• 1 Post By Svetochek
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Svetochek
  • 1 Post By Svetochek
  • 1 Post By Svetochek
Svetochek sub taper and needs help
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Default Svetochek sub taper and needs help

Here you go. Unless you're posting advice or support to another member, try to keep your updates and questions here. If you have trouble finding it, click on your name and this thread name should pop up and you can follow the link right back here.

It sounds like you're mostly stable aside from the anxiety that I know can be brutal. If you're not having any other symptom that is troublesome, you may be ready to reduce but maybe not. I know that some of the things that are recommended, like deep breathing, can sometimes sound kinda hokey but it does work and worth a try. Get yourself comfortable and still, close your eyes and inhale deeply and slowly through your nose and then exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat this ten times. It's worth trying! Have you tried to take a brisk walk? I know, I know. When we feel like an elephant is sitting on our chest, it feels impossible but please do try. Vigorous exercise always helps me partly because it forces me to breath deeply. Look online for other relaxation techniques and just try them.

I have to ask--is there anything that is causing you extra anxiety? I have to believe that your taper and knowing that it's a race to complete the taper before you run out of the subs has got to be weighing on your mind. Try to look at it this way: You're at .75 so your next reduction will bring you down to .6. If you're able to continue to steadily reduce without any blips, you will only need one full 8mg pill to complete the taper and then jump after you've reduced to .17/day. How much sub do you have left now? If you have more than 8mg left, then stay at .75 for another day or two to allow things to settle down and to be sure that you're good and stable.

Post and let me know if you have enough to stay at .75 for another day or two. Hope you get this under control. It's terrible to feel this way.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Svetochek is offline Junior Member

Hi, Cat!
    I found it! Let me read what you said and I'll go from here. Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Now I've read your reply in full! Thank you very much for your advice on the breathing techniques! I actually completely forgot about this. I used to do it a while ago when I had problems during too hot summer and my heart rate was out of control. I'll be doing it from now on. I already have all the doses measured but I do have a few crumbs left ... probably not more than 1mg. I could stretch it a bit longer.
    I really don't have much stress in life now besides getting off them pills. It was a bit easier because I had a very close friend in town helping me get through this but he was out of town for two weeks now. He is coming back Monday and I know it will get a bit easier with his support. He usually takes me out of town or for a hike to make sure I'm not just thinking about taper.
    I forsed myself go to the gym yesterday and the day before yesterday. I didn't exercise a lot but did something besides just sitting at home or at my office.
    I think I'm just so tired tapering and sometimes think just to stop it and get it over with.. I really don't have much of the other symptoms... sneezing every now and then and some sweats but nothing I can't handle. Anxiety is very huge issue so far for me. I even take a supplement called Calm Support but I don't think it's helping much... I don't want to get on any other prescription meds for sure.
    Again I'm very grateful for your replies!!!
    Catrina and Autumnhopes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetochek View Post
    Now I've read your reply in full! Thank you very much for your advice on the breathing techniques! I actually completely forgot about this. I used to do it a while ago when I had problems during too hot summer and my heart rate was out of control. I'll be doing it from now on. I already have all the doses measured but I do have a few crumbs left ... probably not more than 1mg. I could stretch it a bit longer.
    I really don't have much stress in life now besides getting off them pills. It was a bit easier because I had a very close friend in town helping me get through this but he was out of town for two weeks now. He is coming back Monday and I know it will get a bit easier with his support. He usually takes me out of town or for a hike to make sure I'm not just thinking about taper.
    I forsed myself go to the gym yesterday and the day before yesterday. I didn't exercise a lot but did something besides just sitting at home or at my office.
    I think I'm just so tired tapering and sometimes think just to stop it and get it over with.. I really don't have much of the other symptoms... sneezing every now and then and some sweats but nothing I can't handle. Anxiety is very huge issue so far for me. I even take a supplement called Calm Support but I don't think it's helping much... I don't want to get on any other prescription meds for sure.
    Again I'm very grateful for your replies!!!
    Smart! We know that a few benzos will calm us down but SOOOOO not worth it. Take a deep breath (oh! I already said that!). Sitting around is absolutely the very worst thing that you can do when you get anxious. Walk it off! Glad your friend will be back so that he can motivate you. Not too much longer and you'll have put this part behind you. Continue to work on your recovery because as addicts, we certainly know that just because we were able to get clean doesn't mean we're all better. Do you go to meetings? Will you consider going?

