Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Getmebetter
  • 3 Post By Getmebetter
Second time around
    Getmebetter is offline New Member

Default Second time around

I’ve been here before... my first intro to Oxycodone was when a friend gave me one - I would do one every week or so, then I stopped. I loved country back to the U.K. - I went through some >>>> and after a while I decided to ask my doctor for some of those pills that made me feel so good. I started with 10mg then 30mg a day then 90mg a day then 160mg a day - I think at my worst it was 220mg a day but I went back to my doctor and told him I obviously had a huge problem as I had spiraled out of control. He tapered me down to around 30mg a day although I did have other resources and the last week I messed up a bit with my last day of oxy being about 120mg Prior to that I think I fluctuated between 30 and 70mg a day simply bc I managed to get hold of them. Thankfully that resource was a temporary one and my docs won’t give extra under any circumstances which is great. I just couldn’t deal with taking them any more. I’m on day 2 about the 48 hour mark now. My legs ache I have slight sweats, the physical side isn’t too bad but mentally I can’t cope, I’m so down. When does it stop when will I feel normal again. I’ve been on them about a year. Help
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getmebetter View Post
    I’ve been here before... my first intro to Oxycodone was when a friend gave me one - I would do one every week or so, then I stopped. I loved country back to the U.K. - I went through some >>>> and after a while I decided to ask my doctor for some of those pills that made me feel so good. I started with 10mg then 30mg a day then 90mg a day then 160mg a day - I think at my worst it was 220mg a day but I went back to my doctor and told him I obviously had a huge problem as I had spiraled out of control. He tapered me down to around 30mg a day although I did have other resources and the last week I messed up a bit with my last day of oxy being about 120mg Prior to that I think I fluctuated between 30 and 70mg a day simply bc I managed to get hold of them. Thankfully that resource was a temporary one and my docs won’t give extra under any circumstances which is great. I just couldn’t deal with taking them any more. I’m on day 2 about the 48 hour mark now. My legs ache I have slight sweats, the physical side isn’t too bad but mentally I can’t cope, I’m so down. When does it stop when will I feel normal again. I’ve been on them about a year. Help
    Welcome!

You're almost half way through the worst of the physical symptoms. Right around Day 5 they will subside greatly but you'll be left with low energy and some trouble sleeping. This part takes time as does the mental, I'm afraid. Take it one minute at a time and in a couple of weeks you'll begin to see a big difference in your mood and things will gradually continue to get better. How long? The Million Dollar Question. It's different for each of us but you were on them for only a year, which is long enough, but it's worse the longer you're on them.

Once you're feeling a bit better physically, get out of the house and stay as busy as you possibly can. Keeping your mind busy is the biggest help. Resist the cravings even if it's for an hour and then do it again and again. That was the only way I was able to get past those first difficult weeks. If sounds like you're not too too bad physically right now so get some exercise. It really is the very best thing to get all your natural feel good chemicals to fire back up.

Good luck and keep posting. Support around here is amazing and something that you don't need to do this without. We're here and listening. You can do this. You should do this. You won't be sorry.

Peace,

Cat

Getmebetter is offline New Member

Thank you Cat - I’m actually feeling a bit better today it’s not as bad as I thought and I’m waiting to get hit with something worse. Maybe My worst part is over and I’ll be ok?!