain the way they were ten years ago and didn't want to go to anything stronger. I just tired of being dependent on these pills. If I go anywhere I have to either bring pills with me or be back home before the next dose is due. I found myself taking the pills to keep from getting withdrawls instead of taking them when I need them. I really don't think my pain is as bad as I thought it was. Not having pain with the withdrawl so far. Day two and three were very bad on me. I haven't slept in four days. I can't lay still long enough to sleep. I'm doing the Thomas recipe and don't find that it's working that great. Is there anything out there that is not a prescription that will help me stop getting the jerks and help me sleep. I'm also using the restless leg meds that's over the counter.

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Hey, congrats on day 4! That is huge considering the amount of opiates you were taking. The fact that you decided enough was enough and took it upon yourself to ween down is also a huge accomplishment.

I will say that worrying about what tomorrow, or next week will be like is going to drive you crazy. This early on, you have to focus on this day, this hour, this minute. Take it one day at a time. As Cat said, you will start feeling better in a few days. I will say though, sleep is one of the last things to regulate when coming off opiates. Try to be as active during the day as you can, and it will help in the evening with sleep.

Just hang in there. You have accomplished so much and there's no reason to go back.

Good luck, and check back in.
    Clean as of 5.29.2014

"Do you have another day 1 in you?"

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Day 4! Congratulations! ^thats some good words of wisdom there from comeback kid... I'm gonna use them for myself as I am on day 2 and its agony. My legs won't stop moving and tingling. I've read the Thomas recipe can really help, especially the immodoum.
    Good luck tonight. Stay strong!