Keep posting! It helps so much.

Peace,

Cat

Yes, I'm going to the meetings. It's not the AA or NA , this group calls Celebrate Recovery. But it's similar to the AA meetings. I know it's possible to beat this and I know once I'm over this I'll stay clean. I stopped drinking at some point in my life and no matter how difficult my life got I didn't even think about drinking alcohol. This is the last little (or big) part of my life now to stop taking suboxone and stay away from it. Not like the others I didn't get on suboxone to stop my opioids addiction. I just started taking it because I liked how it made me feel. But pretty soon I realized it was probably worse than pain pills. So here I am, desperately trying to quit and it's been very very difficult. Thank you for your support and encouragement!
    Lana

Sdc9409 is offline Junior Member

Yes, I'm going to the meetings. It's not the AA or NA , this group calls Celebrate Recovery. But it's similar to the AA meetings. I know it's possible to beat this and I know once I'm over this I'll stay clean. I stopped drinking at some point in my life and no matter how difficult my life got I didn't even think about drinking alcohol. This is the last little (or big) part of my life now to stop taking suboxone and stay away from it. Not like the others I didn't get on suboxone to stop my opioids addiction. I just started taking it because I liked how it made me feel. But pretty soon I realized it was probably worse than pain pills. So here I am, desperately trying to quit and it's been very very difficult. Thank you for your support and encouragement!
    Lana
    So are we doing better today??

Well, yes and no... today is my second day of scheduled 0.50 mg per day and I ended up taking a tiny sliver yesterday and today in about 30 minutes after my regular dose in the morning. I don't know how much additional dose I took but I feel better after I did it. So... am I tapering too fast and need more days to stabilize between dropping my dose? Probably yes, but I don't have any more extra pills to do it. I have all the doses measured and have 3 small crumbs in addition to the measured doses as my rescue doses. So I'm facing an option of being in constant withdrawals while tapering or just stop now and start my real withdrawals.... I just feel very tired from stretching it for over a month now. I started from 2mg and now at .50-.75 but it seems almost impossible to get lower than that... for me it's mostly mental/emotional symptoms. You just want to stop! I have an event to go to this Friday and this is the only reason I'm still trying to taper and not just quit because I have to be there and be functional!
    What is your opinion? Should I continue tapering or just stop and let my real misery begin?
    Thank you for reading and replying to me
    Catrina likes this.

Well, yes and no... today is my second day of scheduled 0.50 mg per day and I ended up taking a tiny sliver yesterday and today in about 30 minutes after my regular dose in the morning. I don't know how much additional dose I took but I feel better after I did it. So... am I tapering too fast and need more days to stabilize between dropping my dose? Probably yes, but I don't have any more extra pills to do it. I have all the doses measured and have 3 small crumbs in addition to the measured doses as my rescue doses. So I'm facing an option of being in constant withdrawals while tapering or just stop now and start my real withdrawals.... I just feel very tired from stretching it for over a month now. I started from 2mg and now at .50-.75 but it seems almost impossible to get lower than that... for me it's mostly mental/emotional symptoms. You just want to stop! I have an event to go to this Friday and this is the only reason I'm still trying to taper and not just quit because I have to be there and be functional!
    What is your opinion? Should I continue tapering or just stop and let my real misery begin?
    Thank you for reading and replying to me

Well. I guess you're up against it. There is absolutely no question in my mind that you aren't feeling well because you tapered so quickly. If even though you're not feeling your best, you're feeling well enough to work and/or do what you need to do then I'd hang in there. Having said that, I don't think I'd taper again until you stabilize and you will, it will just take you longer than usual. If you run out of the subs before you are able to reduce down to .25, at least you'll be stable at whatever dose you end up at. I know you're in a tough spot but adding rescue doses isn't really helping you in the long run. If you need more to get through the day, then figure out how much you need and be consistent with that dose. By adding the rescue doses, you're just being counter productive, not feeling well and not really reducing your dose. Know what I mean? You may as well find the daily dose that keeps you well and when you're out, you're out. I sure do wish you were able to lay your hands on one or two more tablets so that you could get stable and complete the taper properly. Bleh. Wishing does no good and I'm sorry.

