• 1 Post By Dtot
  • 2 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 2 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By davepeerson
  • 2 Post By iloerose
Suboxone Detox
    Dtot is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Detox

Hello all, first I would like to say, nice to meet all of you who may reply to this thread. Ok so where do I start? I started taking suboxone last March, (Dr wanted me to take 16 mgs a day the first day and my IQ told me I didn't need nearly that much) so I basically just took 8mg a day, 4mg twice, for the first 3-4 months. Ultimately I knew in my mind I would need to start cutting down so I got to where I was just taking a half (4mg) a day & seemed to not to be able to go any lower, it's not like I even needed the whole 4, I would just take it 2mg twice daily just to psychologically know I had something in me.

Where I am at now: My last dose was last Wednesday @ 2 am. Currently I am on Day 6 and to be completely honest the withdrawals haven't been THAT bad to me. They've seemed nothing like coming off Opana withdrawals which I did in jail. The truly only symptoms I have had are waking up freezing every morning, I've kept my appetite, im still able to sleep at least 5-7 hrs at most a day. But the lingering things are just freezing and being cold, it's not like cold sweats, I just get chills on & off, also im completely unable to focus on tasks at hand. Somedays I will feel as if my body is making a turn for the better then the chills will keep coming, sure I can endure these, they aren't as bad as RLS which I've also been lucky to not have had. I was on subs for almost a year, being as we are in Feb now & I started last March. My only question is, what's with this? I've read & I understand it's slow & gradual process. Is my body playing tricks on me? Hell the past two days I've been able to take a nap during the middle of the day. I have no idea if this is a testiment to me not getting a lot of sleep or not, I'm just confused as to how long these chills and being able to focus will last. I can endure them, for the sake of myself and my son, I have vowed to myself and God that I will not go back to my old life, I want to be a completely clean and normal human being again.
    davepeerson likes this.

I hate to bump this thread, I guess im just looking for someone to talk to who may have knowledge & insight on this.

Does it generally take this long to get a reply

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Yes, sometimes it takes a while to get a reply. So you jumped from 4mg? That's why you're not feeling real bad yet - because of the half-life. I really hope it doesn't get any worse for ya.

Gotta run but will be back...
    Kat
    iloerose and Dtot like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

People are working and then people that haven't done subs are hesitant to reply. I'm thinking you're pretty lucky, usually dropping off 4mg. of sub is pretty rough and you ARE on day 6, so cross your fingers. As far the the cold thing and the not being able to focus: it's going to take awhile for your natural chemical processes to take over and for natural chemicals to start producing. Best things? Eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated and away from energy drinks, EXERCISE. Exercise doesn't have to be a full out work out, a good 20min. walk will do. That is the key to getting endorphins and natural chemicals producing again. As far as how long this will last, everyone was is different, but it will most likely take close to a month. Mentally, it's a gradual process, but you can help it along by exercising, and the other things I pointed out to you. Keep posting your journey, people will chime in. If you want, post in the Suboxone Treatment Board, more people there who are familiar with subs. Keep moving forward!!!!!

Peace,

Iloerose
    davepeerson and Dtot like this.

I appreciate both of the replies very much. And sorry im new to "forums". And well yeah 4mg was pretty much what I stopped on. My last intake was about 2-3mg worth piece last Wednesday/Thursday. And yes I feel as if I have been lucky, I would have thought this being day 6, the last of what I took would be out of my system by now. Also, I do have a treadmill but hardly ever use it, maybe I should. I will most definitely try this as I just picked up some ginseng vitamins and other energy vitamins. Idk I guess im just pretty confused as to why it hasn't been as rough as I expected. Sure I am greatful for this & thank God for this everyday. I will keep this up to date as to how I feel. I will see if I can find the Suboxone Treatment Board. Again, thanks for replying, any words/input help!

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Welcome....I would just say Ditto to everything Rose said....( above )....I would add...that You are also Lucky you haven't been on them for a Really Long Time! I...For One...was on them over 3 years!! The Longer You've shut down those Brain Receptors.....the Worse off you would have Been!! So...here's to Hoping and Praying You Never....Never..Go Back!! I would 2nd the exercise and stay Hydrated.....Good Luck...And Stay Strong My Friend!!
    Dtot likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Dtot: I'm also going to chime in with Kat as far as the half-life of the sub, which is why I said to keep your fingers crossed as far as any increase of w/d is concerned. The half-life of sub is extremely long: between 24-60 hours. That said, everyone is different, it's possible that the w/d will not get worse, this has happened to few others. In the meantime, put actively into effect some of the things I've already pointed out. Are you taking ANYTHING else through this?

