Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PynkKynk
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Suboxine questions
    PynkKynk is offline New Member

Default Suboxine questions

If a person is prescribed to take 16mg of suboxine a day and miss some doses and a urine drug screen is scheduled how much in what time frame do they need to take to get their urine level to show up correctly? And does it build a level or does it leave ur system in so much time??
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by PynkKynk View Post
    If a person is prescribed to take 16mg of suboxine a day and miss some doses and a urine drug screen is scheduled how much in what time frame do they need to take to get their urine level to show up correctly? And does it build a level or does it leave ur system in so much time??
    Welcome!

First just a comment from me without judgement. 16mg of sub is absolutely way too high of a dose for anyone. It does have a ceiling effect so by taking that much not only are you digging yourself into a deeper hole but you're wasting lots of sub.

To answer your question, sub has a very long half life so it "stacks". The half life of sub is between 36 and 72 hours. Each consecutive day that you dose, the amount builds in your system and it takes a very long time to dissipate. Depending upon how much you usually take per day and how long you've been taking it, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that it could take weeks to get back down to where you should be. Again, it depends upon how long you've been taking it and how much of it. Here's an example. They gave my son subs for two days. Yes two days when he was in detox. I ordered test kits online to see when it would leave his system. It was a full two weeks before he tested negative. After only 2 days!! It's unbelievably slow to leave your system.

You didn't ask so I won't go there but when you're ready to begin a proper taper and leave this all behind you, just let us know and we'll help. Like I mentioned above, using that extraordinarily high dose of sub is a simple waste of money and sub regardless of whether you intend to continue with your sub therapy or if you want to get off. I can't remember for sure but I think the ceiling is around 8mg and anything more is a waste. Less is more with subs and almost everyone feels better on a low dose. By low I mean getting down to 1 or 2mg/day. I know that's nearly impossible to believe but it's true.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.