Peace,

Cat

Cat, you are right about "rescue" doses. I just called them that but in reality, I think I'm just being stabilizing on .75 mg. Because that's the approximately the amount I'm ending up taking ... could I get another pill? Maybe there is a chance but to do that I'd have to call my ex which I really don't want to do. We had pretty nasty divorce about year and a half ago... anyway... I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to taper this low! I just wish I had someone in my life who could could be with me through this and stay after I was finally finished with all this >>>>... excuse my language.
    I might do what you suggested, just stay on .75 or a bit lower and when I'm out I'm out. Hopefully I can manage to stretch that I have through Friday. I have an event to go to on Friday evening and need to be acting normal.
    I am getting just minimum of my work done at the office and luckily for me I'm my own boss and don't have to call in sick... but if I don't work I don't get paid too.. last month I didn't get much done at my office at all ... so I have to get up and get things done.
    Thank you for responding to me! You have been giving me support I need!
    Lana
    Catrina likes this.

I've been reading a lot lately .... a bunch of different stories on this site and it seems like no matter what dose you jump off with suboxone you will still have same withdrawals for the same period of time...
    Catrina likes this.

I've been reading a lot lately .... a bunch of different stories on this site and it seems like no matter what dose you jump off with suboxone you will still have same withdrawals for the same period of time...
    You're right about that but there's a huge difference in the severity of the symptoms depending upon how low you taper before you jump. Most folks who follow the plan and reduce down to .25 or even less have some mental adjusting to do, may have a little trouble sleeping, and see a little bit of a dip in their energy but almost never bad enough to stop them from going to work and doing what they need to do. They're not sick, just not 100%. I guess it's when your expectations are too high and think that there will be absolutely no fall out when this is over, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. No. It's not perfect but it shouldn't be terrible either. The folks who have the most trouble are those who jump too soon (too high a dose) or had trouble during their entire taper usually because they weren't consistent with their daily doses and/or reducing before they were ready. Of course there are others, a very small percentage, who in spite of following the Plan carefully has/had trouble their entire taper. Who knows? Some perhaps because they expected too much but others because the sub simply didn't agree with them. You'd know by now if they don't agree with you so.....

Please just consider what I just said when you read the updates from those who are just jumping. Read those updates carefully and most often you'll see that any trouble they are experiencing isn't that bad and some of it is simply adjusting mentally while the rest is just allowing the rest of the sub to diminish and all your natural feel good chemicals rebooting. I suspect you're going to do just fine. Don't freak yourself out.

Peace,

Cat

Hi, Cat and thank you for your response. I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I remember jumping off 2mg in the beginning of August and I was a mental and emotional wreck. I had some chills but no other symptoms except in my head. That's when I called my ex and got 4 pills from him to start this taper. It seems like I'm somewhat stable now on .75 mg but I have no more left. I have only two .75 doses left and that's all! And I did make up my mind about NOT calling my ex for more. He always had a huge power over me and was very manipulating. At this point I'd rather die than to call him about suboxone.
    I left him because I wanted to be in control of my own life. I could try not to take my last .75mg on Saturday and just see how I do and maybe save it to take on Sunday or Monday...? On the other hand I'm the type of person that once start taking nothing might as well try really hard to stick with nothing...
    God help me

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi, Cat and thank you for your response. I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I remember jumping off 2mg in the beginning of August and I was a mental and emotional wreck. I had some chills but no other symptoms except in my head. That's when I called my ex and got 4 pills from him to start this taper. It seems like I'm somewhat stable now on .75 mg but I have no more left. I have only two .75 doses left and that's all! And I did make up my mind about NOT calling my ex for more. He always had a huge power over me and was very manipulating. At this point I'd rather die than to call him about suboxone.
    I left him because I wanted to be in control of my own life. I could try not to take my last .75mg on Saturday and just see how I do and maybe save it to take on Sunday or Monday...? On the other hand I'm the type of person that once start taking nothing might as well try really hard to stick with nothing...
    God help me

Hi there!

I completely understand your reluctance to not ask your ex for any more Suboxone. You have 2 of the .75mg doses left for a total of 1.5mg. If you absolutely can't get more sub then this is what I would do if it were me in your shoes....

Seeing as you're "somewhat" stable now on .75mg I would reduce tomorrow to .5mg. Take .5mg tomorrow (Friday). Then begin taking .375mg for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday). Finally reduce to .25mg (Monday) and then make your final jump on Tuesday.

This will take a total of 1.5mg, exactly what you have left. While this in no way a perfect taper, it will allow you to reduce your current dose and hopefully soften the landing much more than if you jumped now or tried to be more agressive with the taper.

This is what I would do if it were me. In the event something happens and you can obtain another sub or two let us know and we can figure out a different taper for you.