Also check the Thomas Recipe for supplements:

A good multi-vitamin
    Magnesium, Calcium and potassium supplement
    Eat well, stay away from processed foods
    Stay hydrated: stay away from energy drinks, pop, gatorade will help.

Whatever you do, follow any advice that Kat gives you: she knows her stuff well.

Keep posting. Use this for your journal. This is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do and the most important thing you will ever do in your entire lifetime. Stay strong, one day at a time.
    Dtot and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Thank you very kindly sir. And yes basically I have had them prescribed & I have taken them for 11 months. I have no intentions on turning back now. I've just been shocked as to how little symptoms I have had, well physical symptoms at least. Psychological will continue for no telling how long. It honestly just helps me get through a day being able to talk to someone & get things off my chest. Especially people who have been through it or are going through it also. Wow 3 yrs, I cannot imagine how the w/d's were coming off of that unless you tapered correctly.. What I should of done but I was to stubborn to do so :/

S
    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Dtot: I'm also going to chime in with Kat as far as the half-life of the sub, which is why I said to keep your fingers crossed as far as any increase of w/d is concerned. The half-life of sub is extremely long: between 24-60 hours. That said, everyone is different, it's possible that the w/d will not get worse, this has happened to few others. In the meantime, put actively into effect some of the things I've already pointed out. Are you taking ANYTHING else through this?

Also check the Thomas Recipe for supplements:

A good multi-vitamin
    Magnesium, Calcium and potassium supplement
    Eat well, stay away from processed foods
    Stay hydrated: stay away from energy drinks, pop, gatorade will help.

Whatever you do, follow any advice that Kat gives you: she knows her stuff well.

Keep posting. Use this for your journal. This is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do and the most important thing you will ever do in your entire lifetime. Stay strong, one day at a time.
    Those were very strong words at the end of your post. To answer your question. Yes I have been taking multivitamins and vitamin C up until today when I lurked a couple of posts, I went and picked up Ginseng, d3 5000, & b-6 vitamins. Im not sure if there are anymore that would help out on anything & to be completely honest I hope I am one of the few who won't have to endure the worst of W/D symptoms, like I did when I was in jail coming off of Opanas. (They are the reason I had to get on sub) I started in 2009 snorting the stop sign opanas, that last up until they were taken off the shelves. Now introduce a new chapter in my life, intravenous use of those hard plastic gel opanas, I did this up until I finally got so fed up with the darkness that consumed my life, that I went to a sub dr. While I was on the subs, Life was great; I was seeing my son, living a normal life but with that little crutch that suboxone is. Now that said im 6 days in going on 7 at 2am tomorrow morning. I pray to God every day when I stand in the shower just to get warm, I have especially been praying a lot lately asking for forgiveness and the heart, strength & willpower to make it through this time in my life. Oh & yes, I have been drinking just water & Gatorade, I like to drink them at room temperature though, not cold.

kc50 is offline Member

Hey Dtot,

Nice to meet you.. I am KC. I am on day 10 from subs. I tapeered down to 1.2 mg before jumping. I hope your w/d continues to be tolerable. The thing that got me was the RLS at night. I ate, too, during the day. Shoveled snow, went to a wake n funeral, musician at church for ash wednesday...blah blah.. The thing that is getting me now is just the anxiety. O ya and the darn sweats...hot, cold, whatever...wicked blast. Good luck, hon and keep posting. This forum kept me sane a few times..

I've been back to Catholic church for a year...I even tried saying the rosary during w/d's!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-25-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: adding

kc50 is offline Member

Hey Dtot,

Im KC. Nice to meet ya. I am at day 10 off subs. Jumped at 1.2 mg. I am glad you're not going through anything horrible, although those body temps can be annoying. I have that AND anxiety still at day 10. Stay strong...hopefully that half life won't sneak up on you.

K

kc50 is offline Member

well now, isn't that funny..thought the first post was gone...sorry