Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hotshot_eddie
Is there anyone who started withdrawals this weekend
    Fourmygal is offline Junior Member

Default Is there anyone who started withdrawals this weekend

Looking for a support partner with the timing the same

hotshot_eddie is offline Junior Member

i "kinda" did. i just joind here today to read all i can. im going to try a taper since ive never came close to CT cut and i have high blood pressure. this weekend i was in maderate wd from cutting down on my norco use from 20 a day. i started cutting back last week and by the weekend i was sick even tho i was still taking 7 a day. i went to 5 monday and i was still sick. tue, and today im still on 5 and feeling much better. almost normal now so i know i never needed 20 a day. Im going to stay at 5 this week and cut to 4 this weekend. then i plan on doing 4 next week and go from there depending on how i feel. In just over a week, ive went from taking 20 to taking 5 and i was sick but i made it this far and im kinda proud of myself.

also, i just checked my bp and it was 106 over 63. im soo happy about that
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.

if you guys dont mind this getting bumped every few days, im going to keep up with my taper here. nobody may even be reading this but since i have no one else i can tell or talk to, i wanna keep recording this as i go just as a reason to stick with it whenever the thoughts of going backwards creep in. then maybe i can think about what ive told people and guilt myself into not going there again.

jan 28, went from 20 a day to 15 day - felt fine but still "wanted" more
    jan 31, went from 15 to 7 a day. started feeling like ???? and was sick but not deathly ill
    feb 4, went to 5 a day, wanted more and pretty sick but i made it though a work day somehow
    feb 5, backslid and took 6 today, felt alot better though
    feb 6, back to 5 today and feel great. I gotta dissassociate the drinking of coke with taking pills. I may have to quit drinking coke too because that is a huge trigger for me.
    feb 7, 10 am and im on schedule for 5 again today, feel fine and have cut way back on the cokes too. Feeling very good about things right now since i have cut from 20 to 5 in just over a week. I get a script for 4 a day and for now, that is my goal. if i can get back to what im prescibed, even that would be huge for me. if things go well, i want to keep going and try to get off these things without going through hell.

I know im talking to myself here but i have to tell someone because im so proud of myself. i NEVER thought i could make it on less that 15 a day. as a matter of fact, if i only had like 15 for a day, i would start freaking before i even ran out because i have been deep into wd before and with my blood pressure problems, it scared the ???? outa me. The past couple of days have been nice, once my system got used to taking alot less, it has been nice not waking up worrying if i would have any for tommorrow. even if i dont cut anymore right now, i still have plenty to get me to my next rx
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Eddie...

You're not talkin to yourself...

I'm following you...

I think your head is certainly in the right place and if you have confidence in yourself and stay strong, you will beat this...

It is a big accomplishment to get back to what you are prescribed after taking 5X that daily, in less than 2 weeks (when you get to 4/day)...that's huge..

You say you're proud of yourself, you should be, I'm proud of your progress too...

Keep it up...

-Buck

#TeamEdward

thanks buck! its nice just to hear encouragement. also, i just got paid and its nice to not have to be out on my lunch hour hunting. i dont remember the last time that happened
    caughtagain likes this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Eddie, proud of you man... Tapering is a hard deal.. I could never do it. Keep on track and before you know it, you will be done with them.. May I suggest starting your own thread ( I can start it for you).. This way it can be your own journal. Anyway, We are cheering you on! All My best Reid

davepeerson is online now Platinum Member

Yeah....keep us posted Eddie!! I am new to this forum....and presently trying to taper off Suboxone!! It is extremely helpful to use this site for inspiration, & to just plain vent on how your feeling!!! Keep up the good work!! Cheers, Dave