Randy
    Catrina likes this.

Hi, Randy. Thank you for your advice. I actually have been thinking about doing something like that. I think I'll follow your advice and do it.
    Thank you again.
    Lana
    Randy35 likes this.

Well, aren't we all stubborn and want to do what is on our mind?
    I took my dose yesterday and decided that's it for me. Don't want to taper anymore and want to be off this devil meds. I took .75mg yesterday around 8am and I still have a few crumbs left just in case I need it in the next few days. So far I'm feeling fine better than I did for the last few mornings. Usually I'd wake up with anxiety and this morning I have none. It doesn't mean it won't come later but it's so nice not to feel it even though I haven't taken anything this morning. Is it because I had an awesome relaxing evening yesterday and my brain cells were filled with happiness? I wish I could have evenings like that every day but it's not the case. I'm just hoping this boost of happiness in my brain will last me through today
    Catrina likes this.

Well, aren't we all stubborn and want to do what is on our mind?
    I took my dose yesterday and decided that's it for me. Don't want to taper anymore and want to be off this devil meds. I took .75mg yesterday around 8am and I still have a few crumbs left just in case I need it in the next few days. So far I'm feeling fine better than I did for the last few mornings. Usually I'd wake up with anxiety and this morning I have none. It doesn't mean it won't come later but it's so nice not to feel it even though I haven't taken anything this morning. Is it because I had an awesome relaxing evening yesterday and my brain cells were filled with happiness? I wish I could have evenings like that every day but it's not the case. I'm just hoping this boost of happiness in my brain will last me through today
    Sounds like you finally stabilized at the .75. Enjoy the break. Unfortunately, things will likely get worse before they get better but it is what is is and here you go. Keep posting. It helps us to get out of our heads. Do you have any of the things from the Thomas Recipe? Those might help. Remember to drink, drink, DRINK!! So important. A protein rich diet will help you keep your strength up. Aches? I used heating pads on my legs and back and hot baths of course. I hope this last stretch turns out to be not too bad.

You're ready!! Best wishes.

Peace,

Cat

I don't know why but I actually am feeling better after I stopped taking suboxone than when I was tapering. Yes, I'm sneezing and feel chills quite often during the day but my anxiety has decreased tremendously! I have to admit I took 1 Norco after I had a very emotional conversation with my mom but that's all. I do feel tired and lazy all day but not depressed like I was when I was tapering. It's been about 2.5 days since my last dose of suboxone and I am aware about longer half-life of this medication... but maybe, just maybe, I will not be too miserable?....
    Catrina likes this.

I don't know why but I actually am feeling better after I stopped taking suboxone than when I was tapering. Yes, I'm sneezing and feel chills quite often during the day but my anxiety has decreased tremendously! I have to admit I took 1 Norco after I had a very emotional conversation with my mom but that's all. I do feel tired and lazy all day but not depressed like I was when I was tapering. It's been about 2.5 days since my last dose of suboxone and I am aware about longer half-life of this medication... but maybe, just maybe, I will not be too miserable?....
    Good news! I hope it just keeps getting better and better. Stay away from those Norcos! They will set you back and it's way too risky to even try that one. We've got to find a way to deal with the chit that life throws at us aside from taking a pill. Be mindful and always remember that abstinence means abstinence. NO MORE PILLS!

Keep posting. Wishing you well.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you, Cat. I know you are right and I should find the way to deal with what life throws at me using different techniques. And believe me I'm working on developing them. I only have 10 Norco pills and have no way of obtaining more nor do I have a desire to do so. I really just need to stay busy and be around people. Staying busy is not a problem but being around people is more difficult. I live alone as you might remember and I work by myself at my office. So my only companions are my two shih tzu

A quick update on my progress... doing good. Having some chills throughout my day and feeling tired a lot but otherwise there's no other symptoms. Depression kind of comes and goes bringing some bad thoughts about my current personal situation but I knew I'd have to deal with it after I stopped masking it with pills. I just have to accept that I'm going to be living alone for quite some time and stop obsessing about it. Easier said than done but I have no other choice...
    not taking any pills now except vitamins.... hopefully I can find a way to get my life more busy otherwise it'll be very difficult for me to cope with my loneliness

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was supportive and especially to Cat! And also encourage everyone who is trying to quit taking whatever pills you are currently taking. It is possible! I did it. The most difficult challenge after you stopped is to stay sober! Good luck to you all and God bless!