• 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By codyschm
  • 2 Post By OKC-26
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Seeking Advice
    codyschm is offline New Member

Default Seeking Advice

If I’m in the wrong place or said something I shouldn’t have, please let me know.

A little background on my substance abuse history, I started off with pot and used it from age 17-25 pretty frequently. I haven’t smoked in about a year. I used pain pills of all kinds from about 20-25, with the general usage per day varying. I started to crave them everyday, and jumped onto Subutext because it was so easy to find on the street. I’ve been using it for about 3 years with a 3 month break in between after my first stint in an outpatient rehab facility. I would crush and snort one over the course of a three day period. That was my routine for a little over a year, lost a job, a girlfriend, and just about everything else that legitimately mattered to me. I went to a rehab facility, and they assigned me to an outpatient program meeting 3 times a week for 3 hours. I was also prescribed 600 mg of Gabapentin 3 days a day, 0.5 mg of Ropinole twice a day, and 100 mg of Trazodone as needed for sleep. Everything was great for about 6 months, but I stayed hanging olseound the same people in the same town. Eventually I relapsed, and that was about 2 years ago. Recently, I have tapered down to snorting one 8 mg pill on an average of every 11-12 days. My withdrawals are pretty much every morning. I can do a minuscule amount and be fine for essentially the entire day. I have moved to a new city about an hour away and only go home to get 1 new pill pretty much every other weekend. All I want to do is be completely drug free, so I guess I’m asking, should I try and go back to the same rehab facility and get prescribed the same medicine that worked the first time? Is there a cheaper alternative? I just recently graduated college and started my first salaried full-time job and attending the same program would be problematic. I am going to start a full-time MBA program in March, and really want to be clean or at least over the severe PAWS. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Starting MBA in August, not sure why I said March. Sorry for the confusion.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Welcome codyschm. So if I'm reading this right an 8mg subutex will last you 2 weeks??

Secondly you gotta stop snorting the subutex. It's purely addict behavior. Dissolve it under your tongue and you will get the proper effect from it.

Suboxone/subutex are ridiculously strong and have a very long half life. That's why that little amount you take can hold you over for a day. First we need to see what you're dosage is. I'd say right now you're roughly on .75mg/day. (Please feel free to correct me, I'm just ballparking here) Have you seen the suboxone taper plan located at the top of the suboxone treatment sub forum? It's the first thread marked "sticky". Basically it calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days until you're at .25mg/day or lower. Then it suggests working in the skip days process to help get you ready for the days without a dose, and it also helps to allow the long half life of the subs to "catch up" and dissipate making for a softer landing when you jump. It has helped literally thousands of people get clean from the subs. Give it a read. Twice. You can skip the induction process as you are already taking the subs.

If you follow this taper plan there is no need to miss any work, and your w/d will be minimal.

I gotta run now but I'll check back later.
    Welcome again!!
    Beef
    thefigurehead and 1232 like this.

Beefaroni,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Yes 1 8 mg (5411) pill will last me 2 weeks. I am going to try and switch to dissolving under my toungr as opposed to intranasally today. I have yet to look at that taper plan, but do you think my intake will remain around the same since I would be changing the way I administer it? I will check out treatment forum as well. Again, thanks for taking the time out to reply.

codyschm
    1232 likes this.

OKC-26 is offline Member

Cody I don’t know much about sub. There’s other who know much much more than me. I’ve only used it a couple dozen times in between getting my DOC of choice at the time.

But, I’ve used it both ways and honestly I couldn’t tell a difference in potency either way. Maybe felt it quicker sniffing but that’s about it. Give it a shot under the tongue, I don’t think you’ll be able to tell much of a difference. If you can tell I would bet that it’s all in your head. We’re here for you Cody. Keep posting!
    1232 and Catrina like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Cody and Welcome!

I'm glad that OKC stopped in and let you know his experience snorting that sub. They are intended to be placed under your tongue so after reading that OKC said that he didn't see any difference, it makes me more confident in telling you to immediately switch to doing it the proper way, under your tongue.

One of the most important things you're going to have to do is to establish your daily dose so that you can begin to be absolutely consistent. This is soooo important moving forward. So, if 8mg lasted you for 14 days, then assuming that you weren't being careful in evenly dividing that tablet, the average would be .60mg/day. Because you've been at that dose for awhile now, I think it would be OK to immediately reduce that dose to .50 (1/2)mg/day to make it a little easier to get accurate doses.

There's a couple of different ways to divide your doses. I'd start by taking the 8mg tablet and cutting it in 4 so that each piece is 2mg. Take one of those pieces and cut in it half so that you have two 1mg pieces. If you can't cut that again to get .5, you can crush it into fine powder and make two even piles. Use a business card or something similar to scoop up the powder and pour it under your tongue. Don't drink or eat anything for a little bit to be sure you get the full effect. Take the other pile and put it into a piece of foil and mark it so that you know how much you have in there. Store the other pieces you haven't crushed in another piece of foil or an old pill bottle and mark that so that you know the dose of each piece. I know you're probably saying you'll remember but it's a good system to put into place right now because as you begin to make reductions, you'll likely have different sized pieces and it's easy to lose track of what they are.

Continue to take .50mg/day for at least the next four days. If you are stable (no symptoms) you can make another 25% reduction or down to .375mg/day and stay there for at least four days. If you need to stay at that dose for a couple days longer, it's OK. Just be consistent and be sure to take the same amount everyday at the same time.

No. You shouldn't need to go back to rehab/detox and you should do just fine without any other medication. You should just keep making those 25% reductions until you are at .25mg/day or lower. Most people have been reducing down to .125mg/day and then do skip days. Once you've jumped, you might feel some lethargy and have some trouble sleeping. It'll pass. You can check out some things at a health food store that might help with your energy level. Beef swears by something but I can't remember exactly what it is. DPL or something like that. I'm sure he'll check back in and give you the name. For sleep, you can try some valarian root or melatonin before bedtime and use a strong cup of Sleepy Time Tea to wash it down. If that doesn't help, maybe you can check with your doctor and ask or a small supply of Trazadone. That's harmless enough especially short term.

This won't take you long and should be quite painless if you follow the plan exactly. Ask questions if you have any and just remember to be CONSISTENT! So important so make sure those doses are as accurate as you can get them.

Peace,

Cat
    OKC-26 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey cody. I don't think you'll notice a difference taking it under the tongue. I'd agree with okc thinking along the lines that if you do it's more in your head. Subs are very powerful. I'm really glad Cat was able to drop by yesterday. Her advice is spot on as always. I have nothing to add along the lines of dosing, drops, and measuring. Great stuff. You'll never go wrong following her.

You'll definately want to pick up some supplements for when you jump. Have you seen the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal? Everything there will help you on this journey. Minus the benzos unless you are taking them under a doctor's supervision. They're highly addictive and you don't want to go trading one for the other. The stuff Cat was talking about that I swear by is DLPA. Amazing stuff. It's an amino acid that helps repair the brain after years of opiate addiction. It helped with lethargy, general mood, coordination etc. One day I woke up and noticed I was happy, and people didn't seem like such a-holes all the time. Lol. I still take it today. Great great stuff.

Keep posting and reading. It really helps!! Find a nice long thread and have at it. I read so many here on my sleepless nights. And each one made me more determined to see this through and not let a drug run my life. There are so many success stories here.

I'll check back later. Have a great day!
    Beef
    OKC-26 likes this.